ICSI CSEET 2021 – The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is conducting the CSEET re-exam on November 14, 2021 for absentees only. Candidates must note that the batch timings, User Id and Password for the CSEET to be conducted on November 14, 2021 shall be communicated by E-Mail / SMS to the candidates separately. Whereas the application form for ICSI CSEET 2021 January 2022 Exam has been released and the last date to submission of application form is December 15, 2021. The January session exam will be held on January 08, 2022. Candidates will be allowed to appear in the exam from their home by using their laptop or desktop. To pass the exam, the candidates need 40% in each paper and 50% as an aggreg,ate. CSEET is the first step of becoming a Company Secretary. Check more about ICSI CSEET 2021 from this page.
Latest – ICSI will organise the one more CSEET 2021 re-test on November 14, 2021 for those candidates could not successfully appear in the CSEET which was held on Saturday, November 13, 2021 and batch timings, User Id and Password for the re-test will communicate by E-Mail / SMS to the candidates separately. Download Notice PDF or check more details from below image.
Latest – ICSI has released the CSEET 2021 examination FAQs. Click here to check the details.
Latest – ICSI has released Mandatory SEB (Safe Exam Browser) download process for students appearing in CSEET 2021. Click here to check the details.
Latest – ICSI has released Technical guidance on how to appear for CSEET 2021. Click here to check the guidance.
Latest – ICSI has released the admit card for CSEET exam to be held on November 13, 2021. Click here to download it.
Latest – ICSI CSEET 2021 January registration is open until December 15, 2021. Apply online here.
Latest – ICSI has released the important notice for CSEET 2021. Check here
ICSI CSEET 2021
ICSI has scrapped CS Foundation. However, students who have passed CS Foundation programme are exempted from CSEET and they do not need to pay any exemption fee. Also, the students who have passed the final examination of ICAI and / or ICMAI do not have to appear for CSEET, provided they pay an exemption fee at the time of CS executive programme registration. Candidates who are enrolled in Foundation shall finish their course and then move to Executive course. For important dates of CSEET 2021, check the table below.
|Month of CSEET||Registration Period||CSEET Date|
(Saturday / Sunday)
Declaration of results
|May||16 Dec 2020 – 15 Apr 2021||08 May 2021|
10 May 2021 (Re-test)
|20 May 2021|
|July||16 Apr – 15 Jun 2021||10 Jul 2021 |
12 Jul 2021 – (Re-test)
|21 Jul 2021|
|November||16 Jun – 15 Oct 2021||13 Nov 2021|
14 Nov 2021 – (Re-test)
|4th week of Nov|
|January||16 Oct – 15 Dec 2021||08 Jan 2022||4th week of Jan 2022|
ICSI CSEET 2021 Registration
The registration for CSEET 2021 can be done in online mode only. The students must note that a softcopy of the documents is needed to complete the registration process. Thus the mentioned documents on the website must be kept ready.
Register for the CSEET January 2022 Exam: Click here to apply for ICSI CSEET 2022 January Exam.
To register for CSEET 2021, candidates can check the helpful steps below:
Step 1: Click on the direct link above and on the open window, read all the instructions.
Step 2: Fill all the basic details asked.
Step 3: Next, the candidates have to fill in their educational / qualification details
Step 4: Now the candidates have fill fee related details
Step 5: Upload all the documents needed
Step 6: Preview the application form, to do so click on “Confirm Application” button.
Step 7: Select the payment mode and pay the fee. A transaction Id is generated on payment of the fee, please note it for all future reference.
For a detailed registration process – Click here
Documents and their specifications to apply for CSEET 2021:
|Photograph of the candidate||size 20kb to 50kb||.jpg / .png|
|Signature of the candidate||size 10kb to 20kb||.jpg / .png|
(for availing Fee Concession)
|Max 2 MB||.pdf / .jpg / .png / gif / bmp|
Apart from the above also keep Identity proof (Aadhaar card / passport / voter ID / pan card / driving license / ration card) ready to fill the form.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Registration Fee
The registration fees for appearing in CSEET per student per appearance is given below:
|The registration fee for CSEET||Rs 1000|
ICSI CSEET 2021 Eligibility
To be eligible for ICSI CSEET 2021, candidates have to be eligible. The eligibility is given below:
- Candidates must be 10+2 passed
- All Graduates/ Post Graduates are also eligible
Exemption 1: Students who have passed the final examination of ICAI and/or ICMAI do not have to appear for CSEET. Such students have to pay an exemption fee of Rs. 5000 at the time of registration for the CS Executive Programme 2021.
Exemption 2: Students who have passed the CS Foundation programme are exempted from CSEET and they have to pay no exemption fee.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Admit Card
Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has released CS admit card 2021 online for the CSEET January session exam. To download the CSEET admit card, the candidates have to enter their unique request-id and date of birth. Candidates can also download the admit card with the help of the link provided below.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for each of the subjects is prescribed by ICSI. The students have to prepare as per the syllabus to prepare for CSEET 2021.
