CBSE conducted NEET 2016 Phase 2 on July 24, 2016. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2016 Phase 2 is an all India level medical entrance exam. This is for All India quota medical seats, and state quota seats of those seats who opt to offer admission on basis of NEET 2016 Phase 2 Result. After several court judgements and ordinances, the final details of NEET (UG) 2016 have been published by Central Board of Secondary Education. Get here complete details of NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam including date, application form, admit card, result, pattern and syllabus.
Latest News: Seat Allotment Result for Round 1 for NEET 2016 counselling has been announced.
NEET 2016 – NEET UG 2016 Phase 2
Date of exam – July 24, 2016
Important dates of NEET 2016
|NEET Application Form for Phase 2 exam available from||May 26, 2016|
|Online application form submission when fee is paid through e-challan ends on||June 21, 2016|
|Online application form submission when fee is paid through other modes ends on||June 25, 2016|
|NEET Phase 2 2016 Admit Card available from||July 8, 2016|
|Exam date||July 24, 2016|
|Display of OMR Sheet for AIPMT (or NEET 2016 Phase 1) and NEET 2016 Phase 2||August 4-6, 2016|
|Display of Answer Key for AIPMT (or NEET 2016 Phase 1) and NEET 2016 Phase 2||August 8-10, 2016|
|NEET 2016 Phase 2 result declaration by||August 16, 2016|
NEET 2016-2017 Quick Links
Medical (MBBS and BDS) Seats offered through NEET 2016 Phase 2
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats for those states whose state governments are opting for NEET
- Private or Management or NRI quota seats in all private medical and dental colleges or any private or deemed university.
The following type of candidates can apply for NEET 2016 Phase 2.
- Left out candidates who did not register for AIPMT 2016 or NEET 2016 Phase 1.
- Candidates who applied for AIPMT 2016 or NEET 2016 Phase 1 but did not appear.
- Candidates who appeared in AIPMT 2016 or NEET 2016 Phase 1 but think they did not do well in that exam. Such candidates will have to submit undertaking, giving up their candidature for AIPMT 2016 or NEET 2016 Phase 1.
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2016 Phase 2 is given in detail at NEET 2016 Phase 2 Eligibility Criteria.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam is similar to All India Pre Medical / Dental Test. Question paper will contain 180 MCQ type questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology. It will be a pen-and-paper based test where students have to mark answers in machine gradable OMR answer sheets. NEET 2016 Phase 2 exam will be in English and Hindi languages.
Total duration of the exam would be three (3) hours.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Application Form
Like AIPMT, application form of NEET 2016 Phase 2 has been issued online at aipmt.nic.in. All the medical aspirants who satisfy the eligibility conditions, are interested in applying for NEET 2016 Phase 2, and know that the colleges where they are seeking admission to MBBS or BDS are accepting NEET scores, can fill and submit NEET 2016 Application Form for Phase 2.
Although previously it was stated by CBSE that only left out candidates (meaning that those who did not apply for AIPMT) can apply for NEET 2016 Phase 2, but now CBSE has added that any such student who appeared for AIPMT but is ready to give up their candidature of AIPMT can apply and appear for NEET 2016 Phase 2.
After going through the eligibility criteria, candidates can go to NEET 2016 Phase 2 Application Form.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Admit Card
The admit card of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test was released online. As most applicants may already be familiar with downloading admit card online, the process involves logging into the website using credentials that are issued at the time of application form submission. Admit card of NEET 2016 Phase 2 is required on the exam day and during counselling and admission. If a student is not well versed with the process, they can use the facilitation center to get their NEET 2016 Phase 2 admit card.
Around 15 minutes are kept aside solely for the purpose of checking admit cards of candidates on the exam day.
Applicants can download hall tickets by logging in at NEET 2016 Phase 2 Admit Card.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 Result
All the post exam processes have been merged for AIPMT 2016, which is now being referred to as NEET 2016 Phase 1, and NEET 2016 Phase 2. The following key post-exam events are done together for AIPMT 2016 and NEET 2016 Phase 2.
