Consequent upon the direction of Hon’ble Apex Court regarding NEET PG for admission to MD/MS courses, the following guidelines are framed for counselling and admission of candidates against 50% state quota seats in different Govt Medical Colleges of the state and HITECH Medical College, Bhubaneswar in the academic session 2018-19. The seats will be filled up by way of online counselling.
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2018 – Instead of holding entrance exam, admission will be done on basis of NEET PG 2018. The National Board of Examinations has conducted National Eligibility cum Entrance Test on Jan 07, 2018.
Aspirants should follow the entire procedure laid down by the body which conducts NEET.
Odisha PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET-PG
The Post Graduate (Medical) courses usually are of 3 years duration from the date of commencement of the course i.e. 1st May 2018 subject to joining of the candidate in the course. In case of any shortfall of three years of tenure, the candidate is to repeat the course for the shortfall period. Candidates having recognized P.G. Diploma shall be exempted one year from the total duration of P.G. (Medical) Course provided they undergo P.G. (Medical) Course in the same subject.
Important dates for Odisha PG Medical Admission 2018 through NEET-PG
|Date of NEET PG 2018 exam||07 Jan 2018|
|Online registration by the candidates (For counselling)||09 to 15 Mar 2018|
|Verification of original documents along with the counselling fee||19 to 24 Mar 2018|
|Medical Board of PH Candidates||24 Mar 2018|
|Publication of provisional merit list||27 Mar 2018|
|Publication of provisional seat matrix||27 Mar 2018|
|Redressal of any grievance regarding seat matrix and merit list||29 Mar 2018|
|Publication of revised merit list||30 Mar 2018|
|Choice locking for 1st round counselling||31 Mar to 02 Apr 2018|
|Download of Allotment cum- Admission letter||03 to 05 Apr 2018|
|Reporting/Joining the institution||09 to 11 Apr 2018|
|Schedule for 2nd round counseling and joining||15 Apr to 03 May 2018|
Online registration for the Odisha PG Medical Admission 2018 has started. Candidates can apply from the official website OR through the direct link provided below. Candidates must check their eligibility before applying for the admission.
Documents Required before Filing the Application Online
Candidates are advised to keep the following documents ready before filing the application online.
- Bank Draft of Rs.2500/- (preferably in SBI) in favour of “Convener, PG Medical Counseling Committee” Payable at “Burla”
- NEET PG-2018 Rank Card
- Matriculation Certificate (10th) indicating Date of Birth
- MBBS Degree / Provisional Certificate
- MBBS Mark Sheet
- Internship / Houseman ship Completion Certificate
- Updated Medical Registration Certificate
- Permanent Resident / Domicile / Nativity Certificate (Issued within 6 months)
- Category Certificate (if reservation claimed)
- Service Certificate if applicable for those employed under State Govt. or State PSU or Central PSU located in Odisha or DF posted in Odisha) issued by CDMO / Concerned authority
- Scan of Passport Size Colour Photograph of candidate as submitted for NEET-PG-2018 in .jpg/.jpeg format of size within 100kb
- Scan of Full Signature in .jpeg / .jpg format of size within 60kb.
Click Here to check the instruction manual for online counselling registration.
To be eligible a candidate must have passed MBBS from any MCI recognised institution/equivalent and must have the following criteria:
- A candidate must be a permanent resident of Odisha. OR A candidate of outside state but passed MBBS from any Govt Medical College of Odisha, who was admitted under 15 % All India Quota seats.
- Must have qualified in NEET PG 2018, securing the qualifying marks as prescribed by MCI.
- Must have completed one year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship/ Houseman ship by 31st March 2018.
- Must have registered himself/ herself under State/ Central Council of Medical Registration.
- Candidates who have completed or undergoing P.G. (Medical) Course in any subject shall not be eligible to participate for P.G. Medical Counselling.
- All the merit listed candidates who wish to participate in counseling procedure for admission must register in due time in the website of DMET i.e. www.dmetodisha.gov.in inappropriate admission sections. Registration means creating own username and password for logging in to the online counseling site. Without registration, the candidate cannot proceed to next step of online application. The username and password must not be shared with others.
- After log-in to the site, the candidate has to fill up the online application form and submit by clicking the “submit” button. A printout of the online application form must be taken.
- The candidate has to attend the document verification session and get his/her online application authenticated. In case of emergency, any authorized person on behalf of the candidate can attend on the production of authorization letter of the candidate. The candidate has to submit the counselling/application fees, of Rs. 2500/- in shape of bank draft drawn in favour of “Convenor PG (Medical) Counselling Committee”, payable at Brahmapur from any SBI, and self-attested copies of documents along with originals. The counseling/application fee is not refundable. Only on successful verification of documents, the candidate becomes eligible and name will appear in the merit list. The names of candidates who fail to attend document verification on scheduled dates will not appear in the merit list and cannot participate in the choice lock and the subsequent process of counseling and admission.
