FDDI AIST 2018 was conducted for UG and PG admission. The Footwear Design and Development Institute was conducted All India Selection Test on April 27, 28, and 29. The application form for FDDI 2018 have been closed. Candidates can apply from the link below. The admission in the institute will only be granted on the basis of merit. Check more details on FDDI AIST 2018 from this page.
FDDI AIST 2018
The FDDI offers admission to various UG courses such as B.Sc. – Footwear Design & Production, Retail & Fashion Merchandise, Fashion Leather Accessory Design and PG courses such as M.Sc. – Footwear Design & Production, Retail & Fashion Merchandise, CAD/CAM. Check all the important dates for FDDI 2018 from the table below:
|Online Registration process starts||28 Nov 2017|
|Last date for submitting the application form|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Released|
|Entrance Test date||27, 28, 29 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Result||21 May 2018|
|Counselling Process for UG and PG Programmes will begin from||12 – 17 Jun 2018|
|Last date for Fee submission||1st Jul 2018|
|2nd Round of Counseling||16-19 Jul 2018|
|Date of Reporting at the allotted Campus of FDDI||31 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Program||1 Aug 2018|
- B. Des. (Footwear Design & Production)
- B. Des. (Leather Goods & Accessories Design)
- B. Des. (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- B. Des. (Fashion Design)
- M. Des. (Footwear Design & Production)
- MBA (Retail & Fashion Merchandise)
- M. Des. (CAD)
For UG Programs
- Age Limit: The Maximum age limit for a candidate to apply in UG program is 25 Years as on 25th July 2018.
- Educational Qualification: Should have pass 10+2 / Intermediate.
- The candidates appearing in 10+2 examination are also eligible to apply.
For PG Programs
- Age Limit: There is no age limit for applying for PG programs
- Educational Qualification:
- M. Des.- Footwear Design & Production: Candidate is required to be a Graduate in Footwear / LGAD / Design / Engineering / Production / Technology or any other related programme.
- M.Des- CAD: Candidate is required to be a Graduate in Footwear / LGAD / Design / Engineering / Production / Technology/Fine arts or any other related programme.
- M.B.A (Retail & Fashion Merchandise): Graduate in any discipline
- The applicants can apply through online mode only.
- To apply online candidate will be first required to register at fddiindia.com.
- A candidate can apply for more than one programme by paying for a single registration form. If a candidate wishes to apply for multiple programmes, the candidate has to fill the programme code in accordance to their preference of programme as given in the Registration Form.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form
- Upload scanned copy of the photograph (size not more than 60 kb) and signature (size note more than 30 kb)
- Verify the details provided in the online application are correct or not. After verifying the details, submit the application form, by clicking the Submit button.
- Finally, make payment of the registration fee of Rs. 500/- via Debit/Credit card.
The Admit card for FDDI AIST 2018 has been uploaded at the Institute’ s website. The date, time and center of the entrance examination will be printed on the admit card. It is mandatory for the candidate to carry a hard copy of the admit card with photograph pasted on it at the examination center. Along with the admit card, candidates need to bring a valid identity proof such as Voter’s ID Card/ Passport/ Driving license/ Identity Card issued by the previous institution.
- Duration of the Test: 2½ hours (Two and half hours)
- Medium of the Questions: English and Hindi languages.
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Number of Questions: 200
|For UG Programme|
|D||Business Aptitude Test SectionD (BAT) for B.Des- RFM or Design Aptitude Test(DAT) for Design Programmes (B.Des-FDP, B.Des-LGAD & B.Des-FD)||50|
|For PG Programme|
|B||English Comprehension & Analytical Ability||50|
|C||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50|
|D||Management Aptitude for Management Programmes for MBA-RFM or Design Aptitude Test (DAT) for Design Programmes M.Des-FDP & M.Des-CAD||50|
- Each question carries 1 mark
- There is no negative marking for any incorrect answer.
Candidates can check the sampke papers for UG & PG programmes from below.
- Click Here to view the sample paper for UG Programme.
- Click Here to view the sample paper for PG Programme.
|Category||Reservation of Seats|
|Differently abled candidates||3%|
The result for the FDDI All India Selection Test will be declared online at the Institute website. An All India Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in AIST 2018. The candidates who will make through the merit list will be called for FDDI Aist 2018 Counselling.
- After the declaration of the result, the selected candidates will be allotted programme & campus on the basis of their rank and preference. The successful candidate shall be called for the counseling in the order of the rank.
- Admissions will be strictly on the basis of merit basis and counseling/admissions shall continue till all the seats are filled-up.
- The number of candidates called for the counseling should be more than the actual number of seats.
- It is important that the selected candidates should appear for the counseling in person along with the relevant documents.
Mandatory Documents to bring at the time of Counselling
The candidates are required to bring the following documents in originals & 1 set of self-attested photocopies of each:
|UG programmes||10th Certificate & Mark sheet (Attested)|
|12th Certificate & Mark Sheet (Attested)|
|PG Programmes||10th Certificate & Mark sheet (Attested)|
|12th Certificate & Mark Sheet (Attested)|
|Semester-wise/year wise Mark sheets and Provisional/Degree Certificates (Attested)|
Other Relevant Documents
- Four recent passport size color photographs
- Character Certificate from the Principal of last attended School/College or any Gazetted Officer
- Medical Fitness Certificate/Undertaking of Medical Fitness in the original.
- Caste Certificate/Disability Certificate (If applicable).
- Caste Certificate issued by a Competent Authority of the respective States/ Union Territories. (if applicable)
- Please upload necessary Mark Sheets/Scorecards of Exam for which you are claiming exemption (only for those who have not appeared for AIST-2018 & opted for exemption).
For more information about FDDI AIST 2018, download Information Brochure.