Paper 1: Business Communication: This subject basically tests the candidate’s knowledge of Basic English Grammar and Critical Aspects of Business Communication.
Essentials of Good English
- English Grammar and its Usage – Noun, Verbs, Pronoun, Adjectives, Adverbs, Conjunctions, Prepositions, Voice, Articles, Interjections, Tenses, Prefix and Sufix, Punctuations etc
- Enriching Vocabulary – Choice of Words, Antonyms and Synonyms
- One-word Substitution
- Common Errors in English
- Idioms and Phrases
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Arrrangement
- Sentence Correction
- Foreign Words and Phrases Commonly Used
- Comprehension of Passages and Art of Summarizing
- Words commonly mis-spelt
- Words with multiple meaning
- Concept of Communication
- Significance and Meaning of Good Communication
- Business Communication – Principles and Process
- Means of Communication – Written, Oral, Visual, Audio-visual
- Choice of Modes of Communication
- Communication Networks – Wheel, Vertical, Circuit, Chain, Star
- Commonly Used Mediums of Digital Communication such as email, sms, voice mail, multimedia, mobile phone conferencing, teleconferencing, video conferencing etc
- Listening skills – Types, Purpose, Steps to Effective Listening, Barriers to Effective Listening and ways to overcome them
- Business Letters – Its essentials, types, parts and salutations
- Positive messages, negative messages, persuasive messages
- Concept of web, internet, e-correspondence
- Intranet-Benefit and Purpose
- Email-Features, Email Etiquettes, Procedure to write formal email
- Essential Elements of Email – Subject Line, Formal Greeting, Target Audience, Clarity and Conciseness, Proof Reading, Feedback
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Email
- Business Reports, Inter and Intra-Departmental Communication – Office Orders, Office Circulars and Notes, Memorandum, Management Information System
Common Business Terminologies
- Terms defined under various Laws, Rules and Regulations including Financial and Non-Financial Terms and Expressions
Paper 2: Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
This section tests the basic understanding of the concepts of the Law, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning skills.
Part A: Legal Aptitude
- State Under Constitution
- Fundamental Rights and Fundamental Duties
- Directive Principles of State Policy
- President and Governors
- Council of Ministers and Prime Minister
- Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Legislative Assembly and Legislative Council
- Supreme Courts and High Courts
- Landmark Amendment in Constitution
- List of subjects- Centre, State and Concurrent
Elements of General Laws (Indian Contact Law and Law of Torts)
A. Law of Contract
- Offer, Acceptance, Consideration and Competency of Contract
- Performance of Contract
- Frustration of Contract
- Types of Contact: Void, Voidable and Unenforceable
- Quasi Contract
- Breach of Contract and Remedies
B. Law of Torts
- Basic Torts
- Specific Defenses
- Nuisance and Negligence
- Strict, Absolute and Vicarious Liability
- Malicious Prosecution
Elements of Company Secretaries Legislation
- The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Role of Company Secretary in Employment
- Role of Company Secretary in Practice
- Vision, Mission, Motto and Core Values of the Institute
- Company Secretary Under Companies Secretaries Act, 2013
- Company Secretary Under Companies Secretaries Act, 1980
Elements of Company Law
- Meaning and Nature of Company
- Types of Capital
- Incorporation of a Company
- Business Ethics
- Ethical Dilemma
- Board Meetings & Shareholders Meetings
- Board of Directors
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Legal Fundamentals and Terms
- Legal Terminology and Maxims
- Legal Problems – Reading and Misunderstanding a case
- Legal Reasoning – Reasoning by Analogy, Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
- Questions of Fact or Factual Issues
- Questions of Law or Legal Issues
- Landmark Judgments of Supreme and High Court
- Reading Comprehension
Part B: Logical Reasoning
- Cause and Effect Reasoning
- Number Test
- Coding and Decoding
- Drawing Inference
- Sequence and Series
- Statement and Assumptions
- Deriving Conclusions from Passages
- Alphabet Test
- Alpha-Numeric Sequence Puzzle
- Assertion and Reason
- Blood Relations
- Decision Making
- Inserting Missing Characters
- Logical Venn Diagram
- Logical Sequence Test
- Number, Ranking and Time Sequence Test
- Truth Tellers and Liars
- Analytical Reasoning
- Figure Matrix
- Completion of Incomplete Pattern
- Grouping of Identical Figures
- Rule Detection
- Mirror Image
- Numeric and Alphabet Series
Paper 3: Economic and Business Environment
- This section generally tests the understanding ofconcepts of Macro and Micro Economics with a focus on Indian Economic System. It also tests the understanding of various crucial elements of business environments.
- This section is of total 50 marks where; Part A Economics is fo 25 marks and Part B Business Environment is also of 25 marks.
