Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University conducts admissions into B.Ed. and B.Ed.(Special Education) Programmes through Entrance Test for the academic year 2018-19. Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit in the Entrance Test. Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the University will be admitted. Centralized admissions will be done on the basis of the score obtained in the Entrance Test conducted by BRAOU. Interested candidates can check all the details of BRAOU B.Ed., B.Ed. (SE) Entrance Test 2018 like course structure, eligibility, application process etc from this page given below.
BRAOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2018
Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University conducts the entrance test for admission into B.Ed. and B.Ed.(Special Education) Programmes. Interested candidates can apply online for the entrance test. The scheduled dates of the entrance exam are given in the table below:
|Commencement of Registration||11 Apr 2018|
|Download of Admit Card|
|Last date for Registration|
|Date of Entrance Test|
|Publication of results||12 Jun 2018|
|Admission Counselling||14 to 16 Oct 2018|
|Spot Admission (For All Pedagogy)||20 Oct 2018|
|Admission Counselling for B.Ed (Special Education)||19 & 22 Oct 2018|
Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before applying for the entrance test.
Counselling: Click Here to check all the details of the B.Ed Admission Counselling 2018.
Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University has released the result of Entrance examination. Candidates can check their result from the official website or through the direct link which is provided below.
Result: Click Here to check BRAOU B.Ed. Entrance Test 2018 Result.
Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University has released the admit card for the Entrance examination after the registration process is done. Candidates can download the admit card using their application number and carefully read the instruction written on the admit card regarding entrance exam. Admit Card contains important instructions of candidates like candidate’s name, exam center ans exam timing etc. Admit card should be downloaded before the exam date and must be brought at the exam hall.
Programme Name: B.Ed. (Recognized by NCTE)
- Duration of Course: 2 years
- Medium: Telugu
Programme Name: B.Ed. (Special Education) (Recognised by RCI)
- Duration of Course: 2½ years
- Medium: English & Telugu
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates should have passed with at least 50% of marks either B.A./ B.Sc. / B.Com./ B.C.A./ B.Sc.(Home Science) / BBM and / or the Masters Degree in Science / Social Sciences / Humanities (relevant subject of Pedagogy) at the time of submitting the application for B.Ed. Entrance Test. Candidates should have secured a minimum of 55% marks in B.E/B.Tech. with Science / Mathematics as one of the subjects or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission into the B.Ed. (ODL) Programme. However the candidates belonging to SC / ST / BC / PWD should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are appearing for final year examination in the Qualifying Examination (Bachelor or a Higher Degree) can also apply. But they should be required to submit the marks memo and pass certificate of Qualifying examination at the time of Admission Counselling. Otherwise, they are not allowed for admission.
- Apart from the above, the candidates must fulfil any one of the following conditions as per NCTE-2014 New Regulations.
- Should be Trained in-service teachers in Elementary Education. (NCTE recognised Teacher training completed in-service Teachers in elementary education i.e. working in Govt/Aided/ MPP/ZPP/Govt. Recognised schools).
- Should have completed NCTE recognised Teacher Education programme through face-to-face mode (TTC/D.Ed./D.El.Ed./B.El.Ed./TPT/HPT/UPT/B.P.Ed./D.P.Ed.-Qualification is must)
- The reservation for SC/ST/BC/PH categories shall be as per the rules in vogue.
- Candidate should have completed 21 years as on July 01, 2018. No shall be no upper age limit.
As per the GOMS No: 92, the candidates who passed M.B.B.S/B.D.S/BPT/B.A.M.S./B.L/L.L.B/ B. Pharmacy B.A.(Languages)/BOL etc. and other such professional courses are not eligible for admission into B.Ed. course.
Diploma in ECE /PSE, Diploma in Arts Education and other Pre-Primary Teacher Training Certificate/Diploma (PPTTC) completed candidates are not eligible for admission into B.Ed. (ODL) Programme
For B.Ed (SE)
- The Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.
- Candidates with at least 50% per cent marks either in the Bachelors Degree (B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.C.A./B.Sc. (Home Science)/ BBM) and/or in the Masters Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/ Humanities (relevant subject of Pedagogy) are eligible. B.E/B.Tech. with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55 % marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However the candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/PH should have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the qualifying examination
- However, weightage to be given to the candidates fulfilling any one of the following conditions:
- Parent of a child with a disability.
- A person with disability possessing Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Possession of any RCI approved diploma/degree
- Candidates who are appearing for final year examination in Qualifying Examination (Bachelor or a Higher Degree) can also apply. But they should be required to submit the marks memo and passé certificate of the Qualifying Examination at the time admission. Otherwise, they are not allowed for admission.
- Candidate should have completed 21 years as on July 01, 2018. There shall be no upper age limit.
- . As per the GOMS.No:92, the candidate who passed MBBS/BDS/BPT/BAMS/B.L./LL.B/B.Sc.(ASLP)/ B.O.L./ B.A(Languages) and other such professional courses are not eligible for admission into B.Ed.(SE) course.
