NEET 2022 Counselling – NEET 2022 Counselling for undergraduate courses would be conducted by MCC/DGHS, and state medical authorities. MCC/DGHS would conduct the counselling to fill seats under 15% All India Quota, and 100% seats of Central Institutions. The 85% remaining seats in state medical institutions would be filled by the respective state authorities. The seats in either counsellings would be allotted the basis of NEET 2022 Scores.
NEET 2022 Counselling
MCC/DGHS and the respective state authorities would release a merit list first, listing all the students who are eligible for the respective counselling. A candidate has to register separately for the counselling
Direct Link – Direct Link to register for MCC/DGHS counselling would be available here.
NEET Counselling Overview
|Aspect of NEET 2022 Result||Details|
|Name of Exam||NEET|
|Full Form of Exam Name||National Eligibility Entrance Test|
|Counselling Conducting Body||MCC/DGHS + State Medical Authorities|
|Courses where admission will be through this exam result||MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BSMS, BUMS, and BHMS|
|Seat Distribution||-15% All India Quota + 100 seats in central institutes through MCC/DGHS|
– 85% Seats in State institutes through State Medical Authorities.
NEET 2022 Counselling Date
The date are given below.
|Registration for MCC Counselling Starts||To be announced|
|Registration for MCC Counselling Ends||To be announced|
|Filling and Locking of Choices||To be announced|
|Round 1 Seat Allotment Result||To be announced|
|Document Verification||To be announced|
Admission in AIIMS/ JUPMER/ Central Universities
- Counselling for admission to MBBS / BDS, etc. Courses in AIIMS / JIPMER / Central Universities [(including Medical Colleges under DU and Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), BHU Medical College, AMU Medical College], ESIC Medical Colleges, and Deemed Universities will be conducted by MCC/ DGHS.
- Candidates would be granted admissions in Universities/ Institutions based upon their All India Rank (AIR) in NEET (UG) – 2022.
- Such candidates shall have to register on the MCC website after the declaration of NEET (UG) – 2022 Result. The Candidate will have to register on the MCC Website (www.mcc.nic.in).
Institutes for which MCC/ DGHS Conducts counselling for:
- 15% All India Quota seats MBBS/ BDS Seats of States
- 100% MBBS/ BDS Seats of BHU OPEN
- AIIMS Open seats- 100% MBBS Seats of AIIMS across India
- JIPMER Open (Puducherry/ Karaikal) & Internal seats (Domicile)
- AMU Open & Internal seats
- 85% Internal quota/domicile seats of DU/ I.P University (VMMC/ABVIMS/ESIC Dental)
- Jamia Open seats- Faculty of Dentistry (Jamia Milia Islamia) & Internal seat
- 15% All India Quota Seats of ESIC & Insured Persons quota seat
- AFMC – Only registration
- 100% B.Sc (Nursing) of selected Central B.Sc. Nursing Institutes
See: Answer Key
Admission in State Medical Colleges / Universities / Institutions / Private medical colleges
- Admission under State Quota Seats shall be subject to reservation policy and eligibility criteria prevailing in the State/Union Territory.
- 15% of all the seats available at the state institutes would be reserved for admissions through Central MCC/ DGHS counselling under All India Quota (AIQ)
NEET 2022 Counselling Rounds
The rounds for State Medical Counselling would depend upon the number of seats available in the state, and the policies of the state.
- For MCC/DGHS counselling 3 rounds are expected to be conducted for the counselling (as per previous year). The three rounds would be –
- Round 1 of Counselling
- Round 2 of Counselling
- Mop of Round ( In case vacant seats are left)
See: OMR Sheet Display
Reservation of Seats in NEET 2022
Institutes admitting students for medical courses (MBBS/ BDS) on the basis of NEET 2022 UG scores follow the following reservation criteria:
- 10% seats are reserved for Economically Weaker section (GEN – EWS)
- 27% of seats would be reserved for OBC – Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates.
- 15% seats would be reserved for SC candidates.
- 7.5% seats would be reserved for ST candidates.
- 5% reservation for PwD candidates.
Helpline for NEET 2022 Counselling
State Medical Authorities will have their own helplines for their respective 85% non AIQ staten counselling. For MCC/ DGHS counselling the helpline is provided below:
For MBBS/BDS Courses:
The Assistant Director General (ME)
Directorate General of Health Services,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
E-mail: [email protected] / : [email protected],
FAQs on NEET 2022 Counselling
Q1. Who would conduct counselling for BHU MBBS Seats.
Ans. DGHS on behalf of MCC.
Q2. Does a candidate has to register separately for NEET counselling?
Ans. Yes. a candidate has to register separately for the counselling.
Q3. Wil my class 12th marks be consider in NEET counselling 2022?
Ans. No. Counselling would purely be on the basis of candidate’s NEET 2022 Rank.
Q4. What is the Helpline for NEET 2022 Counselling?
Ans. The helpline for NEET 2022 MCC/DGHS counselling is :
- Email: [email protected]
- Web: mcc.nic.in/UGCounselling/Home/ContactUs
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.