CAT 2023 will be held on 26 November 2023. It is being conducted by IIM Lucknow. Now you can know all about Common Admission Test (CAT) exam date, application form, syllabus from here on aglasem.com. To start with, CAT is a National level MBA entrance exam that is held by Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. Moreover, purpose of this exam is to do admission in IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores in MBA, PGDM. Therefore if you are preparing for CAT exam, then you should check eligibility at iimcat.ac.in, apply, then download admit card, solve previous year question papers, and check answer key, result.
Latest – CAT 2023 admit card has been released. Get the link to download admit card here.
What is CAT exam?
The CAT 2023 is an entrance exam for admission to MBA, PGDM, in IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores. Here CAT is short for Common Admission Test. It is moreover a National level test organized by IIM Lucknow i.e. Indian Institute of Management Lucknow. Complete details of CAT exam are here at aglasem.com.
- Mock Test
- Previous Year Question Papers
- Application Form
- Candidate Login
- Admit Card
- Answer Key
- Response Sheet
CAT 2023 Exam Date
The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow announces exam date of CAT. The important dates to note for Common Admission Test are as follows. Nevertheless keep checking iimcat.ac.in to know any changes in the schedule.
|Release of CAT Application Form||02 Aug 2023|
|Application Form Last Date||21 Sep 2023 (11:00 am)|
|Application Form correction window||25 Sep 2023, 05:00 PM – 28 Sep 2023, 05:00 PM|
|Admit Card Release Date||07 Nov 2023|
|CAT 2023 Exam Date||26 Nov 2023|
|Publication of Answer Key||As per IIM Lucknow|
|CAT Result Announcement Date||2nd week of January 2024|
Important Downloads and Official Links
- Information Brochure
- Percentile Score Calculation
- Selection Process of IIMs
- Media Release
- Scoring and Equating Process
- Registration Guide
- Application Form Correction Window Notice
Likewise, the CAT exam structure is also published by IIM Lucknow. Important features of the Common Admission Test are as follows. However check official website iimcat.ac.in from time to time for any changes in the exam pattern.
|Section I||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
|Section II||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning|
|Section III||Quantitative Ability|
The exam pattern is as follows
- Mode of Exam – The exam is a Computer Based Test.
- Exam Duration – The entrance exam is of 120 minutes.
- Sectional Timing – Candidates will be allotted exactly 40 minutes for answering questions in each section.
- Switching between sections – You will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
Marking Scheme –
- Candidates get +3 marks for correct answer.
- And negative marks is -1 for incorrect answers (only for MCQs, no negative marking for non-MCQs).
CAT 2023 Syllabus
- Now the CAT syllabus 2023 refers to list of topics from which there will be questions CAT 2023 question paper.
- Therefore you can download CAT syllabus pdf at aglasem.com to know what to study.
- Moreover refer best books for CAT preparation to complete CAT syllabus.
- You can also utilize CAT Chapter Wise Weightage to know which are most important topics and utilize it for your CAT 2023 preparation plan.
- Whether you attend any CAT coaching, or are doing self-studies, you should study all chapters from the syllabus.
CAT 2023 Application Form
- The CAT 2023 Registration or the CAT Application Form 2023 refers to the process of applying for the test.
- If you want to appear in Common Admission Test, then you must check eligibility and apply as per guidelines that IIM Lucknow provides at official website iimcat.ac.in.
- Whereas Indian Institute of Management Lucknow announces the release date and CAT Application Form last date, both, via notifications from time to time.
- So fill correct details in application form CAT exam, with relevant documents required, fee, and submit it before deadline.
- Only those who apply on time can later download CAT 2023 admit card.
CAT Previous Year Question Papers
- Coming to previous year question papers of CAT, these are set of question papers of past year Common Admission Test.
- If you are preparing for this MBA entrance exam, then you must solve CAT question papers to understand exam pattern and difficulty level.
- Therefore you can download CAT question paper PDF and PYQP of related exams from aglasem to enhance your preparation and improve your chances of clearing CAT Cut Off and getting admission in your dream college for MBA, PGDM.
CAT 2023 Result
- After exam, IIM Lucknow announces CAT result 2023.
- The CAT result date depends on post-examination processes of Indian Institute of Management Lucknow.
- If you appeared in the Common Admission Test, then you can check the CAT result to know score, rank at iimcat.ac.in and participate in CAT 2023 counselling.
CAT – An Overview
The important highlights of this exam are as follows.
|Name of Exam||CAT|
|CAT Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|More Exams Of This Type||MBA Entrance Exams|
|Scale Of This Exam||National Level|
|State or Region For Which This Exam Is Most Relevant||India |
(note – this does not indicate domicile requirement.
it only refers to states or regions where score
accepting colleges are situated)
|Organization That Holds This Exam||IIM Lucknow|
|IIM Lucknow Full Form||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow|
|Programs or Courses Where Admission Is Through This Test||MBA, PGDM|
|Colleges or Universities Where Admission Is Through This Test||IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores|
|List of IIMs||Indian Institutes of Management Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bangalore, |
Bodh Gaya, Calcutta, Indore, Jammu, Kashipur, Kozhikode, Lucknow,
Nagpur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shillong, Sirmaur,
Tiruchirappalli, Udaipur, Visakhapatnam
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Subjects in Question Paper||Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension|
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
If you have any queries about CAT 2023, then please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.