- Display of OMR sheets
- Display of Answer Keys
- Declaration of results
Result of NEET 2016 Phase 1 and 2 has been declared by CBSE at aipmt.nic.in and hosted at cbseresults.nic.in. Announcement regarding NEET 2016 Result is uploaded at AIPMT / NEET website (aipmt.nic.in), CBSE website (cbse.nic.in), and CBSE Results website (cbseresults.nic.in).
NEET / AIPMT Result 2016 has been announced on August 16, 2016. It can be checked online at NEET 2016 Phase 2 Result / AIPMT 2016 Result.
More details on NEET 2016 are given below.
1. What is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)?
For the current year, the All India Pre-Medical/PreDental Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for 15% all India seats has been changed to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test as per the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India delivered in various decisions on NEET.
2. What is NEET I ?
The All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Examination schedule for 1st May, 2016 has been considered as Phase-I of NEET.
3. What is NEET II ?
This is the second phase of NEET only for the current year to give the opportunity to the candidates to appear in NEET as stated in the judgment delivered by Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on NEET.
4. Through NEET against which seats admissions will be made?
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST- 2016 is applicable for admissions to the following:-
i. All India Quota Seats.
ii. State Government Quota Seats where the State Government concerned so opts.
iii. Private/Management/NRI Quota Seats in all Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University.
5. Who can apply for NEET II ?
As per the directives of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated 09.05.2016, in Writ Petition I No.261 of 2016 and other connected matters, following candidates can apply in NEET II:
I. Left out candidates who could not register in AIPMT-2016/NEET I.
II. Candidates who were registered in AIPMT- 2016/NEET I but could not appear in NEETI.
III. Candidates who were registered in AIPMT- 2016/NEET I and had appeared but have apprehension that they had not prepared well subject to submission of an undertaking to give up their candidature for NEET I
6. Is there any change in the pattern of AIPMT and NEET ?
NO. There is no change in the pattern of AIPMT and NEET.
7. Is there any change in the syllabus of AIPMT and NEET?
NO. There is no change in the syllabus of AIPMT and NEET.
8. Whether the examination will be offline or online?
NEET – 2016 will be an offline pen and paper test.
9. What is the examination date for NEET II 2016?
The date of examination is 24th July, 2016 (Sunday).
10. What is the syllabus for NEET II 2016?
The Question Paper of NEET II 2016 shall be based on the syllabus as notified by the Medical council of India which is at Appendix-I of the Information Bulletin of NEET- II, 2016 available on the website www.aipmt.nic.in
11. What will be the pattern of NEET II 2016?
The NEET- II 2016 consists of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machinegradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only.
12. What are the duration/timings of NEET II 2016?
The duration of NEET II 2016 will be 03 hours from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. However, no entry will be allowed after 9.30 a.m.
13. Which are the cities where NEET II 2016 will be held?
A list of examination centre cities is provided at Appendix-II in the Information Bulletin of NEET II 2016.
14. How to fill up ‘online’ application form for NEET II 2016? Are there any guidelines for the students before filling the application form?
Application form for NEET II can be submitted only online through website www.aipmt.nic.in. Details are available under Chapter-4 “Mode of submission of Application Form and fee details” as provided in the Information Bulletin of NEET II. Keep the correct details ready before submission of form after carefully reading of Bulletin.
15. If any candidate face problem in filling up of form, to whom can he approach?
Candidate can take the assistance of Facilitation Centres for submission of application form. Common Services Centres will act as the Facilitation Centres this time and will provide the services against the fee prescribed.
16. Whether the service of Facilitation Centres is chargeable?
Yes. At the prescribed fee. Details are given in Chapter-12.
17. How to remit fee for NEET II 2016?
The examination fee for NEET II 2016 can be remitted in the following manner:
i. Online payment through Debit/Credit Card
ii. Payment through e-Challan at the branches of HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank/State Bank of India/Canara Bank/e-wallet(CSC)
For details, please refer to Chapter-4. of Information Bulletin.
