CCMN 2020 Counselling – Centralized counselling for M. Sc. and M. Sc. (Tech.) Admission (CCMN) is organized by National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. CCMN is held for admission in the National Institute of Technology (NITs) & Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs). Candidates are shortlisted for counselling on the basis of the IIT-JAM 2020 score. However, in addition to the valid JAM 2020 score, the candidates need to satisfy the common eligibility criteria for counselling. Candidates can check the complete information regarding CCMN 2020 Centralized Counselling for NIT & CFTIs through this page below.
CCMN 2020 Counselling
CCMN is an online admission process in which 21 NITs and 2 CFTIs participate for admission in M. Sc. and M. Sc. (Tech.) programme. Candidates can check the schedule for CCMN 2020 Counselling from the table given below.
|CCMN 2020 Counselling||Dates|
|Availability of Online Application for Registration (for qualified JAM candidates only)||Last week of Apr 2020|
|The start date for payment of Registration Fee – through ICICI Bank easy pay||Last week of Apr 2020|
|The start date for Choice Filling||Last week of Apr 2020|
|Last date for Choice Filling||Last week of May 2020|
|1st Round – Allotment Results||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|2nd Round – Allotment Results||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|3rd Round – Allotment Results||1st week of Jul 2020|
|National Spot Round||To be announced|
CCMN 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfill all eligibility requirements before filling and applying for programmes as per their choices. The candidate will be solely responsible for checking these requirements. CCMN 2020 will not entertain any claims arising out of failure on part of the candidate applying without ensuring compliance of their eligibility requirements to a certain programme or as a whole.
Also you can apply for ATSE 2020 Scholarship Exam - Click Here
Candidates must carefuly check the eligibility criteria for CCMN 2020 from the below-mentioned points.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have a valid qualified JAM 2020 Score.
- Qualifying Degree: Candidates should possess a qualifying degree with 6.5 CGPA or 60% for Gen/ EWS/ OBC, whereas 6.0 CGPA or 55% for SC/ST/PwD.
- The candidates from Institutes with Aggregate system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (Gen/EWS/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/ PwD) as aggregate marks.
- The candidates from Institutes with Honours system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (Gen/EWS/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/ PwD) in Honours. In this system of evaluation, the aggregate marks will not be considered.
- Cerificate Required (OBC-NCL): Candidates must possess a valid OBC-NCL certificate (dated on or after 1.04.2020), wherever applicable as prescribed by the standard format approved by the NCBC Commission, Govt. of India or an equivalent which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Cerificate Required (SC-ST): Candidates must possess a valid SC/ST certificate (with Validity certificate, if necessary), wherever applicable as prescribed by the standard format approved by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment / Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India or an equivalent which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Cerificate Required (PwD): Candidates should possess a valid PwD certificate from a valid ‘Medical Board’ or an equivalent as per the standard format which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Age: Candidates must be eligible for age requirements which are considered valid as per their Birth certificate or as mentioned in the Class X certificate.
- Result Awaited: In case, result of the qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum academic requirements (mentioned in point 2) latest by September 30, 2020 and all other eligibility requirements.
- Mathematics: In certain programmes, candidates would be eligible only if they satisfy a condition of passing Mathematics as a subject in 10+2 (Class XII) level.
Eligibility criteria: Candidates can check the special eligibility conditions from here.
CCMN 2020 Counselling Process
Candidates can check the counselling process for CCMN 2020 from below.
Online registration, choice filling and locking of choices
all candidates eligible for centralized counselling should register themselves by paying registration fee (Rs. 2000/-, non-refundable) for counselling on the CCMN website during specified period as per the schedule published in the website and at the end of this brochure. Payment can be done through ICICI bank Eazypay/NEFT only. After registration, Uploading of all documents and fee payment, candidates will be able to exercise their programme choices across all Participating Institutes on CCMN website using Internet during specified period as per the schedule published in the website and the end of this brochure.
Online Seat Allotment, online fee deposition and online reporting
Candidates will be offered seats based on their choices in order of merit over 04 (four) rounds of allotment. Candidates who are allotted a seat will have to accept the allotment by depositing the Counselling Participation Fee (CPF) through ICICI bank Eazypay during specified period. CPF of SC/ST candidates is Rs. 7500/- and Rs. 10,000/- for General/OBC candidates. In addition, the candidates need to pay Rs. 5000/- as Counselling Confirmation Fee (CCF) during specified period
Generating of Provisional Admission Letter (PAL)
Candidates will be able to generate ONLINE Provisional Admission Letter (PAL) from CCMN website after the Final Round of allotment, which is mandatory to take admission at the Allotted Institute.
