NEET 2017 is the National Eligibility Entrance Test. It is medical / dental entrance exam for admission to MBBS/BDS. Candidates who submit application form with fee can appear in NEET exam which is scheduled to be held on May 7, 2017. After form submission, Central Board of Secondary Education will release NEET 2017 Admit Card. Applicants can download hall ticket at official website of NEET exam cbseneet.nic.in. It is a pen and paper based test with questions on physics, chemistry, biology. Rank obtained in NEET 2017 exam will be used for admission to medical and dental colleges all over India. It is important to realize that CBSE NEET 2017 replaced all national, state, college level medical entrance exams except AIIMS MBBS 2017 and JIPMER MBBS 2017. Get here complete details of NEET 2017 such as application form, admit card, answer key, result.
Date of NEET 2017 exam is May 7, 2017.
NEET 2017 Admit Card – CBSE will release admit card of NEET 2017 exam on April 15, 2017. Applicants can download hall ticket from that date. It is important to have NEET Admit Card on exam day as well as other important documents.
What’s new in NEET 2017
- First of all candidates may please note that Aadhaar number is necessary for NEET 2017 Application Form. This is applicable for all Indian citizens. NRIs can use Passport Number.
- NEET 2017 Application Form is available from 31st January 2017 to 1st March 2017.
- Age limit. NEET 2017 Age Limit is set at 17 years at the time of admission or candidate should have completed that age by 31st December 2017. Also the upper age limit is being made applicable which is 25 years as on the date of examination. For candidates who belong to SC / ST / OBC category they will get a relaxation of 5 years.
- Syllabus for National Eligibility Entrance Test 2017 is as per new NEET exam syllabus which CBSE has published.
- Languages in which NEET UG 2017 questions papers will be printed are Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada.
How to prepare for NEET 2017?
With a few weeks left before the exam, and on top of it the board exams, the question of how to prepare for NEET exam becomes more important.
It is important to brush up theory and also practice multiple choice questions. At the same time, you should take care of staying fit and active.
Most important of all, be confident and believe in yourself!
NEET 2017 Important Dates
It is very important to note down all important dates of CBSE NEET 2017. The Central Board of Secondary Education published dates in official information brochure. We present the same here.
|CBSE NEET 2017 notification out||31 Jan 2017|
|Availability of NEET 2017 application form||31 Jan 2017|
|Registration for NEET ends on||1 Mar 2017|
|Transaction of fees concludes||1 Mar 2017|
|Availability of NEET 2017 Admit Card||15 Apr 2017|
|Date of exam||7 May 2017|
|NEET 2017 Results declaration||8 Jun 2017|
Every year there are more than 5,00,000 candidates appear for AIPMT/NEET and other medical entrance exams. Since now universities, colleges, states are now going to offer admission through NEET 2017 result instead of holding exams like PMT / JEE / CET for medical; thus the number of applicants of NEET 2017 will be more than that of previous years.
- All Important Dates
- Application Form
- How To Apply
- Application Form Correction
- Admit Card
- Facilitation Centres
- Answer Key
- OMR Answer Sheet
- Colleges and Seats
NEET 2017 Application Form
NEET 2017 application form is to register for appearing in National Eligibility Entrance Test. Prior to applying one should determine eligibility. Now there is another aspect to keep in mind. That is to apply for college/university apart from submitting application form of NEET 2017. By submitting NEET application form 2017 you will be able to take the test; and by submitting MBBS/BDS admission 2017 through NEET form of a particular college/university you will be able to take part in counselling and seat allotment there. Most colleges are simultaneously releasing medical application forms so keep track of that also.
NEET Eligibility 2017
|Age limit||MCI/DCI prescribes age limit for NEET exam. As on date, the minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31/12/2017. Upper age limit is 25 years as on date of exam. SC/ST/OBC candidates have upper age limit of 30 years.|
|Number of attempts||Candidates can appear for CBSE NEET medical entrance exam only 3 times. Read latest modification to this attempt.|
|Qualifying exam codes||The codes for qualifying exam are elaborated in the NEET information brochure.|
|Domicile and category for NEET exam||CBSE may collect information and make it available with the result sheet for determination by the various counselling authorities in the country.|
|NEET Merit List||The cut off at 50 and 40 percentile for open and reserved categories as prescribed under NEET regulations.|
|CBSE NEET 2017 Result||CBSE may provide the result in secured CDs in appropriate number to DTE GHS for the purpose of disbursal to all counselling authorities. The result sheet may provide percentile score and All India Rank for qualified candidates. All India Quota Rank may also be provided by CBSE.|
|Allowing foreigners to appear in NEET 2017||Foreign / OCI / PIO / NRI students are allowed to appear in NEET exam. They may also be allowed to participate in 15% All India Quota counselling with the applicable terms and conditions.|
|Eligibility of OCIs||Foreigners / OCIs / PIOs / NRIs would be eligible under All India Quota as per applicable conditions.|
NEET 2017 Exam Date
NEET 2017 exam date is 7 May 2017. The final decision on exam date of NEET 2017 has been taken by Central Board of Secondary Education.
