Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017 is scheduled to be held on November 26, 2017. The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow is organizing CAT 2017 in 140 cities in India. In time, applicants can download IIM CAT admit card from iimcat.ac.in. The computer based Common Admission Test is a national level management entrance exam. Performance in the exam reflects in CAT percentile which forms basis of shortlisting for management college admissions. Get here complete details of CAT 2017 including dates, application form, admit card, result, cut off, syllabus, exam pattern, preparation.
Preparation for CAT 2017 is also at its peak now that there only 2 months to go for the exam. Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) hold CAT exam on a yearly basis. The responsibility of organizing institute is only up until conduct of exam and declaration of its result. In order to get MBA admission 2018-2019 through CAT 2017, candidate must apply separately to colleges.
|Release of notification for CAT 2017||30 Jul 2017|
|Commencement of registration||09 Aug 2017|
|CAT 2017 Last Date for Registration||25 Sep 2017|
|Start Date For Form Correction||27 Sep 2017|
|End Date For Form Correction||30 Sep 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||
25 Oct 2017 (1:00 PM)
|CAT 2017 Exam Date||26 Nov 2017|
|Result Announcement||Jan 2018|
As per newspaper reports, around 2,30,000 candidates have registered for IIM CAT 2017.
CAT 2017 Registration
Application form of CAT 2017 has to be submitted in online mode.
- Application process will start from 9th August 2017 and end on 25th September 2017.
- All the applications shall be accepted through the online portal of CAT 2017 official website.
- The first step in the application is the CAT 2017 Registration process.
- Once, that has been covered applicant receives login credentials by SMS and email.
- Using the credential details, aspirants will proceed to fill up the application form.
Application Fee: Pay fee in online mode.
|General category||Rs. 1800|
|Reserved category||Rs. 900|
CAT 2017 Application Form Correction
Application Form Correction in CAT 2017 is a sought after information by those who have made mistakes in the application form. Candidates will have to furnish the following particulars – Basic Details, Communication Details, Educational Details, Work Experience, Selection of IIMs to apply for, Selecting Test Centres and Interview Cities, Uploading scanned images of photograph and signature- as per specifications. You are strongly advised to look fill each and every entry carefully and verify it side by side. You can correct the form only during limited window given for it.
IIM CAT 2017 Admit Card
- IIM Lucknow will make the link to download CAT 2017 admit card available from 25th October 2017 to exam date.
- The procedure to download admit card is to click on the admit card download link on official website, then enter user ID and password, and click on login. On logging in, e-admit card displays on the page which can be printed on a plain white sheet of paper to take on exam day.
- Candidates must read instructions in hall ticket to be aware of exam day procedure.
- Photo ID proof along with admit card of CAT Exam must be taken to exam center.
- The admit card will convey candidate name, exam date and session, exam venue, important instructions for exam day.
CAT Exam Pattern 2017
IIM CAT is an online exam with 3 sections of 1 hour each.
- Mode of exam: Computer Based Test
- Types of questions: Multiple choice questions, and TITA (type in the answer) type questions
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Note: While in one section, you must attempt questions of only that section.
- On screen calculator: Will be provided.
Official details of CAT 2017 shed some light on exam pattern. It states that there will be MCQs and non MCQs (type in the answer type) questions. Official CAT 2017 exam pattern is devoid of data on number of questions distribution.
|1||Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||60 minutes|
|2||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DI & LR)||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Ability (QA)||60 minutes|
The number of questions in VARC, DILR, QA will be revealed on the day of the test.
Candidates can only know about the sections and timings. The number of questions in each sections will be known at the time of exam only. Thus, to prepare for CAT 2017, it is a good idea to take a look at last year’s exam pattern.
Last year’s CAT Exam Pattern
- Marking scheme: For MCQs, correct answer fetched +1 mark, and incorrect answer led to deduction of 0.33 mark as negative marking. For TITA, correct answer fetched +1 mark, there was no negative marking.
- Caveat: It was reported last time that while the instructions page of exam showed +3, -1 as marking scheme, the questions showed +1, -0.33 as marks against them. However as the ratio remained the same it was not a big concern.
CAT Syllabus 2017
It is hard to arrive at any specific syllabus for CAT, since the exam pattern suggests that the syllabus is nonstatic. However, CAT experts mention that some of the questions are from class 8th to graduation level. They have divided CAT syllabus into 3 sections
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Correction in Sentence, Grammar or English Usage, Synonyms, Antonyms, Fill in the blanks, Jumbled Paragraph and Close Passage, Analogies and Reverse Analogies, Meaning/Usage Match, Verbal Reasoning, Summary Questions, Reading Comprehension and Facts Inferences Judgements.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Caselets and Tables, Bar Graphs and Column Graphs, Venn Diagrams,Number and letter Series,Line Charts & Pie Chart,Calendars, Cubes and Clocks, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Logical, Matching, Logical Sequence, Logical, Connectives, and Blood Relations.
