GATE COAP 2023 coordinating Institute is IIT Kharagpur. IIT Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has opened the GATE COAP 2023 registration for candidate. Candidates can check the important dates and information related to GATE COAP 2023 from this article below. Through COAP, seats of the M.Tech program are filled. Candidates are offered seats on the basis of their score in GATE 2023, 2022 or 2021. COAP is a common platform for the registered candidates to check which IIT has offered a seat in a course, to the respective candidate. Candidates can check in detail about the eligibility to apply for GATE COAP 2023, Admission offers, Options available and the process to apply from this page.
GATE COAP 2023
What is GATE COAP?
The Common Offer Acceptance Portal or COAP was initiated in 2017 to provide a common platform for the registered candidates seeking admission to take the most preferred choice for admission into an M.Tech. Programme in participating Institutes, or job offer from participating Public Sector Units (PSUs). While eight institutes (IIT Bombay, IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Indore, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee) were involved in COAP-2017, over the years, more than twenty-four institutes and a PSU have come together and participated in COAP for filling their M.Tech. seats or job vacancies. Every year, the GATE organizing institute of the preceding year acts as the coordinating institute for COAP.
GATE COAP 2023 Important Dates
IIT Kharagpur decides and announces the date of GATE COAP 2023. Note the following dates. However, also check coap.iitkgp.ac.in regularly for any changes in schedule.
|GATE COAP 2023||Dates|
|COAP 2023 Registration starts from||Started|
|Main Round: The time window for viewing of offers and making a decision by a candidate|
|Round 01||21 May 2023, 6 PM to 22 May 2023 till 6 PM|
|Round 02||27 – 29 May 2023 at 9:00 am.|
|Round 03||03 – 05 Jun 2023|
|Round 04||10 -12 Jun 2023 by 9 AM|
|Round 05||17 – 19 Jun 2023|
|Online additional rounds: Time window for viewing of offers and making a decision by a candidate|
|Round – 06||24 – 25 Jun 2023|
|Round – 07||28 – 30 Jun 2023, by 9 AM|
|Round – 08||03 – 05 Jul 2023|
|Round – 09||08 – 10 Jul 2023 by 9 AM|
|Round – 10||14 – 15 Jul 2023 by 9 AM|
Important Downloads and Official Links
GATE COAP 2023 Overview
Highlights of the GATE COAP 2023 are as follows.
|Event name||GATE COAP 2023|
|Coordinating Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Eligibility||GATE scores (Qualified in GATE 2023/2022/2021)|
Who will conduct the GATE COAP 2023?
IIT Kharagpur is the coordinating institute for COAP 2023, and the participating institutes (24 of them) are listed in table below:
|IISc Bangalore||IIT Bhilai|
|IIT Bhubaneshwarx||IIT BHU|
|IIT Bombay||IIT Delhi|
|IIT Dharwad||IIT Goa|
|IIT Guwahati||IIT Hyderabad|
|IIT Indore||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad|
|IIT Jammu||IIT Jodhpur|
|IIT Kanpur||IIT Kharagpur|
|IIT Madras||IIT Mandi|
|IIT Palakkad||IIT Patna|
|IIT Roorkee||IIT Ropar|
|IIT Tirupati||IIT Tirupati|
Important Features of GATE COAP 2023
Candidates can check the important outline of GATE COAP 2023 is as follow:
- COAP refers to Common Offer Acceptance Portal, on which all Participating Institutes / PSU’s will upload their offers in a common time window as specified.
- The registered candidates can access the admission / job offers by registering at COAP from all the participating institutes / PSU’s where they have applied for M.Tech admissions / jobs.
- For admission into M.Tech program in any of the participating institutes or applying for a job in any participating PSU, every candidate should also apply to the corresponding Institute/ PSU
- To understand the mechanism of looking at all the available offers and making a specific choice out of the offers, the candidates are advised to read the guidelines and then register at COAP 2023.
