CA Intermediate 2020 – ICAI will conduct CA Intermediate exam 2020 from November 22, 2020. You can check the complete schedule below. The link to download CA Inter admit card is given below. ICAI offers Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course (IPCC) 2020 to candidates who have passed the 10+2 and CA Foundation courses. After crossing the Intermediate examination, candidates can register for the final course. Intermediate (IPC) Course is comprised of two levels viz. Group I and Group II. It contains six subjects and eight papers of 100 marks each. Check complete details on CA Intermediate 2020 from below.
CA Intermediate 2020 exam has stand rescheduled in Tamil Nadu State due to Nivar cyclone. Scroll down to check the complete notice.
To download CA Inter admit card 2020 – Click Here!
Further, ICAI has announced that the January / February 2021 exams will start from January 21, 2021, in all the cities where the November 2020 exams are being held. The detailed schedule and details will be available after the “opt-out” facility of the November exam are over. Read the notice here.
CA Intermediate 2020
CA Intermediate is held two times in a year, first in the month of May and then in the month of November. Students who are pursuing the Final year Graduation Course can also register for the Intermediate Course on provisional basis. Schedule for both the months are provided below.
|Events||November 2020||Jan / Feb 2021|
|Application form released||05 Aug 2020||To be announced|
|Last date to submit form without late fee||25 Aug 2020||To be announced|
|Last date to submit form with late fee||up to 04 Sep 2020||To be announced|
|Application Form Reopened||09 ? 11 Sep 2020||To be announced|
|Online facility for seeking changes||07 ? 13 Sep 2020||To be announced|
|Correction window opens||To be announced|
|Correction window reopens||till 13 Sep 2020||To be announced|
|Opt-Out window reopens||to continue during the entire Nov exam||To be announced|
|Issue of admit card||01 Nov 2020||To be announced|
|CA IPCC Group 1 2020 exam date (Old)||22, 24, 26, 28 Dec 2020 ? Group I |
1, 3, 5 Dec 2020 ? Group II
|From 21 Jan 2021|
|CA IPCC Group II 2020 exam date (New scheme)||22, 24, 26, 28 Dec 2020 ? Group I|
1, 3, 5, 7 Dec 2020 ? Group II
|From 21 Jan 2021|
|Result declaration||To be announced||To be announced|
CA Intermediate 2020 Latest Updates
CA Intermediate 2020 exam has stand rescheduled in Tamil Nadu State due to Nivar cyclone and The rescheduled Intermediate & IPC Examination shall be held on 9th December, 2020. Check the complete details in below notice.
Opt-Out Scheme for November 2020 examination
Procedure for availing OPT?OUT facility :
Submit a declaration online available at official website from November 07, 2020 (Saturday) 9.00 PM Onwards.
On submitting the declaration, candidature of the student for November 2020 Examination Cycle-I will be cancelled and he/she will be given the option to:
- shift in next November 2020 Examination Cycle-II /tranche-II (to be scheduled in the second half of January 2021 / first half of February 2021)
- appear in May 2021 Examination Cycle
Kindly note that once option for ?Opt out? is taken, it will be treated as final. No request for its change will be entertained under any circumstances.
For remaining students who choose not to opt out, and appear for the exams commencing from 21st November 2020, the Institute has made all the required and necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of November 2020 examination (commencing from 21st November, 2020) across the globe including strict adherence to the precautions / measures related to COVID?19 which include thermal scanning, hands? sanitization, wearing of masks, maintaining social distancing at all times, following Government guidelines, etc. for the examinees / centre functionaries during the conduct of Chartered Accountant Examination.
CA IPCC Nov 2020 admit card release date announced. Check from the official notice below.
As per the latest update regrading ICAI exam, the below given notice has been issued:
CA Intermediate 2020 Registration Reopened
CA Intermediate 2020 Rescheduled Notice
Candidates can check the rescheduled notice for CA Intermediate 2020 Rescheduled Notice below-
Click here to download the notice
CA Intermediate 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards of all the candidates will be published on icaiexam.icai.org generally 14 days before the start of the examination. Candidates may print their admit card from the website, No physical admit card will be sent to any candidate. For downloading and printing of the admit cards, candidates will have to log-in with their login credentials such as login id and password and print the admit card from their dashboard.
The admit card of CA Intermediate will have details like personal details, reporting time, address of the venue/test centers, etc. It is important to carry the admit card with identity proof on the day of examination.
CA Intermediate 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the pattern of CA Intermediate examination comprising of eight papers.
- Mode: Offline
- The medium of examination: English and Hindi
- Time: Three hours
Paper 2, 4, 6, and 7 will have both MCQs and descriptive type questions.
