|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
CCMN 2017 Centralized counselling for Admission to M.Sc Programme in most National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and some Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) will be through a process of Centralized Counselling. CCMN 2017 being organized by National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. Admission will be on the basis of IIT-JAM score only.
Latest: – Admission Details for NIT Manipur & Hamirpur is now available. Scroll down to check the same.
About – Admission to M. Sc/M. Sc (Tech) Programme by CCMN started in the year 2015 with the participation of 13 NITs and 02 CFTIs and was organized by National Institute of Technology Rourkela. Down the year, CCMN 2016 took its shape in the present form with developments and optimization in manifolds. CCMN 2016 had an increase of 02 more institutes from NITs and the total Participating Institutes (PIs) were 17 which include 15 NITs and 02 CFTIs. NIT Calicut & MNNIT Allahabad was the new welcome.
All candidates wishing to take admission at NITs for any M.Sc Programmes should go through the Centralized Counselling procedure followed at CCMN 2017, organized by National Institute of Technology, Rourkela. Candidates can check the complete information regarding CCMN 2017 Centralized Counselling for NIT & CFTIs through this page below.
Schedule for CCMN Centralized Counselling 2017 is given below.
|Availability of CCMN 2017 website||17 April 2017|
|Availability of Online Application for
Registration (for qualified JAM only)
|04 May 2017|
|Start date for payment of Registration
Fee (Through SB collect/NEFT)
|05 May 2017|
|Star date for choice filling||08 May 2017|
|Last date of Online Registration||27 May 2017
|End date for payment of Registration
Fee (SB Collect/NEFT)
|28 May 2017
(NEFT upto 26 May 2017)
|Closing date of online choice filling||
|Automatic locking of choices||02 Jun 2017 (06:00
|Re-upload of Defective Documents||01 June-02 June 2017|
|1st Round- Allotment Results||08 June 2017|
|Counselling Participation Fee( CPF) Payment (SB Collect/NEFT)||08 June- 13 June 2017|
|Freeze of Float Option||08 June- 13 June 2017|
|2nd Round- Allotment Results||19 June 2017|
|Counselling Participation Fee( CPF) Payment (SB Collect/NEFT)||19 June- 23 June 2017|
|Freeze of Float Option||19 June- 23 June 2017|
|Surrender of Allotment||28 June- 02 July 2017|
|Final Round- Allotment Results||04 July 2017|
|Counselling Participation Fee( CPF) Payment (SB Collect/NEFT)||04 July-07 July 2017|
|Print Final Provisional Admission Letter
|04 July-09 July 2017|
|Tentative Vacancy declaration||05 July 2017|
List of Participating Institutes
CCMN 2017 is glad to announce about the participation of 18 institutes (16 NITs and 2 CFTIs) for online counselling and admission to M. Sc/M. Sc (Tech) programmes and the list of participating Institutes (PI) is as follows:
Candidates can now check the Instructions for admission in Various NIT’s From the Table below.
|NIT Agartala||MNIT Jaipur||NIT Silchar|
|MNNIT Allahabad||NIT Jalandhar||NIT Sikkim|
|NIT Arunanchal Pradesh||NIT Jamshedpur||NIT Srinagar, J&K|
|NIT Calicut||NIT Manipur||NIT Warangal|
|NIT Durgapur||VNIT Nagpur||SLIET Punjab|
|NIT Hamirpur||NIT Rourkela||IIEST Shibpur|
For a candidate to be eligible for M. Sc/M. Sc (Tech) programme:
- Candidates must have a valid qualified JAM 2017 Score.
- Candidates must possess a valid OBC-NCL certificate (dated on or after 01.04.2017), wherever applicable as prescribed by the standard format approved by the NCBC Commission, Govt. of India or an equivalent which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Candidates must possess a valid SC/ST certificate (with Validity certificate, if necessary), wherever applicable as prescribed by the standard format approved by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment / Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Govt. of India or an equivalent which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Candidates should possess a valid PwD certificate from a valid ‘Medical Board’ or an equivalent as per the standard format which is provided in the later part of this brochure.
- Candidates must be eligible with age requirements which are considered valid as per their Birth certificate or as mentioned in the Class X certificate.
- Candidates should possess a qualifying degree in the respective discipline or the relevant discipline as prescribed by the PI with 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% for Gen/OBC, whereas 6.0 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 55% for SC/ST/PwD. The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage should be as awarded by the University/Institute.
- The candidates from Institutes with Aggregate system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (Gen/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/ PwD) as aggregate marks.
- The candidates from Institutes with Honours system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (Gen/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/ PwD) in Honours. In this system of evaluation, the aggregate marks will not be considered.
Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfil all such requirements before filling and applying for such programmes as their choices. Candidate will be solely responsible for checking these requirements; CCMN 2017 will not entertain any claims arising out of failure on part of candidate applying without ensuring compliance of their eligibility requirements to a certain programme or as a whole.
Surrendering of allotment is a student choice and will be honoured by CCMN 2017. A proper and timely surrender of allotment will create an additional vacancy for another deserving candidate.
If a candidate wishes to surrender the allotment, the candidate should do it ONLINE and need NOT report to any PI.
A student can surrender an allotment during the stipulated dates mentioned in the “Key Dates” column in the website or mentioned in the later part of this brochure.
In Candidate’s Corner section, login with PID as login id and password. Verify the current and all previous round of allotment with displayed page. If any discrepancy is observed, immediately contact CCMN 2017 team by posting a query to, Candidate Query Corner
- Fill the displayed text box with valid reason for surrendering seat (or) choose the appropriate reason for surrendering the seat from the drop down list.
- Click the surrender button to exercise the surrender option. Exercise this option carefully, as it is not possible to reverse the action, once the surrender button is executed.
- The system will then prompt for entering the “OTP” sent to the registered mobile number furnished by the candidate during registration process.
- In case “OTP” is not received for more than 5 minutes, kindly click on the regenerate “OTP”.
- If you still fail to receive the “OTP” to your registered mobile number due to network errors, you will receive a “verification code” similar to “OTP” to your registered email id.
NOTE: A candidate should furnish a valid mobile number and email id at the time of registration and make sure this remains active through the process of CCMN counselling, as this will be the only way of communication from CCMN 2017. If there is any issue with the registered mobile number or email id contact CCMN 2017 well in advance with proper proofs to resolve the issue.
Once the “OTP/Verification Code” is successfully verified and the surrender option is executed, the candidate will be out of the allotment loop. The system will prompt a message: “Surrender is Successful”.
- Kindly print the “Surrender Letter” with all relevant details pertaining to your personal/academic details, allotment, reason for surrendering, refund details and the bank account details to which the refund is initiated.
- The refund will be sent to the bank account details printed on the “Surrender Letter” which was provided by the candidate at the time of registration.
- The refund of CPF will be settled to the candidate after deduction of Rs. 1000/- as processing charges after the Final round is complete.
If you find any information missing or printed wrongly (mainly about Refund and Bank Account Details) report to CCMN 2017 immediately by writing to us at Candidate Query Corner
- Registration Fee (RF):
- Non-refundable at all stages throughout the counselling process.
- Counselling Participation Fee (CPF):
- Non-refundable at all stages except for a valid surrender received at CCMN 2017 within the “Surrender dates”. This refund will be after deduction of Rs. 1000/- as processing charges.
- The refund amount will be settled to the bank details provided at the time of registration.
- If a candidate cancels the allotment after generating PAL (Provisional Admission Letter) and/or after taking final admission at the allotted institute, the paid CPF is forfeited in full.
Admission through CCMN 2017 with valid JAM 2017 Score
- Candidates with valid JAM 2017 score are eligible to participate in Centralized Counselling for admission into M. Sc. and M. Sc. (Tech.) programme at 18 Participating Institutes (PIs) of CCMN 2017 [16 National Institute of Technology & 02 Centrally Funded Technical Institutes].
- Candidates will only be permitted to apply for the programme in which they have the valid JAM 2017 Score.
- The merit list of the registered candidates is solely based on JAM 2017 score.
- However, in addition to the valid JAM 2017 score the candidates needs to satisfy the common eligibility criteria for counselling, which are as follows:
- Candidates from Institutes with Aggregate system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (GEN/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/PH) as aggregate marks.
- Candidates from Institutes with Honours system of evaluation must have obtained 60% or 6.5 CGPA (GEN/OBC) and 55% or 6.0 CGPA (SC/ST/PH) in Honours. In this system of evaluation, the aggregate marks will not be considered.
- Candidates applying to a specific PG programme should strictly possess the qualifying degree in the respective discipline or any discipline specified by the respective PIs which is published in CCMN 2017 website or the website or respective PIs.
- Candidates not satisfying these criteria will be rejected for Counselling at CCMN 2017. Candidates, whose results are not published, may be accepted provisionally and needs to produce the results by September 30, 2017. In case, the candidate fails to produce the qualifying results maximum by September 30, 2017, the candidature is cancelled and all fess paid are forfeited with no claims arising at any moment.
For more details of CCMN 2017 – Download Information Brochure.