- COAP is not an Application Portal for M.Tech admission in any participating institute. Candidates should apply separately to the respective Institute(s) for M.Tech admission / PSU for the job.
- Each participating Institute / PSU will follow the selection procedure as per the norms and guidelines of the respective Institute.
- To access and take a decision on the most preferred choice out of the offers (if any) made by participating Institute(s), each candidate should register at COAP.
- COAP registration is completely free. Note that providing COAP registration number has been made mandatory by the participating institutes in their M.Tech application portals.
GATE COAP 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to register for GATE COAP 2023, candidates need to satisfy the eligibility criteria as provided below:
- Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should have valid GATE scores (Qualified in GATE 2023/2022/2021).
GATE COAP 2023 Registration
In order to register, the candidate need to visit the official website of coap.iitkgp.ac.in. Check out the important key points for GATE COAP 2023 registration is as follow:
- Candidates can register for COAP online only.
- Only those candidates who will register can check the offers made by the participating institutes. The following are the details that have to be entered by the candidate in the application form.
- Candidate’s name
- GATE Registration number
- Date of birth
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Registration will only be successful, when a candidate completes the log-in procedure with the help of the input received via Email / SMS.
- Candidates are advised to enter all the valid and qualified GATE registration number assigned to them in the years 2023, 2022 and 2021 while Registration or in the Applicant Details section.
- Candidates need to click on the Register Now button to complete the registration process. The application process to COAP 2023 is complete only after clicking the Final Submit button during the first-time login to the candidate’s login account.
GATE COAP 2023 Admission Offers
The purpose of COAP is to fill all the M.Tech. seats in the participating institutes and also to provide a common platform for all the participating PSU’s to upload their Job offers to the GATE Qualified candidates. The objective is to enable fair chances to all participating institutes as well as M.Tech. admission seekers/ PSU Job seekers. The offers will be displayed on the COAP portal only. The candidates get the following options in each round of the admission offer:
To realize the above goal, the following guidelines have been proposed;
Participating Institutes/PSU’s upload their offers (seats/ jobs) during some predetermined dates (See Important dates, Table 1&2) and the registered candidates can choose any one of the available offers, during each round of offers. A candidate can select a maximum of one offer out of all available offers in each round. Candidates will have the following three options in each main round.
Option 1: Accept and Freeze
- This option should be selected if a candidate is willing to accept one of the available offers and does not like to be considered for upgrading to higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission.
- Candidates selecting this option WILL NOT be considered in the subsequent round(s) of admission in any of the participating academic Institutes and PSUs. After clicking the ‘Accept and Freeze’ option, the candidate should click the submit button to confirm the submission of his/her decision.
- Subsequently, the candidate should visit the respective Academic Institute’s Admission Portal or PSU’s Job Portal and follow the procedure as per the instructions on the respective website
Option 2: Retain and Wait
- This option should be selected if a candidate indicates his/her partial acceptance to any one of the available offers and also would like to be considered for upgrading to the candidate’s higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of offers.
- Candidates selecting this option WILL NOT be considered for the other rejected offers in the current round. However, if any higher preferred offer is made in the next round, then the existing ‘Retain and Wait’ offer will be released. However, a candidate can choose “Retain and Wait” on the same offer (same institute and same program) only twice.
- Nevertheless, the candidate will be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered in the participating academic Institutes and PSUs. After clicking the ‘Retain and Wait’ option, the candidate should click submit to confirm the submission of the decision.
Option 3: Reject All and Wait
- This option should be selected if the candidate is not willing to accept any of the offer(s) of admission / job in the current round.
- Nevertheless, the candidate will be considered for other higher preferences, if any, in the subsequent round(s) of admission offered in any participating academic Institutes and PSUs. Please note, the same offer will not appear in the subsequent rounds as you have rejected this offer. After clicking the ‘Reject All and Wait’ option, the candidate should click submit to confirm the submission of the decision.
The Official website of GATE COAP 2023 is coap.iitkgp.ac.in
If you have any queries on GATE COAP 2023, then please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.