GATE 2018 Admit Card will be issued online. You can download admit card of GATE 2018 from GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
Admit Cards for GATE 2018 entrance exam will have to be downloaded from the GOAPS website tentatively from 01st week of January 2018. It shall be accessible from the official website. Note roll number provided in admit card as it will be required to check result of GATE 2018.
The applicant has to bring a printed copy of the admit card to the designated test centre along with the original identification card. The candidate may bring any one of the following:- Passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, Valid College ID, Employee identification card, Aadhaar UID or Driving License. The admit card must be produced whenever demanded. After exam, answer key of GATE 2018 will be published officially by IITs or IISc.
However, for International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/ College ID/ Government issued ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification. Hence, the permitted photo identifications to be considered valid are; Passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. NO candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes of the start of the examination.
Special Note – Please note that the center gate shall be closed 25 minutes after start of the examination.
Important dates for GATE 2018 Admit Card
|GATE 2018 Admit Card release||5 January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Examination||3, 4, 10, 11 February 2018|
Steps to download the GATE 2018 Admit Card
- Visit the official website at appsiitr.ac.in
- Select candidate “Login”
- Enter your Enrollment ID
- Enter registration ID
- Enter Date of Birth
After you submit the special entries, you will observe your admit card displayed on the computer screen. It shall depict the information such as- Date, Time, Registration Number, Name, GATE Paper, Examination Centre with code and address, enrollment id in barcode form, photograph of the candidates, E-signature of the candidates and signature of the organising chairman and lastly instructions to the candidates.
Instructions to the candidate to note while they appear for the examination and before they appear for the examination.
- The admit card must be presented for verification along with at least 1 original valid photo identification proof.
- The admit card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferably colour print-out of the admit card on an A4 sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam.
- Candidates credentials will be verified at the exam centre by centre officials.
- Candidates will be able to; login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before the exam starts.
- Candidates should locate the examination centre beforehand and its accessibility at least 1 day prior the examination, so that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the test.
- A virtual scientific calculator is provided at the time of examination. It embedded in the computer system on which you write your paper.
- Other than this no electronic device is allowed to be carried by the candidate.
- Candidates should not bring any charts/material, printed paper/ label in the exam hall.
- Gate authorities will not be responsible if the candidate is barred from appearing into the exam hall in case they do not comply by the instructions.
If you have any queries regarding GATE 2018 Admit Card, please ask in comments below.