Karnataka MBBS Admission Through NEET 2020 conducted under the supervision of Karnataka Examinations Authority. Candidates are granted admission to the undergraduate medical and dental courses only on the basis of NEET 2020. Karnataka Examinations Authority will not hold any other entrance exam for MBBS admissions. If you wish to get participate in the Karnataka MBBS admission 2020 it is necessary that you register yourself for the process through the application form that is released by KEA (Karnataka Examinations Authority). Thus, candidates who wish to get admission in the Karnataka state quota need to apply for the MBBS courses for the state quota of Karnataka through NEET 2020 exam which is conducting by the National Testing Agency (NTA). You can get the complete details about the Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020 on this page below.
Karnataka MBBS Admission Through NEET 2020
Selection of candidates is strictly done on the basis of NEET 2020. KEA releases the online application form of Karnataka MBBS admission 2020 on their official website. Candidates should note that admissions to a certain percentage of state quota seats will be granted through NEET 2020 score, whereas the admissions to the remaining seats will be granted through the MBBS admission 2020 process conducted by the state.
The below-given schedule indicates all the important events for the Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020:
|Availability of Karnataka MBBS Online Application Form||02nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to submit the Online Application Form||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date to pay registration fees||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|Verification of Documents||03rd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of seats and fee structure||04th week of Jun 2020|
|Option entry by eligible candidates||01st week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Mock Allotment Results||01st week of Jul 2020|
|Provision to change option entry||01st week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Round 1 Allotment Result||01st week of Jul 2020|
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka MBBS 2020 Admission
Candidates are advised to check the general eligibility before filing the online application form for Karnataka MBBS 2020 admission. One can check the general eligibility criteria from the below-mentioned information & schedule. Registration doesn’t qualify a candidate to take the admission he/she must need to fulfill the following criteria:
- The candidate who fulfills the eligibility conditions laid down in CET-2006 admission rules and have qualified in NEET 2020 but not attended the earlier document verification will have to register compulsorily can attend the verification with all the necessary documents / certificates as per the schedule.
- The educational qualifications / eligibility criteria prescribed by the Competent Authority in regulations / guidelines issued from time to time will be applicable in deciding the eligibility.
- Eligibility / admissions / allotments made to and by the colleges shall be subject to approval by MCI / DCI / Government / RGUHS / Concerned University / Apex Bodies / etc
|For Admission in the 1st year (as per course)||Eligibility (as per qualifying exam, a candidate must have)|
|MBBS||Passed in 2nd PUC / 12th Std / Equivalent Exam with English as one of the Languages and obtained a Minimum of 50% of Marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects. (*40% for SC, ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates)|
- Eligibility (as per NEET exam): In the candidate’s NEET scorecard, it must be mentioned as “qualified” in the NEET exam.
- Criteria to determine Rank/Merit: Determination of rank/merit will be based on NEET score
Registration for Karnataka MBBS Admission 2020
The application process for Karnataka state MBBS admissions 2020 releases online because NEET 2020 announces the results and sent the merit list to each state admissions authority. So, the Karnataka MBBS 2020 admission authority is Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) released the official notification stating that they are now accepting the online application for admission in MBBS colleges. The NEET 2020 declares the list of qualified candidates. Now candidates who wish to participate in the admissions process can fill the online application form via KEA portal. To complete the online application form process, candidates need to register for the same & need to pay the application fees.
The prescribed registration fee as per last year of Rs. 500/- (for SC/ST/Cat-1/PWD candidates), Rs. 1000/- (for General/2A/2B/3A/3B candidates) and Rs. 2000/- (for NRI/OCI/PIO/Foreign Nationals candidates) should be remitted through payment gateway provided using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India.
Karnataka MBBS Counselling 2020
After the entry of options are completed, based on the options entered by the candidates in the order of merit and by following the Roster System Mock Allotment will be carried. This Mock Seat Allotment is only an indicative seat status which candidate may or may not get in the real allotment. It helps the candidate to revise, update, add or delete already the entered options. Based on the Mock Allotment a candidate can get an indicative allotment of college/course/ stream as per his / her priority of options. Access to the mock result has been enabled to the candidates. Candidates can enter their CET Number to know their mock result. It is hosted on the website, Candidates can also view the details of seat allotted as per their options priority.
