CUSAT, or Cochin University of Science and Technology, conducts the Common Admission Test for admission to all UG and PG Programme except Ph.D. and Diploma Programmes. It is a university-level entrance exams for candidates who wish to study at the university. It is held once a year. The Common Admission Test of Cochin University of Science and Technology will be held on 16, 17, and 18 July 2021. All the latest information related to CUSAT CAT 2021 exam releases on the official website, which is cusat.ac.in. To know more details on CUSAT 2021 such as its eligibility, exam pattern, important dates, read the page below.
Latest – As the University had decided to rearrange test centres for CAT 2021 due to COVID-19 pandemic, the students opted for Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Kolkata, Varanasi, Lucknow and Kota are directed to opt their test centre from the revised test centres using the provision enabled in their candidate login before 15th June, 2.00 PM. Those who have not utilized this option will be automatically assigned to the nearest available test centres after the stipulated time.
– Cochin University of Science and Technology has decided to carry out the B.Tech Marine Engineering admission for the 2021-2022 session on the basis of CAT 2021 instead of the procedure notified earlier. Stay here for more latest updates.
– CUSAT CAT 2021 exam will be held on the 16th, 17th and 18th of July 2021. Complete CAT 2021 timetable is provided below.
– Cochin University of Science and Technology has extended the last date for issuance and receipt of an application for PhD programmes of all Departments / Schools / Centres / Recognized Research Centres / Institutions of CUSAT up to 15 June 2021.
The candidates who wish admissions for programmes other than Ph.D/ All Diploma Courses in CUSAT should apply for CAT through this portal. Applications in any other method will not be accepted. Candidates with a valid KMAT/CMAT/CAT(IIM)Score can apply for MBA programmes. These candidates will be ranked on the basis of KMAT/CMAT/CAT(IIM) Score, Group Discussion and Interview. For M.Tech programmes, preference will be given to candidates with valid GATE score in the respective subject. In the absence of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates without GATE score will be admitted on the basis of their performance in Department Admission Test (DAT) to be conducted by the Departments concerned.
For more information about CUSAT 2021, have a look at the table given below.
|CUSAT CAT / CUSAT Admission 2021 Events||Dates|
|Start of CUSAT registration 2021 for admissions, and CUSAT CAT 2021||10 Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit CUSAT CAT 2021 application form for all UG, PG programs (except PhD, Diploma)||31 Mar 2021|
|Last date to submit CUSAT CAT 2021 application form for all UG, PG programs (except PhD, Diploma) with late fee||15 Apr 2021|
|Last date to pay fee||16 Apr 2021|
|Last date for Online Registration for seats reserved for International Candidates||30 Apr 2021|
|Last date for MBA registrations||31 May 2021|
|Last date to apply for M.Tech programs||21 Apr 2021|
|Last date to apply for M.Tech programs, with late fee||30 Apr 2021|
|Last date for Issuance and receipt of applications for Ph.D,Diploma Programmes etc. from the Department/Schools concerned||15 Jun 2021|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 admit card release date|
|Last date to download admit card|
|CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Date|
16, 17 & 18 Jul 2021
|Declaration of results||TBA|
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Time Table – Revised
CUSAT Exam Archives
CUSAT CAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission into CUSAT CAT 2021, can apply online on the official website. Those who fulfill the elgibility criteria of the desired course can register online to appear the test. Check the overview of how application form is filled and submitted.
- Go to the official website.
- Register by entering the details like name, parent’s name, gender, category.
- Enter the personal details, contact details, address details by logging in with the credentials sent after the registration.
- Upload the documents in the proper format.
- Select the course in which you want to take admission.
- Pay the application fee.
- Select the test centre for the test.
- As the last steps, take a printout of the application form.
Application fee – Candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee.
|Categories of seats / applicants||Application fee|
|Opting for State Merit / All India Quota seats (other than NRI / International / PIO / Children of Indian Gulf Workers)||Rs. 1100|
|Opting for State Merit / All India Quota seats (for Kerala SC / Kerala ST candidates)||Rs. 500|
|International Candidates / PIO||US$ 100|
|Children of Indian Gulf Workers||Rs. 6100|
|CGW candidates belonging to KSC / KST||Rs. 5500|
|NRI Seats (except CGW candidates)||Rs. 5,000|
|All category of Candidates opting for Dubai as Test Center||Rs. 10,000|
Application fee for PhD and M Phil Programmes
|All category||Rs. 1100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 500|
Application fee for Postdoctoral Fellowships, Diploma and Certificate Programmes
|All category||Rs. 100|
|Kerala SC / ST||Rs. 50|
Mode of payment – Online using any one the below channels
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
CUSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
CUSAT sets some terms and conditions for the students who want to pursue any of the course from the university. So, before heading for filling the application form, candidates must ensure that eligibility criteria provided below is fulfilled.
- Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC) and Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) candidates ? The candidates who have passed qualifying examination in the desired course with minimum marks can apply.
- SEBC of Kerala State ? Candidates belonging to non-creamy layer are going to get 5% relaxation in the minimum marks for qualifying examination.
- For M.Tech programme – For applying to this programmes, candidates must have a valid GATE score in the required subject and are eligible for 5% relaxation.
- Undergraduate Programmes ? For undergraduate programs, except 3 year LLB programme, candidates who have completed their 10+2 with required eligibility conditions can take admission.
- LLB ? Candidates who have passed 10+2 can apply for 3 year LLB programmes.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
It is essential to check the exam pattern before the exam because it specifies the duration of the exam, total number of questions, marking scheme which is beneficial for the candidates for preparing a study plan. Check the exam pattern CUSAT 2021 given below.
- Mode of exam – Online (CBT)
- Duration of exam – 3 hours
- Type of question – MCQ
- Marking scheme – +3 marks for every correct answer and -1 marks for every incorrect answer
Distribution table of questions of each course
B Tech & M Sc (5 year integrated) Photonics Programme – Minimum marks required is 10 marks in each subject
B Tech LET Programm – maximum marks is 600
|Numerical Reasoning ability||60|
|Numerical Reasoning ability||45|
M Sc Programme in Sciences (5 year)
BBA LLB / B Com LLB
|Law related matters||25 questions|
|Reasoning/ Logical thinking||50 questions|
|General English||50 questions|
|GK/Current Affairs||25 questions|
LLM (IPR) PhD and /or LLM (IP) PhD
|Proficiency in English||40 questions|
|General Knowledge||15 questions|
|General aptitude in Intellectual Property Law||20 questions|
|Analytical and Reasoning Ability||40 questions|
|Aptitude to do Research||35 questions|
MCA /MCA Lateral Entry Programmes
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
|Computer Science and Applications covering areas||100|
MA Economic Programmes
CUSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and books, it is important for the candidates to follow some preparation tips for scoring well in the exam. Check the expert tips suggested here.
- Maintain a proper time table: Before starting with the preparation, make sure to plan out how much time will be devoted to a particular section. Follow the same time-table till the end of examination.
- Understand the concept: It is important for the candidates to understand the concepts behind a particular topic or problem rather than mugging up the topics.
- Watchyoutube videos: If you are not satisfied with any concept or topic, check the youtube videos on that topic and clear the doubts.
- Practice previous year question papers: Before appearing in any exam, it is important to practice as many question papers/sample papers for qualifying the exam.
- Revise: Revision is the most important technique to qualify the examination, so revise all the topics and chapters till a day before the exam.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card for CUSAT Common Admission Test releases online at the official website of the exam conducting body. Candidates can download CUSAT 2021 hall ticket by enetring the user id and password. It is necessary to carry the admit card to the exam centre as without it, candidates cannot give the examination. It specifies the name and address of the candidates, exam date, exam time, address of the exam centre etc.
CUSAT 2021 Result
Candidates can check their respective result for CUSAT CAT from the official website of CUSAT. For checking CUSAT 2021 result, candidates need to provide their user id and password. After the declaration of result, a merit list is also published which indicates the rank of the candidates. The shortlisted candidates are then, required to appear for the counselling process.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Counselling
A schedule for CUSAT counselling is published on the official website of CUSAT. The candidates who got the higher rank has to appear for the counselling round. Candidates are required to appear the address of counselling with having the photocopies as well as original documents.
Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) was founded in the year 1971. It has affiliations with UGC, NAAC, ACU, NBA. It offers undergraduate as well as post-graduate programmes. The admission in both the degrees are done through Common Admission Test (CAT). CUSAT was ranked between 801-1000 category by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It is situated in Kochi, Kerala.
Official website: admissions.cusat.ac.in
For more information on CUSAT 2021, download information brochure.
CUSAT CAT 2021 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : CUSAT CAT 2021 is conducted online and is a computer-based test.
Ans : The duration of CUSAT CAT 2021 is 3 hours.
Ans : No, you do not need to appear in the exam, however, you need to fill the application form.
Ans : CUSAT CAT is conducted for taking UG and PG programmes both.
Ans : You can check your CUSAT CAT 2021 result at cusat.ac.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.