JEST 2021: Admit Card for JEST 2021 has been released on July 13, 2021. Candidates can download it from the official website at jest.org.in. JEST 2021 exam will be held on July 25, 2021. Joint Entrance Screening Test 2021 (JEST) is conducted to provide admissions in the Ph.D./ Integrated Ph.D. programs in Physics, Theoretical Sciences (TCS), Neuroscience, Computational Biology in one of participating institutes. Get here complete details of JEST 2021 like the application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus etc.
Applicants seeking admission for a Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience or Computational Biology in one of the Participating Institutes may appear for the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) at one of the Exam Centers. Schedule for JEST 2021 is given below.
|JEST 2021 application form available from||11 Jan 2021|
|Last date to apply for the exam||19 Feb 2021|
|Last date for online payment of Application Fee||22 Feb 2021 up to 5:00 pm|
|Center Change Facility||30 Jun 2021 up to 06:00 pm|
|Availability of admit card||13 Jul 2021|
|JEST 2021 exam date||25 Jul 2021, at 10:00 am|
JEST 2021 Application Form
Applications for JEST 2021 can be submitted online only. Before filling the online application form, the candidate is requested to read the following instructions carefully.
The Application process is over now.
Application Fee: An Application Fee of Rs. 400 (Rs 200 for SC/ST, Female applicants ONLY) is required to be paid along with the application which can be paid online using Debit/Credit cards and Net-banking. Payment by any other mode will NOT be accepted.
How to apply for JEST 2021?
- Register yourself before you login.
- To register, the candidate has to click on the “Create new Account” link in the Homepage.
- Login to the JEST homepage with your username (your email-id) and password.
- Fill the form and save it, or, modify an already saved form. Press the “Submit Application” button ONLY when you have inserted and checked all the mandatory entries.
- Upload jpg files of your Passport size photo and scanned signature.
- Pay the application fee online using SBI Epay. Please check the FAQ for details of the payment process.
- After ON-LINE submission of the application form and successful e-payment of the application fee, your submission procedure will be considered complete. NO modification will be allowed after this.
JEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria of admission to M.Sc, Ph.D, and Integrated / M.Sc / M.Tech. Ph.D programs in the participating institutes are given below.
Physics – M.Sc. in Physics (all participating Institutes).
Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. in Computer Science and related disciplines, and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Ph D in Neuroscience at NBRC
- M.Sc (Physics/ Mathematics), B.E/ B.Tech/ M.C.A in Computer Science
Ph D in Computational Biology at IMSc
- M.Sc./ M.E. / M.Tech. / MCA in any engineering or science discipline, with good mathematical skills and strong interest in biological problems.
Integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech – Ph.D Programme (Physics)
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) will be considered at SNBNCBS.
- B. Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IMSc.
- B.Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical / Instrumentation / Engineering Physics / Electronics and Communications / Computer Science and Engineering / Optics and Photonics will be considered in IIA.
- B.Sc (Physics) or B.E./B. Tech in Engineering Physics , with a minimum of first class marks, will be considered at NISER.
- B.Sc. (Physics) will be considered at IISER-Pune, ICTS-TIFR, NCRA-TIFR, and TIFR-TCIS.
- B. Sc. (Physics / Mathematics) / B.E. / B.Tec. will be considered for Integrated M.Sc – PhD at Bose Institute.
Integrated Ph.D Programme in Theoretical Computer Science at IMSc
- B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.C.A. in Computer Science or related disciplines and should be interested in the mathematical aspects of computer science.
Integrated M.Tech – Ph.D. Programme at IIA
- M.Sc. (Physics / Applied Physics) / Post-B.Sc. (Hons) in Optics and Optoelectronics / Radio Physics and Electronics.
Integrated Ph.D. Programme at IISER IISER. Thiruvananthapuram.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E. / B. Tech. in any discipline.
M. Sc. Programme at HRI.
- B. Sc. (Physics) or B.E./B.Tech. degree in any discipline
- HRI is starting a new M.Sc. programme in Physics from 2017. The Integrated Ph.D. programme in Physics at HRI is discontinued from 2017.
There is no age limit for JEST exam.
JEST 2021 Admit Card
Those who apply on time get the admit card of JEST 2021. Important things to know about it are as follows.
- JEST 2021 admit card is released online at jest.org.in.
- You have to download it by logging in with email or username and password.
- Check exam center, date, time on it.
- Also note instructions from exam day.
- Carry the hall ticket printout and other documents mentioned in it to the exam center, on the exam day.
JEST 2021 Test Centre
JEST 2021 will be held in the following cities.
About JEST 2021
As the name suggests, Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) is basically a screening test for admission in Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D programme in different participating institutes. JEST is conducted for two subjects namely Physics and Theoretic Computer Science / Neuroscience. The test comprises multiple-choice questions. The validity of JEST score is one year. Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai is the organising institution for JEST 2021.
JEST 2021 Frequently Asked Questions
Ans. You can appear for the JEST examination in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science but not for both.
Ans. No. A common examination is conducted both for Ph. D. and integrated Ph. D. programmes.
Ans. No, there is no such restriction on the number of times one can appear for the JEST examination.
Ans. JEST score is valid for only one year.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.