NEET PG – National Board of Examination (NBE) conducts National Eligibility cum Entrance Test every year at national level. It is held for admission in MD / MS and PG Diploma courses. Candidates should possess MBBS Degree along with the completion of one year internship to be eligible to apply for NEET PG. It is a single exam for admission of candidates in PG medical courses in India. The exam is held in computer based mode in which candidates have to solve 300 MCQ of four mark each in 210 minutes. Aspirants shall fill an application form to appear for the exam. Check the information related to NEET PG from this page.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is the body which holds NEET PG and is, therefore, looking forward to hold NEET PG. The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conduct of NEET-PG, declaration of the result and providing NEET-PG rank. NBE has no role in counseling and allotment of seats.
NEET PG Eligibility Criteria
NBE prescribes NEET PG Eligibility Criteria. It is important to keep in mind that only if candidates fulfill eligibility criteria of NEET PG they can get admission in MD, MS, PG Diploma on basis of result. It is the responsibility of the applicant to check eligibility before applying.
- You require an MBBS degree / Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a recognized medical college or institute. A recognized institute means that it is as per provisions of Indian Medical Council and degree is valid.
- In addition, you also need permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS or equivalent qualification that Medical Council of India (MCI) or State Medical Council has issued.
NEET PG Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time
being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
NEET PG Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for NEET PG 2020 from below.
- Duration: Candidates have 3 hours and 30 minutes to solve the paper.
- Mode of exam: NEET PG is held in computer based mode i.e online.
- Language: It is conducted in English language only.
- Total Number of question: There shall be a total number of 300 questions in the exam.
- Type of questions: All the questions will be of multiple choice type.
- Parts in the exam: There are 3 parts in the exam A, B, C.
- Marking scheme: Candidate are given four (4) marks for correct answer and for marking incorrect answer negative marking of one (1) mark is done.
Candidates can check the distribution of question from the table below.
|Part||Number of questions||Marks|
NEET PG Syllabus
There will be questions from various topics in NEET PG entrance exam. These topics are primarily divided into following 15 headings.
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics and Anaesthesia
- Radiodiagnosis and Radiotherapy
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
About National Board of Examination (NBE)
NBE is an independent body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India. It eas established in the year 1975 by the Government of India with a sole purpose to enhance the quality of postgraduate medical examination in India. NBE conducts various exams in the field of medicine which are NEET PG, NEET MDS, NEET SS, AIPGMEE, DNB final examinations, and the list is long. The role of NBE is until the release of the result. The body is not responsible for conducting counselling or further admission process.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.