- Type of questions: MCQ and descriptive
- Weightage of questions: MCQ carries 30% weightage and rest 70%
Following is the distribution of papers and distribution of marks in each paper.
|Papers||Total Marks||Marks distribution|
|Paper 1 – Accounting||100||100|
|Paper 2 – Corporate Laws & Other Laws|
Part I: Company Laws
Part II: Other Laws
|Paper 3 – Cost and Management Accounting||100||100|
|Paper 4 – Taxation|
Section A: Income Tax Law
Section B: Indirect Taxes
|Paper 5 – Advanced Accounting||100||100|
|Paper 6 – Auditing and Assurance||100||100|
|Paper 7 –Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management|
Section A: Enterprise Information Systems
Section B: Strategic Management
|Paper 8 – Financial Management & Economics for Finance|
Section A: Financial Management
Section B: Economics for Finance
CA Intermediate 2020 Syllabus
Following is the new revised syllabus for CA Intermediate 2020. Below given are some important topics covered under intermediate papers.
PAPER 1: Accounting
- Process of Formulation of Accounting Standards including Ind AS (IFRS converged standards) and IFRS’s
- Framework for preparation and presentation of financial statements (as per accounting standards)
- Application of accounting standards
- Company Accounts
- Accounting for Special Tranasactions
- Special Type of Accounting
PAPER ? 2: Corporate and Other Laws
- The Companies Act, 2013 – Section 1 to 148
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
- The General Clauses Act, 1897
- Interpretation of statutes,
PAPER – 3 : Cost and Management Accounting
- Overview of Cost Management Accounting
- Ascertainment of Cost and Cost Accounting System
- Methods of costing
- Cost control and analysis
PAPER 4 : Taxation
- Residential Status and scope of total income
- Income other person’s included in assessee’s total income
- Deductions fromm gross total income
- Concept of Indirect taxes
- Goods and Service Tax (GST) Laws
PAPER 5: Advanced Accounting
- Application of accounting standards
- Special aspects of company accounts
- Reorganization and liquidation of companies
- Consolidated financial statements
PAPER 6: Auditing and Assurance
- Nature object and scope of auditing
- Audit strategy, Audit planning
- Audit Documentation
- Risk Assessment and Internal Control
- Audit Sampling
- Audit Banks
- Audit of different types of entities
PAPER 7: Enterprise Information Systems & Strategic Management
- Automated Business Processes
- Finacial and accounting systems
- Information system and its components
- Introduction to strategic management
- Strategic Management process
- Business level strategies
- Strategy implementation and control
PAPER 8: Financial Management and Economic Finance
- Introduction to financial management function
- Financing decisions
- Cost of capital
- Dividend decisions
- Management of working capitals
- Determination of national income
- Public finance
- International trade
CA Intermediate 2020 Important Books
Following are some important books for CA intemediate course preparation.
|Important books||Available at|
|CA Inter new syllabus guide||Buy here|
|CA Intermediate Group I||Buy here|
|CA Intermediate Group II||Buy here|
|Auditing and Assurance||Buy here|
|Financial Management||Buy here|
|Corporate and other laws||Buy here|
CA Intermediate 2020 Exam Centres
CA intermediate shall be held in 209 cities all over India. The Chartered Accountants examinations (CA Intermediate) 2020 will be held in the following cities:
Places of examination centres overseas.
- Abu Dhabi
CA Intermediate 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to fulfill/satisfy the below given eligibility criteria laid down by the conducting body. Applicants must go through the below given eligibility crteria before applying.
- You can apply for enrolment to any of the Group(s) of the Intermediate Course on passing the Foundation Examination
- An aspirant who has already passed Foundation Examination or Professional Education (Examination-I) or Common Proficiency Test (CPT) shall be eligible for enrolment to Intermediate Course subject to complying with relevant conditions.
- A candidate who has passed Common Proficiency Test and 10+2 examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by the central government as equivalent thereto may join for Intermediate Course with or without the option of Accounting Technician Course is also eligible to apply for IPCC course
- Those students who are graduates/Post Graduate in the Commerce stream securing aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks or candidates other than the commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of total marks or its equivalent conducted by any recognized University are eligible to apply for CA IPCC 2020 exam.
- Furthermore, candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by the Institute of Cost Accounts of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and can register directly to Intermediate (IPC) Course
CA Intermediate 2020 Registration
Candidates have to register for Intermediate Course under both routes by filling Online Registration Form available on ICAI websitein ?Course Registration Forms?
Following documents are to be submitted to concerned Regional Office within 7 days of the date of online registration along with the print out of the online registration form, duly signed by the student.
- Foundation Route students have to submit attested copy of marksheet of Class 12th or its equivalent
- Central government recognized examination pass marks statement.
- Direct Entry Route students have to submit attested copy of Graduation/ Post Graduation
- Mark statements/mark-sheet of Intermediate level examination of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India or theInstitute of Cost Accountants of India.
- One recent color photograph (affixed on the printout of the online successful registration form)
- Attested copy of proof of Nationality, if student is foreigner.
- Attested copy of proof of special category certificate,i.e, SC/ST, OBC, Differently abled.
