|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Consequent upon the direction of Hon’ble Apex Court regarding NEET PG for admission to MD/MS courses , the following guidelines are framed for counselling and admission of candidates against 50% state quota seats in different Govt Medical Colleges of the state and HITECH Medical College, Bhubaneswar in the academic session 2017-18. The seats will be filled up by way of online counselling.
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2017 – Instead of holding entrance exam, admission will be done on basis of NEET PG 2017. The National Board of Examinations is conducting National Eligibility cum Entrance Test from 5-13 Dec 2016.
Aspirants should follow the entrire precedure laid down by the body wihch conducts NEET.
Important dates for NEET PG 2017 Admission
|Release of notification saying that admission is through NEET PG 2017||October 3, 2016|
|Date of NEET PG 2017 exam||December 5, 2016, to December 13, 2016|
|Online registration by the candidates (For counselling)||March 10, to March 15, 2017|
|Verification of original documents along with the counselling fee||March 17, 18, 20 & 21, 2017 – Direct
March 22 & 23, 2017 – In-Service
|Medical Board of PH Candidates||March 27, 2017|
|Publication of provisional merit list||March 29, 2017|
|Publication of provisional seat matrix||March 29, 2017|
|Redressal of any grievance regarding seat matrix and merit list||March 30, 2017|
|Publication of revised merit list||March 31, 2017|
|Choice locking for 1st round counselling||April 04 to 06, 2017|
|Download of Allotment cum- Admission letter||April 08 to 09, 2017|
|Reporting/Joining the institution||April 12 to 18, 2017|
Schedule for 2nd round counselling is given below:
|Publication of Provisional Seat Matrix||13-05-2017|
|Redressal of Grievances regarding
To Convenor’s E-mail only
|Publication of Revised Provisional Seat
|15-05-2017 by 6 P.M|
|2nd Round Choice Locking||16-05-2017 to 17-05-2017
(08.00 A.M. to 10.00 P.M.)
|Download of Allotment-cum-Admission
|19-05-2017, 12 Noon onwards|
|Depositing the allotment cum admission
letter and fees before convener and joining in institutionsNB: Fees is to be deposited in shape of DD / BD
// Bankers Cheque drawn in favour of
“Chairman, PG (Medical) Counselling Committee” payable at SBI MCC Branch, Berhampur. (Code-2064)
|20-05-2017 to 27-05-2017 (11.00 A.M. to 04.00 P.M.)|
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2017
The Post Graduate (Medical) courses usually are of 3 years duration from the date of commencement of the course i.e. 1st May 2017 subject to joining of the candidate in the course. In case of any shortfall of three years of tenure, the candidate is to repeat the course for the shortfall period. Candidates having recognized P.G. Diploma shall be exempted one year from the total duration of P.G. (Medical) Course provided they undergo P.G. (Medical)Course in the same subject.
The courses of study and the registration of candidates for post-graduate study at the respective colleges in the subjects concerned will be regulated by the University to which the Medical College is affiliated.
To be eligible a candidate must have passed MBBS from any MCI recognized institution and must have the following criteria:
- A candidate must be a permanent resident of Odisha.
A candidate of outside state but passed MBBS from any Govt Medical College of Odisha, who was admitted under 15 % All India Quota seats.
- Must have qualified in NEET PG 2017, securing the qualifying marks as prescribed by MCI (50th percentile for UR, 45th percentile for UR-PH and 40th percentile for SC/ST)
- Must have completed one year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship/ Houseman ship by 31 st March.
- Must have completed one year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship/ Houseman ship by 31st March 2017
- Must have registered himself/ herself under State/ Central Council of Medical Registration.
- Candidates who have completed or undergoing P.G. (Medical) Course in any subject shall not be eligible to participate for P.G. Medical Counselling.
Allotment, Merit List & Seat Matrix
Merit list & Seat matrix for Odisha PG Medical Admission 2017 has been published. Kindly check the same through the direct link provided below.
Check Allotment List here:
- Common Allotment Direct State Quota – Check Here
- Common Allotment Direct Deemed Universities – Check Here
- Common Allotment In-Service State Quota – Check Here
Click Here to Download the Allotment letter
Check Merit List here:
- Merit List for In-service candidates state quota – Check Here
- Merit List for direct admissions for state quota – Check Here
- Merit List for candidates for deemed universities – Check Here
Check Seat Matrix here:
- Seat Matrix for two deemed university of odisha – Check Here
- Seat Matrix for Govt MC & HI Tech MC – Check Here
The State Govt. will conduct the Counseling and Selection process for seats available for both Govt. Medical College and Deemed Universities / Private Medical Colleges. The candidates those who have qualified NEET-PG are eligible to apply for the PG Seats in Odisha under 2 Categories.
