Directorate of Medical Education, Health & Family Welfare Government of Tripura started the registrations for the online counselling to Tripura MBBS Admission for the academic year 2018-2019. All these candidates must have to appear for NEET 2018. The seat distribution is to be made through a counselling process that is to be done by the Counselling committee of the concerned university soon. But before that the NEET qualified candidates have to fill the application form. The candidates are advised to read this article for a clear explanation of the same.
All the successful candidates have attended the counselling process and secured their seat. All colleges have sent the list of seats in their departments to DME who had then declare the counselling programme. Counselling is strictly done on the basis of the merit list and setas will be offered strictly based on the number of seats available in the sponsoring college. Physical appearance in the counselling process is mandatory.
Colleges offering the course
|Course||Institute||Management type||Seat intake|
|MBBS||Agartala Government Medical College, Agartala||Govt.||100|
|MBBS||Tripura Medical College and Dr. B R A M Teaching Hospital, Agartala||Trust||100|
Tripura MBBS Admission 2018
Entry to professional MBBS and BDS programmes in various government, private and deemed universities in Tripura state are done on the basis of NEET 2018 scores from 2018 onwards. Tripura Board of Joint Entrance examination will not conduct any separate entrance exam for the same purpose.
Schedule for 1st Round of online Counselling for MBBS/BDS course for the academic session 2018.
|Registration||25 to 28 Jun 2018|
|Choice Filling (Course of Medical College)||On or before 02 Jul 2018|
|Result and Seat Allotment||04 Jul 2018|
|Nomination of the selected candidates (At DME office)||07 Jul 2018|
|Reporting to the Medical College||On or before 12 Jul 2018|
|Seat Surrender by the candidates on online mode||On or before 12 Jul 2018|
Note: All the NEET UG – 2018 qualified candidates of the state and other are requested to register themselves very carefully during online 1st round of counseling after viewing all the steps of registration and also fill the choice of both for course (MBBS & BDS) and Medical Colleges after viewing the seat matrix given below, as a minor mistake of the candidate reject the candidature of that candidate.
First round of counselling
The 1st round of counselling has been held in the month of July 2018. The candidates had appeared in physical along with the documents and the course fee. It is possible that there will be only 1 round of counselling. The counselling committee may hold 2nd round of counselling if needed. Counselling committee will maintain the record of the seats being accepted or rejected by the candidate and taking their signature in the register of the department. Allotment result for the first round of counselling has been also declared.
- Click here to check a list of non-eligible candidates to get the nomination letter.
- Click here to check the Allotment Result of UG 1st Round Counseling (Tripura State Domicile)
- Click here to check the Allotment Result of UG 1st Round Counseling (Other than Tripura State Domicile)
- Click Here to check the notification for the commencement of 1st year MBBS class.
Documents to be produced at the time of counselling
All the applicants are requested to enclose their self attested xerox copies of the following documents alongwith their application:-
- Age Proof.
- Aadhar Card / e-aadhar Card
- Madhyamik marksheet & admit card
- NEET 2018 Rank Card
- NEET Admit Card
- Marksheet of 12th class (2 attested copies)
- Passing Certificate of qualifying examinations
- Category Certificate SC/ST/PH
- Demand Draft (Original)
Registration Fees for 1st Round Online Common Counseling (Non-Refundable)
A. For State domiciled candidates:
- Registration Fee – Rs.600/- for Unreserved (UR) category of candidates.
- Registration Fee – Rs.300/- for Reserved (SC & ST) category of candidates.
B. Registration Fee for Other than State domiciled:
- Rs.1,000/- for Unreserved (UR) category of candidates.
- Rs.500/- for Reserved (SC & ST) category of candidates.
State Merit List for Tripura MBBS Admission 2018 has been published by the officials. The candidates, whose name are in the merit list, are eligible to apply for counselling of Tripura MBBS Admission 2018. Candidates can check the merit list form the official website OR through the direct link which has been provided below.
Merit List: Click Here to check the state merit list.
- A candidate must qualify the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)-2018 and also meet all the criteria as mentioned in NEET INFORMATION BULLETEIN (SESSION 2018-19) and GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION REGULATION of Medical Council of India for admission in 1st year MBBS course for the academic year 2018-19.
- Age Requirement- the candidate must have completed at least 17 years as on 31 December 2017.
- Upper age relaxation- 5 years for SC/ST/OBC
- Intermediate Requirement- applicant must have passed 12th class or equivalent
- Subjects- the aspirant must have studied English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology
- NEET Qualification- the subject must have qualified NEET 2018
- Final year candidates- the candidates who have appeared for 12th class qualifying examination from science stream but is awaiting his result may also apply on condition that his/her result is declared before the screening by the committee.
