Maharashtra MBBS Admission Through NEET 2020- Directorate of Medical Education & Research releases the notification for admission into MBBS courses for 2020 session. The candidates who wish to apply for admission to MBBS in the in all Government / Corporation / Government Aided / Government Unaided / Minority Institutions in the state of Maharashtra must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions. Interested aspirants need to register online on official website mahacet.org. In the online application, candidates need to provide the required details and submit it before the last date, with complete payment. Candidates can check complete details about Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020 in the article below.
Maharashtra MBBS Admission Through NEET 2020
The Admission Committee will publish an All India merit list as well as the State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates on the basis of the marks obtained in NEET 2020. There shall be a common counselling for admission to MBBS course in all Medical Education Institutions on the basis of merit list of NEET. From the below table you can check the schedule of Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020.
The expected schedule for Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020-
|Declaration of NEET 2020 Result||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Online Registration / Application form||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Payment of registration fees through the online payment gateway||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Publication of registered candidate’s list||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Document verification for NRI Candidate at 9th Floor, Admissions Regulating Authority, A.K. Nayak Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400 002||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Physical Document verification at centres||4th week of Jun 2020|
|Declaration of Seat Matrix||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Provisional State Merit list||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Online Preference (Choices) Filling Process||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Declaration of Selection List of 1st Round||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Last date of Joining to the selected College during 1st Round||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Academic Session||1st week of Aug 2020|
The given eligibility criteria is based on last year information and for reference purpose only.
The candidates applying for Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020 must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as laid down by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research, Government of Maharashtra. The eligibility criteria are given below:
|1||Nationality||The applicants must be an Indian citizen.|
|NRI candidate is eligible for institutional quota seat only, NRI Candidate will not be eligible for other seats.|
|Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Candidate will be eligible for Government / Corporation / Government Aided / Private unaided college for the academic year 2020-21 only. Provided such candidate has passed 10th& 12th from the State of Maharashtra and should be a domicile of Maharashtra or staying in a state of Maharashtra for a minimum period of 10 years.|
|2||Domicile||Must be a domicile of Maharashtra|
|3||Age criteria||Should have completed 17 years of age|
|4||Medical fitness||Should be medically fit and will be required to submit a certificate of medical fitness at the time of Document Verification|
|5||Educational Qualification||Must have passed the SSC (Class 10th) and HSC (Class 12th) or equivalent examination from an Institution situated in the state of Maharashtra|
|6||Subjects||The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) at the time of admission|
|7||Qualifying Marks||The candidates belonging to General Category should have obtained not less than 50% (i.e. 150 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination|
|A candidate belonging to the constitutional reservation with Person with disability claim must have obtained not less than 40% (i.e. 120 out of 300) marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination. A person with disability candidate in General category must secure not less than 45% marks (i.e. 135 out of 300) in Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) taken together at the HSC (or equivalent) Examination or decided by respective central council.|
|8||NEET 2020 Cut Off Percentile||A candidate belonging to open category must secure not less than 50 percentile marks in NEET 2020|
|A candidate belonging to the constitutional reservation and constitutional reservation with Person with disability claim must secure not less than 40 percentile whereas Person with disability candidate in General category must secure not less than 45 percentile marks in NEET 2020.|
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Registration
Application form for Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020 will be released on the official website and direct link to fill the same will be provided below. Candidates are advised to ensure the eligibility criteria before applying for the admission. Candidates are solely responsible for online payment of fees before the last date, failing which online application will be rejected.
Expected Application Fee: Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1000/-. Candidates must note that the application fee is not refundable.
The applicants can apply online for Maharashtra MBBS admission at official website.
- In the online application, candidates have to fill in the details such as Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, and other details as required.
- Candidate should note the password created by Him/Her and keep in safe custody. It is necessary for further login
- Applicant’s email id and mobile number will be used for further correspondence. It is the responsibility of the candidate to keep them active throughout the process.
- After filling in the required details, before final submission of the online application form, ensure that the information provided is correct. If the candidate commits any mistake in filling the online Application Form, it can not be corrected later. The Office will take no responsibility of any kind for such forms. Hence candidate should submit the form carefully.
- Candidate has to make the Payment through Online Payment Gateway only. The Online Payment charges, if any, are to be borne by the Candidate.
Note: On completion of the above-mentioned steps, the candidates can take print out of the completed application form and keep it with themselves for future reference. The applicants need not require to submit the hard copy of the application form.
