GATE 2022 Application Form Correction – IIT Bombay will be opened the facility to edit GATE exam city, paper, and category. Candidates can do GATE application form correction from GOAPS, at gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Candidates can do application form correction in GATE by entering enrollment id / e-mail id and password. This year the editing of exam city details in the form is absolutely free of any charges. However, correction fee is applicable for other changes. Get more information regarding GATE 2022 application form correction from this page.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction
GATE 2022 application form correction window will be open and fee is applicable this time. Do form correction using the direct link below.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction: The link for GATE 2022 application form correction will be available here.
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction Fee
The candidates have to pay the GATE 2022 application form fee if they change the following things in the application form:
- Subject paper
- PwD status
- Dyslexic status
The changes and the fee applicable to those changes is shown in the table below as per last year and only for references:
|Description of Changes / Modifications||Fee Charges|
|Change in choice of examination cities||No charges|
|Change of existing paper||Rs. 500|
|Add a second paper (from given combinations with respect to the primary paper)||Rs, 500 + suitable amount per paper for the candidate’s category|
|Change of gender to female||Rs, 500|
|Change of gender from female to any other gender||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Change of category to SC/ST||Rs. 500|
|Change of category from SC/ST to any other||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Change from Non-PwD to PwD||Rs. 500|
|Change from PwD to Non-PwD||Rs. 500 + Rs. 750 = 1250|
|Any other change in category (not mentioned above)||Rs. 500|
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction
GATE 2022 application form correction is a one-time facility that the candidates get after the submission of the application form. The candidates need to rectify any errors in the application form within the stipulated period of time only. Check the important dates regarding GATE 2022 application form correction from the table given below.
|GATE 2022 Application Form Correction||Important Dates|
|Form correction starts for category / city / exam paper||Last week of Oct 2021|
|Corrections starts for contact address, university / college name|
and/or degree nomenclature, name, date of birth
|3rd week of Nov 2021|
|Last chance to rectify defects||2nd week of Dec 2021|
How to do GATE 2022 Application Form Correction for Category, Paper and Examination City?
The candidates can edit the details in GATE 2022 application form at GOAPS only. Check the steps given below to edit the details in the form.
Step 1: Click on the link given above. The link will be redirected to the GOAPS portal.
Step 2: Next, in the login window, enter the enrollment id / email address and password.
Step 3: After entering the details, the dashboard will open. Next, in the dashboard, click on the button ‘change personal date and exam city’.
Step 4: After following the step mentioned above, the submitted GATE 2022 application form will open. Next, edit the details in the form and click on the ‘submit changes’ button to save the edited details.
Note: Even if there is no error in GATE 2022 application form, it is advised to the applicants to open the application form correction window and once go through the submitted form carefully. Look for the spellings, details entered in the form, and cross-check the details. If there is any error in it, correct the details and save the changes.
Image Specifications for GATE 2022 Application Form
Besides the details entered in the form, the candidates need to check the images uploaded in GATE 2022 application form. Check whether they have been uploaded in the correct format, size etc. Candidates can check the image specifications for GATE 2022 application form given below.
|Documents||Format||Size and Dimensions|
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||Dimension – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
Size – 240 x 230 pixels (minimum),
480 x 640 pixels (maximum)
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||Dimension – 2 cm x 7 cm|
Size – 80 x 280 pixels (minimum), 160 x 560
|Eligibility document (if applicable)||10 KB – 500 KB|
|Category certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
|Dyslexic certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
|PwD certificate (if applicable)||10 KB – 300 KB|
- The photograph must be coloured. It should not be in the portrait mode or clicked via mobile phones.
- The background of the photograph must be either white or of a light colour.
- The face of the applicant must occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph.
- The main features of the face like eyes, forehead, nose, and chin must be clearly visible.
- The photograph clicked must be without hat / cap.
- The person in the photograph must be facing the camera directly.
- The spectacles if worn by the applicant regularly are acceptable. However, the glasses worn must not be dark coloured or tinted.
- The face of the applicant must not be covered with any type of clothing.
