CUSAT Exam 2022 – Cochin University of Science and Technology has extended the last date to submit the MBA application form till May 30, 2022. Whereas, CUSAT CAT 2022 exam for PG courses was held on May 14, & 15, 2022 and exam date for UG courses are June 22, 23 and 24, 2022. CUSAT, or Cochin University of Science and Technology, conducts the Common Admission Test for admission to all UG and PG Programme except Ph.D. and Diploma Programmes. It is a university-level entrance exams for candidates who wish to study at the university. It is held once a year. To know more details on CUSAT 2022 such as its eligibility, exam pattern, important dates, read the page below.
– The last date to submit the application form for CUSAT MBA CAT is extended till May 30, 2022. Click here to apply.
– CUSAT PG CAT 2022 answer key is out. Click here to get it.
– CUSAT CAT UG 2022 exam schedule has been revised. Scroll down to check it.
– CUSAT CAT 2022 – MBA Applicants – Score editing permission is enabled in Candidate profile. Click here to access the link.
– CUSAT CAT 2022 fee structure has been released. Scroll down to check it.
For more information about CUSAT 2022, have a look at the table given below.
|CUSAT CAT / CUSAT Admission 2022 Events||Dates|
|Start of CUSAT registration 2022 for admissions, and CUSAT CAT 2022||08 Feb 2022|
|Last date to submit CUSAT CAT 2022 application form for all UG, PG, MBA programs (except PhD, Diploma)||UG, PG (excluding MBA & M.Tech) – 31 Mar 2022|
MBA – 25 Apr 2022
|Last date to do the payment of CUSAT CAT 2022 application fee for UG, PG programs ( excluding MBA & M.Tech)||UG, PG (excluding MBA & M.Tech) – 02 Apr 2022|
|Last date to submit CUSAT CAT 2022 application form for MBA programs (except PhD, Diploma) with late fee||MBA – 30 May 2022|
|Remittance of fee (online only)||08 Feb – 15 Mar 2022|
|Online Registration for seats reserved for International Candidates||08 Feb – 30 Apr 2022|
|Online Registration to M Tech Programmes||08 Feb – 21 Apr 2022|
|Online Registration to M Tech Programmes with fine||30 Apr 2022|
|Issuance and receipt of applications for Ph.D, PDF, Diploma Programmes etc. from the Department/Schools/Centres concerned||08 Feb – 30 Apr 2022|
|Last date for editing the provision for UG & PG courses (excluding MBA & MTech)||02 Apr 2022|
|Downloading of Admit Card||PG courses – 03 – 14 May 2022|
|CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Date||PG courses – 14 & 15 May 2022 |
UG Courses – 22, 23, & 24 Jun 2022
|Release of answer key||PG courses – 18 May 2022|
|Last date for submitting Objection||PG courses – 20 May 2022|
|Declaration of results||To be announced!|
Note: The candidates who wish admissions for programmes other than Ph.D/ All Diploma Courses in CUSAT should apply for CAT through this portal. Candidates with a valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT(IIM)Score can apply for MBA programmes. These candidates will be ranked on the basis of KMAT/CMAT/CAT(IIM) Score, Group Discussion and Interview. For M.Tech programmes, preference will be given to candidates with valid GATE score in the respective subject. In the absence of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates without GATE score will be admitted on the basis of their performance in Department Admission Test (DAT) to be conducted by the Departments concerned.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Overview
|Name of Examination||CUSAT CAT 2022|
|Full name||Cochin University of Science and Technology Exam Common Admission Test 2022|
|Conducting Authority||Cochin University of Science and Technology|
|Mode of Application form||Online mode|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil, MCA, MA, etc|
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Schedule
Candidates can check the information related to CUSAT CAT 2022 exam date for UG, PG courses from below image:
For UG courses – Download CUSAT CAT UG 2022 Exam Schedule PDF
For PG courses
CUSAT CAT 2022 Admit Card
Admit Card for CUSAT Common Admission Test releases online at the official website of the exam conducting body. Candidates can download CUSAT 2022 hall ticket by enetring the email id and password. It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam centre as without it, candidates cannot give the examination. It specifies the name and address of the candidates, exam date, exam time, address of the exam centre etc.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission into CUSAT CAT 2022, can apply online on the official website. Those who fulfill the elgibility criteria of the desired course can register online to appear the test. Check the overview of how application form is filled and submitted.
- Go to the official website.
- Register by entering the details like name, parent’s name, gender, category.
- Enter the personal details, contact details, address details by logging in with the credentials sent after the registration.
- Upload the documents in the proper format.
- Select the course in which you want to take admission.
- Pay the application fee.
- Select the test centre for the test.
- As the last steps, take a printout of the application form.
Application fee – Candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee.
|Categories of seats / applicants||Application fee|
|Opting for State Merit / All India Quota seats (other than NRI / International / PIO / Children of Indian Gulf Workers)||Rs. 1100|
|For Kerala SC/ Kerala ST candidates to appear for a maximum of two test codes||Rs. 500|
|For general candidates||Rs. 500|
|For seats reserved for International Candidates/PIO||US$ 100|
|Children of Indian Gulf Workers||Rs. 6100|
|CGW candidates belonging to KSC / KST||Rs. 5500|
|NRI Seats (except CGW candidates)||Rs. 5,000|
Application fee for PhD and M Phil Programmes
|All category||Rs. 1100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 500|
Application fee for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Diploma and Certificate Programmes
|All category||Rs. 100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 50|
Mode of payment – Online using any one the below channels
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
CUSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT sets some terms and conditions for the students who want to pursue any of the course from the university. So, before heading for filling the application form, candidates must ensure that eligibility criteria provided below is fulfilled.
- Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) candidates ? The candidates who have passed qualifying examination in the desired course with minimum marks can apply.
- SEBC of Kerala State – Candidates belonging to non-creamy layer are going to get 5% relaxation in the minimum marks for qualifying examination.
- For M.Tech programme – For applying to this programmes, candidates must have a valid GATE score in the required subject and are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Undergraduate Programmes ? For undergraduate programs, except 3 year LLB programme, candidates who have completed their 10+2 with required eligibility conditions can take admission.
- LLB ? Candidates who have passed 10+2 can apply for 3 year LLB programmes.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Pattern
It is essential to check the exam pattern before the exam because it specifies the duration of the exam, total number of questions, marking scheme which is beneficial for the candidates for preparing a study plan. Below provided CUSAT exam pattern is based on last year record.
- Mode of exam – Online (CBT)
- Duration of exam – 3 hours
- Type of question – MCQ
- Marking scheme – +3 marks for every correct answer and -1 marks for every incorrect answer
Distribution table of questions of each course
B Tech & M Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme – Minimum marks required is 10 marks in each subject
B Tech LET Programm – maximum marks is 600
|Numerical Reasoning ability||60|
|Numerical Reasoning ability||45|
M Sc Programme in Sciences (5 year)
BBA LLB / B Com LLB
|Law related matters||25 questions|
|Reasoning/ Logical thinking||50 questions|
|General English||50 questions|
|GK/Current Affairs||25 questions|
LLM (IPR) PhD and /or LLM (IP) PhD
|Proficiency in English||40 questions|
|General Knowledge||15 questions|
|General aptitude in Intellectual Property Law||20 questions|
|Analytical and Reasoning Ability||40 questions|
|Aptitude to do Research||35 questions|
MCA /MCA Lateral Entry Programmes
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
MA Economic Programmes
CUSAT 2022 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and books, it is important for the candidates to follow some preparation tips for scoring well in the exam. Check the expert tips suggested here.
- Maintain a proper time table: Before starting with the preparation, make sure to plan out how much time will be devoted to a particular section. Follow the same time-table till the end of examination.
- Understand the concept: It is important for the candidates to understand the concepts behind a particular topic or problem rather than mugging up the topics.
- Watchyoutube videos: If you are not satisfied with any concept or topic, check the youtube videos on that topic and clear the doubts.
- Practice previous year question papers: Before appearing in any exam, it is important to practice as many question papers/sample papers for qualifying the exam.
- Revise: Revision is the most important technique to qualify the examination, so revise all the topics and chapters till a day before the exam.
CUSAT 2022 Result
Candidates can check their respective result for CUSAT CAT from the official website of CUSAT. For checking CUSAT 2022 result, candidates need to provide their user id and password. After the declaration of result, a merit list is also published which indicates the rank of the candidates. The shortlisted candidates are then, required to appear for the counselling process.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Counselling
A schedule for CUSAT counselling is published on the official website of CUSAT. The candidates who got the higher rank has to appear for the counselling round. Candidates are required to appear the address of counselling with having the photocopies as well as original documents.
CUSAT CAT 2022 Seat Allotment
CUSAT releases the seat allotment list for various UG, and PG programs for 2022 session. Candidates who will allotted seats have to upload certificate and Payment before prescribed last date. If any one fail to submit documents and fees, their allotment will be cancelled. Candidates need to upload following documents for verification.
Certificates to be Uploaded upon receiving allotment
- S.S.L.C / 10th Standard Certificate & Mark List.
- Senior Secondary School Certificate (12th Standard).
- Degree Certificate / Provisional Degree Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Mark List / Consolidated Mark List of the qualifying examination.
- Self-Declaration stating “Nationality”
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution/Department last attended.
- Character Certificate from the Institution/Department last attended.
- Others (Caste certificate/ EWS Certificate/ Sponsorship Certificate).
CUSAT CAT 2022 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the CUSAT CAT 2022 fee structure from below link.
Fee Structure: Click here to check the CUSAT CAT 2022 Fee Structure.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) was founded in the year 1971. It has affiliations with UGC, NAAC, ACU, NBA. It offers undergraduate as well as post-graduate programmes. The admission in both the degrees are done through Common Admission Test (CAT). CUSAT was ranked between 801-1000 category by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It is situated in Kochi, Kerala.
CUSAT Exam Archives
CUSAT CAT 2022 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : CUSAT CAT 2022 is conducted as computer-based test.
Ans : The duration of CUSAT CAT 2022 is 3 hours.
Ans : No, you do not need to appear in the exam, however, you need to fill the application form.
Ans : CUSAT CAT is conducted for taking UG and PG programmes both.
Ans : You can check your CUSAT CAT 2022 result at cusat.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.