The IIM Lucknow has announced the result for CAT 2017 on January 08, 2018. Candidates can download their scorecard from the official website of the exam by entering their User ID and Password. The scorecard will not be sent individually to the candidate by post. The result consists of the Scaled Score, Percentile in each section and Total Overall, Percentile Score. The Overall Scaled Score is the sum of the scaled scores of the candidate in the three sections, whereas, the Percentile refers to the percentage of candidates who receive the score less than or equal to the score obtained by the candidate. The result for CAT 2017 will be valid until December 31, 2018. After the declaration of the CAT Result, the IIMs will shortlist candidates for GD-PI or WAT. The IIMs and Non-IIM member institutions independently decide how to use CAT 2017 scores on the basis of their own selection process. The scores are to be used only for selecting the candidates to their PG/ Fellow Programme(s) in Management. Check more details regarding the CAT 2017 exam from the article below.
Various IIMs shortlist candidates on the basis of their performance in CAT 2017, Class 10th, 12th, Work Experience or Diversity. As per newspaper reports, around 2,30,000 candidates registered for IIM CAT 2017. Know complete schedule for CAT 2018 in the table below:
|Release of notification for CAT 2017||30 Jul 2017|
|Commencement of registration||09 Aug 2017|
|CAT 2017 Last Date for Registration||25 Sep 2017|
|Start Date For Form Correction||27 Sep 2017|
|End Date For Form Correction||30 Sep 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||25 Oct 2017|
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||26 Nov 2017|
|CAT 2017 Result date||08 Jan 2018|
The responsibility of organizing institute, IIML, is only up until conduct of exam and declaration of its result. In order to get MBA admission 2018-2019 through CAT 2017, the candidate must apply separately to colleges.
CAT Result 2017
The IIM CAT Result 2017 has been announced now. The result for CAT 2017 is available by online mode only. IIMs will publish a list of candidates shortlisted for GD PI on college websites. Each IIM will send interview letters to the shortlisted candidates directly. The criteria for shortlisting vary from IIM to IIM.
Admission Process in IIMs
Each IIM shortlists candidates for the second stage of selection which may differ from other IIM’s selection process. The selection process may include Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). However, its is important that candidate should perform well in CAT 2017 examination. Some IIMs may additionally use other factors like the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience and other similar inputs in short listing and ranking of candidates at various stages of the admission process.
Is it necessary to obtain 99+ Percentile in order to receive a call from IIMs?
This is one of the most common perceptions which students have that only those who score 99+ percentile are shortlisted for WAT and PI by the IIMs. Last year a student who scored 89.67 percentile in CAT refutes all such claims that a student got to score 99 percentile for selection to top IIMs. There is a certain weightage assigned to each criterion based upon which the shortlist for interview and writing test is done. So even though someone scores 99+ percentile in CAT, they may not get a call because of their poor academic record.
CAT 2017 Cut Off
Here we have given a list of top 10 IIMs and their cut off marks to be eligible for further process of admission.
|Top 10 IIMs||Category||VARC||DILR||QA||Total Overall Percentile Rank|
|IIM-Calcutta||General||≥ 80||≥ 80||≥ 80||≥ 90|
|NC-OBC-cum-transgender||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 75||≥ 85|
|SC||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 70|
|ST||≥ 60||≥ 60||≥ 60||≥ 70|
|PWD||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 65||≥ 70|
|IIM- Tiruchirapalli / IIM- Raipur||General||80||80||80||90|
|IIM- Udaipur / IIM- Rohtak||General||80||80||80||80|
The following number of seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the different category:
Seats in IIMs
As many as 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools across India accept the scores of CAT. For CAT 2017, the number of participating institutes will be similar or more. The following table shows the likely intake for this year.
|4||IIM, Bodh Gaya||60|
More than 2 lakh register for CAT exam every year
|S.No.||Year||Number of candidates registered||Number of candidates appeared|
The above figures are as per various sources.