- To do the signature, take a plain white sheer and draw a rectangular box of 2 cm x 7 cm. Then, with the black or blue pen, sign in that box.
- 70% to 80% of the area inside the box must be covered with the signature.
- The signature in the form and admit card must match with the signature that candidates will do in the examination hall.
- The signature must not be done in capital letters.
Details that can be Edited in GATE 2022 Application Form
Candidates can check the list given below that can be modified in GATE 2022 application form.
- Date of birth
- Subject paper
- Examination city
- Father’s name
- Name of the college
- Country of residence of parent / guardian
- Contact number of parent / guardian
- Other address details
- Academic details
- PwD status
- Dyslexic status
Key Points to Remember While Changing GATE 2022 Examination City
The candidates can check the points given below and remember them when they are about to edit the examination city in GATE 2022 application form.
- A total of 3 choices of the city have to be selected
- It must be noted that the first and second choice of the city have to be from the same GATE zone
- Te third choice of the city can be from any GATE zone
How to Know if Corrections in GATE 2022 Application Form are Done Successfully?
To check if the corrections have been save or not, the applicants need to check the status of GATE 2022 application form. The candidates can check their status by logging into the GOAPS portal.
- If the status says, “your application is found to be in order and has been accepted”, then, it has been accepted and changes have been saved successfully.
- If the status says, “your status is under scrutiny”, it means it is still under scrutiny and the status will be changed soon.
GATE 2022 List of Rejected Application Form
After the submission of application form, IITs release the list of the rejected application form with the reasons of the rejection. Those candidates whose names are in those lists are not issued GATE admit card. These lists are releases on the official website. The 3 type of lists that are released on the official website are:
- The list of the candidates whose application forms have been rejected due to duplicacy
- The list of the candidates whose application is rejected because of multiple submission of application forms
- The list of the candidates who did not meet the eligibility criteria
GATE 2022 Application Form Correction For Candidates Having Defect In Application Form
The candidates who have submitted their application form as per the deadline, shall be getting an email by IIT B regarding defects in their form, if any. The candidates need to correct the defects by simply login into GOAPS with their enrollment id / email address and password.
The candidates are intimated the folloing via the mail:
- What is the defect.
- How to correct the defect.
The mail look like the one below:
How rectify the defects?
The steps to rectify the defects are as follows:
- Login to GOAPS
- Under the login the candidates can see the message “Application form found to be defective! Please click “Rectify Defects” to take action against defect(s) found.” Clcik on the Rectify defects button to correct the defects, as shown below:
- Next, the defect and the solution to the defect appear, correct the defect and click on the “submit” button. Once the defect is resolved the message “Action taken against defect(s) has been saved successfully!” is displayed.
GATE 2022 Admit Card
Admit card for GATE releases at GOAPS. To download GATE 2022 admit card, the candidates have to enter their enrollment id / email address and password. It is not sent via post. GATE admit card is an important document that needs to be carried at the exam centre. It consists of details like exam date, exam day, duration of the exam, reporting time, other important instructions.
Along with the printed copy of GATE 2022 admit card, the candidates need to carry a valid id proof as well. The list of the accepted id proofs is given below.
- PAN card
- Voter id
- Aadhar UID
- College id
- Employee id
- Driving License
About GATE 2022
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that is conducted at All India level to offer admission in the courses like M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch and Ph.D. GATE is a computer-based test and is conducted on a rotational basis by IITs and IISC Bangalore. GATE is conducted for 29 different subject papers. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions and numerical answer type questions. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. The test is of 100 marks. The scores of GATE is valid for 3 years. Many PSUs consider GATE scores for the recruitments.
FAQs for GATE 2022 Application Form Correction
Ans. Yes, you change your name once the application form window opens.
Ans. The details that can be edited in GATE 2022 application form are name, correspondence address, qualifying degree details, examination city, gender, category, PwD or Dyslexic status etc.
Ans. Yes, you change the choice of the examination city in the application form. However, additional application fee has to be submitted for it.
Ans. To edit the details in GATE 2022 application form, you need to login into the GOAPS portal.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.