|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
CMAT 2018 is conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). As per the tender released for conducting of the computer based test, the CMAT 2018 will be conducted on 3rd or 4th week of January. Common Management Admission Test 2018 is expected to be conducted in 60 cities, on a day in one session. The online registration for CMAT exam 2018 will start in the month of October 2017 and the candidates will have two months to apply. After applying they can download admit card of CMAT January 2018 exam from the website. CMAT 2018 Result will be declared online 7 days after the examination has been conducted. Get here complete details of AICTE CMAT 2018 such as dates, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, registration, admit card, result.
Candidates who wish to get admission in MBA or related program in AICTE recognized institutions, and have a Bachelors degree, can apply for CMAT 2018. Candidates with a valid CMAT score can apply for MBA / PGDM / PGCM / Ex-PGDM and similar program admission 2018-2020 in various colleges that accept CMAT scores.
Important Dates of AICTE CMAT 2018
|Registration opens at aicte-cmat.in||Oct 2017|
|End of application form submission for CMAT January 2018||Dec 2017|
|Admit card available||Jan 2018|
|Exam date||3rd or 4th week of Jan 2018|
|Result announcement||Withing 7 days of exam|
|Print out of score cards||Feb 2018|
Eligibility conditions to be met for CMAT 2018
Eligibility conditions are given below as per the last year.
The candidates shall have to satisfy all the eligibility conditions so as to apply for the examination.
Nationality: Indian nationals are eligible to apply for common management admission test.
Academic Qualification: The candidate must have completed the graduate-level education in any discipline.
- Final year students of graduate courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for the academic year 2018-19 can also apply for CMAT online exam.
CMAT Online Registration 2018
CMAT 2018 Application Form will be available as per schedule. Aspiring candidates must have to register them online for this exam. Also, in the meantime, the candidate must have to verify their eligibility. Read the details regarding the CMAT Application Form here.
- The aspirant can apply for the CMAT by visiting the link given on application form page.
- It is required to enter the genuine details in CMAT Registration 2018 such as personal information, contact details, academic details and a lot more.
- After the completing the required details, the next step is payment procedure.
- The candidates must submit the application form by the specified deadline. Once the specified dates are past, the candidates will not be able to submit the form as the links for the same will expire.
There are two modes in which a candidate can do payment. The fact that there were two modes of payment last time has been used to indicate projections for upcoming CMAT Exam. However, if there are any changes to this, it will be updated when AICTE releases CMAT 2018 Notification.
Mode 1: Online
- Select ONLINE PAYMENT and do the payment by using the credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The aspirant will receive an email or SMS confirming the same after the successful payment.
Mode 2: Cash Payment
- Select the option PAY BY CASH and download the challan. Take three (3) printouts of challan. Go to the nearest branch of SBI and pay the cash. Cash payment will be accepted only on the next day of the challan generation.
Application fee (Last year)
|General / OBC||Rs 1400 + Bank charges|
|Female / SC / ST / PWD||Rs 700 + Bank charges|
CMAT 2018 Exam Centers
Here is the tentative list of test cities for CMAT 2018:
CMAT 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card/call letter/hall ticket will be uploaded in the month of January 2018.
- The e-hall ticket will be issued only to the online mode and the candidate can download the same by using the required information such as registration number.
- The Hall ticket is the compulsory document which is required to bring in the examination hall so as to appear in the examination.
- Admit card carries the essential information such as name, roll number, date and venue of the exam, reporting time and a lot more.
- AICTE CMAT 2018 hall ticket is strictly not transferable. The candidates must be get updated regarding the release of the admit card and should stick the schedule.
CMAT 2018 Exam Pattern
As CMAT 2018 is one of the most prestigious and toughest exams, therefore, it is required to know the exam pattern of the same. CMAT is the online test which is conducted in AICTE. The candidates are required to go through the paper carefully so as to familiarize with the same. The CMAT 2018 Exam Pattern is illustrated here.
Duration: 180 minutes (3 hours) will be given to solve the paper.
Sections: The paper is divided into four sections.
No. of Questions: There are 100 total questions in the exam.
Type: The exam is objective type with multiple options and only one possible answer.
Mode: CMAT 2018 is an online based exam.
- For each correct answer, FOUR (4) marks will be awarded.
- For each wrong response, ONE (1) mark will be subtracted.
- The exam will be of total 400 marks.
No. of Questions: 100
|Section||Maximum marks||No. of questions|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||100||25|
|Total||400 marks||100 questions|
CMAT 2018 Syllabus
AICTE does not have a defined syllabus for CMAT exam. Following are the major topics to be covered in each section of CMAT
- Language Comprehension
It covers comprehensive English test which includes the test of grammar, tenses, vocabulary, jumbled paragraphs and reading comprehension.
- Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation
Data interpretation segment will require basic calculation skills, the topics from which most of the questions appear in quant are arithmetic (ratios, mixtures, work, averages, profit & loss, basic statistics etc), number properties, probability and counting principles with one or two odd questions in geometry and derivatives (i.e. maxima –minima).
- Logical Reasoning
This segment has topics related to linear, seating, sequencing & arranging with conditions to coding. Other questions are based on statement-conclusion, logical puzzle, numerical puzzle, Venn Diagram, true/false statements, visual reasoning etc.
- General awareness
This section can be divided into three parts and each part has to be given due weight age. Conventional GK, Current GK, Economics GK.
CMAT Preparation Strategy
Candidates must have already started preparing for the CMAT 2018 exam. Here are a few more preparatory tips for candidates to prepare better for the CMAT 2018 exam:
- Practice all the topics in the syllabus. Do not leave any topic for the last few days. This is the right time to practice and polish your knowledge. Do not burden yourself with any new topic, formula or shortcut right before the exam. Simply focus on assimilating whatever you have learned in the last few months.
- Start analyzing your performance by appearing in mock tests. A lot of mock tests are available online. Candidates should try giving as many mock tests as they can to build up their speed and understanding for the examination.
- Candidates should have a clearly defined strategy and sequence of attempts. Candidates should invest a major chunk of their time into the Mathematics and Reasoning section.
- To prepare well for the GK section be thorough with all the news and current affairs that have happened in the last 6 months.
- Expect the Reasoning section to be lengthy and Maths section to be challenging. Hence, do not get stuck at one question and keep moving forward. Don’t lose confidence if you cannot answer a question.
- Spend at least a few hours of your day on a daily basis towards reading newspaper headlines, editorials, magazines etc. Try to be as diverse as possible in choice of topics ranging from politics, economics, technology, and sports. This will relax your mind, help in comprehension and add to your GK repository.
- Please ensure that you sleep well for a minimum of seven-eight hours during the night.Maintain a healthy diet and do not take a mock on the day before your CMAT exam.
CMAT 2018 Answer Key
The CMAT 2018 Answer Key may not be issued after the common management admission test. AICTE holds CMAT as an online exam and thus does not make an available answer key. If there is a change in how the exam is held this year, and answer key is released, answer key of CMAT will then contain the accurate responses to the questions asked in the exam paper. In case any coaching center also releases it, it will be released after AICTE CMAT 2018. The answer key is often released by the unofficial sources which will be easily available over the internet. The aspirant can easily estimate their marks with the help of the released unofficial answer keys.
CMAT 2018 Result
The CMAT 2018 Result will be published 7 days after the CMAT exam 2018. CMAT 2018 results would be made available on the official website. Candidates would be able to view their all India merit list, State merit list and score card from the website. Candidate can download their score card in a pdf format from the official website.
CMAT 2018 Cutoff
The cutoffs will be released with the results of admission and seat allotment. Cut off CMAT 2018 refers to minimum scores which must be obtained by the candidates in the written exam in order to get merit listed. The cutoffs will be released separately for all the reservation categories and general category. Once the CMAT 2018 cutoff has been released, the candidates will be able to form an idea of the college they would be able to apply for. This idea can be made more concrete by comparing the cutoffs for the previous year.
CMAT 2018 Selection Rounds after Results
- Once the results have been released after 7 days of the exam, the candidates that have qualified the AICTE CMAT 2018 will be called for the next rounds of selection. The next rounds will be GD and PI or written ability test in the CMAT 2018 selection process.
- The GD will be a standard Group Discussion which may comprise of discussion on a topic allotted prior the GD. The candidates may or may not be given some time to jot down a few points.
- Generally, the GD is not kept as the elimination round in most of the colleges. But, the selection process of CMAT 2018 at the college level will be specific to the policies of the college itself. Hence, the variation can be there.
- After the GD, the candidates will be called one by one for the personal interview or analysis of the written ability which will also vary from college to college. The candidates will be judged on the basis of answering ability, the presence of mind, general knowledge and perspective and the overall fitness of the candidate in the profession and studies.
The final merit will be released at the college level and its release will mark the completion of CMAT 2018 Selection Process.
CMAT 2018 – AICTE CMAT 2018 is to be conducted in the month of January 2018 by the official authority. Check the latest updates regarding the CMAT 2018 here on this page.
If you have any queries regarding CMAT 2018, please ask in the comments below.