Arts and Humanities Entrance Exams are conducted all over India for students aspiring to make a career in the field of Arts and humanities. Exams for Arts and Humanities are conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate level for bachelor and masters degree in arts and humanities. Students opting for arts and humanities stream or considering about switching to humanities must know that a plethora of opportunities await them. It is a diversified field with plenty of career options. Students from Arts and Humanities streams can get here every little detail related with their Entrance Exam Notifications and the latest updates on Entrance Exams for Arts Students conducted in India.
Arts and Humanities Entrance Exams 2023
- DU DSE M.A. (Economics) Entrance Test
- Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE)
- Regional Institute of Education (RIE) Common Entrance Exam (CEE)
- TISS National Entrance Test (TISSNET)
Important Entrance Exams for Arts and Humanities
Arts and Humanities students can search for different types of Arts and Humanities Entrance Exams as per their requirements and interests. There are several entrance exams after 12th arts board exams. Depending upon interest and aptitude, they can opt for a career in law, fashion-design, hotel management or languages. Some of the important entrance examinations students can go for are as follows.
- Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examinations (HSEE): Humanities and Social Science students may go for HSEE. This examination helps students seek admission for Development Studies and English Studies.
- Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test (CSSET): B.Ed aspirants may opt for Combined Shiksha Shastri Entrance Test (CSSET). It is primarily conducted by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi at specified centres across various locations in India.
- Combined Shiksha Acharya Entrance Test (CSAET): This exam is preferably conducted to select students aspiring for admission to Shiksha Acharya M.Ed course.
- DU DSE M.A. (Economics) Entrance Test: It is generally conducted to attract B.A.(Hons) Economics students from Delhi University and B.A.(Hons)/B.Sc.(Hons) Economics of any other Indian University for admission to DU DSE M.A.(Economics) course.
- North Maharashtra University MA (MCJ) Entrance Exam: Students aspiring to do full time Post Graduate Master Degree course, may appear in the North Maharashtra University MA (MCJ) Entrance Exam to get their aspirations fulfilled.
- Tata Institute of Social Science National Entrance Test (TISSNET) enables students to pursue Post-Graduate Degree Programmes such as M.A., M.Sc., M.H.A., M.P.H.).
- NCHMCT JEE and E CHAT: Entrance Exams for 12th arts students also include hotel management entrance exams
- Law Entrance Exams Arts students can also explore career opportunities in law stream after passing class 12th. They can go for exams like CLAT, AILET, LSAT and so on.
- Design Entrance Exams: Students can make designing their career by appearing in Design Entrance Exams such as NIFT, NID and other related entrance exams meant for art students after 12th.
Courses in Arts and Humanities
Undergraduate courses: Students after completing 10+2 can opt for Ug level courses/ bachelors in arts. Ug level bachelor courses in Arts and Humanities are mainy for three years duration. There are various specialisations under bachelor degree of arts. Some of them are as follows.
- Bachelor of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Sociology
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communications (BAJMC)
- Bachelor of Arts and Law (BA LLB)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) Fashion Designing
- Bachelor of Business Application (BBA) Tourism and Hospitality
Postgraduate Courses: Students can pursue their postgraduate or Masters degree in Arts in any Humanities subject after completing bachelor’s degree in arts and humanities. PG level courses are mainly of two years duration. Some of the masters degree courses students can opt for are given below.
- MA Political Science
- MA in Sociology
- MA in Philosophy
- MA in Journalism and Mass Communication (MAJMC)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
Scope of Arts and Humanities
Career in Arts and Humanities hold s a wide scope and new and uniques opportunities for students. Studying arts and humanities provides an edge over all the competitive examinations held in India by building your general knowledge and studies strong and sharp. This stream provides a uniques chance of learning and developing social, political, historical views. The following are the courses for students aspiring to pursue Arts and Humanities.
- Fashion Design Courses
- Events Managemnt Courses
- Mass Communication Courses
- Foreign Language Courses
- Acting Courses
- Dance Courses
- Entrepreneurship Courses
- Hotel Management Courses
- Audio Visual Media Courses
If you are looking for career opportunities after appearing in arts and humanities entrance examination, do not worry. There are many! Gone are the days when arts and humanities had limited options and scope for students to pursue. In today’s era, arts and humanities have many lucrative career opportunities and job titles for students which are in high demand nowadays.
- Technical Writer
- Content Developer
- Event Manager/Organizer
- Travel Agent
- Human Resource Specialist
- Fashion Designer
Top 10 Arts and Humanities Colleges in India
Following are the Top 10 colleges for Arts and Humanities in India.
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- St. Stephen`s College, New Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Xavier`s College, Mumbai
- Christ College, Bangalore
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- St. Xavier`s College, Kolkata
- Miranda House, New Delhi
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Presidency College, Chennai
Pls tell me sir the best entrance exam for admission in ba 3yr course..
Plz tell me about forms when it will be out for english honours ….plz plz inform me
For which college/university
Exam kab hy arts ky ba1st year ka please reply
I am very interested in arts does any best colleges are there please suggest me please