Registration fee: Candidates through Foundation Route can opt for registration for Group I or Group II or both Groups of
Intermediate Course while Direct Entry Route applicants have to register for both the groups only. Payment of the fee is to be made as per the table given below.
|Group I/ II|
|Group I/ II|
|Registration Fee as |
Validity of Registration – Registration for Intermediate course is valid for 4 years from the date of initial registration / conversion. Renewal of registration can be done for further period of 4 years by paying Rs. 400/- to concerned Regional office. Students should have valid registration before applying for Intermediate Examination.
CA Intermediate 2020 Application Form
Candidates filling the online application form must ensure to fill the correct application before applying. Following are the details regarding application form.
Documents to keeo ready before filling the online application form.
- Copy of registration letter of group(s)
- Scanned copy of the Certificate of Service (wherever applicable)
- Master/Visa/Maestro Credit/Debit Card/Rupay/BHIM UPI for making an online payment,
Application form fee:
|Test Centres||Application Fee|
|For Indian Centers|
|Single Group / Unit 1 to 10 (except Unit 9) / Unit 4A to 7A||Rs. 1500|
|Both Groups / Unit 9 / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||Rs. 2700|
|For Overseas Centre(s) ? Excluding Kathmandu Centre|
|Single Group / Unit 1 to 10 (except Unit 9) / Unit 4A to 7A||US$ 325|
|Both Groups / Unit 9 / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||US$ 500|
|For Kathmandu Centre|
|Single Group / Unit 1 to 10 (except Unit 9) / Unit 4A to 7A||Rs. 2200|
|Both Groups / Unit 9 / Unit 8A / Unit 9A||Rs. 3400|
Mode of applictaion fee payment: Candidates can pay the application form fee through
- VISA or MASTER or MAESTRO Credit / Debit Card / Rupay Card / Net Banking / Bhim UPI.
Steps to apply online.
- Visit the official website.
- Provided details are to be checked for authentication.
- If the details are entered correctly candidate needs to click on” Save and Preview”.
- In case of an error click “Back to form”, edit the form
- Click on “Final Submit”
- The next step is to pay the fee, click on Make Fee Payment to pay the online application fee.
- After completion of all the above steps, download the duly filled application fee
CA Intermediate 2020 Result
Result for CA Intermediate 2020, shall be published online on the official website. To check the result, candidates can log in using their registration number/PIN and roll number. Along with the result, a merit list is also prepared and published online. To check the merit list test takers are required to enter their registration number or roll number.
If a student qualifies the Intermediate exam with 70% total of all papers, he/she will be considered passed with distinction. The CA Intermediate result along with merit list comprises of details of those candidates who secured a minimum of 55% and above marks and up to the maximum of 50th Rank on all India basis.
Rank certificate/ Merit list:
A candidate who fulfills all the following criteria is issued a rank certificate, indicating the rank secured by him/her:
- He should have passed examination in one sitting;
- He should not have availed of any exemption in any paper and
- He should have secured a minimum of 55 percent marks in aggregate
- Rank certificates are issued up to 50th rank, on All-India basis.
Requirements for passing CA Intermediate 2020
- A candidate may appear in Group I or Group II level(s), separately or simultaneously or in a Unit comprising of a set of papers of Group I and / or GroupII.
- A candidate, other than a candidate who has opted for Accounting Technician level, shall ordinarily be declared to have passed the Intermediate Examination if he passes in both Group I and Group II levels.
- A candidate shall be declared to have passed in Group I level or Group II level or unit, as the case may be, if he secures at one sitting a minimum of 40 percent marks in each paper of the group/unit and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all the papers of that group/unit.
- A candidate who passes at one sitting, the Intermediate examination, with seventy percent of the total marks for all the papers for that examination shall be considered to have passed the examination with distinction.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is the premier professional accountancy body of the country, established in July 1949 under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India. The Institute has its headquarters in New Delhi. Besides, it has five Regional Councils located in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, and New Delhi and 152 branches scattered all over the country. It holds qualifying examinations for its registered students and rewards membership to victorious candidates and certificates of practice to members planning to practice the profession.
Click here to check latest FAQs.
CA Intermediate 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Yes, since the same is required for informing your user-id and password to you for filling up the online examination application form.
Ans : You may refer to the announcement in this regard in the Students/Examination section of the official website.
Ans : Admit cards with photographs and signatures of all the eligible candidates will be hosted on the official website generally 14 days prior to the commencement of the examination.
Ans : “Unit scheme” refers to different combinations of papers of Intermediate (IPC) Examination which are required to be passed in one sitting (like a Group), meant for the candidates who have passed one of the groups in Intermediate Examination under the syllabus specified under Paragraph 2A of Schedule B of Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988
Ans : Upon successful completion of on-line registration, a message appears on the computer screen stating that your transaction is successful and giving further instructions on how to take a print out of your on-line application and send it to the concerned authorities.
Ans : Yes, if the application you have submitted contains them
Ans : Intermediate (IPC) Course is comprised of two levels viz. Group I and Group II with eight papers of 100 marks each
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.