CCMT 2018 Information Brochure has been released. As per Information Brochure, CCMT 2018 registration is starting on April 3, 2018. This year the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan / M.Des will be coordinated by NIT Delhi. Candidates who have a valid GATE score can fill choices from April 3, 2018, to May 14, 2018. It is important to lock choices by May 14, 2018. Thereafter, on basis of GATE score and seat availability, the first round of seat allotment will be done on May 20. Those who get a seat can accept it by paying seat acceptance fee of Rs 20,000 from May 21 to 24. There will be round 2 and round 3 of seat allotments on May 28 and June 10 respectively. There will also be internal sliding and national spot round. The participating institutes of counseling are NITs, IIITs and CFTIs. The basis for admission is GATE score, for the year 2016, 2017, and 2018.
CCMT begins after the announcement of GATE scores This year, GATE 2018 Result has been announced on March 16, 2018. The candidates can check complete details about CCMT 2018 from the table below.
|The advertisement for counseling will be available from||26 Mar 2018|
|Official website of CCMT 2018 will become active from||26 Mar 2018|
|Online registration and choice filling will begin from||03 Apr 2018|
|Last date to register online and pay fee:
Rs. 2200 for OC / OB
Rs. 1700 for SC / ST / PwD
|08 May 2018 (until 11:59 PM)|
|The last date for online choice filling||14 May 2018 (until 11:59 PM)|
|Candidates can lock the submitted choices between||08 to 14 May 2018 (until 11:59 pm)|
|Automatic Locking of choices||14 May 2018 (at 11:59 PM)|
|Round 1 seat allotment||20 May 2018|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee of Rs. 20,000||21 to 24 May 2018|
|Round 2 seat allotment||28 May 2018|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee of Rs. 20,000||29 May to 01 Jun 2018|
|Round 3 seat allotment||10 Jun 2018|
|Payment of seat acceptance fee of Rs. 20,000||11 to 14 Jun 2018|
|Provisional admission confirmation fee of Rs. 10000 is to be submitted||15 to 22 Jun 2018|
|1st Internal sliding result will be announced on||24 Jun 2018|
|Reporting at admitted institute and depositing institute balance fee||25 to 28 Jun 2018|
|Second internal sliding result announcement||30 Jun 2018|
|Vacant seat matrix for NSR will be released on||03 Jul 2018|
|For National Spot Round (NSR) payment of fee:
Rs. 42200 for OC / OB
Rs. 11700 for SC / ST / PwD
|04 to 16 Jul 2018|
|Online choice filling for NSR||04 to 20 Jul 2018|
|Automatic locking of choices||20 Jul 2018|
|Document verification form NSR||17 to 20 Jul 2018|
|NSR seat allotment||22 Jul 2018|
|Reporting of candidates, who will be allotted seat in NSR, at admitted institute||23 to 27 Jul 2018|
Note: Withdrawal of Seats is applicable in all the three rounds, i.e. Round-1, Round-2, and Round-3.
CCMT 2018 Registration Form
The first thing candidates interested in CCMT 2018 need to do is register. Registration can be done at www.ccmt.nic.in. Herein you register by submitting essential details and paying registration fees. The fee can be paid using SBI MOPS. Only after registration you can fill choices and lock them.
CCMT 2018 Choice Filling
Choice filling and locking is the process of mentioning your preference order of colleges and specializations in the CCMT Login. Be careful while doing this. Seat allotment will be purely based on your merit (GATE All India Rank) and choices filled.
CCMT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Only eligible candidates are granted admission through CCMT. Hence, it is vital to check and ensure the eligibility before moving ahead.
For a candidate to be eligible for M.Tech./M.Arch./M. Plan./M.Des. programme:
- Must have a valid GATE Score of the year 2016 / 2017 / 2018.
- Coming to educational qualification, the criteria is that in qualifying degree you should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for OC/OB; whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- In case, If your qualifying degree is awaited then colleges will give provisional admission subject to meeting above minimum qualifying degree requirements latest by September 15, 2018 and exams should have been completed by July 15, 2018. If you get a seat in CCMT 2018 under such circumstances then submit a documentary proof to that effect and Mark sheet/Grade card till pre-final semester at the Reporting Centre during document verification.
Click here for special eligibility criteria for certain programmes at some participating Institutes.
CCMT Counselling Flow Chart
If the process of CCMT 2018 counseling has to be summarized then it is – Register Online, Submit Choices, Check Seat Allotment Result, Accept / Withdraw, and Pay Fee (if accepted). The flow chart below will make things more clear.
Let us take all the important steps in CCMT counselling one by one.
CCMT 2018 Seat Allotment
The seat allotment in any round will be displayed on the CCMT website (http://ccmt.nic.in) as per schedule. Individual allotment letters will NOT be sent to the candidates. All the candidates who get an allotment will have to report in person at any one of the Reporting Centers within the scheduled time, failing which their seat allotment shall stand canceled. They will not be considered for further rounds of seat allotment, except that they may participate in the National Spot Round (NSR).