Part A: Economics
Basics of Demand and Supply and Forms of Market Competition
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Equilibrium Price
- Elasticity of Demand Supply and Other Related Concepts
- Increase and Decrease in Demand and Expansion and Contraction of Demand
- Forms of Market Competition such as Monopoly, Oligopoly, Duopoly, Perfect Competition and Monoplistic Competition
National Income Accounting and Related Concepts
- Meaning and Methods to Compute National Income
- Key Variables of National Income like GDP, GNP, NNP, NDP etc
Indian Union Budget
- Revenue and Capital Budget
- Key Terminologies / Heads Covered Under the Budget
- Meaning of Fiscal Deficit
- Major Components of Revenue and Capital Budget
- Components / Variables Covered Under Fiscal Deficit
Indian Financial Markets
- Overview of Indian Financial Ecosystem
- Key Facets of Indian Financial System
- Growth of Financial Institutions
- Public and Private Sector Banks
- Industrial Finance Corportaion of India, Small Industries Development Bank of India
- Regional and Rural Banks
- Co-operative Banks
- Non-Banking Finance Companies
- Basics of Capital Market: Types of Shares and Debuntures
- Financial Assitance Scenario for Small and Medium Enterprises and Start-Ups
- Primary (Agriculture and Allied Activities)
- Secondary (Manufacturing)
- Tertiary (Services)
- Current Scenario of Agriculture and Allied Activities in India
- Agricutural and Industrial Policies in India
- Balance of Payments
- Components of Balance of Payments
- Favorable and Unfavorable Balance of Trade
- Foreign Investments in India – Types and Flows
Part B- Business Environment
- Government Initiatives to Foster entrepreneurship
- Need for entrepreneurship in India
- Bottlenecks in Entrepreneurial growth
- Overview of Business Environment
- Features and Factors Influencing Business Environment
- Types of Environment
- Ease of Doing Business Index by World Bank For India and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade for States
Key Government Institutions
- Basic awareness about various institutions and regulatory bodies in India such as NITI Aayog, SEBI, RBI, CCI, NCLT/NCLAT etc.
Paper 4: Current Affairs, Presentation and Communication Skills
How is ICSI conducting CSEET as a Remote-Proctored Test?
– Must have the valid id proof and admit card at the time of examination.
– Applicants should login 15 minutes before the test.
– Candidates are not allowed to login 15 minutes after the commencement of the test
– No candidate was allowed to complete the test before the expiry of 90 minutes
– Any candidate were not allowed to keep any book, study material, hand-written or printed notes, pager,e earphone, mobile phone, calculator, bluetooth device, smart watch, health band etc at the time of exam.
– Candidates were not allowed to use pen / paper and pencil at the time of the test.
– Any other person apart from the candidate were allowed at the time of the test. Furthermore, the candidates were not allowed to converse with anyone or read the questions / answers aloud.
– Candidates have to give the test from laptop only (mobile / table were not allowed).
– there were live proctors at the time of the test.
– The candidates were not allowed to take bio-breaks between the test.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Exam Pattern
There are 2 parts of CSEET 2021 – A) CBT B) Viva – voce
A) Pattern of CSEET 2021:
- Time: The test is of 120 Minutes.
- Subjects in the test: There are 4 subjects in the test
- Total marks: The total marks of the test is 170 marks
- Type of questions: Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions with one option correct
- Marking scheme: 1 and 2 marks in each question. There is no negative marking.
The distribution of marks in the subjects is given in the table below:
|Subject||Questions||1 marks + 2 marks ques||Total marks|
|Business Communication||35||20 + 15||50|
|Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning||35||20 + 15||50|
|Economic and Business Environment||35||20 + 15||50|
|Current Affairs||15||10 + 5||20|
B) Pattern of CSEET 2021 Viva-voce:
For the May 2021 session, exam is going to be conducted in the remote-proctored test. Moreover,The Viva-Voce portion has been removed from the test and presentation and communication skills as a topic have been introduced in the entrance examination itself.
- Marks: The viva-voce is of a total 30 marks
- Conducted when: simultaneously with or immediately after the MCQ based CBT through online mode using artificial intelligence (AI) or through recoded videos at the designated test centers.
- Duration: 15 minutes
Total scores of CSEET 2020 = CBT + Viva-voce (170 + 30 = 200 marks)
ICSI CSEET 2021 Result
ICSI announced CSEET 2021 result online, at icsi.edu. The result is announced as a scorecard, in which marks of the candidates in each subject, along with the total marks are given. In order to check the result of ICSI CSEET 2021, the candidates need CSEET registration number and date of birth. The candidates qualify the exam can apply for the executive course.
- It should be noted that ICSI does not sends CSEET result-cum-mark-statement via post or any other offline medium.
ICSI CSEET 2021 Minimum Qualifying Marks
The candidates have to secure minimum qualifying marks to pass CSEET 2021. It is as given below:
- Candidates have to get 45% marks in each paper for the CBT.
- In aggregate (CBT + viva-voce) the candidates have to get a total of 50% marks.
Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) is a premier national professional body set under an Act of Parliament to regulate and develop the profession of Company Secretaries. Presently ICSI has over 11,000 members holding a certificate of practice and around 3,00,000 students are presently pursuing the CS course by ICSI.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.