18. If any candidate faces any problem in remittance of fee, to whom can he/she approach?
Candidates can approach the concerned Banks on contact numbers which are available on the website of the NEET II, 2016.
19. How to find out the nearby HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank/State Bank of India etc for fee remittance?
The website www.aipmt.nic.in has a link – Help, to show nearby branches of HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Syndicate Bank/State Bank of India for facilitating candidates to make payment by e-challan.
20. What is the date and fee schedule for submission of Online application form and remittance of fee for NEET II, 2016?
Application fees and important dates are given above on this page.
21. If a candidate for any reason not appearing or appeared in the examination, is there any provision for fee refund?
No. Once the online application form is submitted successfully by the candidate, it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of application fee will not be entertained under any circumstances.
22. What is the minimum and maximum age for appearing in NEET II, 2016 for 15% all-India quota seats?
(i) A candidate who have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
(ii) The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes. Candidate must born on or between
(a) 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
(b) 01/01/92 to 01/012000 (Other Category)
23. What is the eligibility for seats under the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions and AFMC
A candidate who have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) may also appear in AIPMT for admission in seats under the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions subject to rules and regulations of the Government of India, respective State Governments and the University/Institution concerned. OCI candidates may verify eligibility norms of participating States/Universities/Institutions before applying for NEET II, 2016.
The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per their rules and regulations.
24. Is candidate from Andhra Pradesh, J&K and Telangana studying in Mumbai and Domicile of Maharashtra eligible for 15% All India Quota seats?
Yes, if in case, the candidate is not eligible to seek admission to MBBS/BDS seats in Medical/Dental Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh, J&K and Telangana. The candidate is also required to submit a self-declaration to this effect. Format is at Appendix-III of Information Bulletin.
25. What will be the information filled by a candidate from one State and domicile of another State in the application form against the column – State to which candidate belongs?
State of Origin.
For example, a candidate from Andhra Pradesh and domicile of Gujarat should fill Andhra Pradesh against the column – State to which candidate belongs.
26. What are the enclosures that should be attached with the confirmation page to be sent to the Board’s?
The candidates are NOT REQUIRED TO SEND the print out of the Confirmation Page or any document(s) to the NEET Unit, CBSE.
27. If mistakenly during filling up of the form, wrong particulars are filled in the online form, how it will be corrected.
Candidates are requested to read the Bulletin carefully before submission of application. They should keep the entire information ready as per Replica of NEET II, 2016. No correction will be allowed after submission of Application form. Verify the information before final submission of data.
All the information (especially category) which is correct on the date of submission of form will be considered valid and no change is allowed later.
28. Is a candidate passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects from NIOS, eligible to appear for AIPMT?
Yes, candidate passed class XII examination with an aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology and also passed English in the Qualifying Examination from any recognised Board/University can appear in the NEET subject to fulfilling other conditions.
29. If a student studied up to class 11th from CBSE Board from KSA/abroad and class XII from CBSE School in India, will he/she be eligible to appear in AIPMT?
Yes. All Indian Nationals are Eligible to appear in the NEET for 15% All India Quota Seats.
30.Is it compulsory to take Maths if I want to appear in NEET II, 2016?
Mathematics is not required for NEET II, 2016.
31. Candidate passed 12th class in the subjects of English, Hindi, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physical education and appeared/appearing for Biology subject from another Board will be eligible for NEETII, 2016.
No. Any examination equivalent to class XII examination of a recognized Board/University comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology including practical test in these subjects and English is only eligible to appear in NEET II, 2016.
32. Can a candidate, appearing in Class XII in the year 2016, is eligible to appear in NEET II 2016?
33. From which date the NEET II 2016 forms will be available.
The Online Application for NEET II 2016 will be available on www.aipmt.nic.in from 26th May 2016.
34. Is the availability of forms will be online or can it be purchased from any bank or institution.
The application forms are available online only. A candidate can apply by logging into website www.aipmt.nic.in. Forms are not available in any bank or institution.
35. For how many attempts / numbers a student can appear for NEET?
There is no attempt limit.
