|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
KEAM 2018 is state level entrance exam conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE) every year. The CEE as of now has just announced the exam date and the centers for the Engineering Entrance Examination. KEAM 2018 be held on April 23, 2018, for Paper 1 (Physics and Chemistry) and 24, 2018 for Paper 2 (Mathematics) for admission in Engineering Courses.
As per the latest news report, medical, agriculture, forestry, veterinary, fisheries courses admissions in Kerala will be done on the basis of NEET exam organized by CBSE. Hence KEAM 2018 is now only for engineering admissions, however, the application will be available for all courses. The Application form for KEAM 2018 is expected to be available from February 2018 onwards by online mode. Those who will successfully register for the exam will be issued KEAM 2018 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket and can appear for the test. The shortlisting of candidates for engineering admission will be on the basis of marks obtained in the Entrance Examination and marks obtained in the qualifying examination, i.e, Class 12th or its equivalent. Get here complete details of KEAM 2018 including dates, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, admit card, result, cut off.
The admission in MBBS/ BDS courses in Kerala State will be on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in NEET 2018 exam. As per the MCI schedule, NEET 2018 shall be held between May 01 to 07, 2018 and its result will be declared on June 01, 2018. Further, the candidate can check the exam for engineering entrance exam and the expected schedule for the rest of the events in the table below.
|KEAM 2018 Application Form shall be available by||Feb 2018|
|The last date to submit application form will be||Feb 2018|
|Issuance of KEAM 2018 Admit Card||Apr 2018|
|KEAM 2018 exam date
Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry
Paper 2 – Mathematics
23 Apr 2018 (10 AM to 12.30 PM)
24 Apr 2018 (10 AM to 12.30 PM)
|Declaration of Result||May 2018|
Last year, the information brochure for KEAM was available by January 31. So, it is expected that CEE will issue the information brochure for KEAM 2018 by the last week of January or 01st week of February 2018.
KEAM 2018 Exam Date Notification
CEE Kerala published notifications in for Kerala engineering entrance exam in English as well as the Malayalam language. Both are given below.
Courses Offered through KEAM 2018
The candidates are offered admission in the following Professional Courses for the academic session 2018:
Engineering Courses :
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)includes all Courses
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses:
- BSc.(Hons.) Agri.
- BSc.(Hons.) Forestry
- 1. Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- 1. Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc.. )
Eligibility Criteria for KEAM 2018
The aspirants before proceeding to apply online for the entrance exam must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by CEE. The eligibility criteria to appear for KEAM 2018 is as follows:
Age: The applicant must have completed 17 years of age. There shall be no relaxation in the minimum age.
Nativity: Only Indian citizens are eligible for admission. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be treated at par with Indian citizens for the limited purpose of admission. However, they will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
- For all Engineering courses: The candidates should have passed HSC of the Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala, or equivalent examination in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology. Also, the applicant should secure a minimum 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50 % marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science/Biotechnology.
- For B.Arch: The applicant should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised Board with Mathematics as a subject OR Should possess a 10+3 Diploma recognised by Central/State Governments with Mathematics as a subject OR possess an International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination.
KEAM 2018 Application Form
The application form for KEAM 2018 will be available online at the official website of CEE. The candidates should send only one application for admission to any or all of the courses in KEAM 2018. Firstly, the aspirants shall have to register online by entering the basic details such as their Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number. Upon completing the registration part the applicants shall receive an Application Number for future logins. Next, the candidate should fill in their Personal Details, Educational Qualification and other details, upload photograph, signature and left thumb impression, make payment for the application fee and submit the application form online. Also, the applicants shall have to submit the print out of filled up application form along with the relevant documents and send it by post to the Office of CEE.
