DASA UG – Direct Admission of Students Abroad is a scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for Admissions to Premier Institutions of India. Under this scheme, candidates gets admission into undergraduate programmes in Engineering/Architecture/ Planning at NITs, IIITs, SPAs and and other premier Technical Institutions of India. To apply under DASA, candidate must have passed 12th standard along with SAT Subject Test scores (Maths level 2, Physics, and Chemistry). Read this article to know more about the Direct Admission of Students Abroad.
Check the DASA UG Scheme schedule from the table given below.
- Cut Offs (SAT Subject Scores)
|Particulars||Start Dates for Registration|
|DASA UG 2020|
|DASA UG 2019||02 Apr 2019|
DASA UG Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check eligibility before applying for DASA UG Scheme.
- Age Limit: Those applicants who born on or after October 01, 1995 are eligible to apply for DASA.
- Academic Qualification: You have to pass the 11th and 12th Classes along with Mathematics, Physics and one of the subjects from (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Biology.
- Marks: Candidate must have secured a minimum of at least 60% aggregate marks or 6.50 CGPA or equivalent in the qualifying examination.
- Residential Requirement: Any foreign national studying in any country including India or Indian nationals studying abroad who fulfill other admission criteria shall be eligible.
- Residential Requirement for Indian Nationals: Candidates with at least two years of education, inclusive of 11th & 12th or equivalent, in a foreign country during the last 8 years and must pass the qualifying examination from abroad.
DASA UG Merit List
Applicant should have a minimum total valid score in SAT Subject Tests. A merit list of all the eligible applicants would be drawn on the basis of total SAT Subject Test scores only. SAT subject test score has to be sent directly through College Board to NITK Surathkal. This Scores will be considered for merit list preparation and seat allotment.
DASA UG Seat Allotment Process
Seat allotment is based on valid SAT Subject Test scores and the choices given by the applicant in the order of their merit and priority taken together.
Based on the merit list, the allotment of Institution and course are made as per the choices indicated by the applicant in his/her application form. An applicant appearing higher on merit list would get higher priority in allotment of course / Institution of his / her choices as compared to an applicant appearing lower in the merit list. In case, Institute/course of first preference indicated by the applicant is not available, he/she will be allotted the 2nd preference (Institute/course) and so on. Such of those applicants who have not been allotted any seat will be indicated as Not allotted in the allotment list. In such cases, the applicants will be eligible for all Rounds of allotment against vacancies.
All selected Foreign nationals must obtain a valid student visa as applicable to their category issued by the Indian Missions abroad. The visa can be obtained by producing the Provisional Admission offer letter and other required documents at the Indian Missions located in their respective country. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to arrange an appropriate visa.
Official Website: dasanit.org.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.