The Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI) is constituted under an Act of Parliament. ICSI is the only recognized professional body in India to develop and regulate the profession of Company Secretaries in India. ICSI functions under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The Institute provides top-quality education to the students of Company Secretaries (CS) Course and best quality set standards to CS Members.
Latest: ICSI has merged the June Cycle exam with the December cycle exams for Foundation, Professional, Executive, and Post membership qualification programs. Scroll down to get the details.
ICSI Company Secretaries
ICSI is a premier national professional Institute established under an Act of Parliament. Functions under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. ICSI has been set up to regulate and develop the profession of Company Secretaries. ICSI has its Headquarters at New Delhi and 4 Regional Offices at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and 70 Chapters spread all over India. Including One Overseas Chapter at Dubai. ICSI has its own Centre for Corporate Governance, Research and Training (CCGRT) at Navi Mumbai. Conducts examination at 87 centres including one Overseas Centre at Dubai
ICSI CS 2020 Important Announcement Concerning Examinations
ICSl Examinations for the June 2020 session which has been merged with the December 2020 Examinations shall commence from December 21, 2020, as per the Examination Time-table which will be released separately.
Click here to download the Notice.
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e. ICSI Foundation Programme, ICSI Executive Programme and ICSI Professional Programme.
Role of Company Secretary
A Company Secretary being multi-disciplinary professional renders services in the following areas:
Corporate Governance Legal and Secretarial Services:
- Corporate Governance Services
- Corporate Secretarial Services
- Secretarial/Compliance Audit and Certification Services
Corporate Laws Advisory and Representation Services :
- Corporate Laws Advisory Services
- Representation Services
- Arbitration and Conciliation Services.
Financial Market Services :
- Public Issue, Listing and Securities Management
- Banking Services
- Takeover Code, Insider Trading.
- Securities Compliance and Certification Services
- Finance and Accounting Services
- Taxation Services
- International Trade and WTO Services
Management Services :
- General/Strategic Management
- Corporate Communication and Public Relations
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology.
How to became Company Secretary
Stages to become a Company Secretary:
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
The Student who would like to join the Course after passing the Graduation has to undergo two stages of the Company Secretaryship i.e.
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Foundation Programme can be pursued by 10+2 pass or equivalent students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts). Executive Programme can be pursued by a Graduate of all streams except Fine Arts. Professional Programme can be pursued only after clearing the Executive Programme of CS Course.
A little about Company Secretary
There are three stages for Company Secretary:
- CS Foundation Programme
- CS Executive Programme
- CS Professional Programme
CS Foundation Programme
- Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination Pass candidates in Arts, Science & Commerce Streams (excluding Fine Arts) are eligible for admission
- Duration of the Course is 8 months
- Admission is valid for three years
- Register online at www.icsi.edu by clicking on online services.
- Student should upload scanned copies of Sr. Secondary Examination Pass Certificate or mark sheet, date of birth, passport size photograph and signature while submitting online registration form at appropriate place.
- Regional Councils and Chapters conduct class room teaching for students which are optional
- Study material is provided after approval of the online registration application.
- Provisional admission is allowed subject to submission of proof of passing Sr. Secondary Examination (10+2) within six months.
- Cut off dates : 31st March and 30th September however the admission is open throughout the year.
- Business Environment and Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, Ethics and Communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Accounting and Auditing
CS Executive Programme
- CS Foundation Programme Pass
- Foundation Examination Pass of The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Common Proficiency Test (CPT) of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Arts, Science, Commerce Graduates/ Post Graduates (excluding Fine Arts) are eligible for admission
- Duration : 9 Months
- Candidates not less than 17 years of age
- Candidates possessing any of the following qualifications are exempted from passing CS Foundation Programme:
- A degree or master’s degree in Corporate Secretaryship or Commerce; or
- Pass in Final examination of ICAI (Cost) or ICAI or any other Accountancy Institution in India or abroad recognised asequivalentthereto by theCouncil;or
- A degree or master’s degree in any disciplines other than Fine Arts
- Student Registration is valid for five years
- Students must upload scanned copies of degree / marks certificate, date of birth, passport size photograph and signature while submitting online registration form.
