GPAT 2018 is the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. Last date to register for GPAT 2018 has been changed to 18th Dec 2017 10 AM. AICTE is conducting GPAT on January 21, 2018. GPAT exam takes place once a year for the purpose of admission to M.Pharm program. Eligible and interested candidates can fill GPAT application form 2018 at aicte-gpat.in. A time window of almost two months is being given, during which, one can visit official website in order to apply online. Applicants can download admit card from the official website. On the date of exam, candidates will sit for an online computer based test. Get here complete details of GPAT 2018 such as date, eligibility, registration, application form, admit card, result.
AICTE conducts a three hour duration computer based test GPAT 2018 for M.Pharm admission 2018-2019. Apart from being the basis for admission, the GPAT score is also used to provide scholarship and financial assistance. Note all the important dates of GPAT 2018 first.
|Start of registration for GPAT 2018||20 Oct 2017|
|Last date to apply||18 Dec 2017 (10 AM)|
|Date of exam|
|Declaration of result||14 Feb 2018|
|Download score card||14 Feb 2018|
Since GPAT is a computer based test, therefore AICTE launches a mock GPAT exam to make candidates familiar with the test interface. Candidates can check out the mock test to help in their preparation.
GPAT 2018 Registration
Those who wish to complete the registration for GPAT 2018 must go through details in information brochure to know dates, procedure, fees. The key points regarding GPAT registration are as follows:
- The mode of doing GPAT registration is in online mode only.
- Candidates must register for GPAT at the official website only (aicte-gpat.in).
- Registration starts on October 20, 2017, at 10 AM.
- For the purpose of fee payment, candidate can use online payment mode, or offline payment mode. To pay fee online, use credit card / debit card / net banking. