AUAT 2020 – Aliah University (AU) has released the notice for conducting entrance exam for admission to various UG, PG, Lateral Entry courses. Candidates can check the latest information on exam date, merit list, e-counselling from aliah.ac.in. Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT) 2020 is a University level test conducted for admission to various UG, and PG courses. After the release of the merit list, selected candidates will be called for the counselling process. Candidates can scroll down to know more about AUAT 2020.
– The admit card for 4-year B.Tech. course and Lateral entry to 2nd year of B.Tech. course has been available now. Download Here!
– Aliah University has decided to conduct the B.Tech. and Lateral entry admission test on October 17, 2020. Scroll down to check more details.
– The first allotment list for Islamic Theology has been published. Click here to check it.
– The 3rd allotment list for other courses (excepted Islamic Theology) has been published. Click here to check it.
Applications are invited from pass out or appearing candidates through an online portal to appear in the entrance test for admission in various courses offered by the University. Candidates can check the schedule which is given below to keep themselves updated with the important dates related to AUAT 2020
|AUAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Application process begins (UG)|
|Last Date to apply (UG)|
|Upload Academic details||02 – 03 Sep 2020|
|Online submission of Application form for|
Postgraduate (PG) and B.Ed. courses
|To be announced|
|Issuance of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Merit List for BA Honours in Islamic Theology||Released!|
|Publication of UG Merit list (except Nursing &|
11 Sep 2020
|Publication of Merit List (Rank) of Nursing &|
|To be announced|
|Admission Test for B.Tech & lateral entry||17 Oct 2020|
|Registration for e-counseling for Theology||25 Sep 2020|
|Publication of allotment list (First round)||To be announced|
|Publication of Allotment List (Second Round)||06 Oct 2020|
|Publication of Allotment List (Third Round)||13 Oct 2020|
|Publication of 1st allotment list for Islamic Theology||12 Oct 2020|
Update on AUAT 2020
- B.Tech. and Lateral entry admission test will be held on October 17, 2020. Check the revised exam date from below image.
AUAT Counselling 2020
Admission to different programs is made through online counseling according to the rank in the merit list. All relevant information regarding counseling is provided to all successful candidates at the time of publication of the result of AUAT-2020.
To participate in online counselling, the successful candidates have to register themselves in the University counseling portal by paying a registration fee through online mode (credit/debit card/net banking). A registered candidate will be offered to put their preference of subjects (if any) accordingly. The online system allot the candidates to different programs according to their rank and preferences. After allotment, the candidates is directed to complete the verification of the original documents and complete the admission process within the time period.
If a candidate fails to complete the admission process within the stipulated time period, then the seats will be offered for the candidates next in rank.
AUAT Application Form 2020
The application form has been released in online mode. Aliah University has released the application forms on its official website i.e aliah.ac.in. Aspirants need to fill in their name, choice of center, choice of program, date of birth, year of passing, percentage of marks. Also, a candidate will be required to upload a recent passport size photograph and signature of the specified measurements. The information provided in the applications, once submitted, cannot be changed later. The application fee paid by the candidate is non-refundable. Candidates can check below the application fees and the different modes of payment.
Application Fee –
- For Boys – Rs. 500
- For Girls – Rs. 300
Mode of Payment
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net Banking
AUAT Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates can check below the exam pattern for AUAT 2020
For all courses except B.A(Hons)., M.A in English, Arabic and Bengali, M.A in Journalism and Mass communication
- Mode of Examination – Offline mode
- Duration of exam – 2 hours
- Number of questions – 100
- Type of questions – Multiple choice questions
For B.A(Hons)., M.A in English, Arabic and Bengali, M.A in Journalism and Mass communication
- Number of questions – 100 (84+16)
- Type of Questions – 84 (MCQ) and 16 (Descriptive)
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours
Subjective question paper for
- All B. Tech. & BCA programmes will comprise of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Integrated BBA-MBA programme will be on basic Mathematics, verbal and non-verbal reasoning, Commercial Arithmetic and elementary knowledge in concerned area.
- All UG (3-year) programmes (except Arabic, Urdu, Islamic Theology, B.Ed, and Nursing) will comprise of concern subjects as per syllabi of classes XI and XII of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE).
- Nursing programme will comprise of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- 3-year Honours in Arabic and Urdu comprise as per the Arabic and Urdu syllabus of H.S. or equivalent examination.
- 3-year B.A. in Theology(Honours and General) comprise as per Syllabus of Fazil according to West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education.
- All 2-years Masters programmes (including M. Tech programmes) except MJMC, will be on the concerned subject.
- MJMC will be on English (concept of Language and Literature), Fundamentals of Journalism & Mass Communication having its role as the fourth pillar of Indian Democracy, Sports and Cinema.
- 3-year MCA programme will comprise of Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation, Problem Solving Questions, Discrete Quantitative Analysis, and Basic Mathematics.
- LATERAL ENTRY to B. Tech programme will be comprised of Engineering Mathematics, Basic Computer Science, Strength of Material, Engineering Mechanics, Environmental Engg. & Basic Electrical Technology.
AUAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
Only eligible candidates are requested to apply for AUAT 2020. Ineligible candidatures will be canceled by the Aliah University. For each Programme, that it offers it has laid some eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled by a candidate.
Upper age limit for undergraduate programmes is 22 years as on 1st July 2020 except for 3 year B.A. in Islamic Theology and 3-year B.A. in Islamic Studies -25 years and for 4- year B.Sc. in Nursing-27 years.
Minimum age for admission to B.Tech Programmes is 17 years.
Though the upper age limit is mentioned above, all the applicants applying for undergraduate who have passed qualifying examination before 2018 are not eligible to appear in AUAT 2020.
3-year B.A. Honours in Arabic, Bengali, Urdu, History, Geography, Economics
- Applicants must have studied the respective subject of at least 100 marks in 10+2 level/Fazil and have secured 50 percent marks in aggregate and 50 percent marks in the respective subject.
- For History Honours, applicants may have taken Islamic History in place of History in 10+2 level/Fazil
3-year B.A. Honours in English
Applicants must have studied the respective subject of at least 100 marks in 10+2 level or Fazil and have secured 60percent marks in aggregate and 60 percent marks in the respective subject
3-year B.A. Honours in Islamic Theology
Applicants must have studied the Theology of at least 100 marks in 10+2 level or Fazil and have secured 45 percent marks in Theology.
5-year Integrated MBA (BBA -MBA)
Applicants must have secured at least 50 percent marks in aggregate and 50 percent marks in English in 10+2 level.
AUAT Admit Card 2020
The admit card of AUAT 2020 will be published online at the University’s official website. The AUAT 2020 Admit card will be issued for only those candidates who have submitted their online application before the last date. Before downloading the AUAT 2020 Admit card, a candidate will be required to check the following details mentioned on it.
- Candidate’s Name
- Registration Number
- Date of Birth
- Hall Ticket Number
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Exam Venue Address
If the candidate founds any discrepancy in his/her admit card they should immediately contact the concerned authority and get it corrected before the entrance test day.
AUAT Exam Center 2020
Candidates will be given the option for appearing for AUAT 2020 in any of the following test centers. The list of test centers is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
AUAT 2020 for all PG Programmes, B.Sc. Nursing & B.Ed Programme will be conducted only in Aliah University, Kolkata Centre.
AUAT Result 2020
The result of AUAT 2020 will be published online only at the university’s official website. Candidates who will appear for the test will be to check their result. A list of successful candidates of different programmes of AUAT 2020 will be displayed separately on the University website: www.aliah.ac.in . A separate list of successful candidates is also prepared for the Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. Final merit list is prepared by aggregating the percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying examination (merit points from academic results for B.Ed.) and the AUAT-2020 score.
AUAT Merit List 2020
The merit list for AUAT 2020 is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test. A separate list of successful candidates is prepared for the Physically Challenged (PC) candidates. An AUAT 2020 rank card is provided to each selected candidate which contains all relevant information regarding counselling. For B. Tech candidates there will be a common merit list whereas it would be different for all other courses. Candidates are called for the counselling rounds on the basis of the merit list. If after the last counselling some reserved seats remain vacant, the university has the right to fill up those seats from General category but only on the basis of the merit list.
AUAT 2020 Courses Offered
By qualifying for AUAT 2020, a candidate will be able to pursue any of these courses. For each course, a candidate will be able to check the seats available. The courses offered by the University are mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
AUAT Reservation Details 2020
Aliah University reserves a certain number of seats, under candidates belonging to different categories.
- Under the norms of the Government of India, a candidate belonging to Physically challenged category will be provided 3% of the reservation quota. Such candidates will be required to mention their category clearly at the time of applying and show corresponding proof regarding their disability. Candidates having at least 40% permanent physical impairment in relation to a body part/system/extremity/extremities/ whole body, etc. will be given this reservation.
- 10 supernumerary seats will be reserved for candidates belonging to the state of Jammu and Kashmir (in B.Tech courses 2 seats per branch).
- Separate admission process will be started for foreign category candidates. Such candidates are requested to keep themselves updated with any information related to the University.
Official Website: aliah.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.