36.How to send confirmation Page of Application Form of NEET II, 2016?
The candidates are NOT REQUIRED TO SEND the the Confirmation Page of the online application form or any document (s) to NEET Unit.
37. Can one send confirmation page of online application through courier?
No. Form is not required to be sent to CBSE. It is 100% Online procedure for submission of NEET application form.
38.If a candidate born in USA and studied in India and holding OCI Card wants to apply for NEET II, 2016 is he/she is eligible for NEET II, 2016?
Yes. Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are Eligible for appearing in the NEET II, 2016.
However, OCIs are not available for seats under 15% All India Quota. Eligibility of OCI candidates for admission under seats in the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions shall be ascertained before applying for NEET II, 2016.
39.What is the scheduled date for web hosting of Admit Cards for NEET II 2016?
The tentative schedule of hosting of Admit Cards is 08.07.2016.
40.When will be the result of NEET II 2016 declared?
Expected date is 17th August, 2016.
41. How does one know the complete guidelines/instructions for NEET II 2016?
The Guidelines for NEET II, 2016are available in the Information Bulletin of NEET II, 2016 which is available on the website www.aipmt.nic.in.
42. What do you mean by All-India quota seats?
Seats available under 15% merit positions in Government Medical Colleges filled through the counseling conducted by DGHS is known as All India Quota seats.
43.Will there be negative marking in NEET II, 2016?
Yes. Each correct answer will get 04 marks and for each incorrect response, 01 mark will be deducted from the total score.
44.How long the result of NEET 2016 is valid?
The result of successful candidates of NEET 2016 is valid for the academic session 2016-17 only.
45. Is there any helpline for NEET II, 2016 examination for the aspirants?
Yes. Details available on website.
46.Can anyone cancel the application submitted for NEET II, 2016?
Online Application forms once submitted successfully cannot be cancelled/ withdrawn.
47. What do the candidates need to bring to the exam centre?
The candidate is required to bring following at the examination centre:-
- Admit Card along with passport size photograph affixed on it;
- One Post Card Size Photograph affixed on the proforma and
- One passport size photograph to be affixed on attendance sheet.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any other item at the examination centres. There will not be any arrangement for safe keeping of any material at the centre. Neither CBSE nor centre will be responsible for any loss, delay etc.
Please Note: Ball Point Pen will be supplied to the candidates by the centre.
48.Can the candidate bring anything other than that mentioned in S.No.47 above to the examination centre?
No other article will be allowed in said examination centre. Hence, candidate should not carry any other things.
49.Will any candidate be able to leave early if he finishes the test before the allocated test time?
No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall/room before the test concludes.
50.If one does not get Admit Card, whom should he contact?
Admit cards will not be sent to candidates. These will be uploaded on website. Candidates need to download the Admit Card from the website only. This facility will remain operation till one day prior to the day of examination i.e. 23rd July, 2016. Thus, download the Admit Card within stipulated time only.
51. How will one know the result of the NEET 2016?
The result of NEET 2016 will be uploaded on the website www.aipmt.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in as per schedule.
52. Who will conduct Counselling after NEET 2016?
For 15% All India Quota seats, counselling will be conducted by the DGHS.
For seats under the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions, their respective authorities will conduct the counseling. Candidates may get the correct information from respective authorities. Details are available at Annexure-IV of Information Bulletin.
53. Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on website?
The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website www.aipmt.nic.in. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with website.
54. Is there any provision for re-checking of answer sheet?
55. Is there any provision to challenge the response(s) against the OMR grading?
1. Candidates will be given an opportunity to submit representation against the OMR grading on payment of Rs.1000/- per response challenged.
2. Rs.1000/- per response will be refunded to candidate if his/her challenge is accepted by the
56.What is the Entry time at the Examination Hall?
Entry will be allowed from 7.30 A.M. However, no one is allowed to enter in the centre after 9.30 A.M.
This page is being updated with details on NEET 2016-2017. If you have any queries on NEET 2016-2017, please ask below.