|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
GATE 2018 exam dates are 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th February 2018. Now registration for GATE 2018 is over. All those who have registered to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 can login to GOAPS. Keep GOAPS login details safely at it is required for corrections in application form, admit card download, result, score card download. There are 23 subject papers of GATE exam. Refer to GATE 2018 syllabus of that paper which you are appearing in. You must download admit card of GATE 2018 once it is available at GOAPS. Also, it is important to know exam schedule, which will be available soon, to know on which date and session you will appear for exam. Get here complete details of GATE 2018 such as dates, syllabus, registration, GOAPS, login, form correction, admit card, result, cut off, recruitment.
GATE 2018 is a national level entrance exam. It tests your understanding of undergraduate subjects in engineering / technology / architecture. Scores and rank of GATE 2018 will be used for admission to ME / M.Tech / M.Arch / direct PhD. In addition, it is also a gateway for PSU Recruitment 2018. All events of GATE 2018 are taking place as per following schedule.
|GATE 2018 Registration started on||01 Sep 2017|
|Last date to submit online application form||09 Oct 2017|
|Application form correction request sending through email started on||25 Sep 2017|
|Application form correction through GOAPS started on||24 Oct 2017|
|Last date to correct mistakes in form through GOAPS||28 Oct 2017|
|Last date to request exam city change||17 Nov 2017|
|GATE 2018 Admit Card download starts||05 Jan 2018|
|GATE 2018 exam||03, 04, 10, 11 Feb 2018|
|Issuance of answer keys, unofficial (expected)||One or two days after exam|
|Issuance of answer keys, official (expected)||1st week of Mar 2018|
|GATE 2018 Result declaration||17 Mar 2018|
Please note that you must verify mobile number by logging in to GOAPS.
GATE 2018 Syllabus
Syllabus of GATE 2018 is officially available. Since each subject paper has a different syllabus, therefore you should download and refer only that subject syllabus of GATE 2018 for which you have applied.
Official GATE Syllabus for AE (Aerospace Engineering), AG (Agricultural Engineering), AR (Architecture and Planning), BT (Biotechnology), CE (Civil Engineering), CH (Chemical Engineering), CS (Computer Sc. and Information Technology), CY (Chemistry), EC (Electronics and Communication Engg.), EE (Electrical Engineering), EY (Ecology and Evolution), GG (Geology and Geophysics), IN (Instrumentation Engineering), MA (Mathematics), ME (Mechanical Engineering), MN (Mining Engineering), MT (Metallurgical Engineering), PE (Petroleum Engineering), PH (Physics), PI (Production and Industrial Engineering), TF (Textile Engineering and Fibre Science), XE (Engineering Mathematics, Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, Solid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Polymer Science and Engineering, Food Technology, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences), XL (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Botany, Microbiology, Zoology, Food Technology) is available at gate.iitg.ac.in as well as here.
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
You can make corrections in GATE application form as per instructions laid down by IIT Guwahati. Initially, when GATE 2018 information brochure was released, details of form correction were not available. However later details became available. Key details of form correction are as follows.
- You can send email to zonal GATE office to request correction in name, DOB, name of parent, degree.
- On the other hand, IITG has opened GOAPS for a limited time for change in category, gender, PWD status.
- Additional fee amount is applicable for gender, category, PWD status change.
It is of utmost importance to ensure that final details in application form are correct.
GATE 2018 Admit Card
Now that application form submission is over, applicants are looking forward to issuance of admit card. Know here all about GATE Admit Card.
- Date of availability of GATE Admit Card 2018 is 5th January 2018 as per information brochure. However, even last year same date was given, but admit card released one day early. This may happen again.
- It is responsibility of organizing Indian Institute of Technology, which is IIT Guwahati, to release it.
- You may note that admit card will be available online only. It will not be sent by post or any other means. In fact, it will be available through GOAPS login.
- Print it on A4 size paper using a laser printer preferably color.
Carry (i) GATE 2018 Admit Card (ii) original valid photo ID proof among Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License on day of exam to test center.
Books recommended for GATE 2018
|Mechanical Engineering Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Computer Science & IT Engineering Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Guide Electronics & Communication Engineering||Buy Online|
|Civil Engineering Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Electrical Engineering Solved Papers||Buy Online|
|Engineering Mathematics||Buy Online|
GATE Exam Pattern
It is important to know GATE exam pattern to be familiar with examination. Preparation must be done with exam pattern of GATE in mind.
- GATE is a computer based test.
- There will be two types of questions namely MCQs and NATs in the exam.
- MCQs are Multiple choice questions. The questions will be followed by options, out of which one will be most appropriate and has to be marked as answer.
- NATs are Numerical answer type questions. The answer to these questions will either be integers or decimals. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors.
- Some questions will be of 1 mark and some will be of 2 marks.
- Only MCQs will have negative marking.