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Counselling
Only those candidates will be eligible to participate for the counselling whose name appears in the merit list. The DMER shall conduct various rounds of counselling depending on the availability of seat. The complete process of Maharashtra MBBS Counselling has been explained below:
- Admission to MBBS for the academic year 2020 will be done online by way of filling of the “Preference Form” on mahacet.org. Only those candidates will be allowed to fill Preferences (Choice) who appeared for document verification and found to be eligible. Candidate can fill Minimum 1 preference and Maximum 300 preferences.
- Based on the preferences given, the seat will be allotted on merit and the allotment will be displayed on the website of State CET, mahacet.org.
- The candidates who will be successfully allotted a seat will have to report at the allotted college along with the relevant documents as per the schedule.
Certificates / Documents to bring along on the day of Document Verification and Admission
Candidates need to bring the following documents in original and their attested photocopies at the time of document verification, as well as at the time of admission:
- Admit Card and Marksheet of NEET 2020
- Nationality Certificate issued by the District Magistrate/Addl. District Magistrate or a Metropolitan Magistrate (Competent Authority for issue of such certificate)/ valid Indian Passport / School Leaving Certificate of HSC/12th Std. . indicating the nationality of the candidate as‘Indian.
- Domicile Certificate issued by District Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magistrate/ Addl. District Magistrate or Competent Authority for issue of such certificate.
- H.S.C. (or equivalent) examination marksheet
- SSC (or equivalent) passing certificate (for Date of Birth)
- Aadhar Card
- Medical fitness certificate
- Copy of Online filled Application Form
- Caste Certificate / Caste Validity Certificate (CVC) / Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (for VJ, NT1, NT-2, NT-3, SEBC & OBC including SBC) in proof for Constitutional reservation claim
- D1/D2/D3: Ex-servicemen Certificate /actual service certificate
- D1/D2 : Domicile of Maharashtra Certificate of Defence person
- D3: Transfer certificate
- Eligibility Certificate for EWS category issued by the Competent Authority
- MKB : Disputed area certificate, Mother tongue certificate, SSC/HSC from MKB area.
- HA: Parent Domicile certificate, SSC/HSC of the candidate from the hilly area
- For Person with disability (PWD) Candidates – Medical Fitness Certificate of Authorized Medical Board.
- For Minority Candidates
- For Orphan – respective certificate from the appropriate authority.
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Merit List
- The Commissioner, State CET CELL, Mumbai will publish the Provisional State Merit List for seats under State quota in Government / Corporation, and all the quota seats in Private/ Minority colleges on the website of State CET CELL. The Provisional State Merit List is prepared on the basis of information submitted by candidate in the online application form.
- An All India merit list as well as the State-wise merit list of the eligible candidates shall also be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in NEET 2020.
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Selection Process
The selection of candidates for admission to MBBS in various colleges in the State will on the basis of the preferences given by the candidate at the time of choice filling. Later, on the basis of NEET 2020 merit in the State of Maharashtra, and preferences exercised by the candidates, the seats will be allotted to the candidates. The final selection is based on the final counselling round. Only those candidates whose name have been included in the merit list, be able to take part in counselling process. Candidates who have qualified the NEET 2020 Exam only get the chance to take admission in Maharashtra MBBS Colleges for session 2020.
Maharashtra MBBS 2020 Reservation
The candidates recognized by the State of Maharashtra as belonging to the following Backward Classes, shall alone be eligible to claim admissions as against the seats reserved for such backward class categories. The constitutional reservation at Government/ Corporation Institutes and Private unaided Institutes is as mentioned below.
Seat Matrix Details for Maharashtra MBBS Admission
Candidates can check last year’s seat matrix deatils for Maharashtra MBBS Admission from below.
- Click here to check the seat matrix and list of college.
Cut Off for Maharashtra MBBS Admission
Cut off is basically the minimum marks required for the candidates to get the admission in the desired course. If you are giving the exam and waiting for your result then the cut off marks will help you to understand that whether you will qualify or not. Maharashtra cut off is considered as the last rank of the candidate who is granted admission to the medical and dental college for the particular session. You can check the cut off for session 2020 of Maharashtra MBBS Admission from here. You can get the details of the last All India Quota rank, state quota rank and other details
About Maharashtra CET
It is basically the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Maharashtra Government for various courses in the colleges of Maharashtra. CET is the gateway to esteemed top colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE and PUMBA. Many private colleges in Maharashtra also accept CET scores for their PGDM programs. It is conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education.The purpose of it to make admission of students to the first year or first semester of full-time courses in medical, dental and engineering courses in professional colleges the various states of India. Basically it conducts the exam for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy.
Official Website: cetcell.mahacet.org
For more details about Maharashtra MBBS Admission 2020, refer to 2019’s Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.