GATE 2020 Application Form Correction – IIT Delhi has released list of those candidates whose application form still has defects. IIT D has released 3 list, for candidates whose application is liable for rejection due to lack of eligibility certificate, candidates whose form is liable for rejection due to incorrectly uploaded photograph and signature, candidate who provided invalid category / PwD / dyslexia certificate and will now be treated as general category candidates. These candidates have to correct defects in the application form by December 06, 2019, else their form will be rejected and category / PwD / dyslexic candidates will have to pay Rs. 750. Check list of candidates who are liable to rejection and correct details from the below:
Latest: Correct defects the GATE 2020 application form from the link below.
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
Candidates who submit application form correctly, get admit card of GATE. Hence, it is important that candidates ensure that all the details in the form are correct and if their it is any error, then correct it before GATE 2020 correction window closes. Important dates for GATE application form correction 2020 are as follows:
|GATE 2020 application form correction window||Dates|
|Correction in name, Parent name, DOB, country of residence, mobile number, address, degree details||15 Oct – 4 Nov 2019|
|Correction in Gender, category, Pwd status, Dyslexic status and exam city||13 Nov – 2 Dec 2019|
|Correction in exam paper||29 Nov – 2 Dec 2019|
GATE Form Correction: Click Here to access GOAPS and remove defects from GATE 2020 application form.
- Click Here to check GATE 2020 list of candidates liable for rejection due to lack of eligibility certificate.
- Click Here to check GATE 2020 list of candidates liable for rejection due to photograph and signature.
- Click Here to check GATE 2020 list of candidates to be treated as General candidates due to invalid category / PwD / dyslexia certificate.
Details that can be Edited via GATE application form correction 2020
Right now, candidates can edit following details in the application form of GATE 2020.
- Subject Paper
- Exam city
- Father’s name
- College name
- Date of birth
- Country of residence of parent / guardian
- Mobile number of parent / guardian
- Correspondence address
- Qualifying degree details
- Pwd status
- Dyslexic status
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction Fee
Candidates have to pay GATE form correction fee when making changes in following:
- Pwd status
- Dyslexic status
- Exam city
- Exam paper
Candidates can check amount of correction fee from below.
GATE 2020 application form correction fee for editing subject paper.
- Inside India candidates have to pay Rs. 300 for changing subject paper of GATE.
- Outside India candidates need to pay US$ 10 (i.e. Rs. 740) for changing subject paper.
GATE 2020 application form correction fee for editing exam city.
|Change city from||Change city to||Fee|
|From an Indian city||To other Indian city||Rs. 400|
|From an India city||To Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka & Kathmandu||Rs. 3550|
|From an Indian city||To Dubai and Singapore||Rs. 7100|
|From any outside City||To Indian city||NA|
|From any outside city||To any outside city||US$10 (Rs. 740)|
|From Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||To Dubai or Singapore||Rs. 4290|
GATE 2020 application form correction fee for editing category or gender.
|Change from||Change to||Fee|
|Female||Male or Transgender (not applicable for SC/ST and PwD candidates)||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST||Gen/OBC (not applicable for Female and PwD candidates)||Rs. 750|
|PwD||non-PwD (not applicable for Female and SC/ST candidates)||Rs. 750|
What to Keep in Mind While Editing GATE 2020 Subject Paper
In all, Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is being held for 25 subject papers. Candidates can only apply for one subject paper, which can be any of the following:
- General aptitude.
- Biomedical engineering.
- Aerospace engineering.
- Agriculture engineering.
- Architecture and planning.
- Civil engineering.
- Chemical engineering.
- Computer science.
- Electronics and communication engineering.
- Electrical engineering
- Ecology and evolution
- Geology and geophysics.
- Instrumentation engineering.
- Mechanical engineering.
- Mining engineering.
- Metallurgical engineering.
- Production and industrial engineering.
- Petroleum engineering.
- Textile engineering and fiber science.
What to Keep in Mind While Editing GATE 2020 Exam City?
