GATE COAP 2020 is conducted by IIT Delhi from May 2020 onwards. Candidates who wish to get admission to the participating institutes of COAP must register themselves online at coap.iitm.ac.in. Through COAP, seats of the M.Tech program is filled. Candidates are offered seats on the basis of their score in GATE 2018, 2019 or 2020. COAP is a common platform for the registered candidates to check which IIT has offered a seat in a course, to the respective candidate. Candidate can check in detail about the Eligibility to apply for COAP 2020, Admission offers, Options available and process to apply from this page.
– Schedule of offer rounds has been revised. Check the schedule table below.
– GATE COAP 2020 Registration is open now. Click here to register for same.
GATE COAP 2020
There are 20 IITs, 01 IISc which are the participating institutes for COAP 2020. Furthermore, a PSU namely, NPCIL is one of the participating PSUs in COAP 2020. The candidates can check the complete schedule for GATE COAP 2020 from the table below.
|GATE COAP 2020||Important Dates|
|COAP 2020 Registration starts from||19 Mar 2020|
|Last date to register online||To be notified|
|The time window for viewing of offers and making a decision by a candidate|
27-28 May 2020
03-04 Jun 2020
10-11 Jun 2020
17-18 Jun 2020
24-25 Jun 2020
|Online additional rounds: Time window for viewing of offers and making a decision by a candidate|
|Round – A|
01-02 Jul 2020
|Round – B|
08-09 Jul 2020
|Round – C|
to be notified
|Round – D|
to be notified
GATE COAP 2020 Registration
To register, candidate have to visit the official website. Candidates can register for COAP online only. There is no registration fee for COAP 2020. Only those candidates who will register can check the offers made by the participating institutes. The following are the details that has to be entered by the candidate in the application form.
- Candidate’s name
- GATE Registration number
- GATE score(s)
After the submission of the registration details, candidate will receive the Login details on their registered email id and mobile number.
The flow chart is as given below for the ease to understand for the candidates-
Flow Chart for COAP 2020 Registration and Log-in
Candidate Action Flow Chart for all Rounds of Offers
Candidate Action Flow Chart for the Decisive Round of Offers
GATE COAP 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to register at COAP must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria as provided below:
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian National.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should have a valid GATE score.
- Year of Passing: Candidates who have qualified the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in the year 2018/ 2019/ 2020 are eligible to register for COAP 2020.
GATE COAP 2020 Admission Offers
The Coordinating Institute for COAP 2020, which is, IIT Madras will provide five (05) set of offers. The offers will be displayed on the COAP portal only. The candidates get the following options to in each round of the admission offer:
Option 1: Accept and Freeze
- The candidates should select this option only when they are confident and willing to accept one of the present offers.
- Furthermore, this option should be opted by candidates only if they are confident that they do not want to upgrade to higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission. Hence, the candidates who will opt this option will not be considered in the subsequent round(s) of admission in any of the participating academic Institutes and PSUs.
- Once the candidates have selected the ‘Accept and Freeze’ option, they should confirm the submission of the decision by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- After submitting the decision, the candidate should visit the respective Participating Institute’s Admission Portal or PSU’s Job Portal and follow the procedure as per the instructions on the respective website.
Option 2: Retain and Wait
- The candidates should select this option if they are accepting one of the present offers and also would like to be considered for upgrading to the candidate’s higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of offers.
- Note that those who select this option will not be considered for the other rejected offers in the current round. However, they will be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission.
- After selecting the “Retain and Wait” option, the candidate need to click on the “Submit” button to confirm the submission of their decision.
- Next, the candidates should visit the resp[ective participating institute admission portal or PSUs job portal and then follow the procedure as provided on their respective website.
Option 3: Reject and Wait
- The candidates should select this option if they are not willing to accept any one of the offer(s).
- Nevertheless, such candidates will still be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered in any participating academic Institutes and PSUs.
What After the Acceptance of Admission Offer at COAP 2020?
Amongst the n number of offers, if a candidate chooses the most preferred offer, then next he/she has to decide whether they want to “Accept & Freeze” or “Retain and Wait” or “Reject and Quit”. If a candidate has accepted the admission offer, the next step is that they have to visit the official website of the Admitting Institute/ Joining PSU. Then next the candidates need to complete the admission / joining procedure within the due date.
GATE COAP 2020 Participating Institutes
The candidates can check the complete list of IITs and IISc which are participating in COAP 2020 from below.
- IISC Banglaore
- IIT Bhilai
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT BHU
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Goa
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Indore
- IIT ISM Dhanbad
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Pallakad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Tirupati
The following is the participating PSUs of GATE COAP 2020
- Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)
COAP is the Common Offer Acceptance Portal in which all the participating institutes upload their M.Tech. admission offers at once place and then the registered candidates will select any one of the available offers. The candidate can select maximum one offer out of available offers in each round. The candidates who accept the offer of the participating institutes will then have to complete the admission procedure before the due schedule. Candidate can also visit COAP for next round(s) of admission.
Official Website: coap.iitm.ac.in
For getting thee more details about GATE COAP 2020, Download the Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.