Getting admitted to “Allotted Institute‟
Candidates are required to be physically present at the Institute for which admission has been offered and accepted by the candidate (hereinafter called ‘Allotted Institute’) within the specified time frame and successfully complete the “Institute Counselling‟ procedures. Candidate should present all the required documents in original along with Provisional Admission Letter, the remaining fee (either as Demand Draft/through online) and take formal admission as per the procedure of the admitting Institute.
CCMN 2020 Refund Procedure
Check the refund procedure from the given points.
- Registration Fee (RF):
- Non-refundable at all stages throughout the counselling process.
- Counselling Participation Fee (CPF):
- Non-refundable at all stages except for a valid surrender received at CCMN 2020 within the “Surrender dates”. This refund will be after deduction of processing charges.
CCMN 2020 List of Participating Institutes
There are total number of 23 participating institutes (21 NITs and 2 CFTIs) for online counseling and admission to M.Sc/M. Sc(Tech) programmes and the list for the same is as follows.
- NIT Agartala
- NIT Hamirpur
- NIT Meghalaya
- NIT Rourkela
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Allahabad
- NIT Jaipur
- NIT Nagaland
- IIEST Shibpur
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
- NIT Arunachal Pradesh
- NIT Jalandhar
- VNIT Nagpur
- NIT Silchar
- NIT Warangal
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Puducherry
- NIT Sikkim
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Manipur
- SLIET Punjab
- NIT Srinagar
CCMN 2020 Surrender Procedure
A candidate not interested in the allotment or want to exit CCMN for some other personal/ professional reason can opt for “Surrender” option during the stipulated dates mentioned in the schedule. A proper and timely surrender of allotment will create an additional vacancy for another deserving candidate.
If a candidate wishes to surrender the allotment, the candidate should do it ONLINE and need NOT to report to any PI.
Step 1: In Candidate’s Corner section, log in with PID as login id and password. Verify the current and all previous round of allotment with displayed page. If any discrepancy is observed, immediately contact CCMN 2020 team.
Step 2: Fill the displayed text box with the valid reason for surrendering seat (or) choose the appropriate reason for surrendering the seat from the drop-down list. Click the surrender button to exercise the surrender option. Exercise this option carefully, as it is not possible to reverse the action, once the surrender button is executed.
Step 3: The system will then prompt for entering the “OTP” sent to the registered mobile number furnished by the candidate during the registration process. In case “OTP” is not received for more than 5 minutes, kindly click on the regenerate “OTP”.If you still fail to receive the “OTP” to your registered mobile number due to network errors, you will receive a “verification code” similar to “OTP” to your registered email id.
Step 4: Once the “OTP/Verification Code” is successfully verified and the surrender option is executed, the candidate will be out of the allotment loop. The system will prompt a message: “Surrender is Successful”.
Step 4: Kindly print the “Surrender Letter” with all relevant details pertaining to your personal/academic details, allotment, the reason for surrendering, refund details and the bank account details to which the refund is initiated.
Step 5: The refund will be sent to the bank account details printed on the “Surrender Letter” which was provided by the candidate at the time of registration. The refund of CPF will be settled to the candidate after deduction of a specified amount as processing charges after the Final round is complete.
NOTE: A candidate must provide a valid mobile number and email id at the time of registration and make sure this remains active through the process of CCMN counselling, as this will be the only way of communication from CCMN 2020. If there is any issue with the registered mobile number or email id contact CCMN 2020 well in advance with proper proofs to resolve the issue.
CCMN 2020 Seat Details
Seats are alloted to the candidates on the basis of their JAM rank and choices filled. Candidates can check the total number of seats offered by various institutes from the table given below.
|Institute Name||No. of Total Seats Offered|
|NIT Arunachal Pradesh||22|
To check the seats offered for different subjects and categories, candidates can check here – CCMN 2020 Seat Matrix
CCMN 2020 Fee Structure
Below-given is the fee structure of last year (2019). However, candidates can check it and have an idea of the fee that has to be paid by them after admission in their college.
About NIT Rourkela
NIT Rourkela is located in the steel city of Rourkela, Odisha, India. It was established on 15 August 1961. It is ranked 16 in the NIRF Rankings 2019 of Indian engineering universities. The institute has the twenty departments which offer B. Tech, B. Tech-M. Tech Dual, M. Tech, M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc, MBA and PhD degree. It is a highly reputed institute in the country which aims to advance and spread knowledge in the area of science and technology leading to the creation of wealth and welfare of humanity.
Official details of CCMN 2020 Centralized Counselling have not been announced. Information on this page is as per the last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as IBAB Bengaluru Entrance Test 2020 brochure is released, information will be updated on this page. Till then, candidates can check the CCMN last year (2019) brochure.