CAT 2022 Exam – IIM Bangalore has released CAT 2022 admit card on 27 October at iimcat.ac.in under login. Thereafter the exam will be held. The CAT 2022 exam date is 27 November 2022. The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a National level MBA entrance exam. It is conducted by IIM Bangalore for admission to MBA, PGDM in IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores. Students who wish to appear in CAT exam can get here the latest news and preparation material including exam date, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, question papers.
Latest – CAT 2022 admit card is out. Get the link to download the admit card here
CAT 2022 Exam
About the exam: CAT 2022 Exam is short for Common Admission Test. It is an MBA entrance exam at the National level. Organized by IIM Bangalore, CAT Exam is for admission to MBA, PGDM.
CAT 2022 Exam Date
The CAT 2022 exam date, registration release & last date, admit card release date, answer key date, result date are as follows.
|Important Events of CAT Exam 2022||Dates|
|Release of notification||31 Jul 2022|
|Release of CAT Exam registration 2022||03 Aug 2022 (10 AM)|
|Last date to apply at iimcat.ac.in||14 Sep 2022 (5 PM)|
|CAT Exam admit card 2022 release date||27 Oct 2022 (5 PM)|
|CAT 2022 exam date||27 Nov 2022|
|Session Timings||3 sessions|
|Issuance of answer key||TBA|
|CAT 2022 Exam result date and time||TBA|
Candidates must keep checking iimcat.ac.in for any changes in the Common Admission Test dates.
CAT 2022 Exam Admit Card
The admit card of CAT 2022 Exam is issued by Indian Institute of Management Bangalore for those who have submitted registration.
- Release Date – The release date of CAT Exam admit card 2022 is as per decision of IIM Bangalore. Please refer the dates table above
- Download Link – Candidates can get the direct link to download the CAT Exam hall ticket at iimcat.ac.in.
- How to download CAT Exam admit card 2022? – In order to download the admit card of Common Admission Test, candidates need to access the CAT 2022 Exam login. Then login with the login credentials.
Important Downloads and Official Links
CAT Exam 2022 Overview
|Aspects of the CAT Exam||Details|
|Name of Exam||CAT 2022 Exam|
|Full Form||Common Admission Test|
|Exam Organizing Body||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore)|
|Convenor of IIM CAT 2022||Prof Ashis Mishra|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Type of Exam||MBA entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through CAT Exam||MBA, PGDM|
|Colleges in which admission is through CAT Exam||IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores|
|Exam Centers / Cities||150 cities; Candidates can chose six optional cities|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours|
|Types of Questions||Not disclosed – Last year there were MCQs and Type in the answer (TITA) type questions|
|Total Number of Questions||Not disclosed – Last year there were 66 questions|
|Subjects in Exam||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam||Graduation|
CAT 2022 Exam Syllabus
MBA aspirants look for the syllabus of Common Admission Test before exam. The CAT exam syllabus contains all the topics from which questions will be asked in the MBA exam. The CAT Exam syllabus is as follows.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of CAT 2022 Exam is as follows.
IIM Bangalore has not disclosed the distribution of questions. Last year the exam pattern was as follows.
|Section||No. of Questions||No. of MCQs||No. of TITA|
|Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||24||19||5|
|Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||20||15||5|
|Section III: Quantitative Ability||22||15||7|
Marking Scheme (not disclosed for CAT 2022 exam, last year it was as follows)
- MCQ : +3, -1
- TITA: +3, no negative marking
Other aspects of the exam are as follows.
- Mode: IIM Bangalore will hold the Common Admission Test as Computer Based Test .
- The exam will be of 2 hours.
- Sectional timing is 40 minutes per section
- Type of questions: The questions in the question paper will be as follows – (not disclosed for CAT 2022 exam, last year it was as follows) MCQ, TITA type.
- Language of question paper: The CAT Exam question paper 2022 will be in these languages – English languages.
CAT 2022 Exam Answer Key
After the exam, students seek out the CAT Exam answer key. Using this, one can calculate marks scored in the Common Admission Test exam and predict their result.
- Unofficial Answer Key – Many MBA entrance exam coaching centers release unofficial answer keys of CAT exam just after the exam. Candidates can check them on the same day.
- Official Answer Key – IIM Bangalore releases the official answer key of CAT 2022 Exam at its discretion. Candidates can download the same from iimcat.ac.in.
CAT 2022 Exam Result
The result of CAT 2022 Exam is declared by the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore as per the result date and time decided by them.
- CAT 2022 Exam result date and time – The result date and time for CAT 2022 Exam is decided by IIM Bangalore. Check the dates section for the same.
- Link – The direct link to check Common Admission Test result is made available on the official website iimcat.ac.in.
- How to check CAT 2022 Exam result – Candidates need to go to the official website iimcat.ac.in and click on the relevant CAT Exam result / merit list 2022 link. Then, in case of CAT 2022 Exam scorecard / rank, login with login id and password. If there is a CAT 2022 Exam merit list pdf, one can simply download it.
CAT 2022 Exam Registration
The CAT registration 2022 is opened by IIM Bangalore as per schedule.
CAT 2022 Exam registration – In order to apply for the Common Admission Test, candidates must first do registration at iimcat.ac.in before the last date.
How to apply?
In order to apply for CAT 2022 Exam, candidates must do the following:
- Go to the official website iimcat.ac.in.
- Then do registration for the CAT exam.
- After that fill all personal, educational, contact details in the CAT 2022 Exam registration.
- Also, upload documents such as photograph, signature in the CAT Exam online registration.
- Finally, pay the registration fee as prescribed by the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
Registration fees –
- ₹1150 for SC, ST and PwD category candidates.
- ₹2300 for all other categories of candidates.
CAT 2022 Exam Eligibility Criteria
Students must check the eligibility criteria of CAT exam before applying. The important points for eligibility criteria are the following.
Educational qualification – Candidates can appear in this exam after Bachelor’s Degree. He/she should fulfill any of the following criteria
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA/Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)) with required percentage.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage.
Minimum marks – They should have at least following marks : 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories].
For complete eligibility criteria, refer to official website iimcat.ac.in, information brochure, and this document.
Subscribe and Follow Aglasem for CAT 2022 Exam Latest News
List of IIMs and Their Programs
CAT website : http://www.iimcat.ac.in
Help Desk Number : 18002108720
Qs 1. What is CAT exam?
Ans 1. The CAT exam is held annually by the IIM Bangalore. It is an MBA entrance exam. Through this exam, candidates get admission to MBA, PGDM in IIMs, and other B-Schools, MBA colleges in India accepting CAT scores.
Qs 2. How can I apply for CAT 2022 Exam?
Ans 2. You can apply for the Common Admission Test for academic session 2022-23 by filling the registration. Visit iimcat.ac.in and check the registration form. Enter details, and pay fee before the last date to apply for CAT exam.
Qs 3. Who can appear in the Common Admission Test?
Ans 3. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can appear in the CAT exam.
Qs 4. What is the official website?
Ans 4. The official website is iimcat.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.