GATE 2020 Application Form Correction – IIT Delhi has opened GATE 2020 Correction. Candidates can edit GATE application form 2020 from GOAPS, available on gate.iitd.ac.in. Link to access it is given below. To do GATE corrections candidates need to enter enrollment number and password. For now, corrections are only available in minor details such as name, college name, date of birth, etc. Details for further correction in GATE 2020 will be announced soon. Check more details on GATE 2020 application form correction from this page.
Latest: GATE 2020 application form correction has been started. Use the link below to change details. Change in Exam City, Exam Paper, Category and Gender, will start soon.
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
GATE 2020 application form correction is a very good opportunity to ensure that all the details in the form are correct. IIT Delhi will prepare a list of rejected candidate, in which the names of those candidates will be mentioned whose application form had errors. Hence, make the most of this chance. Dates for GATE 2020 application form correction are given below.
|GATE 2020 Correction||Date|
|Application form correction starts on||15 Oct 2019|
|Last date for change in category||04 Nov 2019|
|Last date to request change of exam city||15 Nov 2019|
|Issuance of admit card begins from||03 Jan 2020|
|GATE 2020 exam date||01, 02, 08, 09 Feb 2020|
GATE Form Correction: Click Here to access GOAPS and edit details in the GATE 2020 application form.
Which Details Can be Edited Via GATE 2020 Application Form Correction?
As of now, the changes that can be done in the application form are:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian
- Mobile number of Parent/Guardian
- Correspondance Address
- Qualifying Degree Details
Changes to open soon:
- Exam City
- Exam Paper
Is there any fee for GATE 2020 Correction? – For now there is no information regarding the same. IIT Delhi will soon announce the details and we will update it on this page.
How to Do GATE 2020 Application Form Correction?
Candidates can only do corrections in the application form from GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The steps to do the corrections are as follows:
Step 1 – Click on the link above. It leads to GOAPS.
Step 2 – Access the GATE 2020 GOAPS by entering:
- Enrollment ID / Email Address
Step 3 – From the dashboard, you can check the link that says – “change applicant details”. Click on it.
Step 4 – On doing so the application form opens in the editable format as shown in the image below. Edit the fields that you want to change and then click on the “submit changes” button. This is how you can complete the GATE application form correction process.
Will I Get Chance o Chance Category in GATE 2020 Application Form?
Yes, candidates will get opportunity to change category in GATE 2020 form. The provision will also be provided online and details will be announced soon.
Will I Get Chance to Change GATE 2020 Exam Paper?
As per the information brochure of GATE 2020 candidates will get chance to chance Subject Paper for GATE 2020. Candidates will have to pay GATE 2020 application Form Correction fee for the same. The facility will open for a specific period of time and details will be announced soon.
Will I Get Chance to GATE 2020 Examination City?
The process for changing the examination city of GATE 2020 is very different from rest of the GATE application form correction 2020. The request for changing the exam city start after the deadline to submit application form ended. The last date to get the city changed is November 15, 2019, and candidates have to pay additional fee for this.
– You first choice of the center is your most preferred choice and 90% chances are that you will get this center.
– The first and the second choice for the center should be from the same Zone. However, 3rd choice can be from another zone of GATE.
Common Errors in GATE 2020 Form and How to Correct It!
IITs are very specific about entering correct details in the application form of GATE. Some of the most common mistakes which candidates make have been told below, along with the correct format.
1. Name, College Name, City, DoB, Mobile Number, Email ID Incorrectly Entered – If any of these details have been uploaded incorrectly by the candidates then IIT Delhi inform candidates via sms or e-mail. These candidates can change details via login.
- Correct format to enter name is as per eligibility certificate / document. Do not pay attention to the format of the form.
- If the name of your college is not available in the drop down then enter the name manually but do not mentioned any special characters.
Note: If you entered name or name of the college correctly but after downloading the confirmation page it show only half the name then do not worry. Correct data has been submitted.
Below is the list of documents which you need to refer to for entering correct details in the form.
|Field||Documents to refer|
|Name of candidate||Class 10th / SSLC certificate, Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar ID, Driving license|
|Date of birth||Birth certificate, Class 10th / SSLC certificate, Passport|
|Name of Parent / Guardian||Aadhaar ID, Driving license, Passport, Voter ID|
|Qualifying degree||Degree certificate or Final year/Semester mark sheet or Certificate with seal and signature of HoD/principal/competent authority (format available on the website)|
|Year of qualifying degree||Same as above|
|Have you graduated in above degree?||Same as above|
2. Uploading All the Images and Documents – In the application form, candidates have to upload. The correct specification in which documents are to be uploaded is given below this section.
(A) Photograph Specification – Candidates have to upload a passport size photograph which should be 3.5 cm width × 4.5 cm height.
- Face of candidate should be clearly visible.
- Photo must be in JPEG.
- Min. size of scanned image should be 240×320 pixels.
- Max. size of scanned image should be 480×640 in pixels (0.3 Mega pixel).
- Background should be white or light.
- It should be a coloured photograph and must have been taken after August 01, 2019.
- There should not be red eye, glare, shadow in the image.
(B) Signature – On a plain white sheet draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width). Then, with a black or blue ink pen sign within the box.
- &0 to 80% of the area within the box must be covered with signature.
- Scan the image of the signature with the box and upload only the portion in which box and sign is visible.
- The scanned image of signature must be in JPEG format.
- Min size of the image must be 80×280 pixels.
- Max. size of the image must be 160×560 pixels.
- The signature in the form and admit card should match with the signature that candidates will do at the exam hall.
(C) Documents – Caster certificate is only to be uploaded by SC/ST/PwD candidates. OBC candidate need not upload it. The documents to be uploaded are as follows:
|Eligibility Document (if applicable)||Between 10 KB and 500 KB|
|Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB and 300 KB|
|Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB and 300 KB|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||Between 10 KB and 300 KB|
Importance of GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
GATE correction is a one time facility and the candidates should make most of it. IIT Delhi will only issue admit card against those applications which are submitted in prescribed format and are error free. The issuance of GATE admit card begins online, in the login. On the exam day, candidates will have to carry print copy of it along with one original photo id card.
It is also important to make sure that that id proof should be the same as that uploaded in the application form. For Indian national acceptable id cards are:
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
- Driving License
List of valid id cards for international candidates is:
- Government issued ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
How to Confirm If GATE Application Form Corrections are Done Successfully?
GATE 2020 aspirants can know if the correction were done successful or not by check the application form status. If the status of application is:
“Your application is found to be in order and has been accepted”
It indicates that your application form has been accepted and there is no more error in it. However, if the status is:
“Your application is under scrutiny”
Then also worry not, an application can be under scrutiny ever after form has been submitted. If your form is not accepted, clear message for the same will be shown as status.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level entrance exam for M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / Ph.D admission. The exam is held by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) on rotational basis and this year IIT Delhi is conducting the exam. Exam dates for GATE 2020 are February 01, 02, 08, 09, 2019. There are 25 subject papers under GATE and test will be held in online mode.
Score of GATE is accepted by IIT, NIT, IISc, etc. Other than this, PSUs also consider GATE score for recruiting candidates. The validity of GATE score is 3 years, from the date of issuance. For further quaries, candidates can reach out to IITs, via below given email ids.
|Zonal GATE Office||Email ID|