CA Intermediate Result 2020 – The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) releases result for CA intermediate 2020 on icaiexam.icai.org, official website. To check the result, candidates can log in using their registration number/PIN and roll number. Along with the result, a merit list is also prepared and published online.Test takers are required to secure 70% marks to qualify the exam and to be considered passed with a distinction. Moreover, a pass certificate is also issued to those who pass both the groups of an examination, either together or group wise, within 60 days from the date of declaration of result. To know more details regarding CA Intermediate result 2020, scroll down the article.
CA Intermediate Result 2020
CA Intermediate result along with merit list comprises of details of those candidates who obtained a minimum of 55% and above marks and up to the maximum of 50th Rank on all India basis. Test takers can check the significant events related to CA intermediate result 2020 from the schedule given below.
|Events||May 2020||Nov 2020|
|CA IPCC Group 1 2020 exam date (Old & New scheme)|
|02nd, 04th, 06th and 08th Nov, 2020|
|CA IPCC Group II 2020 exam date (Old & New scheme)|
|10th, 12th, and 16th Nov 2020|
10th, 12th,16th and 18th Nov 2020
|Result declaration||To be announced|
Check result here: Test takers can check CA Intermediate result 2020 on icaiexam.icai.org
CA Intermediate Result 2020 – Passing Marks
Test takers need to qualify both the groups in CA intermediate 2020. A candidate shall be declared to have passed in both the groups simultaneously, if they satisfy the below given criteria of passing marks.
- If a candidate secure a minimum of 40 percent marks in each paper of each of the groups, viz., Group I and Group II levels, and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all the papers of each of the groups
- If a candidate secures a minimum of 40 percent marks in each paper of both the groups, viz., Group I and Group II levels, and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all the papers of both the groups taken together.
CA Intermediate 2020 Result – Grant of Exemption
If a candidate who appeared in any one group and has failed in one or more papers but has somehow secured 60% in any of the paper / papers then he / she is eligible for exemption in those papers for the 3 following or upcoming examination attempts.
Passing Criteria: When the result comes and when a candidate writes the remaining papers which he failed earlier, then at that time, he needs to score 40% in remaining individual subjects and a minimum of 50% of the total marks including the exempted papers.
When is Exemption Granted?
The exemption is granted only if the candidate was present in all the papers of the groups.
Other Important Instructions releated to Exemption:
- A student can check if whether he / she has exemption in a particular paper at icaiexam.icai.org.
- A candidate is not eligible for any further exemption in that particular group for the next 3 following attempts.
- Exemtions granted in paper are indicated by “#” against the marks awarded thereon and the result is indicated by “F-Ex” in the statement of mark
How to Check CA Intermediate Result 2020 ?
Candidates appeared in CA Intermediate can check their result on the official website. Results are published along with the merit list. Following are the steps to check result.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the link to check the result.
Step 2: Next, links for checking result for CA intermediate 2020.
Step 3: Once you click on the link, following page shall be displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Enter your roll number and PIN or registration number and click on check result button as shown above.
Step 5: Next, your result will be displayed on your screen. Check all the details and download the same for future reference.
CA Intermediate 2020 Merit List
Along with the result, a merit list is also published by the conducting body on the official website. The CA Intermediate result along with merit list comprises of details of those candidates who secured a minimum of 55% and above marks and up to the maximum of 50th Rank on all India basis. Following are the steps to check the merit list.
Step 1: Visit the official website and click on the link for result.
Step 2: There shall be links for CA intermediate merit list along with the list of result.
Step 3: Once you click on the link, following page shall be displayed on your screen.
Step 4: Enter your resgitation number/roll number as shown above.
Step 5: Once you enter the details, CA intermediate merit list shall displayed. Check the merit list and download same for future reference.
CA Intermediate Rank List 2020
A candidate who satisfies all the following criteria is issued a rank certificate which indicates the rank secured by him/her:
- Candidate should have passed examination in one sitting.
- Candidates should not have availed of any exemption in any paper
- Candidate should have secured a minimum of 55 percent marks in aggregate.
Note: Rank certificates are issued upto 50th rank, on All-India basis.
What after CA Intermediate Result 2020?
After the declaration of CA intermediate result 2020 following are issued to the candidates
- Statement of marks: After the declaration of intermediate result, a statement of marks will be sent via post. However, in case a candidate does not receive his/her statement of marks within 4-5 weeks from the date of declaration of results they must contact the concerned authorities.
- Pass Certificate: Pass certificate will be issued to those who qualify both the groups of an examination, either collectively or group wise., within 60 days from the date of declaration of result. However, in case you do not receive the same, for any reason, within 8 weeks from the date of declaration of results, concerned authorities must be contacted about the same.
Verification of CA Intermediate 2020 Result
Candidates can apply for verification of result of not satisfied with the marks by applying online with the required application fee for verification. A candidate can apply for verification, within a month from the date of publication of results, giving precise details of the following and pay the applicable fees:
- Student Name
- Student Registration No
- Exam-Intermediate (IPC)/Final/CPT
- Month and year of the exam
- Roll No
- Paper(s)/subjects to be verified
- Address for communication
Verification fee: The fee for verification of answer books is Rs.100/-per paper subject to a maximum of Rs.400/-for all the papers of a group/both groups/unit
Note: There is no provision for re-valuation of papers. Manual applications asking verification of answer books will not be entertained.
Withholding of Result
The result of such candidates whose qualification to appear in the exam could not be settled for want of submission of documentary proof by the examinees when called for, is likely to be withheld. Moreover, the result of candidates who indulge in unfair means is also liable to be withheld. Such candidates whose results are withheld, will be sent a written communication in this regard soon after the results.
There is no concept of “Improvement” of performance in CA Examinations. In other words, a student is not allowed to reappear in the group(s) of an exam previously passed by him.
About CA Intermediate 2020
CA Intermediate Course (IPCC) is the second level of the CA (Chartered Accountancy) course administered by the ICAI. The course is the term of 09 months and the exam is conducted twice a year annually in May and November. At the IPCC level, the course covers theoretical examinations as well as practical training in the form of compulsory computer courses. There are 11 subjects to be studied arranged into 2 groups of 4 papers of 100 marks each in Group I and 3 papers of 100 marks each in Group II.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is the premier professional accountancy body of the country, instituted in July 1949 under the Chartered Accountants Act, 1949, enacted by the Parliament to regulate the profession of Chartered Accountancy in India. The Institute has its headquarters in New Delhi. Besides, it has five Regional Councils located in Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur, and New Delhi and 152 branches spread all over the country. It operates qualifying examinations for its registered students and rewards membership to victorious candidates and certificates of practice to members planning to practice the profession.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.