JEST 2020 Application Form – Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) has released JEST application form online at jest.org.in. Last date to submit JEST application form 2020 is December 14, 2019. It is released for admission in Ph.D/ Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes of Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). The application fee is Rs. 400 for other category candidate and Rs. 200 for SC/ST and female applicants. Check all the details related to JEST 2020 Application Form including process of application form, eligibility criteria below.
Latest: JEST 2020 Application Form has been released. Apply from the direct link below. .
JEST 2020 Application Form
As per the newspaper reports, 7283 candidates applied for Ph D and 6654 candidates registered for MSc/Integrated Ph D programme. Candidates can check the schedule for the release of JEST form 2020 in the table below.
|JEST 2020 Application form||Important dates|
|JEST 2020 form fill up starts from||11 Nov 2019|
|Last date to submit JEST application form||14 Dec 2019|
|Issuance of JEST 2020 admit card||after 22 Jan 2020|
|JEST 2020 Exam date||16 Feb 2020|
Apply here: Click here to fill JEST 2020 application form.
JEST 2020 Application Fee
To submit the JEST 2020 application form, candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee as per their category:
|Female candidates from SC/ST category||fee exempted|
Mode of Payment – Candidates can pay the above-given amount of the application fee by either of the following modes:
- Debit card – Visa/ SBI Maestro/ RuPay/ MasterCard/ Maestro
- Credit card – Visa/ MasterCard
- Net banking
List of Banks for Net Banking for payment of JEST 2020 application fee
|State Bank Group||List – ‘A’||List – ‘B’||List – ‘C’|
|State Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Overseas Bank||ICICI Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Central Bank of India|
|Dena Bank||Deutsche Bank|
|Indian Bank||HDFC Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab National Bank|
|United Bank of India||Union Bank of India|
|City Union Bank|
|Catholic Syrian Bank|
|ING Vysya Bank|
|Jammu & Kashmir Bank|
|Karur Vysya Bank|
|South Indian Bank|
|Tamilnadu Mercantile Bank|
|Lakshmi Vilas Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Bank of India|
|Janata Sahakari Bank|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank|
|Punjab & Maharashtra Coop Bank|
|Shamrao Vitthal Coop. Bank|
Bank Transaction Charges – For online payment, candidates have to pay the following amount of transaction charges for online payment as mentioned in the table below:
|Channel||Amount Rs.||Pricing in Rs.|
|State Bank Group||All amounts||Rs. 5/- per transaction + Taxes|
|Other Banks in SBIePay Pipe||All amounts||Rs. 8/- per transaction + Taxes|
|Other Banks (List B – 6 Banks)||All amounts||Rs. 20/- per transaction + Taxes|
|Other Bank (ICICI Bank)||All amounts||Rs. 25/- per transaction + Taxes|
|Debit Card All Banks (Master/Maestro/ Visa/ RuPay)||Up to 2000/-||0.70% of the transaction amount + Taxes|
|2001/- & above||0.90% of the transaction amount + Taxes|
|Credit Card (Master/Visa/AMEX/RuPay)||All amounts||1.10% of transaction amount + Taxes|
|IMPS – Mobile Payments||All amounts||Rs. 10/- per transaction + Taxes|
JEST 2020 Application Fee Refund Policy
The application fee submitted by the candidate is non-refundable under any cirmcustances. It is not refunded to the candidates even if their application form is rejected due to any reason. However, under few conditions, the application fee of JEST 2020 shall be refunded. These are:
Case 1 – If a candidate has made double payment by mistake, a refund is considered only on bringing it to the notice of the coordinator of JEST 2020 by mail within 7 days of making such payment.
Case 2: If the amount has been refunded from the candidate’s account but has not reached JEST 2020 account. in such a case, the amount is automatically refunded by the Payment gateway provider on bringing the issue to the notice of Payment Gateway service provider.
JEST 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Several institutes participate in the selection procedure of JEST. Different institutes have different eligibility for courses. Here are the tentative eligibility for admission to M.sc, Ph.d, and integrated/ M.sc/ M.tech
PhD program (physics)
- M.sc in physics.
- Some institutes accept B.E/B.tech/Msc/M.E/M.tech in disciplines of applied physics and maths.
- M.sc in mathematics/ applied physics/ applied physics/ optics and photonics/ instrumentation/ electronics at IIA.
- B.E or B.tech at IISc, IMSc, IUCAA, ICTS- TIFR, JNCASR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR-TCIS, IISER thiruvananthapuram, IISER pune, IISER Mohali, RRI.
- M.sc in physics/ electronics/ astronomy/ applied mathematics at IUCAA.
- MSc in Physics, Engineering Physics or Applied Physics at IPR.
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Applied Mathematics, Biophysics or Biochemistry at SNBNCBS.
- B.Tech Eng. Phys at TIFR.
- M.E/ M.tech in applied physics at NISER.
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.E/M.tech/Msc/MCA in any engineering discipline.
PhD in Neuroscience at NBRC
- B.E/B.tech/ MCA ,Msc (physics/maths).
PhD in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B.sc (physics/maths) at SNBNCBS.
- B.sc physics at IMSc, IISER pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, TIFR TCIS.
