IISER one of most renowned Institute of India in the field of Science and Research. To promote high-quality science education, research, and training, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, has set up seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Tirupati. The program integrates classroom learning with research and provides ample scope for multidisciplinary interactions. The formative (first/second) years of the program consist of core courses in basic sciences, the subsequent years are dedicated to specialization in chosen science subjects and the final year includes a research project. The training during the program enables students to pursue a career in academia, R&D institutes, and science-based industries.
IISER Aptitude Test 2018
IISER conduct entrance exam in order to provide admission to candidates in five year long BS-MS dual degree programme. Application portal for admission to all IISERs for the academic year 2018 has opened in May 2018. Candidates able to appear for the Aptitude Test for admission to the five IISERs. The choice of IISER where a candidate wants to appear for Aptitude Test and counseling needs to be indicated at the time of filling online application form.
|Application portal opens||24 May 2018|
|Last Date of Application||12 Jun 2018|
|Admit Card available from||18 Jun 2018|
|IISER Aptitude Test||24 Jun 2018|
|Result/Merit List||03 Jul 2018|
|Submission of SAF for first round begins||04 Jul 2018|
|Last Date for submission of SAF for final round of allotment begins||21 Jul 2018|
|Semester Begins From||Late July or Early August 2018|
Answer key for IISER Aptitude Test has published the question paper and answer keys on the official website after the completion examination process. The final IISER answer key 2018 has been published after considering all the objections raised by any candidates. Evaluation of examination papers will be done on the basis of the final answer key and results will be announced. Candidates are advised to carefully cross-check answer keys with question paper of similar set in order to get a Correct idea about their marks.
Answer Key: Click Here to check the revised answer key.
IISER Application Form 2018 will be avaible for interested candidates. Candidates will able to fill the IISER application form 2018 for admission to 5 Year BS-MS dual degree programme. IISER application form is common for all the five IISERs in India. The form submission process will be online.The choice of IISER where a candidate wants to appear for Aptitude Test and counseling needs to be indicated at the time of filling on-line application form.
Hall tickets for the IISER Aptitute Test will be available for downloading on the official website. They will get the admit card for IISER admission 2018 on website. Admit Card will contain the name, roll number, date of birth, exam center, photo, sign etc on the admit card. It is mandatory to carry the admit card while appearing for the exam. Without the admit card, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Note: Download your hall ticket for IISER Aptitude Test (SCB channel) by logging into the application portal.
The format of the aptitude test is as follows:
- Multiple-choice questions in four subjects –- Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with equal weightage
- 15 questions in each subject (total: 60)
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Evaluation: +3 (correct response), 0 (no response), -1 (wrong response)
It is conducted in various cities across India. The details of the test centres will be available on this website soon. Choices for the city where the candidate wishes to write the aptitude test have to be indicated while completing the online application form. A single city may have multiple centres for the aptitude test. The hall ticket will have the centre details printed. If the examination cannot be conducted in any of the centres due to unforeseen reasons, the candidate would be allotted an alternate centre.
To download model papers for IISER Aptitude Test –
- Go to IISER Admission Main Page.
- Download Model Paper I and II as given on the page.
IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus
IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus of Mathematics
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric Functions
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations
- Linear Inequalities
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Straight Lines
- Conic Sections
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Limits and Derivatives
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Continuity and Differentiability
- Application of Derivatives
- Applications of integrals
- Differential equations
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Linear Programming
IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus of Physics
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electronic devices
- Communication Systems
IISER Aptitude Test Syllabus of Chemistry
- Some Basic Concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Redox Reactions
- The s-block Elements
- The p-block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Environmental Chemistry
- The solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of elements
- The p-block elements
- The d- & f-block elements
- Coordination compounds
- Haloalkanes and haloarenes
- Alcohols, phenols and ethers
- Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
- Organic compounds containing nitrogens
- Chemistry in everyday life
IISER Aptitude Test Biology Syllabus
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
- Cell structure and function
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
- Syllabus follows a general guideline of NCERT syllabus for class XI and XII
Official Website: www.iiseradmission.in
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.