IIM CAT 2017 Question Papers along with keys
IIM Lucknow has released Question Papers along with keys of CAT 2017 held on November 26, 2017 on the official website. Candidates can check the papers and also raise objections (if any) from the official website by login through their User Id & Password. The direct link to check the same has also been provided above.
IIM CAT 2017 Admit Card
- IIM Lucknow has made available the link to download CAT 2017 admit card from 25th October 2017 to exam date.
- The procedure to download admit card is to click on the admit card download link on the official website or on the link above, then enter user ID and password and click on login.
- On logging in, e-admit card displays on the page. Printed it on a plain white sheet of paper to take on exam day.
- Candidates must read instructions in hall ticket to be aware of exam day procedure.
- Also take photo ID proof along with admit card of CAT Exam to exam center.
- The admit card conveys candidate name, exam date and session, exam venue, important instructions for exam day.
CAT Exam Pattern 2017
Mode: IIM CAT is an online exam.
Sections: It has 3 sections of 1 hour each namely
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability.
Types of questions: Multiple choice questions, and TITA (type in the answer) type questions
Note: While in one section, you must attempt questions of only that section. On screen calculator will be provided.
Official details of CAT 2017 shed some light on exam pattern. It states that there will be MCQs and non-MCQs (type in the answer type) questions. Official CAT 2017 exam pattern is devoid of data on the number of questions distribution.
The number of questions in VARC, DILR, QA will be revealed on the day of the test.
Last year’s CAT Exam Pattern
- Marking scheme: For MCQs, correct answer fetched +1 mark, and incorrect answer led to deduction of 0.33 mark as negative marking. For TITA, correct answer fetched +1 mark, there was no negative marking.
- Caveat: It was reported last time that while the instructions page of exam showed +3, -1 as marking scheme, the questions showed +1, -0.33 as marks against them. However as the ratio remained the same it was not a big concern.
CAT Syllabus 2017
IIM Lucknow has notified exam pattern only for CAT Exam 2017. Syllabus is inferred from past year papers and as per analysis by education experts.
It is hard to arrive at any specific syllabus for CAT, since the exam pattern suggests that the syllabus is nonstatic. However, CAT experts mention that some of the questions are from class 8th to graduation level. They have divided CAT syllabus into 3 sections
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Correction in Sentence, Grammar or English Usage, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage, Analogies and Reverse Analogies, Meaning/Usage Match, Verbal Reasoning, Summary Questions, Reading Comprehension and Facts Inferences Judgements.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Caselets and Tables, Bar Graphs and Column Graphs, Venn Diagrams,Number and letter Series,Line Charts & Pie Chart,Calendars, Cubes and Clocks, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Logical, Matching, Logical Sequence, Logical, Connectives, and Blood Relations.
Number Systems, Logarithm, LCM & HCF, Profit, Loss & Discount,Percentages, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simple & Compound Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic & Linear Equations,Sequences & Series, Complex Numbers, Surds & Indices, Inequalities, Set Theory, Mixtures & Alligations, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Functions & Geometry, Trigonometry and Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration.
Courses Offered in IIMs
How to prepare for CAT in Last Few Days
CAT 2017 Application Form
The application form for CAT 2017 is over, However, candidates can get all the necessary information regarding it below.
- The CAT Application form 2017 is available in online at the official website of CAT 2017, iimcat.ac.in.
- Applicants firstly register for the exam. At the time of registration, applicants need to choose 04 exam centers.
- Then, the candidate need to enter Personal Details, Educational Qualification and Contact Details in the online application. Also, applicants need to upload scanned image of the photograph, signature and category certificate (if applicable) as per the specifications.
- Then proceed to make payment for the application fee through online mode via Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
- On completion of the above-given steps, it is advised to the candidate to take a print of the completed application form and keep it to themselves for future reference.
The applicants have to pay the following amount for the application fee:
|Categories||Application Fee charges|
|SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 900|
|Other category candidate||Rs. 1800|
Get here Advertisement, important dates, information bulletin, eligibility, registration guide, registration video, certificate formats.