CEE conducts the KEAM, a state level entrance exam which is held every year. This examination is only for the engineering and pharmacy courses because as per the latest news report, medical, agriculture, forestry, veterinary, fisheries courses admissions in Kerala will be done on the basis of NEET exam organized by CBSE. As per the latest report CEE has released the notification inviting fresh applicants for admission to Architecture/Medical & Allied courses(including MBBS & BDS) in the State from candidates who have not yet submitted applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM. Get here complete details of KEAM including dates, answer keys, result, cut off and much more.
The admission engineering and pharmacy courses will be done through KEAM, however, the admission in MBBS/ BDS courses in Kerala State will be on the basis of the marks secured by the candidate in NEET exam. Similarly for Architecture courses admission will be done on the basis of NATA. Further, the candidate can check the exam for engineering entrance exam and the schedule for the rest of the events in the table below.
|KEAM 2018||Dates||KEAM 2020||Dates|
|KEAM 2018 Application Form shall be available by||01 Feb 2018||Application Form||1st week Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form along with the fees will be||28 Feb 2018||Last date to submit the application form||Last week Feb 2020|
|Last date for receipt of Printout of Online Application along with supporting documents||31 Mar 2018||Last date for receipt Printout of Online Application||Last week Mar 2020|
|Issuance of KEAM 2018 Admit Card||10 Apr 2018||Issuance of KEAM 2020 Admit Card||2nd week Apr 2020|
|KEAM 2018 exam date
||KEAM 2020 exam date
|Declaration of Result||22 May 2018||Declaration of Result||3rd week May 2020|
It must be noted that the entrance exam will only be conducted for the engineering courses, selection for other courses will be based on common entrance exams like NEET 2018 and NATA 2018.
Courses Offered through KEAM
The candidates are offered admission in the following Professional Courses for the academic session:
Engineering Courses :
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)includes all Courses
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses:
- BSc.(Hons.) Agri.
- BSc.(Hons.) Forestry
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc)
Exam Pattern for KEAM
Now even though KEAM 2018 exam information brochure has not yet been released (which will contain exam pattern), usually exam pattern remains the same, so you can refer to that to start with. The structure for KEAM 2018 is as follows:
|KEAM Exam||Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of the exam: 150 minutes
- Marking Scheme: For each correct response in the Engineering Entrance Examination, the candidates will be awarded FOUR marks, and for each incorrect response, ONE mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Entrance Examination for Engineering courses will be conducted with a relative weightage of 5:3:2 in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
Candidates can check here complete syllabus for KEAM below: