Andhra Pradesh ICET – AP Integrated Common Entrance Test (AP ICET) is conducted by Sri Venkateswara University on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The Common test is organised annually, to fill MBA, MCA, and 2nd year lateral entry MCA seats in the state. The official website for the exam is sche.ap.gov.in/icet. Candidates can check complete details on AP ICET from this page.
The test is conducted in 2 sessions. Candidates are required to solve 200 MCQs, in 150 minutes. The questions are asked from Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability.
|AP ICET 2021||4th week of April 2021|
|AP ICET 2020|
|AP ICET 2019||26 Apr 2019|
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria
A candidate eligible and interested in applying for Andhra Pradesh ICET must check whether he/she is eligible to apply for the exam or not. Ideally as well, checking the conditions should be the first step as every exam has a different guideline. So noting the conditions on the basis of which the exam conducting body measures candidates are a set of criteria. So let us see the conditions as applicable to candidates last year.
- A candidate must be an Indian National.
- Candidate should satisfy the local/non-local status.
Qualification degree Requirement
For admission to MCA/ MBA and 2nd-year lateral entry to MCA.
- Qualifying Exam- 3 years Undergraduate Degree in any discipline
- Minimum Marks requirement- at least 50% marks (45% for reserved categories) in aggregate in qualifying examination.
- Subjects- 12th class with Mathematics subject. (not for MBA)
- Final year appearing Candidates- Final year candidates may also apply.
AP ICET Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam- Online (Computer Based Examination)
- Total Marks- 200 marks.
- Number of Questions – 200 questions.
- Duration of Exam- 150
- Marks for positive answers- 1 mark
|Sections||Marks per Question||Marks per section|
|Analytical Ability||One mark||75|
|Mathematical Ability||One mark||75|
|Communication Ability||One mark||50|
AP ICET Syllabus
Section A – Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency
- Problem Solving- a)Sequences and Series, b) Data Analysis, c) Coding and Decoding Problems, and d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems
Section-B- Mathematical Ability
- Arithmetical Ability- Laws of indices, Pipes and cisterns, Rational numbers, ratio and proportion, surds, numbers and divisibility, Percentages, Profit and loss, Ordering, Partnership, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
- Algebraical and Geometrical Ability- Statements, Truth tables, Plane geometry, Tautologies- Sets, Relations and functions, Applications, Notion of a limit and derivative, implication converse and inverse, Equation of a line in different forms, Trigonometry, Polynomials, Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, etc.
- Statistical Ability- Mean, Median, Mode, Frequency distributions, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability
Section-C- Communication Ability
Day to day vocabulary, functional use of Grammar, basic terminology and concepts in computer and business and Reading Comprehension etc.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.