Number Systems, Logarithm, LCM & HCF, Profit, Loss & Discount,Percentages, Speed, Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simple & Compound Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Averages, Binomial Theorem, Quadratic & Linear Equations,Sequences & Series, Complex Numbers, Surds & Indices, Inequalities, Set Theory, Mixtures & Alligations, Probability, Permutation and Combination, Functions & Geometry, Trigonometry and Coordinate Geometry & Mensuration.
IIML is organzing CAT 2017 in over 140 cities across India. CAT conducting authorities has added a few number of cities this year to accommodate all the applicants. It is expected that this way the applicants will increase by 03%. Candidates get 4 choices to indicate which city they want to elect as venue. List of test cities will be available from October 25, 2017.
CAT 2017 Result
- Announcement of result of CAT 2017 is online.Candidates
- Link to download score cards will be available at iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT Result 2017 will indicate scaled scores percentile in each section (VARC, DILR, QA).
Seats in IIMs
As many as 20 IIMs and over 100 B-schools across India accept the scores of CAT. For CAT 2017, the number of participating institutes will be similar or more. The following table shows the likely intake for this year.
|Institute||Seat offered||Institute||Seat offered|
|IIM, Ahmedabad||385||IIM, Raipur||210|
|IIM, Amritsar||60||IIM, Ranchi||155|
|IIM, Bangalore||412||IIM, Rohtak||170-180|
|IIM, Bodh Gaya||60||IIM, Shillong||120|
|IIM, Calcutta||462||IIM, Trichy||120|
|IIM, Indore||550||IIM, Udaipur||180|
|IIM, Kashipur||210||IIM, Visakhapatnam||60|
|IIM, Kozhikode||353||IIM, Jammu||45|
|IIM, Lucknow||436||IIM, Sambalpur||140|
|IIM, Nagpur||60||IIM, Sirmaur||60|
More than 2 lakh register for CAT exam every year
|S.No.||Year||Number of candidates registered||Number of candidates appeared|
The above figures are as per various sources.
IIM CAT Cut Offs
Know what were the CAT cut offs for IIMs selection process last year.
IIM Bodh Gaya
To know this year’s cut offs, check IIM Selection Criteria 2018.
Will I get a call from the IIMs?
You will get shortlisted for selection at IIMs if you get the minimum CAT score, and also other minimum marks in classes 10th, 12th, graduation as per that IIMs selection criteria.
Courses Offered in IIMs
|IIM Ahmedabad||PGP, PGP FABM, ePGP, FPM||iima.ac.in|
|IIM Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, FPM||iimb.ernet.in|
|IIM Bodh Gaya||PGP||iimbg.ac.in|
|IIM Calcutta||PGP PGDM, FPM||iimcal.ac.in|
|IIM Indore||PGP, EPGP, PGP HRM, FPM||iimidr.ac.in|
|IIM Kashipur||PGP, EPGP, FPM and EFPM||iimkashipur.ac.in|
|IIM Kozhikode||PGP, FPM||iimk.ac.in|
|IIM Lucknow||PGP, PGP ABM, PGP SM, FPM||iiml.ac.in|
|IIM Raipur||PGP, PGPWE, FPM and EFPM||iimraipur.ac.in|
|IIM Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM, FPM||iimranchi.ac.in|
|IIM Rohtak||PGP, EPGP, EPGPX, FPM||iimrohtak.ac.in|
|RGIIM Shillong||PGP, PGPEX, FPM||iimshillong.ac.in|
|IIM Tiruchirapalli||PGP, PGPBM, FPM||iimtrichy.ac.in|
|IIM Udaipur||PGP, FPM||iimu.ac.in|
CAT 2017 Information Bulletin
Following is the information bulletin of Common Admission Test (CAT) 2017.
Get here Advertisement, important dates, information bulletin, eligibility, registration guide, registration video, certificate formats.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2017
Eligible aspirants can submit appear in Common Admission Test.
- Those in posession of Bachelors Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent in CGPA (45% for SC, ST, PwD) are eligible to appear in CAT 2017.
- Percentage marks calculation will be on basis of marks practices of University / institution.
- If University / institution does not have scheme for CGPA to marks conversion then convert CGPA to percentage by multiplying with 100.
- Candidates appearing in final year of Bachelors degree and those who have appeared and waiting for result can also appear in CAT Exam 2017.
- CA / CS / ICWA professional degree completed candidates with requisite percentage can also apply.