- Bsc (physics/maths)/B.E/b.tech Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.sc/B.E/B.tech/MCA in computer science or a related discipline.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.sc (physics/applied physics)/ Post B.sc(hons.) in optics or optoelectronics/radiophysics and electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER Thiruvananthapuram
- B.sc(physics) or B.E/B.tech in any discipline
M.sc programme at HRI
- B.sc (physics) or B.E/B.tech in any discipline.
Documents Required for JEST 2020 Application Form
It is advised to the candidates to keep the following listed documents ready with themselves for filling in detaisl in JEST 2020 form. This will ensure that the candidates provide only correct information in the form.
- Class 10th certificate
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Degree marksheet
- Scanned image of candidate’s photo and signature as per the format and specification
- Debit/ credit card for making the online payment
Image Specification for JEST Form 2020
In the JEST application form 2020, candidates have to upload the scanned image of their passport size photo and signature as per the specification and format. The specifications for uploading the images are provided in the table below.
|Images to upload||Format||File size||Dimension (width x height)|
|Photo||jpeg||should not exceed 50 Kb||100 X 125 pixels – minimum |
240 x 300 pixels – maximum
|Signature||jpeg||should not exceed 50 Kb||150 x 30 pixels|
Checklist for uploading the images in JEST application form
(i) Photo should be taken against a light background, preferrably white.
(ii) Candidates must scan only the area of the image and not the whole sheet
(iii) Signature should be done by the candidates only and in running handwriting style
(iv) Signature done in CAPITAL LETTER is not acceptable
Details Given in JEST 2020 Application Form
In the JEST application form, you have to fill up the following information:
- Full name of the candidate (as in Class 10th certificate)
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Candidate’s address
- City/ Village – Enter here the name of the city/ village you reside from
- Contact number
- Email id
Educational Qualification details
- Qualified/ qualifying degree
- Year of passing
- % of marks
- Class/ division/ grade
- Name of the college
- Name of the university
- Class 10th/ SSC details – Name of the board, Year of passing, %of marks, class/ division/ grade
- Class 12th/ Intermediate/ HSC – %of marks, year of passing, name of the board
- Graduation/ Professional qualification details – Duration of the course, name of the degree, name of the university/ college
- Choose Course. JEST dicipiline, and test centre
- Give at least three (03) preferences for JEST test centre
- Select if PWD, SC/ST/OBC, Domicile for J&K
How to fill the JEST 2020 Application Form?
The aplication form for JEST 2020 is released an dhas to be submitted by online mode only. No offline form is released for the candidates. Hence, to apply online, follow the step-by-step instructions as provided below for JEST form fill up.
Step 1: Register
- Click on the direct link which is going to be provided on this page to register for JEST 2020 exam
- To create your account, enter your email id and then submit it.
- Next, you will recieve an email id for further instruction regardign the JEST registration process. Furthermore, you will get your username and password on your registered email id.
- Open you account, and then click on the relevant link to reset your password or simply log in by copyign pasting the link.
Step 2: Log in to your account
- Next, you have to log in to your account using the username and password.
- Submit the login details and then proceed to fill in details in the application form.
Step 3: Fill in details in the JEST application form
- In the jest application form, you have to provide your personal details, academic records
- Then you need to select the discipline of JEST exam, select the test centre, etc.
- Upload the scanned images in the application form
- Next, proceed to pay the required amount of the application fee.
Step 4: Pay the application fee
- Finally, pay the required amount of the application fee and submit the application form.
- On completion of the above-given steps, candidates can take a print out of the application form.
JEST 2020 Examination Centres
In the Jest application form, candidates need to give at least 03 preferences for the test centre. Check the complete list of test cities from the table below.
JEST 2020 Admit Card
Admit card for JEST 2020 will be available online. Candidates can download their admit card by entering their user ID (email address) and password. While downloading JEST 2020 Admit Card, candidates are advised to check their name, User ID, examination city, test centre, date and time of examination is mentioned. Also, candidates must bring admit card of JEST 2020 to the examination centre along with their valid ID proof. keep your JEST 2020 Admit Card safe for future stages. You can follow these steps to download and check your Admit Card.
- Visit the official website, jest.org.in.
- Click on the link ‘admit card JEST 2020’.
- Enter your login credentials.
- On the next page, admit card will appear.
- Click on the link to download your JEST admit card.
About JEST 2020
Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is organised each year to test the eligibility for admission to M.sc, Phd, integrated/M.sc/M.tech/Phd programs. The Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB) recognises JEST as National eligibility Test (NET). Candidate is selected after qualifying for JESt and the interview round which is organised by the institute. Each institute has different eligibility for admission.Many institutes like IISER Pune, HRI, ICTS, JNCASR, etc participate in the selection procedure of JEST.
JEST 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : No. a common entrance exam is conducted for both the programs.
Ans : There is no such limitation in the number of times a candidate can appear.
Ans : There is no such age limitation. However, each institute has different eligibility criteria.
Ans : Questions asked in the question paper are usually based on the syllabus you have studied in graduation and post-graduation level. You can practise sample paper provided by the JEST authority.
Ans : The application fee is not refundable. Fee should be paid at the time of submitting the application form. Fee should be paid online.
Ans : Email-id is used as your user id and password is of your choice. These will help you to create an account with JEST for submitting an online application form.