Key highlights on exam date are in following points.
- Every year CBSE conducts AIPMT exam on the first Sunday in the month of May.
- You must check admit card of NEET 2017 to know exact date-time-venue. Make sure to reach the venue on time on the day of the exam.
- NEET exam will take place on the same day across all centers in India.
How to correct information in application form?
Many candidates realize that they have made an error in application form after they submit it. In the event that there is one or more mistakes in NEET 2017 application form, follow CBSE instructions and make corrections.
It is strongly advised that you avoid errors.
NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
NEET 2017 exam pattern describes question distribution and marking scheme. CBSE sets the question paper according to official NEET exam syllabus. There are equally numbered questions on physics, chemistry, botany, and zoology. To quickly grasp the paper pattern, read the table below.
Next, you can note the marking scheme which is like this.
- For every correct answer, the candidate gets 4 marks.
- An incorrect answer deducts 1 mark as negative marking.
Overall, total marks = number of correct answers x 4 – number of incorrect answers x 1.
NEET 2017 Admit Card
Download hall ticket from aipmt.nic.in. Admit card of NEET UG 2017 will be issued around two-three weeks prior to the exam. Only if candidates have submitted application form will they get the NEET 2017 admit card. A few significant points about the hall ticket are given in below points.
- NEET admit card contains exam date, time, venue among other details.
- In order to download admit card, candidates can login to official website by entering application number and date of birth.
- Check that all information in the National Eligibility Entrance Test admit card are correct.
- Candidate can appear for NEET exam only at the exam center assigned as per the hall ticket.
On exam day, bring officially issued admit card of NEET 2017, identity proof and other relevant documents along with a pen.
NEET 2017 Answer Key
Answer key of NEET 2017 will be available after the exam. Immediately post exam candidates can go through answer keys that coaching centers and experts release. Also then they can check NEET 2017 official answer key by CBSE. The board makes all efforts to make NEET exam a fair and transparent one. Most important purposes of answer keys are as follows.
- By using answer key of NEET exam, anyone who has appeared for it can know all correct answers.
- Going a step further candidates can calculate marks obtained in National Eligibility Entrance Test. For the purpose of calculating scores, know marking scheme from above.
- NEET 2017 answer key by CBSE can also be contested. Follow instructions by CBSE to do so.
After the exam, CBSE scans and evaluates OMR sheets. Candidates can view OMR answer sheets and recorded responses at the official website. Instructions regarding how to check answer sheets are released along with answer keys.
Once the answer key is out, all that remains is checking exam result. CBSE releases results of all the exams it conducts at cbseresults.nic.in. In addition, the board also notifies announcement of NEET results at aipmt.nic.in. Post-exam processes begin with the display of OMR sheet, answer key, and then finally the declaration of NEET result 2017. All the events that take place after the result of NEET 2017 displays are done by counselling committees.
NEET 2017 Result
NEET Result 2017 is announced by CBSE. The result of NEET 2017 indicates marks and rank. The exam conducting body evaluates answer sheets of each test-taker, after taking into consideration queries on OMR and answer keys. Then marks are calculated. This leads to the announcement of results.
How to check result?
- Regularly check results page as well as NEET official website after exam.
- As soon as result is announced at aipmt.nic.in, click on NEET (UG) 2017 Result link.
- You will now reach the page where result is hosted at cbseresults.nic.in.
- Log in. In order to log in enter credentials same as used for admit card.
- Download rank card.
NEET 2017 Counselling – MCC Counselling
Counselling of National Eligibility Entrance Test is organized by the Medical Counselling Committee. Candidates who obtain 50th percentile (or 40th percentile in case of SC/ST/OBC, 45th percentile in case of PwD) are eligible for NEET counselling. MBBS/BDS admission in 15% all India quota seats is taken care of by NEET counselling. States and colleges may hold separate seat allotment processes.
If you have any queries regarding NEET 2017, please ask in comments below.