KEAM 2018 is the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical entrance exam. Commissioner for Entrance Examinations Kerala will hold KEAM for admission to professional courses. CEE Kerala conducts the state level examination, KEAM 2018, for admission to various courses in Engineering, medical and Allied, Architecture. It is important that candidates should register online for any of the desired courses. On basis of rank in this entrance exam, the candidates will get offer for admission in various streams of engineering courses. For admission in medical and allied health science courses including agriculture, candidates must qualify the NEET exam and for architecture course, candidates have to clear the NATA exam. Check more details on KEAM 2018 from the article below.
Date of issuance of KEAM 2018 notification is expected in December 2017.
Interested candidates can register online for the desired program on the official website of CEE, i.e., www.cee-kerala.org. The schedule for the academic session 2018 is yet to be available. Candidates till then refer to the tentative schedule, prepared from the last year’s information:
|Online application process begins from||First week of February 2018|
|Last date for submitting the online application with fee payment||Last week of February 2018|
|Last date for receipt of Printout of Online Application along with supporting documents||Last week of February 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||Second week of April 2018|
|KEAM 2018 Engineering Entrance exam date||Fourth week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Engineering Entrance Examination, Architecture, MBBS/BDS, Medical & Allied and Ayurveda Rank lists||Fourth week of May 2018|
KEAM 2018 Application Form
- The registration for KEAM 2018 will be through online mode only.
- On registering successfully, candidates will receive an Application Number which they can use to login to the candidate portal.
- Candidates need to provide correct details while filling in details in the application form.
- Also, before filling in details in the online application, candidates need to upload photograph, signature and left thumb impression in the application form.
- On completion of the above-mentioned steps, proceed to make payment for the registration fee.
- The registration fees payment can be through either online payment or e-challan.
|ST||Exempted from paying the application fee|
The application process will be incomplete without submitting the online applications long with the specified documents to the office of CEE.
KEAM 2018 Admit Card
CEE Kerala will issue admit card of KEAM 2018 for only those candidates whose applications were on time and correct. Availability of admit card will be online only on the official website of CEE. Candidates will be able to download their admit card by entering the application number and Password. The admit card will consist of the schedule and time table of the engineering entrance examination. The candidates will have to report at the examination center as printed on the admit card.
KEAM 2018 Exam Pattern
- Each paper of the engineering entrance exam will consist of 120 MCQ type questions.
- Overall 150 minutes will be there to complete each paper.
- Entrance Examination for Engineering courses will be conducted with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
The exam will consist of two parts:
- Part A: Physics and Chemistry
- Part B: Mathematics
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Preparation tip for KEAM 2018
- There is no hard and fast rule for clearing the obstacle that lies in your way. Students will have to work hard and dedicatedly to clear the entrance test with good marks.
- Plan your timetable accordingly. The time table should include enough time for you to lean, practice, revise and short breaks in between. By planning a good time table you will be disciplined for the study schedule.
- Prepare according to the syllabus only.
- Practice from previous years question papers. This should be done once the students is confident enough to take the test. By solving the previous year papers, the students will be able to know the nature of the questions, and how well have they performed.
- Follow only limited books and guides for preparation. Studying from too many books will only confuse you.
- Try to write down down the important points, formulas, etc. and revise them daily.
The Commissioner of Entrance Examinations will publish the answer key for both part of the engineering entrance examination. The answer key for KEAM 2018 will be available a day or two after the exam. With the help of answer key, candidates will be able to check the answers and calculate their probable score. The scores should be calculated as per the given marking scheme only.
The result of KEAM 2018 will be announced in the fourth week of May 2018. The result will be published in online mode only. The exam conducting body will also publish a separate merit list for all the courses on the basis of marks secured by the candidate. The Merit list for KEAM 2018 will be prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks obtained in the KEAM exam and 50% for marks scored in the qualifying exam.
For more information of KEAM, check last year’s information brochure.
Insofar, official details of KEAM 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as CEE Kerala releases KEAM 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.