Centralized counselling is a counselling process that allows students and colleges to carry out registration, choices filling, seat allocation, etc on a single platform. Traditionally, colleges used to conduct separate counselling. However, with the help of the centralized counselling process, now candidates can easily participate in counselling for counselling of multiple colleges at the same time. Institutes like IIT, NITs, CFTIs, etc. are using centralized counselling to fill UG and PG seats. From this page, you can check details regarding all the centralized counselling processes that are held in India.
Below we have given centralized counselling process with the short form and the full form.
- CCMT – Centralized Counselling for M.Tech M.Plan
- CCMN – Centralized Counselling for M.Sc
- COAP – Common Offer Acceptance Portal
- CSAB – Central Seat Allocation Board
- DASA (UG) – Direct Admission to Students Abroad
- DASA (PG) – Direct Admission to Students Abroad
- DHE – Odisha +3 Admission
- DOST Admission – Degree Online Services, Telangana
- Gujarat ACPC
- JAC Delhi
- JAC Chandigarh
- JoSAA – Joint Seat Allocation Authority for Counselling
- MCC – Medical Council of India 2019
- MP Online Counselling
- RMCAAP – Rajasthan MCA Admission Process
- Rajasthan Centralized Admission to M.Tech (CAM)
- Rajasthan BHMCT Counselling
- RMCAAT – Rajasthan Centralized Counselling for MCA
- REAP – Rajasthan Engineering Admission Process
- TNEA – Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions – Anna University
- TNGASA – Tamil Nadu Government Arts and Science Colleges Admission
- Punjab Law Admission
- State Counselling for ITI Admission
When and Why is Centralized Counselling
Usually, centralized counselling is held for those national or state level examinations, the score of which is accepted by numerous colleges. Few examples of these are as follows:
However, at times centralized counselling process is also used for directly granting admission. In such a case, the candidates do need not crack any entrance examination but directly participate in the counselling process.
- In such cases, seat allotment is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
Few examples of such are as follows:
|Tamil Nadu engineering admission||TNEA|
|Direct admission of foreign students in India||DASA|
|Engineering admission in Rajasthan||REAP|
Note: Universities also conduct centralized counselling to fill seats in the affiliated colleges. Also, a college with the huge number of courses and branches might also use CC method to fill seats.
Who Conducts Centralized Counselling
Generally, the counselling is started by a particular type of college to fill seats in its other branch or sister colleges. However, more than one type of college / institute can also be a part of it. For example, in JoSAA, IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, etc. participate. Also, CCMT is conducted by NITs but CFTIs also participate in this centralized counselling process.
- For some counselling, there is a fixed conducting body. However, for others, the conducting body might change every year. It depends on the scheme of the counselling process.
What is the Process of Centralised Counselling?
There is no hard and fast rule on how centralized counselling is to be held. However, generally, it is conducted online, in multiple rounds, and has the following stages:
Stage 1 – Online registration and choice filling.
Stage 2 – Seat allocation.
Stage 3 – Accepting / withdrawing of seat.
Stage 4 – Reporting for verification.
Note: Sometimes, verification of candidate is might also be done in the beginning. It also depends on the scheme of the counselling process.
Online registration and choice filling – Here, the candidates have to login, fill details, and submit choice for the course and college.
- The priority in which a candidate submits choices for the college and course is very important because, on the basis of it, allocation of the seats is done.
Seat allocation – Once all the choices are submitted, the allocation of the seats is done. It is done on the basis of choices submitted by the candidates and their score in the entrance exam / qualifying exam (whichever is applicable).
Accepting / withdrawing of seat – If the candidates are satisfied with the allocation, they can accept it. However, if they are not satisfied with it, then they can either withdraw from the centralized counselling process or opt for the next round of counselling.
Reporting for verification – Candidates who accept the seat are required to report at the allocated college / institute / center and get the verification done. During verification, eligibility of the candidates is checked through specif documents and generally, candidates also have to pay admission fee after the verification.
Advantages of Centralized Counselling
Centralised counselling is especially beneficial for the candidates and the colleges because:
- It provides a single virtual space where candidates and colleges can exchange data.
- Due to centralized counselling, now the candidates only have to pay counselling once and not separately for each college.
- It allows candidates to check and evaluate their choices better.
- It is a more transparent method which ensures fairness.
- Centralized counselling also saves colleges from the hassle of conducting counselling individually.
- Overall, the counselling, seat allocation, and accepting of the seat, etc. has become easy due to centralized counselling.
We hope this article was helpful. If you have any queries or doubts, leave a comment below.
sir right now i have appeared in bcom 6th sem exam….so what will be the best option after this…….
Hello Sir,I am syed and i want to know the first councelling date for NEET(UG).plz notify me sir.so that i can attend the councelling.please reply as soon as possible.
Hi. NEET 2018 counselling registration has started. Please apply if you are eligible.
Hi. NEET 2018 counselling has started.
I have entered my registration but not paid the fees for registration,can i change the input after that….
ONLY B,ED KE LIYE =SC ST =7830982643
when will ojee MCA counselling will start and choice filling will start?????
Sir can you tell me the exact date of ap icet counseling date 2018 please please sir
sir msc physics 1st counselling bta do sabhi university ki
how to check councelling for m.sc mathematics
when is the DCET COUNsilling for 2018
SIR total all india seats of thro icar
Sir iam getting 450marks can i get admission iya in acms delhi
Sir, I have got 55 marks in icar exam during year 2019. Can I got any college.
sir ji kya ny id bnana pdega kya admission