NEET MDS – National board of Examination (NBE) is responsible to conduct NEET MDS for admission to various Post Graduate MDS courses Dentists Act, 1948. NEET-MDS is a single window entrance examination for Dental PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, is valid for entry to MDS Courses. NBE has no role regarding counseling and allotment of seats. All the information regarding the NEET- MDS uploads on the website www.nbe.edu.in. To read more about the NEET MDS, go through this article.
NEET-MDS shall be the single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Dental Courses. Check the schedule for the NEET MDS through table below.
|NEET MDS 2019||14 Dec 2018|
|NEET MDS 2020||20 Dec 2019|
NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
Below provided eligibility criteria for getting admission to MDS courses is laid down by Dental Council of India with prior approval of MoHFW.
- Qualification: Applicants must have a recognized degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery from a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/ recognized dental college
- Internship: Those candidates who passed the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI) and are undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship and is likely to complete the same by March 31 (Year of admission) are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
Eligibility for All India 50% Quota Seats
Candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do BDS from Dental Collegesin Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
Candidates not Eligible to Apply Under All India 50% Quota Seats
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seat.
- Furthermore, those who have done their BDS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
Note: For detailed eligibility criteria of NEET MDS, candidates must go through the Information brochure for specific year of admission.
NEET MDS 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
NEET MDS Exam Pattern
Go through the Exam pattern of NEET MDS from below and prepare to same.
- Language of Question Paper: Question paper will available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- Number of questions: Total number of questions in the NEET MDS exam are 240.
- Marking scheme: Candidate is given four marks for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Sections: NEET MDS consists of 2 parts – Part A and Part B. Part A consists of the total number of 100 questions and part B consist of the total number of 140 questions.
You can check the distribution of questions and marks in part A according to Subject-wise.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Weightage|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14||56|
|General Pathology and Microbiology||14||56|
|General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14||56|
|General human physiology and Biochemistry||14||56|
|General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14||56|
You can check the distribution of questions and marks in part B according to Subject-wise.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Weightage|
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||14||56|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||14||56|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14||56|
|Public Health Dentistry||14||56|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14||56|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14||56|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14||56|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14||56|
NEET MDS Preparation Tips
For the better preparation of competition exam, candidates need to make the proper strategy to study hard and also know the best books to read for succeeding
- Before starting the preparation you must analyse the syllabus and Exam Pattern.
- Collect all the effective study material ready for starting to study.
- To crack the NEET MDS you need to practice lot of last year question papers and Mock test.
- Most important thing is make a schedule chart and targets for covering topics each day.
Get here the eligibility criteria for participation in counseling towards allotment of MDS seats.
Counselling is conducted by DGHS or State Counseling Authority shall be in accordance with MDS
Course Regulations, 2017 notified by DCI with prior approval of MoHFW, Govt. of India.
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile|
|UR PWD||45th Percentile|
Official website: www.nbe.edu.in