ICMR JRF Result 2021 – The result for ICMR JRF 2021 test will be announced by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on icmr.nic.in. Roll number is needed to check the ICMR JRF result. With the result, a merit list for the qualified candidates is also released. The candidates whose names appear in the merit lists are eligible to recieve Junior Research Fellowship awards for their work in the field of biomedical sciences. The candidates can check this page to get detailed information about ICMR JRF 2021 Result.
Latest: ICMR JRF entrance exam will conduct on July 11, 2021. Scroll down to check the official notice.
ICMR JRF 2021 Result
The number of fellowships to be awarded will be updated on this page once officially announced. The result of ICMR JRF test is usually announced in the month of September every year. This year it will be delayed due to a pandemic situation. The successful candidates are intimated through email and post. Check important dates regarding ICMR JRF 2021 Result from the schedule table provided below.
|Event||Sep 2021 session dates|
|ICMR JRF Exam||11 Jul 2021|
|Result declaration||to be announced|
Check Result: Link to check the result will be available here as per official announcment.
- Click here to check the ICMR JRF 2020 Result.
ICMR JRF Entrance Exam 2021 Notice for the Exam Date
- Click here to download exam date notice.
How is ICMR JRF 2021 Result Calculated?
The result for the exam is calculated on the basis of the marking scheme of the exam and the answer key published by the ICMR. Check the marking scheme used by ICMR to prepare the result. However, note that this is based on last year’s information brochure.
- +1 mark is awarded for each question that is correctly answered.
- -0.25 marks are deducted from the total marks for every incorrect answer.
- The final score is calculated by adding marks for the correct answers and deducting marks for all incorrect answers,
Qualifying Marks for ICMR JRF 2021 Result
The Indian Council of Medical Research specifies the minimum qualifying marks that a candidate needs to score in the exam in order to qualify. The candidates can check the qualifying marks, required aggregately, specified by ICMR below. Note that this is based on previous year’s information brochure.
- General Category candidates: 55%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 55%
- SC/ST: 50%
- Persons with Disability (PwD): 50%
How to Check ICMR JRF 2021 Result?
Candidates who have appeared for the ICMR JRF exam can check its result by following the instructions given below:
Step 1: Click on the direct link that is provided above on this page to check the result.
Step 2: Select the course and enter roll number in the given field.
Step 3: Submit the details and the result is going to appear on the screen.
Step 4: Download ICMR JRF 2021 Result and save it for future purposes.
ICMR JRF 2021 Merit List
The result of ICMR JRF is released in the form of merit lists. The candidates who filled the application form and took the test can check the merit list from the official website of ICMR, icmr.nic.in. The Indian Council of Medical Research prepares 2 separate merit lists. One of these lists details the candidates who qualify for Life Sciences while the other one lists those candidates who qualify for Ph.D in Social Sciences. The selected candidates are eligible to pursue Ph.D (Biomedical/Health Research) course in any UGC/MCI recognized medical university/college in India.
ICMR JRF 2021 Emoluments and Stipends
After the declaration of ICMR JRF 2021 result, the qualifying candidates are eligible to avail benefits of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme as detailed in the following points. This information is based on last year’ information brochure.
- For the first 2 years of Ph.D programme, the candidates receive a stipend of Rs 31,000 per month along with a contingency grant of Rs 20,000 per annum.
- The performance of the candidates is analysed annually by means of annual progress reports.
- After 2 years of completion of Ph.D as JRF, the stipend of the candidate is increased to Rs 35,000 per month if the candidate’s progress is satisfactory. In such a case, the fellow is going to be designated as SRF (Senior Research Fellow). The maximum duration of SRF is 3 years.
- However, if the performance of the candidate is unsatisfactory, he/she might continue as JRF or his/her fellowship may be terminated.
- Hence, the total duration as JRF + SRF cannot exceed 5 years.
About ICMR JRF 2021
ICMR in collaboration with PGIMER (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research) organizes a national level test for the award of ICMR JRF (Junior Research Fellowship). The test is an eligibility test which is conducted on 2nd or 3rd sunday of July every year at various centres across the country. M.Sc/ MA/ an equivalent degree passed/ final year appearing students can apply online through icmr.nic.in or pgimer.edu.in. The applicants have to download the admit cards and appear for the test, which consists of compulsory Aptitude Test and subject specific questions on life sciences / social sciences. Based on ICMR JRF 2021 result, the fellowships are awarded, subject to verification of original documents.
ICMR JRF 2021 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can check the result of ICMR JRF 2021 at icmr.nic.in.
Ans : No. You can only check the result online from the official website no result is sent via post or any other medium.
Ans : After the ICMR JRF result is out, the qualifying candidates are eligible to avail benefits of the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme.
Ans : The qualifying marks for general category candidates is 55%, for OBC it is 55%, for SC / St it is 50% and Persons with Disability (PwD) is 50%.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.