NEET MDS – National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for MDS every year at national level. It is a single entrance exam in India for admitting candudates in PG Master of Dental Surgery (MDS ) courses. Candidate must hold a bachelor in dental surgery (BDS) degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the exam. NEET MDS is held onlne in which candidates have to solve 240 MCQ of four marks each in 180 minutes. Check in detail about NEET MDS from this page.
NEET MDS counselling is conducted for the qualifiers of NEET MDS exam. Candidates are called for the counselling round as per their rank in the merit list. Check the NEET MDS eaxm dates from this page.
NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria
Below provided eligibility criteria for getting admission to MDS courses is laid down by Dental Council of India with prior approval of MoHFW.
- Qualification: Applicants must have a recognized degree of Bachelor in Dental Surgery from a university or institute in India and registered with the State Dental Council and has obtained provisional or permanent registration and has undergone compulsory rotatory internship of a year in an approved/ recognized dental college
- Internship: Those candidates who passed the final qualifying examination (BDS or the foreign dental degree recognized by GOI/DCI) and are undergoing 12-month compulsory rotatory internship and is likely to complete the same by March 31 (Year of admission) are also eligible to appear for the entrance exam.
Eligibility for All India 50% Quota Seats
Candidates who were nominated by the Government of India to do BDS from Dental Collegesin Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible to apply for admission.
Candidates not Eligible to Apply Under All India 50% Quota Seats
- Candidates who have studied/passed BDS from the state of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for 50% All India Quota seat.
- Furthermore, those who have done their BDS from Jammu & Kashmir but fail to submit the affidavit as indicated above will not be considered for participation in All India 50% quota counseling.
Note: For detailed eligibility criteria of NEET MDS, candidates must go through the Information brochure for specific year of admission.
NEET MDS Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam shall be that of BDS standard and shall cover all the subjects/syllabus taught during the BDS course as prescribed in the DCI Revised BDS Course Regulations, 2007 as amended from time to time.
NEET MDS Exam Pattern
Go through the Exam pattern of NEET MDS from below and prepare to same.
- Language of Question Paper: Question paper will available in English language.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- Number of questions: Total number of questions in the NEET MDS exam are 240.
- Marking scheme: Candidate is given four marks for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Sections: NEET MDS consists of 2 parts – Part A and Part B. Part A consists of the total number of 100 questions and part B consist of the total number of 140 questions.
You can check the distribution of questions and marks in part A according to Subject-wise.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Weightage|
|Dental Anatomy, Embryology & Oral Histology||14||56|
|General Pathology and Microbiology||14||56|
|General Anatomy including embryology and histology||14||56|
|General human physiology and Biochemistry||14||56|
|General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics||14||56|
You can check the distribution of questions and marks in part B according to Subject-wise.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Weightage|
|Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology||14||56|
|Oral Medicine and Radiology||14||56|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||14||56|
|Public Health Dentistry||14||56|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics||14||56|
|Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge||14||56|
|Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery||14||56|
|Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics||14||56|
NEET MDS Cutoff Marks
Get here the eligibility criteria for participation in counseling towards allotment of MDS seats. Counselling is conducted by DGHS or State Counseling Authority shall be in accordance with MDS Course Regulations, 2017 notified by DCI with prior approval of MoHFW, Govt. of India.
|SC/ST/OBC (including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)||40th Percentile|
|UR PWD||45th Percentile|
National Board of Examination (NBE) was established in the year 1975 at New Delhi. It is an independent body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India. NBE conducts the largest number of exams in India in the field of medicine. The focus and target of NBE is to improve the quality of Medical education. At present, it conducts the NEET PG, NEET MDS, NEET SS, AIPGMEE, DNB final examinations, and so on.
Official website: www.nbe.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.