ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 – The entrance exam for admission to the Ph.D. Research Programme is done on the basis of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) JRF entrance examination scores. The neyranceexam is conducted by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) and ICMR together in 12 center in India. ICMR JRF entrance exam 2020 date is July 12, 2020. The exam is held in offline mode and ppearing and passed candidates of M.Sc/ M.A. degree with a minimum mark of 55% can apply for ICMR JRF 2020 examination. To apply for the ICMR JRF entrance exam 2020, online application form is released on pgimer.edu.in / icmr.nic.in. Scroll down to get more information like exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, etc.
Latest: The exam date of session 2020 and session 2021 for ICMR JRF 2020 Exam has been released. Candidates can check it from below contents.
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020
The entrance exam acts as an eligibility of indian national candidates for the award of JRF through ICMR. Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) is awarded when the entrance exam qualified candidates find placement in a medical college /hospital / university / national laboratory / institution of higher learning and research. The JRF is initiated as soon as the candidates register for Ph.D. However, it must be done within 1 year from the date of issue of JRF award letter. For important dates of ICMR JRF entrance exam 2020, check the table below.
|Event||Sep 2020 session dates||Sep 2021 session dates|
|Date of opening of Registration||to be announced||to be announced|
|Last date for filling of online application||to be announced||to be announced|
|Last date of fee deposit through payment gateway||to be announced||to be announced|
|Downloading of admit card||15 days before the exam||15 days before the exam|
|ICMR JRF Exam||12 Jul 2020||11 Jul 2021|
|Result declaration||to be announced||to be announced|
ICMR JRF 2020 Exam Date Notification
ICMR has released the exam dates for ICMR JRF 2020. Candidates can check the dates from below:
ICMR Fellowhip is offered in the below given areas:
1. For work in the field of biomedical sciences with emphasis on Life Sciences (like microbiology, physiology, molecular biology, genetics, human biology, biotechnology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, immunology, pharmacology, Nursing, zoology, botany, environmental sciences and veterinary medicine)
2. For work with emphasis on social sciences like psychology, sociology, home science, statistics, anthropology, social work public health/health economics
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form
Officials release the application form for ICMR JRF 2020 only on the official website. So candidates are required to fill the application form from pgimer.edu.in or icmr.nic.in. Firstly, the candidate must ensure that tey are eligibelf or ICMR JRF entrance exam 2020. Then to reguster for eentrance exam, they can follow the steps below:
- To complete the registration process, candidates have to enter personal details, contact details and qualifying details in the application form.
- Once the candidate submits all the information then they are registered. Details for logging into the account created and filling the application form is sent in the email ids of the candidates.
- Fill the application form and upload the documents as needed.
- After the successful submission of the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee via debit/ credit card or net banking.
- At last, candidates are must to download and take 2 print outs of the confirmation page nd the applicationform for further use.
The following fee structure is as per previous year information-
- General and OBC applicants: Rs. 1000/-
- SC, ST, and PD applicants: Rs.800/-
Mode to apy the application fee: Online, using any one of the below modes:
- Net banking, or
- Credit card, or
- Debit card
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before filling online applications, candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria given at the website pgimer.edu.in or icmr.nic.in. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for ICMR JRF 2020 from below:
- Candidate must possess M.Sc/ M.A. degree or its equivalent with the aggregate marks of 55% (General/ OBC) from a recognized university.
- 50% marks are required for SC/ ST/ PH/ PH category candidates in the M.SC/ M.A. degree.
- Those candidates who are in the final year of the M.Sc/ M.A. degree or who have waited for the final result can apply for ICMR JRF 2020.
- The upper age limit of the candidate should be 28 years as on September 30, 2020.
- 3 years of age relaxation is given to OBC category candidates.
- 5 years of age relaxation is given to SC/ ST/ PH/ VH category candidates.
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 from below:
- Duration of exam: The exam lasts for 2 hours
- Language of exam: Exam is conducted in English language.
- Number of questions: Exam paper consists of 150 questions.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions are asked in the exam.
- Number of sections: Exam paper consists of 3 sections.
- Marking scheme: One mark is awarded for the correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Section A||Aptitude Test|
|Section B||Life Sciences|
|Section C||Social Sciences|
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Minimum Qualifying Marks
Those candidates who wish to appear for ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 have to secure minimum qualifying marks in order to pass the exam. The qualifying marks of ICMR JRF is given in the table below:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|SC/ ST/ PH||50%|
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Admit Card
Candidates are intimated about the admit card through the email. Candidates have to go on the official website and click on the “Print Admit Card” link to access their respective hall tickets. After that, they have to enter the registration number and password to download the ICMR JRF admit card. Information about when to download the admit card is sent to the candidaes via their registered email ID. Admit cards are issued 15 days before the conduction of the exam. Candidates have to carry the printed copy of the admit card at the exam centre for verification.
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 202 Exam Centre
As per previous year information!
- Srinagar (J&K)
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Answer Key
Candidates can download the answer keys of ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 from the official website. Answer key are uploaded after 3 days of the exam. Candidates can calculate their probable score with the help of answer keys and by using the marking scheme. Thus, aspirants get an idea whether or not they qualify the test. Those who qualify the test become eligible for fellowhip. Once the answer key releases, candidates can download it and save it in their system for future purposes also.
Challenging th answer key: If any candidate will find any discrepancy in the answer key then he/ she can inform the professor in-charge of the examination cell via prescried email id within 48 hours after uploading of answer key. Once the officials verify the objection then they upload the final answer key on the official website.
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020 Result
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) Examination Result is announced on the official website, pgimer.edu.in / icmr.nic.in. Also, the candidaes who qualify the entrance exam are notified by post and e-mail. The result is uploaded on the website in the form of a list in PDF fomat. Only those who secure the minimum marks in the ICMR JRF entrance exam 2020 can check their name on the list of qualified candidates.
Types of merit lists for ICMR JRF 2020
2 separate merit lists are drawn based on the performace of the candidates in ICMR JRF 2020 entrance exam. The same is given below:
- One comprising the candidates qualifying for life science
- Second for those candidates qualifying for social sciences
The candidates selected for the JRF programme of ICMR would be permitted to enroll themselves for the Ph.D. programme in subjects of biomedical/health research of any University/Medical college recognized by the UGC/MCI.
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMR) was established in 1962. It was founded by Tulsi Das, Santokh Singh Anand, P N Chuttani, B N Aikat, Sant Ram Dhall and Bala Krishna. It is situated in Chandigarh, Haryana. It provides research and training facilities in the field of medicine to the students. The institute accepts medical trainees from other countries for elective training in any of its departments. PGIMER grant admission to the various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programme on the basis of entrance exam.
To know more details about ICMR JRF Examination 2020, candidates can download previous year brochure- download information brochure
ICMR JRF 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : The official website is pgimer.edu.in and icmr.nic.in.
Ans : Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) conducts ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2020
Ans : The eligibility requirements is that a candidate must have M.Sc./M.A. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks for General/OBC candidates and 50% for the SC/ST, Physically Handicapped (PH) & Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates.
Ans : Yes, there is. The age limit is 28 years as on 30 Sep 2020. This age limit is relaxed by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST, Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) and female candidates, and by 3 years in the case of OBC category.
Ans : The syllabus is prescribed by ICMR and is available with the brochure.
Ans : The candidates have to apply using the online application form available at pgimer.edu.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.