GATE 2018 Admit Card will be issued by IIT Guwahati. The Admit Card for GATE 2018 will have to be downloaded from the GOAPS, tentatively from 5th January 2018. It will only be released for the candidates who registered themselves for GATE 2018. Candidates will be able to access the admit card by entering their Enrollment ID or Email ID along with their Password. GATE 2018 will be conducted by IIT Guwahati on February 3, 4, 10 and 11 for 23 papers. The online applications for GATE 2018 can be submitted till 5th October 2017. It is mandatory for candidates to bring the admit card to appear for the entrance test. Check complete details on GATE 2018 Admit Card from the article below.
GATE 2018 Admit Card Important Dates
|1||Last Date to fill Online Application Form||October 5, 2017|
|2||Release of GATE 2018 Admit Card||January 5, 2018|
|4||GATE 2018 Examination||February 3, 4, 10 and 11, 2017|
GATE Admit Card 2018
The admit card is an important document which must be carried in order to appear for the GATE 2018. The applicant will be required to bring a printed copy of the admit card to the designated test center along with the original identification card.
How to Download the Admit Card for GATE 2018?
- Click on the link that will be provided to download GATE 2018 Admit Card/hall ticket
- Enter the details such as GATE 2018 enrollment ID or registered email ID, password and captcha.
- Submit the details by clicking on “Submit” button
- The link for downloading the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Click on the link and download the admit card for GATE 2018.
- Check the details in the admit card before printing it out.
- If all details are correct, print the GATE hall ticket/admit card in colour in A4 size paper.
Documents to carry for GATE 2018
Examinees of GATE 2018 have to bring the following documents to the test center:
- Hard copy of the GATE 2018 Admit Card
- Any of the following Photo ID proof:
- Passport Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Valid College ID
- Employee identification card
- Aadhaar UID or Driving License.
Note: The admit card must be produced whenever demanded. After the exam for GATe 2018 is conducted successfully, the answer key of GATE 2018 will be published officially by IITs or IISc.
For International Candidates:
For International candidates, ONLY a valid Passport/ College ID/ Government issued ID/ Employee ID will be accepted as the recognized identification. Hence, the permitted photo identifications to be considered valid are; Passport, Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License. NO candidate shall be allowed to enter the examination hall after 30 minutes of the start of the examination.
Special Note – Please note that the center gate shall be closed 25 minutes after the start of the examination.
Details Mentioned in the GATE 2018 Admit Card
The following details will be mentioned in the admit card for GATe 2018:
- Date and time for the examination
- Registration Number
- GATE Paper
- Examination Centre with code and address
- Enrollment ID in bar code form
- Photograph of the candidate
- E-signature of the candidate and signature of the organizing chairman
- Instructions to the candidates.
In case if forgot Enrollment ID or Password
In case if the candidate does not remember the login credential, follow the instructions given below:
- On the login page of GOAPS, click on the button ‘Forgot Enrollment ID or Password?’
- In the next window, two options will be provided.
- If you remember the Enrollment ID/Email Address, but forgotten Password, click on “Request for an OTP” to get One Time Password.
- If you already have an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password.
- Submit the details.
Highlights of GATE 2018 Admit Card
Exam Conducting Body: IIT Guwahati
Issuance of Admit card: 5th January 2018
Name of Exam: Graduation Aptitude Test in Engineering
Download Link: Will be updated on the release of admit card i.e. 5th January
- The admit card will be issued online only. No printed admit card will be sent to the candidates.
- The admit card must be presented for verification along with at least 1 original valid photo identification proof.
- The admit card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferably color printout of the admit card on an A4 sized paper.
- Candidates should locate the examination center beforehand and its accessibility at least 1 day prior the examination, so that they can reach the center on time for the examination.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern
The GATE paper consists of 85 marks subject specific and General Aptitude (GA) section for 15 marks, both are compulsory. The duration of the examination is 180 minutes. The question paper consists of multiple choice questions (MCQ) and numerical answer type (NAT). Multiple choice type questions have four choices A, B, C, D, out of which only ONE is the correct answer.
- All questions that are not attempted will result in zero marks.
- Wrong answers for multiple choice type questions (MCQ) will result in NEGATIVE marks.
- For multiple choice type questions, a wrong answer will result in a deduction of ⅓ marks for a 1-mark question and ⅔ marks for a 2-mark question.
- There is no negative marking for questions of numerical answer type (NAT).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Will I be provided with any white paper for rough work and calculations during the test?
A. A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination is over.
Q. Am I allowed to leave the examination hall during the test?
A. Candidates will NOT be allowed to leave the examination hall for any reason during the test. Candidates are allowed to leave the computer laboratory where the exam will be conducted only after the closure of the test at the scheduled end of examination in a session.
Q. What items are not permitted to be brought with me inside the examination venue?
A. The following items are disbarred inside the examination center:
- No physical calculator will be allowed inside the examination hall.
- Mobile Phones, electronic wrist watch
- Charts/Tables/Papers are also not allowed inside the examination center
Q. What is a NAT question?
A. For Numerical Answer Questions of 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections, the answer is a real number, to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keypad. No choices will be shown for this type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or 10.001 (three decimals). In each NAT question, the decimal places up to which the answer should be given shall be mentioned. Wherever not mentioned in the question paper for the required decimal places to be entered, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places ONLY.
Instructions to the candidate to note while they appear for the examination and before they appear for the examination.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam.
- Candidates credentials will be verified at the exam centre by centre officials.
- Candidates will be able to; login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before the exam starts.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of the test.
- A virtual scientific calculator is provided at the time of examination. It will be embedded in the computer system on which you write your paper.
- Other than this no electronic device is allowed to be carried by the candidate.
- Candidates should not bring any charts/material, printed paper/ label in the exam hall.
- Gate authorities will not be responsible if the candidate is barred from appearing into the exam hall in case they do not comply by the instructions.
If you have any queries regarding GATE 2018 Admit Card, please ask in comments below.