Last year ICET Syllabus is given below.
(General Information: 200 Questions: 200 Marks: Time 150 minutes)
Section-A: Analytical Ability
75 Questions (75 Marks)
Data Sufficiency: 20 Questions (20 Marks)
A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labelled as (i) and (ii ). If the data given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer.
Problem Solving 55 Questions (55 Marks)
- Sequences and Series: 25 Questions (25 Marks) Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series. .
- Data Analysis: 10 Questions (10 Marks) The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered.
- Coding and Decoding Problems:10 Questions (10 Marks) A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
- Date, Time & Arrangement Problems:10 Questions (10 Marks) Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section -B: Mathematical Ability
75 Questions (75 Marks)
Arithmetical Ability 35 Questions (35 Marks)
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability 30 Questions (30 Marks)
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse, Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications – Equation of a line in different forms.
Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances, Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and expressions; Progressions, Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Notion of a limit and derivative; Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles, Coordinate geometry-distance between points
Statistical Ability: 10 Questions (10 Marks)
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C: Communication Ability
50 Questions (50 Marks)
Objectives of the Test
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:
- Identify vocabulary used in the day-to-day communication.
- Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts
- Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.).
- Understand written text and drawing inferences.
- Part 1: Vocabulary : 10 Questions (10 Marks)
- Part 2: Business and Computer terminology : 10 Questions (10 Marks)
- Part 3: Functional Grammar : 15 Questions (15 Marks)
- Part 4: Reading Comprehension (3 Passages) : 15 Questions (15 Marks)
Please note that AglaSem is not official website for ICET. Information provided here is as per the information publicly released. This information should be used only for reference purpose and candidates are requested to check the official website / information brochure / other notifications published on official website or newspapers before applying or taking any decision.