|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||20 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
JEST 2018 is the Joint Entrance Screening Test for PhD programmes in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science, Neuroscience. JEST is recognized as a National Eligibility Test (NET) by the Science and Engineering Research Body (SERB) for sponsored programmes and projects. Get here complete details of JEST 2018 exam.
Expected Schedule for Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) 2018 is given below.
|Submission of JEST 2018 online application started from||Nov 2017|
|Last date for online applications and payments||Dec 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||Jan 2018|
|JEST 2018||Feb 2018|
|JEST 2018 Result||Mar 2018|
JEST Quick Links
- Physics Syllabus
- Physics Sample Paper
- Theoretical Computer Science Sample Paper
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
Expected Cities, where the JEST 2018 examination will be conducted – Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Aligarh, Bangalore, Bardhaman, Bhubaneswar, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Guwahati, Indore, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Kochi, Madurai, Mumbai, Nainital, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Silchar, Siliguri, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Udaipur, and Visakhapatnam.
JEST 2018 Application Form
To apply online, applicants must create an account using a valid email-id. This account will remain valid from the time of account creation till one month after the date of declaration of results, for that year. Email-ids are linked to the created account as well as to the application, and will be used for all communications with the applicants. Therefore, the email-id should be active and must not be changed during this period. To submit application online applicants must login to the created account and complete the application form. After submission, an unique submission number will be sent to your email-id. Please save all the emails sent to you and the unique submission number must be quoted by the applicant for any communication with the JEST authority.
- Link will be available here..!!!
The steps for submission of JEST 2018 On-line application form are
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an email-id.
- To register, the candidate has to click on the “register to appear for the exam” link in the Homepage. You will receive an email with your account information after registering with a valid email-id. Follow the instructions given in the email for resetting your password and further login.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password. Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button only when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using the State Bank of India i-collect facility. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After ONLINE submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. NO modification will be allowed after this.
JEST 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is B.Sc. for Integrated Ph.D. and M.Sc. for Ph.D. programmes. Students in the final year of these courses are also eligible to appear for JEST 2018. Additionally in some institutions B.Tech./B.E/M.E/M.Tech/4 year B.S. may also be eligible for Phd/Int-Phd programmes.
Ph.D. Programme – Physics
- M.Sc. in Physics or M.Sc. / M.E. / M.Tech. in related disciplines.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics / Applied Physics / Applied Mathematics / Optics and Photonics / Instrumentation / Electronics will also be considered at IIA.
- B.E. or B.Tech. will also be considered at IISc, IMSc, ICTS-TIFR, IUCAA, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, RRI, IISER Mohali, IISER Pune, IISER Thiruvananthapuram and SNBNCBS.
- Talented final year B.Sc. and first year M.Sc. in Physics / Electronics / Astronomy / Applied Mathematics students may also apply to be pre-selected for research scholarship at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics will also be considered at IPR. At TIFR, only B.Tech Eng. Phys. and M.Sc. Physics are eligible.
Ph.D Programme – Theoretical Computer Science/ Neuroscience / Computational Biology
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / M.C.A. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science. Visit website of IMSc for further details. M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science for Ph.D. in Neuroscience at NBRC.
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems for Ph.D. in Computational Biology at IMSc.
Integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. – Ph.D. Programme
- At HRI, IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, SNBNCBS, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS candidates with a Bachelor’s degree will also be considered for the integrated M.Sc., Ph.D. programme in Physics.
- At IMSc, graduates with Bachelor’s degree in science/ mathematics/ /statistics /computer science/information technology/Engineering will also be considered for admission in Physics and in Theoretical Computer Science, as part of an integrated Ph.D. programme. All candidates successful in the course work of this programme shall be awarded an M.Sc. degree.
- At SNBNCBS, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics) / B.E. / B.Tech. degree will be considered for the integrated Post-B.Sc.-Ph.D. programme in subject areas mentioned above.
- At IIA, graduates with B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered.
- At NBRC, B.Sc. (Physics/ Mathematics) & B.E./ B.Techi (Computer Science) will be considered for integrated M.Sc-Ph.D in Neuroscience.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- Graduates with M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics / B.E. / B.Tech. degree in subjects mentioned above will be considered. Visit IIA website for details.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER, Thiruvananthapuram
- Graduates with Bachelor’s degree in Physics/Technology/Engineering will be considered for the Int. Ph.D. programme in Physics.