Candidates should note that the centers of GATE are divided into various zones. Candidates can:
- Select 3 choices for GATE exam city.
- Out of these, the first and second choice has to be from the same zone.
- However, third choice for the exam city can be from any other zone.
Zones and cities for GATE 2020 are as follows:
How to Confirm If GATE Application Form Corrections are Done Successfully?
GATE 2020 aspirants can know if the correction were done successful or not by check the application form status. If the status of application is:
“Your application is found to be in order and has been accepted”
It indicates that your application form has been accepted and there is no more error in it. However, if the status is:
“Your application is under scrutiny”
Then also worry not, an application can be under scrutiny ever after form has been submitted. If your form is not accepted, clear message for the same will be shown as status.
How to Do GATE 2020 Application Form Correction?
Candidates can only do corrections in the application form from GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The steps to do the corrections are as follows:
Step 1 – Click on the link above. It leads to GOAPS.
Step 2 – Access the GATE 2020 GOAPS by entering:
- Enrollment ID / Email Address
Step 3 – From the dashboard, you can check the link that says – “change applicant details”. Click on it.
Step 4 – On doing so the application form opens in the editable format as shown in the image below. Edit the fields that you want to change and then click on the “submit changes” button. This is how you can complete the GATE application form correction process.
Correct way to upload images and documents in GATE 2020 Application Form
The candidates can check below the correct dimensions and format to upload documents in GATE 2020 form:
|Photograph||Dimension: 3.5 cm × 4.5cm|
Size: 240×320 pixels to 480×640 pixels
|Signature||Dimensions: 2 cm × 7 cm|
Size: 160×560 in pixels to 80×280 in pixels
|Eligibility Document (if applicable)||10 KB to 500 KB|
|Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
|Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
|PwD Certificate (if applicable)||10 KB to 300 KB|
Other details to be taken care of:
(A) The photograph must be as per the specifications below:
- The photograph must match with your appearance on the day of the examination.
- The photograph must be in coloured and must not be more than 1 month old from the time of applying for GATE.
- Background of the photo must be white or of a light colour
- The face should occupy at least 35% of the area of the photograph
- You face must not be covered with any type of clothing
- On a plain white sheet draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height × Width). Then, with a black or blue ink pen sign within the box.
- 70 to 80% of the area within the box must be covered with signature.
- Scan the image of the signature with the box and upload only the portion in which box and sign is visible.
- The scanned image of signature must be in JPEG format.
- Min size of the image must be 80×280 pixels.
- Max. size of the image must be 160×560 pixels.
- The signature in the form and admit card should match with the signature that candidates will do at the exam hall.
Importance of GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
GATE correction is a one time facility and the candidates should make most of it. IIT Delhi only issue admit card against those applications which are submitted in prescribed format and are error free. The issuance of GATE admit card begins online, in the login. On the exam day, candidates will have to carry print copy of it along with one original photo id card. If the specifications in the form are not as per the instructions, then the forms are rejected.
GATE 2020 List of Rejected Application Form
IITs also release the list of rejected application form by specifying the reason for rejection. The candidates whose application number is in the list of rejection, are not issued admit card to appear for GATE. The list is issued in the form of PDF file and is available on the official website. There are 3 types of lists that are published:
- List if candidates whose application is rejected due to duplicacy
- List of candidates whose application is rejected if not meeting eligibility criteria
- List of candidates whose application is rejected due to multiple application form submissions.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level entrance exam for M.E / M.Tech / M.Arch / Ph.D admission. The exam is held by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) on rotational basis and this year IIT Delhi is conducting the exam. There are 25 subject papers under GATE and test will be held in online mode.
Score of GATE is accepted by IIT, NIT, IISc, etc. Other than this, PSUs also consider GATE score for recruiting candidates. The validity of GATE score is 3 years, from the date of issuance. For further quaries, candidates can reach out to IITs, via below given email ids.
|Zonal GATE Office||Email ID|