Karnataka MBBS Document Verification
Candidates have to attend the document verification process on as per the schedule with all the necessary original documents and one set of self-attested photocopies of the same. candidates who have registered through online and declared and paid the registration fees are only eligible to participate in the verification process. You can check the instructions from previous year for document verification for reference purposes-
Note: Candidates should not attend the document verification based on Category Rank. Candidates have to attend for document verification based on NEET All India Rank only.
Karnataka MBBS Merit List 2020
After registration of candidates, the provisional State Merit List Shall be notified which shall also indicate the updated category status of the candidates. The candidates who do not register will not be eligible to participate for counselling/ allotment of seats notwithstanding merit of such candidates. Notwithstanding that the number of seats being limited, Board may allow such number of candidates to participate in the counselling as may be deemed appropriate by the Board.
The allotment of seats will be conducted in two rounds and each round consists of three phases and each phase consists of number of iterations.
- First Round.
- Second Round.
Reservations for Admission in Karnataka MBBS 2020
Non-Karnataka candidates are not be eligible for reservation. Hence, in the NEET-2020 examination, if they have scored the required minimum marks or above fixed for others category as per the qualifying criteria i.e., 50th Percentile, then only they are eligible to register for admissions through KEA or for any other seats in the state of Karnataka. Please note that SC/ST/OBC eligibility criteria are applicable to Karnataka SC/ST/OBC candidates only. According to previous year information released by exam conducting authority, the reservation criteria is as below-
Karnataka MBBS Cut Off 2020
The following cut off ranges is based on the previous year information, students can get the idea of the cut off ranges for the selection.
- Click here to check Medical/Dental Cutoff – (General) – Second Round Mock Allotment.
- Click here to check check Medical/Dental Cutoff – (Hyd-Kar)- Second Round Mock Allotment.
- Click here to check the Medical/Dental Cutoff Private/NRI/Others Quota – Second Round Mock Allotment.
- Click here to check Medical/Dental Cutoff – (General) – First Round Allotment.
- Click here to check Medical/Dental Cutoff – (Hyd-Kar)- First Round Allotment
- Click here to check Medical/Dental Cutoff – Private/NRI/Others Quota – First Round Allotment
- Click here to check the Medical/Dental Cutoff – (General) – Mock Allotment.
- Click here to check the Medical/Dental Cutoff – (Hyd-Kar)- Mock Allotment.
- Click here to check the Medical/Dental Cutoff – Private/NRI/Others Quota – Mock Allotment.
Karnataka state releases seat matrix for different categories for admission in MBBS (St. John’s Medical College, Karnataka) candidates can check the same from below for reference purpose:
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – General as on July 04, 2019.
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – Special Category as on July 04, 2019.
- Medical & Dental – Private Quota (P) as on July 04, 2019.
- Medical & Dental – NRI Quota (N) as on July 04, 2019
- Medical & Dental – OtherQuota (Q) as on July 04, 2019
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – Hyd-Kar
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – General
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – Hyd-Kar
- Medical & Dental – Govt. Quota (G) – Special Category
- Medical & Dental – Private Quota (P)
- Medical & Dental – NRI Quota (N)
- Medical & Dental – Other Quota (Q)
|Category||No. of seats|
|All India General Merit||10|
|Institutional Staff Quota||10|
|Roman Catholic Christian Religious Sisters (Nuns)||20|
|Roman Catholic Christian Tribals||10|
|Roman Catholic Christian of Schedule Caste Origin||10|
|Native (Local) North Indian Roman Catholic Christians||10|
|Roman Catholic Christians of Karnataka State||10|
|Roman Catholic Christians- All India Open Permit||60|
|Karnataka State Open Merit||10|
Official Website: cetonline.karnataka.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.