- All the merit listed candidates who wish to participate in counseling procedure for admission must register in due time in the website of DMET i.e. www.dmetodisha.gov.in in appropriate admission sections. Registration means creating own username and password for logging in to the online counseling site. Without registration the candidate cannot proceed to next step of online application. The user name and password must not be shared with others.
- After log-in to the site the candidate has to fill up the online application form and submit by clicking the “submit” button. A printout of the online application form must be taken.
- The candidate has to attend the document verification session and get his/her online application authenticated. In case of emergency any authorized person on behalf of the candidate can attend on production of authorization letter of candidate. The candidate has to submit the counseling/application fees, of Rs. 2500/- in shape of bank draft drawn in favour of “Convenor PG (Medical) Counselling Committee”, payable at Brahmapur from any SBI, and self attested copies of documents along with originals. The counseling/application fee is not refundable. Only on successful verification of documents the candidate becomes eligible and name will appear in the merit list. The names of candidates who fail to attend document verification on scheduled dates will not appear in the merit list and cannot participate in choice lock and subsequent process of counseling and admission.
- Then the candidate has to submit his/her choice of course and college in order of preference as per schedule, in the online site and lock the choice.
- College and course will be allotted on merit basis. The candidate can download the allotment cum admission letter and personally appear before the Convener on the notified date, time and venue along with required admission fees for provisional admission. The mode of deposit of admission fees will be notified by Convenor. The candidate has to deposit the original College Leaving Certificate / School Leaving Certificate as the case may be and will be issued a provisional admission letter.
- The candidate must report before the authority of the institution allotted with in stipulated date as notified and submit a copy of the provisional admission letter for completion of admission process at institutional level.
- In case the candidate resign after admission, before the counseling for the academic session is complete shall get back 90% of admission fees deposited and 10% shall be retained as processing fees. If the candidate resign after counseling process is over, for which a seat lapse, no fees will be refunded and action as mentioned here in after shall be taken against him/her.
- If at the end of counseling vacancy still exists due to any reason the convener may notify a spot counseling. Physical presence of the candidate is a must for participating the spot counseling.
- Other detail procedures & schedules of different rounds of counseling, choice locking, schedule of provisional admission & reporting etc. will be notified by the Convener in the web site of DMET, Odisha in appropriate section as and when required. Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with the website.
The additional weightage will be awarded to in-service category candidates vide section G.2. supra who have qualified in NEET PG 2017 and have worked in the institutions and the candidates shall be awarded an additional weightage of 10% of the marks secured in the P.G. Entrance Examination per year of completion of service in above areas, subject to maximum of 30% of marks secured in entrance examination.
In the said notification shall be applicable to candidates who joined in any of the institutions mentioned in the list on or after 21.03.2016 and coming under in-service category as per section G.2. supra and have qualified in NEET PG 2017.
- Click here for List of Institutions and their Vulnerability Grade for Awarding Additional Weightage for pursing PG Medical Course in State of Odisha.
Distribution of Seats : The available seats under the state quota are to be distributed among inservice and direct candidates on 50:50 basis. In case the total seats come to an odd number the extra seat will be distributed between in-service and direct candidates on year to year rotation basis.
Reservation of Seats: The reservation percentage for both direct & in-service category will be 69% for UR category, 12% for ST category, 8% for SC category, 3% for PH and 5 % for Green Card (GC) category and 3% for Ex-Servicemen (Ex-S) category.
Allotment of Seats
- Allotment will be made strictly on the basis of merit list of state prepared by Convener and as per the choice of subject & college locked by the candidate. Candidates shall be provisionally admitted in the Convener’s office by submitting the allotment letter, CLC and deposit of required fees.
- In-case of non-availability of any reserved candidates, such unfilled seats will be filled up by unreserved candidates. No interchangeability between ST & SC seats is allowed.
- In case of non-availability of candidates under in-service category, their seats will be filled up by direct candidates. During such conversion from in-service to direct category the respective reserve category will be maintained.
For complete guidelines of Counselling and Odisha PG Medical Admission 2017 – Download Notification