- For a 1 mark question, there will be 1/3 negative marking. Whereas for a 2 marks question, there will be 2/3 negative marking.
- There will be overall 65 questions of 100 marks.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern of AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE
- Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks.
- General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks.
- Remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern of AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL
- General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks.
- Remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
How To Prepare For GATE?
Once you have decided to appear for the GATE exam, preparation needs to begin. An effective strategy to prepare for GATE is when you are clear on the three points.
- Which paper you wish to appear for, and whether you are eligible for the same.
- Know the syllabus for GATE.
- Have a clear plan of action for GATE preparation.
Determine the eligibility and go through the syllabus. A good plan for GATE exam preparation must have the following points.
- Study hours – Study at least 5 hours every day. Divide your time between studying theory, practising questions, and solving mock tests.
- Books – Refer to the important books for GATE preparation.
- Question papers – For self analysis, and understanding the level of difficulty as well as the examination pattern, go through last year papers. GATE Papers of past years of all subjects are available online.
- GATE online preparation – Refer to online preparation resources for GATE exam. Some very useful videos can be viewed for free at NPTEL.
- Check out the GATE exam preparation strategy for an in depth guide on how to prepare for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
IITG will release GATE 2018 answer key on the official website. There will be individual question papers and answer keys for every paper and session. Candidates will be allowed to submit discrepancies or challenges against official GATE 2018 answer key in a limited amount of time. Last year the answer key was issued by coaching centers a day after exam, and around two weeks later by IIT. Format of official answer keys is PDF file consisting of questions and answers.
Result and Scorecard
- Declaration of GATE 2018 result will be online at GOAPS.
- Those who will have appeared in exam can keep GOAPS Enrollment ID, and password ready to check result of GATE exam 2018.
- GATE 2018 result date of declaration is March 17, 2018. However it has been observed that result usually comes one day prior to assigned date.
- Qualifying cut off score is fixed by IITs on basis of exam difficulty level, average candidate performance, and minimum expectations of course.
- Candidates can download scorecard and participate in IITs GATE counselling and CCMT counselling for admission.
- GATE 2018 scorecard will be valid for a period of 3 years.
GATE Online Application Processing System is portal where aspirants apply, download admit card, check result. Here they can also check application status. Enrolment ID, registration ID and date of birth are login credentials for GOAPS. For GATE 2018, GOAPS is at IIT Guwahati website of GATE exam at gate.iitg.ac.in.
GATE Cut Off
The cut off for the past years has been mentioned here for your reference as to give you an idea about the expected GATE 2018 cut off. We know that the exact cut off cannot be confirmed but we are sure that it shall at least prepare you for what might be coming next.
|Year||# of candidates Registered||# of candidates Appeared||# of candidates Qualified||% appeared||% qualified|
A complete list of GATE 2018 papers and corresponding codes are given in the table below. Candidates must mention only one subject paper in the application form.
|3||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|9||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|11||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|12||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|20||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|21||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
GATE Application Form 2018
GATE 2018 application form was released online. Eligible candidates were required to do GATE 2018 registration from the GOAPS. The registration for GATE 2018 generated a GOAPS Enrollment ID and Password, which the candidates can now use to Login. The steps to apply for GATE 2018 are mentioned below for the reference of the candidates.
- Steps involved in filling up GATE 2018 registration are all online.
- Enter name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, address, education, GATE paper in the application form.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Pay application fee (Rs 750 for female or SC / ST / PwD candidates / Rs 1500 for other candidates) using net banking / credit card / debit card. In the event that examination center has been opted outside India, then application fee is US$ 50 for Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu, and US$ 100 for Dubai and Singapore.
- Candidates need not send hard copy of filled in registration of GATE 2018 in offline mode to IIT Guwahati.
- Application status is displayed after form is submitted.
GATE Eligibility 2018
Candidates must check GATE 2018 eligibility criteria before applying.
- Those who have any of the following degrees can apply for GATE 2018.
- BE / B.Tech / B.Pharma 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc / Diploma in engineering
- B.Sc (Research) / B.S.
- M.Sc / MA / MCA or equivalent masters degree in any branch of science / mathematics / statistics / computer applications or equivalent
- Integrated ME / M.Tech post B.Sc
- Integrated M.Sc or Integrated BS-MS
- Professional society exams that are equivalent to BE / B.Tech / B.Arch
- It is equally important to note that for GATE 2018 there is no age limit.
- Year of qualifying qualifying exam should be no later than 2018 for BE / B.Tech / B.Pharm / B.Arch / B.Sc Research / B.S. / M.Sc / MA / MCA / Integrated M.Sc / Integrated BS-MS.
- Year of qualifying qualifying exam should be no later than 2019 for Integrated ME / M.Tech of Dual Degree after Diploma or 10+2, and 2020 for Integrated ME / M.Tech post B.Sc.