Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University (Dr.BRAOU), formally known as Andhra Pradesh Open University, was established in 1982 by an act of the state legislature. Admission for various PG programmes, M.Phil. & Ph.D. Programmes has been stated. The main objective of the University is to bring the benefits of higher education to all sections of the society to meet the changing individual and social needs. The University has been offering 3-Year Undergraduate Programme since 1983 in Arts, Commerce, and Science. Interested candidates can check all the details of BRAOU admissions 2020 from this page given below.
Latest: The application form has been released for BRAOU Admission 2020. Scroll down to get the links to apply online.
BRAOU Admission 2020
Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University has issued a notification for admission to MA, M.Com, M.Sc, MBA, MLISc, BLISc, PG Diploma and Certificate Programmes for the academic year 2020-21. The dates of the admission process are mentioned in the table below:
|BRAOU Admission 2020||Dates|
|Commencement for Payment of Tuition Fee||29 Jun 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||31 Jul 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form (with late fees 200/-)||21 Aug 2020|
PG Courses Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria is provided below. For getting the detailed information about eligibility criteria you can check the official notices that has been provided below-
- Admission to two year Post Graduate Programme in M.A. (Economics) (Telugu Medium) is open to all the citizens of India who hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Economics as one of the subjects including B.Com, B.B.A, B.E/B. Tech, B.B.M & MBA from an Indian University recognized by UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
- Admission to two year Post Graduate Programme in M.A. History, Political Science Public Administration, Sociology (All Telugu Media), Journalism and Mass Communication (English Medium) and M.A. English are open to all the citizens of India who hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from an Indian University which is recognized by the UGC and is a member of the Association of Indian Universities.
BRAOU 2020 Application Form
The application form has been released on the official website. You can fill the application form from the direct link that has been provided below. It is important for the candidates to read all the eligibility criteria before applying online. The candidates who will provide the wrong information, their candidature will be canceled itself. Check below-
- Click here to fill the PG 1st year online application form
- Click here to fill the PG 2nd year online application form
How to apply
Click on Registrations for PG I Year / PG Diploma / Certificate Programmes Online Admission Registration Form 2020-21. As you click all the PG I Year / PG Diploma / Certificate Programmes will appear on the Screen.
Click on the Programme to which you wish to register. For example, if you wish to study M.A. English, Click on M.A. English. If you are already a student of this University M.A. English I Year and wish to register for II Year, click on Registration for PG II Year Programmes and then click on M.A. English II year Registration. Similarly, the same procedure may be followed for other Programmes. Once you select or click on a Programme, the window opens (the blank Registration Form appears on the monitor). Start filling the Application Online by typing in some of the columns and selecting the correct option in others
BRAOU 2020 Admission Procedure
Admission into M.Phil. and Ph.D. programme shall be through an entrance examination (written test) followed by an interview. However, the applicants qualified at the UGC /CSIR / JRF /NET /SLET /M.Phil. /GATE tests are exempted from appearing for the entrance test provided they register themselves for the admission by paying the requisite fee. Admissions are confirmed on the basis of first come – first serve
BRAOU 2020 Fees Structure
Syllabus and Model Question paper
Candidates interested for admission in M.Phil and Ph.D. programme need to study according to the syllabus and practice the model test papers provided here. The link provided here contains syllabi and question papers for various M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes
Syllabi and Question paper: Click here to check Syllabi and model question paper for M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes.
- Click here for more details regarding M.Phil and Ph.D. programmes.
BRAOU UG Admission 2020
Dr B.R. Ambedkar Open University offers three years Undergraduate (U.G) Programmes leading to the award of B.A, B.Com, and B.Sc Degrees. All the programmes of the University are recognized by Distance Education Bureau (DEB), UGC, New Delhi. Admissions to these programmes are open to all Citizens of India without any restrictions. However, the area of operation of the University is confined to the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh only. The minimum duration of the U.G. Programme is three years. The maximum period allowed for completion of the U.G. Programme is six years from the years of admission. The list if important dates of the admission process are given below:
|Starting date of application form||29 Jun 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||31 Jul 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form (with late fees 200/-)||21 Aug 2020|
BRAOU UG 2020 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply online for BRAOU UG Admission 2020. Before going to apply candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria and all other details carefully. The link to fill up the application form is provided below for the sake of candidates.
Apply Online: Click here to fill the BRAOU UG 2020 Application Form.
BRAOU UG 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who do not possess Intermediate (or) its Equivalent Qualification are eligible to appear for the Eligibility Test for seeking admission into I year of the B.A./B.Com/B.Sc (3 Year Degree Programmes) for the Academic Year 2020-21, provided they have completed 18 years of age by July 2020. Candidates who do not complete 18 years by July 2020 are not eligible to appear for the Eligibility Test.
Direct Admissions: Candidates who have passed:
- The Intermediate or its equivalent examination; or
- 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) / AP Open School Society (APOSS)
- The two-year ITI or two-year vocational course after S.S.C. and other examinations.
- The pass outs of the Eligibility Test.
BRAOU UG 2020 Fee Structure
Official website: braou.ac.in
For more details about,candidates can check the previous year details for reference purposes
- UG PG Admission Notification – Download Here
- Diploma Certificate Information Brochure – Download Here
- PG (M.A. / M.Sc / M.Com.) Prospectus – Download Here
- PG 2nd Year Notice for Payment of Tuition Fees – Download Here
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.