GATE 2024 will be held on 3, 4, 10, 11 February 2024. It is conducted by IISc Bengaluru. Now you can know all about Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam date, application form, syllabus from here on aglasem.com. To start with, GATE is a National level Engineering entrance exam that is held by Indian Institute of Science. Moreover, purpose of this exam is to do admission in IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score in Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science. Therefore if you are preparing for GATE exam, then you should check eligibility at gate.iisc.ac.in, apply, then download admit card, solve previous year question papers, and check answer key, result.
Latest – GATE 2024 application form has been released. Get the link to apply online here
What is GATE exam?
The GATE 2024 is an entrance exam for admission to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score. Here GATE is short for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is moreover a National level test organized by IISc Bengaluru i.e. Indian Institute of Science. Complete details of GATE exam are here at aglasem.com.
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Sample Papers
- Application Form
- Form Correction
- Candidate Login
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Response Sheet
- Counseling – CCMT, and COAP
- Cut Offs
GATE 2024 Exam Date
The Indian Institute of Science announces exam date of GATE. The important dates to note for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are as follows. Nevertheless keep checking gate.iisc.ac.in to know any changes in the schedule.
|Release of GATE Application Form||30 Aug 2023|
|Application Form Last Date (Regular)||29 Sep 2023|
|Application Form Last Date (Extended, With Late Fee)||13 Oct 2023|
|Application Form Correction||07 to 11 Nov 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||03 Jan 2024|
|GATE 2024 Exam Date||3, 4, 10, 11 Feb 2024|
|Candidate’s response available in Application portal||16 Feb 2024|
|Publication of Answer Key||21 Feb 2024|
|Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||22 to 25 Feb 2024|
|GATE Result Announcement Date||16 Mar 2024|
|Availability of Score Card for download by candidates||23 Mar to 31 May 2024|
|Score Cards available for download by paying a fee of|
Rs. 500 per test paper
|01 Jun to 31 Dec 2024|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Papers and Syllabus
- Exam Pattern
- Two Paper Combination
- Examination Schedule
- Important Dates
- Exam Cities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Required Documents
- Application Fees
Likewise, the GATE exam structure is also published by IISc Bengaluru. Important features of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering are as follows. However check official website gate.iisc.ac.in from time to time for any changes in the exam pattern.
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Computer Based Test.
- Question type – The questions are (a) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) (b) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or (c) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions.
- Total Marks – Maximum marks in the exam is 100 .
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 3 Hours.
- Language of Question Paper – The question paper is in language English.
Marking Scheme –
- Questions carry 1 mark or 2 marks.
- Negative marks
- For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking.
- For a 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- For a 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answer(s) to MSQ or NAT questions.
- There is no partial marking in MSQ.
GATE 2024 Syllabus
- Now the GATE syllabus 2024 refers to list of topics from which there will be questions GATE 2024 question paper.
- Therefore you can download GATE syllabus pdf at aglasem.com to know what to study.
- Moreover refer best books for GATE preparation to complete GATE syllabus.
- You can also utilize GATE Chapter Wise Weightage to know which are most important topics and utilize it for your GATE 2024 preparation plan.
- Whether you attend any GATE coaching, or are doing self-studies, you should study all chapters from the syllabus.
GATE 2024 Application Form
- The GATE 2024 Registration or the GATE Application Form 2024 refers to the process of applying for the test.
- If you want to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, then you must check eligibility and apply as per guidelines that IISc Bengaluru provides at official website gate.iisc.ac.in.
- Whereas Indian Institute of Science announces the release date and GATE Application Form last date, both, via notifications from time to time.
- So fill correct details in application form GATE exam, with relevant documents required, fee, and submit it before deadline.
- Only those who apply on time can later download GATE 2024 admit card.
GATE Previous Year Question Papers
- Coming to previous year question papers of GATE, these are set of question papers of past year Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
- If you are preparing for this Engineering entrance exam, then you must solve GATE question papers to understand exam pattern and difficulty level.
- Therefore you can download GATE question paper PDF and PYQP of related exams from aglasem to enhance your preparation and improve your chances of clearing GATE Cut Off and getting admission in your dream college for Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science.
GATE 2024 Result
- After exam, IISc Bengaluru announces GATE result 2024.
- The GATE result date depends on post-examination processes of Indian Institute of Science.
- If you appeared in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, then you can check the GATE result to know score, rank at gate.iisc.ac.in and participate in GATE 2024 counselling.
GATE – An Overview
The important highlights of this exam are as follows.
|Name of Exam||GATE|
|GATE Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|More Exams Of This Type||Engineering Entrance Exams|
|Scale Of This Exam||National Level|
|State or Region For Which This Exam Is Most Relevant||India |
(note – this does not indicate domicile requirement.
it only refers to states or regions where score
accepting colleges are situated)
|Organization That Holds This Exam||IISc Bengaluru|
|IISc Bengaluru Full Form||Indian Institute of Science|
|Programs or Courses Where Admission Is Through This Test||Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science|
|Colleges or Universities Where Admission Is Through This Test||IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Graduation|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||30|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Type of Questions||(a) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
(b) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or
(c) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Marking Scheme||Questions carry 1 mark or 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For a wrong answer chosen in an MCQ, there will be negative marking.|
For a 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
For a 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
There is no negative marking for wrong answer(s) to MSQ or NAT questions.
There is no partial marking in MSQ.
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Sections in Question Paper||General Aptitude (GA) + Candidate’s Selected Subjects|
If you have any queries about GATE 2024, then please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.