As per last year’s information, the applicants shall have to pay the following amount by Online Payment (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or E-challan:
|ST||Exempted from paying the application fee|
KEAM 2018 Admit Card
The admit card for KEAM 2018 will be issued by CEE online at its official website. Usually, the KEAM Admit Card 2018 is available for download a week or two before the exam. The candidate will be able to download their KEAM Hall Ticket/ Admit Card by entering details such as Application Number, Password, Date of Birth. The applicants should carry the print out of the KEAM Hall Ticket on the day of the examination.
Exam Pattern for KEAM 2018
Now even though KEAM 2018 exam information brochure has not yet been released (which will contain exam pattern), usually exam pattern remains the same, so you can refer to that to start with. The structure for KEAM 2018 is as follows:
|KEAM Exam||Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
- Number of Questions: 120
- Type of Questions:120
- Duration of the exam: 150 minutes
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: There shall be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect response.
- Entrance Examination for Engineering courses will be conducted with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
KEAM 2018 Syllabus
Candidates can check here complete syllabus for KEAM as per previous year information:
How To Prepare For KEAM 2018?
There is no hard and fast rule for clearing the obstacle that lies in your way. Students will have to work hard and dedicatedly to clear the Kerala Engineering Entrance Exam with good marks.
Plan your timetable accordingly. The timetable should include enough time for you to learn, practice, revise and short breaks in between. By planning a good timetable you will be disciplined for the study schedule.
Prepare according to the syllabus only.
Practice from previous years questions papers. This should be done once the students are confident enough to take the test. By solving the previous year papers, the students will be able to know the nature of the questions, and how well have they performed.
Follow only limited books and guides for preparation. Studying from too many books will only confuse you.
Write down down the important points, formulas, and revise them daily.
KEAM 2018 Answer key
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations will publish the KEAM Answer Key 2018 online. The Answer Key for KEAM 2018 shall be available for download in pdf format at the official website of KEAM. The Answer Key for the entrance examination is usually released a day or two after the exam. The answer key consists of correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. With the help of the KEAM 2018 Answer Key, the applicants can calculate their probable score as per the marking scheme is given by the CEE. Also, the candidate can estimate their chances of qualifying the KEAM 2018 entrance examination.
KEAM 2018 Selection Criteria
The candidates will be shortlisted for admission in various Engineering and B.Arch courses for the academic session 2018 on the basis of the following:
- For all Engineering Courses: The selection of a candidate for admission will be done on the basis of their merit in the Engineering Entrance Examination and marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Equal weightage of 50:50 shall be given to the score obtained in the Entrance Examination for Engineering (Paper I & Paper II put together), and the grade/marks obtained in the final year of the qualifying examination for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together. The subjects of the qualifying examination considered for the computation of marks for the purpose of ranking shall be Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Bio-Technology/ Biology.
- For B.Arc Program: A Rank list for admission to B. Arch Course will be prepared by giving equal weightage to the score obtained in the ‘National Aptitude Test in Architecture’ (NATA) and to the
marks/grades obtained in the Qualifying Examination by the candidate. It is important that the candidate should qualify NATA 2018.
KEAM 2018 Result
The result of KEAM 2018 shall be announced in the fourth week of May 2018. The result will be published in online mode only. The exam conducting body will also publish a separate merit list for all the courses on the basis of marks secured by the candidate. The Merit list for KEAM 2018 will be prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% of marks obtained in the KEAM exam and 50% for marks scored in the qualifying examination.
KEAM 2018 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, those candidates whose name appear in the merit list will be eligible to participate in KEAM Counselling 2018. There shall be an online counseling process for admission. Candidates included in the Rank lists for Engineering, Architecture, have to register their options in the stream(s) concerned for being considered for allotments to the courses and colleges under the respective stream(s). On the basis of the merit, choices filled and availability of seat, the candidate will be allotted a seat. Candidates who get allotment will have to report before the Principal/Head of the Institution for document verification. At the time of reporting to the allotted college, the candidate has to bring along documents in proof of Academic Background, Date of Birth, Category, etc.
For more information of KEAM, check last year’s information brochure.