|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2018 is a national level entrance exam conducted by AICTE. It is conducted every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program. The GPAT is a three hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session. The GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/ University Departments/ Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges. A few scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy are also given on the basis of the GPAT score. Check more details on GPAT 2018 from the article below.
GPAT 2018 Exam Date
In the year 2015, a tender notice was released for the consecutive three year for GPAT. As per the 2015 tender notice, it was stated that the GPAT exam will be conducted on the 3rd Sunday of January every year. However, last year it was conducted on the Fourth week of January 2017, which was Saturday. From the last year’s information, it can be assumed that the GPAT 2018 shall be conducted in the fourth week of January 2018 i.e. January 27, 2018. It has been seen that since the release of the tender notice, there have been few changes made every year. Until the official notification for GPAT 2018 will be released , candidates can refer to the table given below for the schedule of GPAT 2018.
|Registration Start from||October 2017|
|Registration End date||December 2017|
|Admit Card download from||January 2018|
|Exam Date||Fourth week of January 2018, i,e, January 27, 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Within seven days after the conducting of the exam|
|Print out of Score Cards||February 2018|
GPAT 2018 Registration
The candidates desirous to apply for GPAT 2018 will be required to register online from the official website. They will have to fill and submit GPAT Application form to appear for GPAT 2018. Also they will be required to pay requisite application fee while registering for the test using available payment modes. Candidates are advised must ensure their eligibility before registering online or filling online application.
Last Year Application Fees was as follows:
|General / OBC||Rs 1400 + Bank charges|
|Female / SC / ST / PWD||Rs 700 + Bank charges|
The criteria of eligibility has to be satisfied by all the candidates. As per the norms of the exam, ineligible candidates will not be granted admission.
- Applicants must be a citizen of India.
- They must be Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates)
- Those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are also eligible for appearing in GPAT exam.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT.
The hall ticket / admit card of GPAT 2018 will be issued to registered candidates. To download the hall ticket candidate has to log in using the ID and password. In case you have forgotten password to log in, you can retrieve the same by entering your log in ID, password recovery question and answer.
GPAT Admit Card 2018 will be available to download after the completion of Application process. Download GPAT 2018 Admit Card from www.aicte-gpat.in to appear in the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. All India Council for Technical Education is conducting GPAT on the 3rd January 2018. Students who submitted application form as per schedule can download Admit Card of GPAT 2018.
Details Mentioned in the Admit Card
The following details will be mentioned in the admit card:
- Photograph and signature
- Name of the candidate
- GPAT Roll number
- Test date, time, reporting time at the venue
- Venue name
- Venue address
- Brief instructions for the candidate.
The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is being conducted as an online computer based test since 2013. The CBT simply means that the candidate will be allotted a computer in the exam hall. On the computer screen candidate will see the questions and answers need to be clicked.
Instead of marking bubbles in an OMR sheet, all you have to do is mark correct answer by clicking on a mouse button.
- Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- You can move back and forth between the questions in the online GPAT exam.
- Total duration of exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- For correct answers, you will get +4 marks in each question.
- Negative marking is there in GPAT. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- You will get rough sheets to do calculations.
- You can also read more about the exam at GPAT FAQs page.
- The questions will consist of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subject of Pharmacy.
The syllabus provided below is as per last year, but candidates may refer it and prepare according to it. The syllabus for GPAT 2018 will be updated as soon as it will be provided by AICTE on its official website.
Qualifying GPAT exam will not be that much difficult if one approaches the exam with calm mind and analytical attitude. Just remember one thing that no one can answer all the questions of the question paper. The main key to success in the GPAT is to believe on your strength and answer the questions with utmost accuracy because in negative marking, each wrong answer can cost you dearly. After getting the question paper, read the question paper thoroughly in the next 15 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry in answering the questions; first make a tick on the questions on which you are 100 % sure and then, attempt those questions with utmost care.
After attempting those questions, take a deep breath and go through the question paper again and find that is there any other question which you can attempt. Here self-control is the most important thing as most of the students loose there self-control at this period of time.
Important Topics for GPAT exam
There are certain areas or important topics for GPAT from where you will always find a question and if a student can master these topics then they can definitely score better.
- Remember all the schedules of the drugs thoroughly because you will definitely get a question on the schedules of the drugs.
- There will be 3-4 questions on the families of the herbal drugs and the questions asked on the most common or useful herbal drugs. So you can learn them easily from the CK Kokate.
- Every year now the frequency of the numerical is increasing in the GPAT examination. Basically most of the pharmacy students have a fear of attempting the numerical problems. But for scoring good marks in the GPAT it is mandatory to attempt these numerical problems. In GPAT there are limited types of numerical problems. Most of the numericals are asked from biopharmaceutics, allegation method, depression in freezing point and dose on the basis of body weight and age.
- Every year there is a definite question on the receptors and one should study this topic from the KD Tripathi or Foye’s Medicinal Chemistry.
- Every year there are 6-8 questions on the spectroscopy and mainly questions come from Mass spectrometry, UV, IR and NMR spectroscopy.
- Make a separate note of all the classification of the drugs from KD Tripathi. You will definitely find questions on the classifications of the drugs.
- There will be definitely questions on the amino acid precursors of the basic chemical constituents of the herbal drugs. So you should study them before appearing in the GPAT.
Books Recommended for GPAT Preparation
|Book Name||Download Here|
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy||Click Here|
|COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation of GPAT/NIPER/BITS
/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams)
|GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test||Click Here|
|MCQs in Pharmacy for GPAT||Click Here|
|GPAT: A Companion||Click Here|
|GPAT Cracker (2017)||Click Here|
GPAT Exam are expected to be conducted at minimum number of 60 cities for one day one session every year. Last Year Exam centres lists are given below.
GPAT 2018 result is to be declared within seven days from the successful conducting of the exam. It will be released online, on the AICTE website www.aicte-gpat.in. Candidates can check their result from the above link. Merit list indicates score, roll number, and rank of each candidate. The marks are calculated by awarding score for correct answer, deducting negative marks for incorrect answer. Percentile is further calculated according to the total candidates who have appeared for the exam, and position of candidate.