- All admissions are subject to verification of the original certificates / documents produced by the candidates. Regarding the eligibility of any applicant, the decision of the Permanent Admission Committee constituted by the Medical College Authority as per the MCI guidelines shall be final.
- All admissions are subject to medical fitness of the candidate. Admission will be denied to candidates if found medically unfit.
Domicile Criteria for the counselling of NEET UG Courses for the year 2018-19
The applicant must be an Indian Citizen and a Permanent Resident of Tripura. The applicant
or his / her parents must have been residing in the State of Tripura continuously for not less than 10(ten) Years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at NEET- UG 2018.
Children of All India Services Officers borne in Tripura Cadre and the Children of the
Employees of the State Government posted outside Tripura will be eligible to appear at the
Counseling irrespective of their prior stay in Tripura.
In case a candidate is not permanent resident of Tripura but his / her parent is an officer on
deputation to the Government of Tripura / Officer of the Central Government working in Tripura and has served in Tripura continuously for a period of 3(three) years or more and due to appear passed Higher Secondary Examination from an Institution of Tripura, he/she will be eligible for appearing in the Counseling.
In case of wards of Ex-Servicemen, either the candidate or his / her parents must have been
staying in Tripura continuously for not less than 5 (five) years immediately prior to the date of
making application for appearing at NEET UG / PG 2018 Examination and the candidate must have passed already or appeared / due to appear at the H5 (+2 stage) Examination in the year of NEET UG, 2018 Examination from any legally recognized Institution of India with subjects in which he she desires to appear at the NEET UG, 2018. Children of serving Defense Personnel (Army/Navy/Air Force) hailing from Tripura are also allowed to appear for counseling provided that their children should have stayed in Tripura continuously not less than 5 (five) years immediately prior to the date of making application for appearing at the NEET UG, 2018 Examination and that the candidate must have passed or appeared / due to appear at the H.S (+ stage) examination from any Institution of Tripura with the subjects in which he / she desires to appear in the NEET UG, 2018 Examination.
All the candidates will have to fill an application form. The candidates applying against State Quota and students applying for seat against All India Quota will fill up the form separately. It would be mentioned on the top of the application form. Hence, You have to take a print of the correct application form and fill the required particulars. The particulars required to be filled are:-
- Name of Applicant
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name / Guardian’s Name
- Father’s/Guardian’s profession
- Category- OTHERS/ SC/ ST/ PH/ Ex Army
- Locomotors Disability (lower Limb)- tick mark “YES” or “NO”
- If Yes, percentage of Locomotors Disability(lower Limb)
- Date of Birth Day Month Year
- Blood Group
- Address for communication
- Mobile No.
- E-mail ID
- Permanent Address
- Contact No. of Guardian
- Marks obtained in qualifying exam (10+2) / Equivalent with Name of Board/University:- % Marks in English, % Marks in Physics, % Marks in Chemistry, % Marks in Biology, % Marks in PCB.
- Mark Obtained in NEET(UG)-2018
- Percentile Score
- All India Rank(Overall)
- Category Rank
- Category- PH-Rank
- Amount paid for Application
- Payment done in Demand Draft-
- Signature of the Applicant
The candidates who wishes to surrender his/her seat offered in the 01st round of counselling hoping to get a better seat in 02nd round of counselling and it so happens that the next round of counselling is held, the candidate shall not be allowed to exercise his preference. He will have to stick to the seat he has been offered by the committee. He will have to accept the seat available in the college at the point of 02nd round. Also candidate surrendering his/her seat shall have to apply to the counselling committee within the 7 days of seat allotment.
Second round of counselling
After 01st round of counselling, all the medical colleges shall have to inform the chairman of the counselling committee about the seat status. DME will calculate the seat status and inform the candidates through all the medical colleges. You will be able to see the category wise, course wise vacancy of seats in the courses and the colleges so that the next course of action can take place. The candidates will then be called according to their merit position.
Fee Structure for the academic session 2018-19 as under:-
Fee Structure for Tripura State Domiciled category belonging to economically poor families:
Interested NEET UG – 2018 qualified candidates willing to register themselves for online 1st round of counseling are requested to follow the seat matrix for MBBS & BDS courses in different Medical Colleges for the academic year 2018-19 from the available seats.
Official Website: www.tmc.nic.in
For more information about Tripura MBBS Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure