GATE 2023 was held on 4, 5, 11, 12 February. GATE 2023 score card has been released under candidates login. Previously they released the result at gate.iitk.ac.in.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National level Engineering entrance exam. It is conducted by IIT Kanpur for admission to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science in IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score. Students who wish to appear in GATE exam can get here the latest news and preparation material including exam date, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, question papers.
Latest – IIT Kanpur has released the GATE 2023 score card. Get link to download score card here
About the exam: GATE 2023 is short for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. It is an Engineering entrance exam at the National level. Organized by IIT Kanpur, GATE is for admission to Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science.
- Sample Papers
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Best Books
- Exam Date Schedule
- Application Form and Form Correction
- Candidate Login
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Response Sheet
- Counseling – CCMT, and COAP
- Cut Offs
GATE 2023 Exam Date
The GATE 2023 exam date, application form release & last date, admit card release date, answer key date, result date are as follows.
|Important Events of GATE Exam 2023||Dates|
|Release of notification||21 Jul 2022|
|Release of GATE application form 2023||30 Aug 2022|
|Last date to apply at gate.iitk.ac.in – Closing Date of REGULAR online Registration / application process|
|Last date to apply extended period – End of Extended period for online Registration / application (with late fee)|
|Last date for Rectifications of Defects in the application form is 02 November actions, as required.||17 Oct 2022|
|If your application status is “Under Scrutiny” then keep checking the status. Take actions, as required.||17 Oct 2022|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper and Examination City and adding a new paper (an additional fee will be applicable per change)||27 Oct 2022|
|Start of GATE Application Form Correction 2023||08 Nov 2022|
|Last date for GATE Application Form Correction 2023|
|GATE 2023 Mock Test Link||13 Dec 2023|
|GATE admit card 2023 release date|
|GATE 2023 exam date||04, 05, 11, 12 Feb 2023|
|Candidate’s response available in Application portal||15 Feb 2023|
|Issuance of answer key||21 Feb 2023|
|Submission of challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||22 to 25 Feb 2023|
|GATE 2023 result date and time||16 Mar 2023|
|Release of Scorecard for qualified candidates||21 Mar 2023 after 5:00 pm|
|Last date to download score card||31 May 2023|
|Period to get score card by paying fees of Rs 500 per paper||31 May to 31 Dec 2023|
|Score card will not be available after||01 Jan 2024|
GATE 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the GATE answer key after exam. The answer key of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering tells you the correct answers of all questions in the GATE 2023 question paper. Also, one can calculate marks and predict result. There are usually the following types of answer key for GATE
- Unofficial Answer Key – This refers to the answer keys by Engineering entrance exam coaching centers. The educators publish GATE answer key to help students know answers.
- GATE 2023 Official Answer Key – IIT Kanpur releases the official answer key of GATE 2023 at its discretion. Candidates can download it from gate.iitk.ac.in as per schedule.
GATE Response Sheet 2023
IIT Kanpur also releases the response sheet of GATE exam. Candidates can download the response sheet with recorded responses at gate.iitk.ac.in from the GOAPS. The response sheet shows the answers marked by candidates in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
GATE 2023 Result
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur declares the GATE result as per the schedule.
- GATE 2023 result date and time – The IIT Kanpur decides the result date and time for GATE 2023. Check the dates section for the same.
- Link– You can get the direct link to check GATE result at the official website i.e. gate.iitk.ac.in.
- How to check GATE result? – To check the result, go to the official website gate.iitk.ac.in and click on the result link. You can check the GATE result as score card, rank card, merit list, or rank list depending on what IIT Kanpur publishes. You can either download GATE merit list pdf or login to download GATE rank card or score card as per their availability.
Candidates must keep checking gate.iitk.ac.in for any changes in the dates.
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Poster for India
- Poster for International Cities
- Papers and Syllabus
- Question Paper Pattern
- Paper Combinations
- Exam Cities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Application Fees
- Help to fill Online Application Form
GATE Exam 2023 Overview
|Aspects of the GATE Exam||Details|
|Name of Exam||GATE 2023|
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Institute||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IIT Kanpur)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Type of Exam||Engineering entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through GATE||Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science|
|Colleges in which admission is through GATE||IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score|
|Sessions||There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day|
|Mode of exam||Fully Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of subject papers||29|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type – MCQs, MSQs, NAT|
|How many papers can candidates appear in||ONE or maximum TWO subject papers only|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Sections in Exam||General Aptitude (GA) + Candidate’s Selected Subject|
|Total Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (Subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers|
EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG,
MA, PH, ST, XH and XL
|General Aptitude: 15 Marks +|
Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks +
Subject Questions: 72 Marks =
Total: 100 Marks
(XE includes Engineering Mathematics section XE-A of 15 Marks)
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR,|
CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST, XH and XL
|General Aptitude: 15 Marks +|
Subject Questions: 85 Marks =
Total: 100 Marks
|Exam Aids||On-Screen Virtual Calculator, Scribble Pad|
|Validity of GATE 2023 score||3 Years|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam||Graduation|
|Cities outside India where GATE 2023 will be held||Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, and UAE|
GATE 2023 Application Form
IIT Kanpur releases the GATE application form 2023 as per the timetable. Candidates must register for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and apply before the last date. You should know the following about application form of GATE before you apply.
How to apply? – Check the step by step guide to apply at gate.iitk.ac.in. Also keep documents required for GATE application form 2023. Then start applying. To apply, do the following:
- Go to the website and click the GOAPS link.
- Then register with basic details.
- After that enter personal, academic, contact info for the GATE exam.
- Thereafter upload documents as per Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur guidelines.
- Finally pay the application fee.
GATE 2023 Syllabus
The GATE syllabus indicates important topics to study for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. You should have a firm grasp on all topics in the GATE syllabus for a high score. Check the gate.iitk.ac.in, GATE brochure, and instructions by IIT Kanpur on most important topics for the GATE 2023 exam.
GATE 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of GATE 2023 is as follows.
GATE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
You should check all the eligibility conditions of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering before you apply. It is also good to check eligibility criteria of universities, colleges where you seek admission through GATE. Some of the important points GATE eligibility criteria for 2023-24 are as follows:
Educational qualification – A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for GATE 2023 exam.
Age limit – There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2023 examination.
For complete eligibility criteria, refer to official website gate.iitk.ac.in and information brochure.
GATE 2023 List of Papers and Their Code
There are 29 papers in GATE exam. They are as follows.
Scope of GATE 2023
Qualifying in GATE is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission and/or financial assistance to:
- Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and
- Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science, in the institutions supported by the MoE and other Government agencies. Even in some colleges and institutions, which admit students without MoE scholarship/assistantship, the GATE qualification is mandatory.
- Further, many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have been using the GATE score in their recruitment process.
PSU Recruitment through GATE 2023
In the past, several Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have used GATE score to shortlist the candidates for employment. A few such organizations are:
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS), Chenab Valley Power Projects Limited (CVPPL), Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC), Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Engineers India Limited (EIL), Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDSL), National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), NLC India Limited (NLCIL), National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC), Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Power Grid Corporation of India (PGCIL), Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO), Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), etc.
Direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central government, i.e., Senior Field Officer (Tele), Senior Research Officer (Crypto) and Senior Research Officer (S&T) in Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India, is now being carried out on the basis of GATE score. The details of the scheme of recruitment are normally published in National Newspapers / Employment News / Rozgar Samachar by the concerned authority.
Some other Government of India Organizations may also utilize GATE 2023 score for their recruitment purpose.
GATE 2023 Admit Card
IIT Kanpur issues the GATE 2023 Admit Card as per schedule. Candidates should download the hall ticket before the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The admit card of GATE exam indicates roll number, exam center, exam date and timing. It is mandatory to take the admit card with other documents it mentions, to the exam center, on exam day.
- Release Date – The GATE admit card 2023 release date is as per decision of IIT Kanpur. Please refer the dates table above
- Download Link – Candidates can get download the GATE admit card from the download link at gate.iitk.ac.in.
- How to download GATE admit card? – Candidates need to go to gate.iitk.ac.in. Then click the GATE 2023 login or GATE admit card download link. Then sign in with user id, password. After downloading the hall ticket of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, candidates should keep multiple copies of it.
Subscribe and Follow Aglasem for GATE 2023 Latest News
Organizing Chair, GATE 2023
GATE-JAM Office IIT Kanpur
Uttar Pradesh, India – 208016
Phone Numbers: 0512 259 7412, 0512 259 6962, 0512 259 6963
Qs 1. What is GATE exam?
Ans 1. The GATE exam is a Engineering entrance exam. The IIT Kanpur organizes it. On the basis of performance in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, one gets admission in Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Arts; and Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Arts and Science in IITs and Other Colleges that Accept GATE Score.
Qs 2. How can I apply for GATE 2023?
Ans 2. You can apply for GATE 2023 by doing registration and filling the application form. Visit gate.iitk.ac.in to apply. To submit your application you need to give your personal, contact, academic details in the form.
Qs 3. Who can appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering?
Ans 3. Those who satisfy the eligibility criteria can appear in GATE exam.
Qs 4. What is the official website?
Ans 4. The official website is gate.iitk.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
The above information was very useful to me.Thank you so much.