APRCET 2020 – Andhra University (AU), Vishakhapatnam conducts Andhra Pradesh Research Research Common Entrance Test (AP RCET) for the students who want to pursue M.Phil/Ph.D. It is a state-level entrance exam and is conducted at the test centers in Andhra Pradesh only. APRCET 2020 is scheduled to take place in November 2020. The candidates who have secured a minimum of 55% in their masters can apply for APRCET 2020. Scroll down to know more about APRCET 2020 such as its eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
After qualifying the entrance test, the candidates need to appear for the interview. For more information about APRCET 2020, check the table given below.
|Release of APRCET 2020 Notification||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Start Date of filling the online application form||3rd week of Sep 2020|
|Last date for online submission without late fee||3rd week of Oct 2020|
|Last date for online submission with late fee||4th week of Oct 2020|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of Nov 2020|
|APRCET 2020 exam date||1st-2nd week of Nov 2020|
|Release of APRCET 2020 answer key||2nd week of Nov 2020|
|Last date to submit objection in the answer key||3rd week of Nov 2020|
|Declaration of APRCET 2020result||To be notified|
APRCET 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important to check the exam pattern before the exam in order to prepare a better preparation strategy. Check the exam pattern given below for APRCET 2020.
- Parts: 2
- Total no. of questions: 180
- Medium of question paper: English only except Part B which will be in the language of the subject concerned
- Marking scheme: +1 marks for the correct answers, -1/6 will be deducted for the incorrect answers
Distribution of questions
|Part A||Teaching and reserach related questions||90|
|Part B||Subject related questions||90|
APRCET 2020 Syllabus
The Andhra University has decided the syallbus for the candidates for APRCET. Part-A of the entrance is Teaching and Research Aptitude which is based on the lines of UGC NET Paper-I Syllabus. However, for Part-B, syllabus is given separately for it. Candidates can check the syllabus for APRCET 2020 for Part A and Part B from the direct link below.
- Click Here to download APRCET 2020 Syllabus for Part A.
- To check the syllabus for Arts, Science, Engineering, Pharmacy & Architecture, click here.
APRCET 2020 Important Books
Check the list of the books given below for APRCET 2020.
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper-1 |
Teaching & Research Aptitude
|Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|UGC Teaching and Research Aptitude|
|Spectrum Editorial Team||Buy Here|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper I – |
Teaching & Research Aptitude 2019 Edition
|Sajit Jumar, M.Gagan||Buy Here|
|UGC NET/JRF/SET Teaching & Research Aptitude – |
General Paper I
|NTA UGC NET /JRF /SET PAPER I-TEACHING AND |
RESEARCH APTITUDE WAY TO JRF
|Navdeep Kaur||Buy Here|
APRCET 2020 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the exam pattern and important books, it is important to follow some preparation schedule till teh time of examination. Check some of the expert tips given here.
- Analyze the syllabus: Before starting with the preparation, candidates must ensure they have gone through the syllabus and checked the important topics and chapters.
- Prepare a time table: Make sure a proper time-table is prepared at the start of the preparation. Follow the same time table till the end of the examination.
- Understand the concept: For whatever subject you will appear in the exam, try to understand the concept behind a particular topic.
- Appear for mock test: For getting a proper understanding of the exam, try to give the mock test for it. This will help you to analyze which section needs more attention.
- Better yourself for the interview: The interview is an important part of taking admission so make sure you are aware of what is happening in and around you so that you are able to answer the questions smartly.
- Revise: Do the proper revision of the studied topics time and again in order to score well.
APRCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before the aspirants proceed to apply for the entrance exam it is important that they must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Check the APRCET Eligibility Criteria for MPhil and PhD (Part-Time and Full Time) from below:
Eligibility Criteria for Full-Time Programme
- Candidate should have Master Degree with the maximum 55% marks.
- Relaxation of 5% Marks is there for the ST/BC/PWD candidates.
- The Mater Degree should be from the recognized board or the university
Eligibility Criteria for Part Time Programme
Those who are eligible for the full-time course that candidate will also be eligible for the part-time course. Admission in the part-time course will be based on the following criteria-
- The candidates must a regular faculty working in the university or the PG centers.
- They must be technical employeed working in research institutes having completed 5 years of service.
Other eligibility criteria is
- Faculty working in Postgraduate and Professional colleges who have complete 2 years of service. This criteria is not applicable to faculty teaching chemistry, physics, mathematics and humanities in professional colleges.
- Faculty/Librarians/Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges
- Faculty working in Polytechnic/Government or private aided Junior Colleges who have completed 4 years of service.
For more information on AP RCET 2020 eligibility criteria, click here.
