JEST 2021 – Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi, conducts the JEST 2021 in offline mode. The exam date for Joint Entrance Screening Test i.e JEST 2021 has been released at jest.org.in. The duration of the exam is 3 hours. Candidates are given admission into the n Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D programmes on the basis of merit obtained in the examination. They are allotted seats into the 32 participating institutes. Candidates should note that the result for JEST 2021 is valid for one year only. Scroll below to check out the eligibility criteria, application form, syllabus, exam pattern and result for JEST 2021.
Latest: The dates for JEST 2021 is available now. Scroll below to know more.
A common examination of JEST 2021 is held for Ph. D. and integrated Ph. D. programmes. Candidate can appear for the examination as number of times, they wish to. There is no restriction on the number of times to appear for the same .JEST examination is conducted for two subjects only, namely, physics and theoretical computer science. Candidates can appear for one of them, not both simultaneously. Shown below are the important dates.
|Release of application form||11 Jan 2021|
|Last Date to apply||14 Feb 2021|
|Application Form Correction||to be notified|
|Release of admit card||to be notified|
|Exam Date||11 Apr 2021|
|Release of answer key||to be notified|
|Last date to challenge answer key||to be notified|
|Result||to be notified|
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should read and check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form for JEST 2021. It is as follows.
M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes)
- The candidate should have done M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics for admission in IIA.
- The applicant must have completed B.E. or B.Tech for admission in IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- For admission in IUCAA, candidate should have done M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics.
- For admission in IPR, the applicant must have done MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics.
- For admission in SNBNCBS, the applicant should have done M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry.
- For TIFR, B.Tech Eng. Phys. Must be completed.
- M.E./ M.Tech in Applied Physics will be considered at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- Candidate must have done M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- The applicant must have completed M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science.
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- The applicant must have completed M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- For admission at SNBNCBS, the applicant must have completed B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics).
- For IMSc, the candidate must have completed B. Sc. (Physics).
- For IIA, the applicant must have completed B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, are considered at NISER.
- For admission into IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS, the applicant must have completed B.Sc. (Physics).
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. is considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
For Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines is considered.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics are considered.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline is considered.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
JEST 2021 Application Form
The official authority releases the application form for JEST 2021 on the official website. Candidates can only apply online only. They must have a valid email id for the same. Candidates can scroll below to check out the application fee for JEST 2021.
Application Fee: Candidates can pay the fee for JEST 2021 application form with the help of online payment modes like net banking / credit card and debit card.
- General – Rs. 400/-
- SC / ST / Gen-Female – Rs. 100/-
- SC / ST Females – None
How to apply?
- First, register and enter email id and then submit it.
- Then, username and password is sent to the candidate, click on the apply link to fill form.
- Now login with the sent username and password and fill form with personal details, academic records.
- Then, Select the discipline of JEST exam, select the test centre.
- Thereafter, upload documents and pay application fee.
JEST 2021 Test Centres
Candidates can check out the list of all the test centres for JEST 2021. They are as follows.
JEST 2021 Selection Procedure
The official authority has levied the following selection procedure for JEST 2021 Admission in the 32 participating institutes.
Stage 1: JEST 2021 i.e a common entrance test held in the pen and paper mode. The applicants must note that the JEST question papers are normally not made available.
Stage 2: Selected candidates are then called for the interview session at the participating institutes.
JEST 2021 Admit Card
SERB, releases the admit card on the official website i.e jest.org.in. Candidates need to login with their username and password to download the same. No candidate is allowed to enter the test centre without their JEST 2021 hall ticket and a valid identity proof. The JEST 2021 Admit Card comprises of important information like name of candidates, test centre name and address, timings, roll number etc.
JEST 2021 Syllabus
As per the official website, the questions are based on the general syllabii of graduation and post-graduation level courses offered by various Indian universities and institutions. Candidates can check out the sample papers for the respective disciplines from below.
As per last year,
- Click here to download the Physics sample paper 2020.
- Click here to download the Physics syllabus 2020.
- Click here to download Physics sample paper 2017.
- Click here to download the TCS sample paper.
JEST 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates who want to ace the examination with flying colors, must read and understand the JEST 2021 Exam Pattern from below.
For Physics Paper
Type of Questions: There are MCQ type of questions.
Number of alternatives: There are 4 alternatives.
Number of Sections: The question paper is divided into 3 sections i.e Part A and Part B and C
Language: The JEST 2021 is held in English language.
Marking Scheme: The official authority has prescribed the following marking scheme.
- For correct answers: 3 marks are allotted in Section A
- For Section: There is no negative marking.
Paper Pattern: It is as follows.
|Parts||Number of Questions||Marks|
Important Books for JEST 2021 Exam
Candidates can also prepare with the help of these following books for JEST 2021 examination.
|Name of Books||Purchase Links|
|Introduction to Algorithms||Buy Here|
|Mathematics Methods in Physics||Buy Here|
|Quantum Mechanics||Buy Here|
|Physics of Atom and Molecules||Buy Here|
|Classical Mechanics||Buy Here|
JEST 2021 Answer Key
After the commencement of JEST 2021 exam, the official authority releases the preliminary answer key for JEST 2021 on the official website. Candidates can download it in pdf format for their respective sets. In case, the candidate is not satisfied with any question / answer, then they can raise an objection draft and send an email to [email protected] Candidates must also submit a proof in support of their claims.
JEST 2021 Result
The official authority releases the JEST 2021 Result on the official website. Candidates need to login with their username and password to check the same. The result for JUST 2021 is valid for one year. Selected applicants have to appear for the interview session at the participating institutes. Candidates are informed about the interview details via e-mail.
JEST 2021 Cut Off
The official authority devises the cut off for JEST 2021 examination. However, it has not been declared yer. As per last year, the cut off is.
|MSc / Integrated Ph.D||26|
JEST cut off for past year.
|MSc / Integrated Ph D.||35|
JEST 2021 Participating Institutes
The following participating institutes accept the JEST 2021 score for admission into various courses. Candidates can check out the list from below.
- Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences, Nainital: Astronomy and Astrophysics, and Atmospheric Physics.
- Bose Institute, Kolkata
- Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai
- Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Allahabad
- International centre for theoretical sciences (TIFR), Bangalore
- Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupathi
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- Institute of Physics, Bhubaneswar
- Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
- Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, Pune
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore
- National Brain Research Centre, Manesar
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR, Pune
- National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
- Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
- Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, Indore
- Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
- Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- Satyendra Nath Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore
- Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Kolkata
Ques 1. Is JEST 2021 held in offline mode?
Ques 2. How can I download JEST 2021 result?
Ques 3. Is interview round conducted conducted by JEST?
Email at [email protected]
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.