- Students need to register online at www.icsi.edu
- Study material is provided after approval of the online registration
- However the admission is open throughout the year
- Students must undergo Compulsory Computer Training or exempted thereof, before writing the CS Executive Programme examination
- Students must undergo 7 days Student Induction Programme (SIP) within 6 months of registration and before appearing in Executive Programme Examination.
- Students intending to attend class room teaching are required to pay additional fee to the Regional Councils/ Chapters as determined by them from time to time.
- Cut off dates : 28th February, 31st May, 31st August & 30th November for seeking registration.
- Non-Commerce candidates seeking exemption from the Foundation Programme Examination are required to pay in addition, education fee of `500 for those subject(s) of the CS Foundation Programme which they had not studied at the graduate or post graduate level.
- Compulsory Computer Training: No candidate shall be admitted to the Executive Programme examination unless he/she has successfully completed Computer Training Programme as may be specified from to time. For details on ICSI-APTECH Course and the recognized centers for the same, you may visit the website of the Institute.
Module I : 1. Company Law 2. Cost and Management Accounting 3. Economic and Commercial Laws 4. Tax Laws and Practice.
Module II : 5. Company Accounts and Auditing Practices 6. Capital Markets and Securities Laws 7. Industrial, Labour and General Laws
CS Professional Programme
A candidate will be admitted to the Professional Programme Examination, if he/she has registered himself/herself as a student for the Professional Programme at least nine calendar months prior to the month in which the examination commences. Fee payable:₹ 12,000/.
Module I : 1. Advanced Company Law and Practice 2. Secretarial Audit, Compliance Management and Due Diligence 3. Corporate Restructuring, Valuation and Insolvency.
Module II : 5. Information Technology and Systems Audit 5. Financial, Treasury and Forex Management 6. Ethics, Governance and Sustainability.
Module III : 7. Advanced Tax Laws and Practice 8. Drafting, Appearances and Pleadings 9. Electives 1 out of below 5 subjects 9.1 Banking Law and Practice 9.2 Capital, Commodity and Money Market 9.3 Insurance Law and Practice 9.4 Intellectual Property Rights – Law and Practice 9.5 International Business-Laws and Practices.
A candidate is declared to have passed the CS Foundation/ Executive/Professional Programme, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
The CS Course is a Correspondence/Distance Learning Course with provision for optional class room teaching. Admission is open through out the year. Students can register online on ww.icsi.edu. Students are advised to click on the following link to get details about complete process of online registration.
Before proceeding to registration form please make sure that you are ready with the softcopy of the documents mentioned on this page.
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- DOB Certificate (10th pass certificate)
- Roll number (if appearing)
- Qualifying certificates /Consolidated Pass Mark sheet i.e (12th pass certificate for foundation, degree
- certificate for executive)
- Category certificate (Other than general)
- Identity proof(Adhar card/passport/voter ID /pan card/driving license/ration card)
Guidelines should be followed.All the files should be present in one of the following formats(jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp,pdf).
- The maximum allowed file size is 2 MBs.
- File size of student photo should be between 20 kb to 50 kb.
- File Size of student signature should be between 10 kb to 20 kb.
Click here to read ICSI CS Application form instructions.
Fee Structure for CS Course
|CS Foundation Programme||Rs.4500/-|
|CS Executive Programme||Rs.9000/- for Commerce Graduates|
|Rs 12,500/- for CPT passed of ICAI / Foundation passed of ICAI-CMA|
|Rs 10,000/- for Non Commerce Students|
|Rs 8,500/- for CS Foundation passed students|
|CS Professional Programme||Rs.12,000/-|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.