APRCET 2020 Test Subject and Eligibility
Candidares can also check the subjects under Arts, Commerce and Law in which test is conducted and their respective eligibility below:
APRCET 2020 Application Form
The application form for APRCET releases via online mode only. The candidates are first required to register and then, fill the application form with proper personal details, contact details, academic details etc.
How to Apply for APRCET 2020?
- Candidate firstly has to click on the direct link on this page.
- From there click on the link in which APRCET 2020 online application form mentioned.
- Application form page will open. The candidate will have to mention all the details such as personal details, contact details, academic details.
- Upload the documents in the proper format.
- Pay the application fee.
APRCET 2020 Application Fee: The candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee as per their category:
|OC and BC||Rs 1300|
|SC, ST and PWD||Rs 900|
APRCET 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card is released online at the official website of APSCE i.e., sche.ap.gov.in. Candidates can download their APRCET2020 admit card by entering the registration number, date of birth and mobile number.
APRCET 2020 hall ticket consists of the details like name and address of the candidates, exam date, exam time, address of the exam centre etc. The admit card can only be downloaded via online mode. It acts as an entry ticket at the time of examination, so make sure it is carried at that time.
APRCET 2020 Test Centers
As APRCET is a state level examination, the test centres lie in the state of Andhra Pradesh only. Check the list given below for the same.
APRCET 2020 Answer Key
Answer Key for Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test (APRCET) is releases in the online mode at sche.ap.gov.in. The answer key is released in the pdf format. Candidates can use APRCET 2020 answer key in order to have an estimate about the scores before the declaration of result.
Candidates can submit the objection if they are not satisfied with the answers. After considering the answers, a final answer key releases on the official website itself.
APRCET 2020 Result
The result for APRCET 2020 is releases online under the candidate’s login. To check the APRCET Result 2020, the candidates need to login by entering their registration number and RCET Hall Ticket. In order to qualify the test, the candidates need to obtain the minimum qualifying marks as set by the Andhra University. Those who qualify the written exam are then eligible to appear for the Interview.
On the basis of the candidate’s performance in the written and interview, a merit list is published in the pdf format. Those whose name is included in the merit list are then eligible to participate in the Counselling.
Qualifying Marks in APRCET 2020 written exam
The entrance test shall be with qualifying marks as 50% for open category candidates and 45% for OBC/SC/ST/PH categories.
APRCET 2020 Interview
The qualified candidates need to appear for the other round of admission after the entrance test which is known as the Personal Interview. In the interview, candidates need to tell about their area of interest. The interview consists of the Head of the departmnet, Chairman, Board of Studies and one senior faculty member from the department nominated by vice-chancellor. The interview is of 20 marks in total.
Now, the interviewer judges candidates on these following grounds.
- How much the candidate has the competence for the proposed reserach
- How is the proposed area of research contributes to the additional knowledge.
- How and why the research work must be taken by the college
APRCET 2020 Participating Institutes
The vacancy position of PhD ( Full Time / Part Time) and M.Phil. (Full Time / Part Time) in various Universities of the State of Andhra Pradesh can be obtained by visiting the respective websites of the Universities.
|Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur||Vikrama Simhapuri University, Nellore|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Srikakulam||Andhra University, Visakhapatnam|
|JNTU, Kakinada||Dravidian University, Kuppam|
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapuramu||JNTU, Anantapuramu|
|Krishna University, Machilipatnam||Sri Venkateswara University,Tirupati|
|Rayalaseema University, Kurnool||Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa|
|Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajamahendravaram||Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati|
About Andhra university
Andhra University (AU) located in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh is a public university which was established in the year 1926. There are 14 constituent colleges in the Andhra University. Furthermore, the university contains two sections, the south campus and north campus. The south campus houses the Arts, Humanities and Sciences departments along with the administrative block, whereas, the north campus, comprises the Engineering College. It has been ranked 801-1000 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2018 and 251-300 in Asia.
For the reference purpose on APRCET, candidates can download information brochure from last year.
Official Website: sche.ap.gov.in/rcet
APRCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : You can apply for APRCET 2020 at sche.ap.gov.in.
Ans : There will be two parts in APRCET 2020. Part A consissts of the aptitude questions related to teaching and research whereas, Part B consists of the subject-related questions.
Ans : There are total of 180 questions in APRCET 2020.
Ans : Yes, appearing for the interview is a part of the admission test and is mandatory for the shortlisted candidates to appear in it.
Ans : The interview carries 20 marks.
Ans : Candidates will be judged out of 200. 180 marks are for the entrance test and 20 marks are for Interview.
Ans : Candidates need to get minimum 50% (Open category) and 45% (Reserved category) marks in APRCET 2020 to be called 'qualified'.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.