After each round candidate gets to know which seat he/she has got. If a seat is allotted then you must pay seat acceptance fee and personally report to one of the Reporting Centers. Then he/she can do one of the three things
- Choose to go for Floating, or
- Choose to do Sliding, or
- Opt for Freezing.
Floating / Sliding / Freezing
View the image below to know what is floating/ sliding/freezing wrt CCMT 2018.
Note: If you are allotted a seat and reported to Reporting Centre during first/second/third round allotment and also paid the Seat Confirmation Fee, then you have to report physically to the allotted institute to pay the institute balance fee and to complete other formalities for final admission.
Types of Fees Collected During CCMT
Registration Fee: Non-refundable collateral fee collected for participating in CCMT allotment process.
- The registration fee is ₹ 2200/- for OC/OB and ₹ 1700/- for SC/ST/PWD.
- Payable only through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card or e-Challan at any branch of SBI).
Seat Acceptance Fee: It is the fee collected when the candidate accepts the seat allotted to him/her.
- This is a part of Institute fee, which will be later adjusted against the finally allotted Institute’s admission fee.
- Before coming to Reporting Center, the candidates have to pay the Seat Acceptance Fee (₹ 20,000/- for all Categories)
- It can also be paid through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card or e-Challan at any branch of SBI).
- Proof of payment of Seat Acceptance Fee is to be produced at the time of reporting.
Seat Confirmation Fee: The fee collected when the candidate confirms her/his acceptance of the finally allotted seat.
- This is also part of Institute fee, which will be later adjusted against the finally allotted Institute’s admission fee.
- Candidate who has paid the seat acceptance fee during any of the first three rounds of allotment and opts for Freezing/Sliding willingness can confirm the provisional allotment of the seat by paying the Seat Confirmation Fee (₹10, 000/- for all Categories)
- The payment method is same as above.
- After paying the fee candidates can download Provisional Seat Confirmation letter.
NSR Participation Fee: This amount of fee is collected during the NSR round to be adjusted against the Institute fee upon allotment of a seat.
- Vacant seats for NSR will be displayed on the CCMT website as per the CCMT schedule.
- Candidates willing to participate in NSR should register by paying NSR Fee of ₹ 42,200/- for OC/OB (₹ 40,000/- NSR Participation fee + ₹ 2,200/- Registration fee) or ₹ 11,700/- for SC/ST/PwD (₹ 10,000/- NSR Participation fee + ₹ 1,700/- Registration fee) through SBI MOPS (i.e., Net banking/Credit Card / Debit Card) or e-Challan at any branch of SBI and enter the choices from the vacant seats.
- The Registration fee is non-refundable and would not be adjusted towards any other fee.
- The payment mode is the same.
CCMT Seats Intake
Candidates can check CCMT seat matrix & mapping from below.
To Check the CCMT Seat Mapping – Click Here
Click here to download CCMT Seat Matrix, if above window does not load.
The number of CCMT participating institutes is increasing consistently. Last year, there were 40 institutes. Out of which 30 were NITs and 10 were CFTIs.
The list of CCMT 2018 participating institutes is as follows:
|S.No.||CCMT 2018 Participating Institute Name||CCMT 2018 Participating Institute State|
|1||Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar||Punjab|
|2||Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur||Rajasthan|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||Madhya Pradesh|
|4||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Agartala||Tripura|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Calicut||Kerala|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Delhi||New Delhi|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur||West Bengal|
|9||National Institute of Technology, Goa||Goa|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Karnataka, Surathkal||Karnataka|
|12||National Institute of Technology, Meghalaya||Meghalaya|
|13||National Institute of Technology, Nagaland||Nagaland|
|14||National Institute of Technology, Patna||Bihar|
|15||National Institute of Technology, Puducherry||Puducherry|
|16||National Institute of Technology, Raipur||Chhattisgarh|
|17||National Institute of Technology, Sikkim||Sikkim|
|18||National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal Pradesh|
|19||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur||Jharkhand|
|20||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra||Haryana|
|21||National Institute of Technology, Manipur||Manipur|
|22||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela||Orissa|
|23||National Institute of Technology, Silchar||Assam|
|24||National Institute of Technology, Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
|25||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu|
|26||National Institute of Technology, Warangal||Telangana|
|27||Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat||Gujarat|
|28||Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|29||National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand||Uttarakhand|
|30||National Institute of Technology, Mizoram||Mizoram,|
|31||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior||Madhya Pradesh|
|32||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad||Uttar Pradesh|
|33||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kancheepuram, Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|34||Pt. Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacture, Jabalpur||Madhya Pradesh|
|35||Indian Institute of Information Technology, Vadodara||Gujarat|
|36||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal||Punjab|
|37||School of Planning & Architecture, Vijayawada||Andhra Pradesh|
|38||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, District Howrah||West Bengal|
|39||Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur, District Howrah||West Bengal|
|40||Central University of Rajasthan, Kishangarh||Rajasthan|
|41||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh||Chandigarh|
|42||Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University Katra||Jammu & Kashmir|
|43||University of Hyderabad||Hyderabad|
|44||Central University of South Bihar||Bihar|
Official Website: www.ccmt.nic.in
For more details about CCMT 2018 – Download Information Brochure.