- Then the candidate has to submit his/her choice of course and college in order of preference as per schedule, in the online site and lock the choice.
- College and course will be allotted on merit basis. The candidate can download the allotment cum admission letter and personally appear before the Convener on the notified date, time and venue along with required admission fees for provisional admission. The mode of deposit of admission fees will be notified by Convenor. The candidate has to deposit the original College Leaving Certificate / School Leaving Certificate as the case may be and will be issued a provisional admission letter.
- The candidate must report before the authority of the institution allotted within stipulated date as notified and submit a copy of the provisional admission letter for completion of the admission process at the institutional level.
- In case the candidate resigns after admission before the counseling for the academic session is complete shall get back 90% of admission fees deposited and 10% shall be retained as processing fees. If the candidate resigns after counseling process is over, for which a seat lapse, no fees will be refunded and action as mentioned hereinafter shall be taken against him/her.
- If at the end of counseling vacancy still exists due to any reason the convener may notify a spot counseling. The physical presence of the candidate is a must for participating the spot counseling.
- Other detail procedures & schedules of different rounds of counseling, choice locking, schedule of provisional admission & reporting etc. will be notified by the Convener in the website of DMET, Odisha in appropriate section as and when required. Candidates are requested to be in constant touch with the website.
- Allotment will be made strictly on the basis of merit list of state prepared by Convener and as per the choice of subject & college locked by the candidate. Candidates shall be provisionally admitted in the Convener’s office by submitting the allotment letter, CLC and deposit of required fees.
- In case of non-availability of any reserved candidates, such unfilled seats will be filled up by unreserved candidates. No interchangeability between ST & SC seats is allowed.
- In case of non-availability of candidates under the in-service category, their seats will be filled up by direct candidates. During such conversion from in-service to direct category the respective reserve category will be maintained.
The additional weightage will be awarded to the in-service category candidates vide section G.2. supra who have qualified in NEET PG 2018 and have worked in the institutions and the candidates shall be awarded an additional weightage of 10% of the marks secured in the P.G. Entrance Examination per year of completion of service in above areas, subject to maximum of 30% of marks secured in entrance examination vide Govt. Notification No ME-II-M-02/2015–5750/H Dt. 21.03.2016. The Annexure A in the said notification shall be applicable to candidates who joined in any of the institutions mentioned in the list on or after 21.03.2016 and coming under in-service category as per section G.2. supra and have qualified in NEET PG 2018.
Distribution of Seats : The available seats under the state quota are to be distributed among in-service and direct candidates on 50:50 basis. In case the total seats come to an odd number the extra seat will be distributed between in-service and direct candidates on the year to year rotation basis. The unfilled All India Seats after surrender to the State will be equally distributed between direct and in-service category and the reservation percentage will be maintained.
Reservation of Seats: The reservation percentage for both direct & in-service category will be 69% for UR category, 12% for ST category, 8% for SC category, 3% for PH and 5 % for Green Card (GC) category and 3% for Ex-Servicemen (Ex-S) category.
Percentage of reservation will be maintained as far as practicable taking the total seats, college wise seats, subject wise seats i.e. pre-clinical, paraclinical and clinical seats into consideration subject to condition that, any discrepancy due to odd number will be made good in subsequent years on rotation basis.
Admission and Joining
- If a candidate after taking admission in the allotted seat resigns due to any reason before the completion of the course he/she has to pay a sum of Rs. 10,00,000/- (Rupees ten lakh) as a financial penalty along with the amount of stipend/salary received by him/her till the date of resignation in shape of Bank Draft drawn in favour of “Entrance Examination Fees, DMET, Odisha” payable at Bhubaneswar. The candidates have to submit an undertaking to that effect and the original documents /CLC will not be returned to the candidate until the penalty is realised. The entire admission fees deposited will also be not refunded. If a candidate after taking admission in the allotted seat resigns due to any reason before the last date of admission, then only 10% of fees deposited will be retained and rest will be refunded.
- The admission is subject to fitness of candidate medically, who is to produce a Medical Fitness Certificate at the time of joining.
- Candidates selected for PG course shall submit the bond in prescribed format duly signed by the candidate and sureties at the time of provisional admission. Such format of Bond is available in the website of DMET, Odisha.
Official website: www.dmetodisha.gov.in.
For complete guidelines of Odisha PG Medical Admission 2018 – Download Prospectus.