- Choose the area of specialization in your B.Ed.(SE) Programme
- Visual Impairment(VI)
- Mental Retardation (MR)
- Hearing Impairment(HI)
- Candidate can shift their Area of Specialization i.e. VI/HI/MR at the time of Admission as per their interest and availability of the seats in leftover vacancies.
Application Form 2018
Application form for BRAOU B.Ed is available online at the official website. Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Application forms must be filled on or before its last date. Before filling the application form, candidates are requested to ensure their eligibility. Candidate have to pay the requisite fee to submit the application form.
Candidates have to pay the Registration fee of Rs. 400/- through Debit/Credit card or Rs. 435/- through any AP/TS ONLINE FRANCHISE CENTRES located across AP and Telangana on or before last date to pay the application fee.
BRAOU B.Ed., B.Ed (SE) Exam Instruction
BRAOU B.Ed Entrance Test
Syllabus for entrance test: The Question paper of the Entrance will have 3 parts for 100 marks. The details are given below
- Part-A: General English Comprehension – 25 Marks
- Part-B: Proficiency in Telugu – 25 Marks
- Part-C: General Mental Ability – 50 Marks
Scheme of Entrance Test
- Candidates are expected in the examination hall on time.
- The entrance test will be for 100 Marks with 100 objective type (Multiple Choice) questions and is of 2 hours duration.
Medium of Entrance Test
- The question paper, except General English section, will be in Telugu.
Note: The Qualifying mark in the B.Ed. Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC/ST, is 35. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities ranking will be extended below the qualifying mark.
BRAOU B.Ed (SE) Entrance Test
Syllabus for Entrance Test: The Entrance Test Question Paper will have 2 parts for 100 Marks with 100 Objective type (Multiple Choice) questions
Part – A: General English Comprehension – 40 Marks
Part – B: General Mental Ability – 60 Marks
- Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Verbal & Abstract Reasoning
Scheme of Entrance Test
- Candidates are expected in the examination hall on time.
- The Entrance Test is 2 parts for 100 with 100 objective type (Multiple Choice) questions
Medium of Entrance Test
- English & Telugu
BRAOU Exam Centers
The University is empowered to change any examination center for any reason. Mere permission to appear for the Entrance Test cannot be considered as the eligibility for admission into B.Ed./B.Ed. (SE) Programme.
BRAOU B.Ed 2018 Ranking
Candidates will be ranked in the order of the merit in the B.Ed. entrance test. In case of candidates getting equal mark, Part-C marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In case of tie the marks obtained in Part-B, then Part-A will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In the case of candidates getting equal marks in each of the parts of the test paper, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates. The rank obtained in B.Ed. Entrance Test is valid for entry into B.Ed. Programme for the Academic Year 2018-2019 only.
For B.Ed (SE)
Candidates will be ranked in the order of the merit in the B.Ed. [SE-ODL] Entrance Test. In case of candidates getting equal mark, Part- II marks will be taken into account to decide relative ranking. In the case of candidates getting equal marks in two parts of the test paper, age shall be taken into consideration for relative ranking among the bracketed candidates. The rank obtained in B.Ed. Entrance Test is valid for entry into B.Ed. [SE-ODL] Programme for the Academic Year 2018-19 only.
- The Qualifying mark in the B.Ed. (SE) Entrance Test for all candidates, except SC/ST, is 35. For candidates belonging to SC/ST communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
- Request for Re-Totalling and Re-evaluation or personal identification of scripts will not be entertained.
Original Certificates to be submitted at the time of Admission Counselling
- Degree/PG (relevant subject of Pedagogy) Provisional Pass Certificate/Convocation
- Degree/PG (relevant subject of Pedagogy) Year wise Marks Memos/Consolidated Memo
- Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate
- Integrated Caste Certificate obtained after 1 st April 2018, if applicable
- Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates/ Parent with Child disability issued by Competent Authority)
- Transfer Certificate of last study
- Migration Certificate for other than Dr. BRAOU Students
- RCI approved Diploma/Degree Completion/Pass Certificate (if applicable)
- Intermediate / 10+2 certificate
- Study Certificates (IX to Degree) or Residence Certificate
BRAOU B.Ed Tuition Fee
For B.Ed 2 years course
The Tuition fee is Rs. 25,000/- for the entire programme of two years. The total Tuition fee has to be paid at the time of admission in a single payment through Demand Draft. Examination Fee has to be paid as per the norms of the University.
For B.Ed 2.5 years
The Tuition fee is Rs. 30,000/- for the entire programme of Two and half years (2½ Years) i.e. Five Semesters. The Candidate is permitted to pay Tuition fee in two instalments. The first instalment of Rs. 15,000 has to be paid at the time of Admission and the Second Instalment of Rs. 15,000 has to pay in the form of Demand Draft on the first instructional day (Workshop) of 3rd Semester. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of the Registrar, Dr. BR Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad and submit the same to the respective Programme Coordinator. Examination fee has to be paid as per the norms of the University.
BRAOU B.Ed., B.Ed (SE) Model Papers
Previous year model paper for BRAOU B.Ed. Entrance Test is given below.
Official website: www.braou.ac.in.
For more details regarding BRAOU B.Ed., B.Ed (SE) Entrance Test, download the 2018 information brochure – Download Information Brochure.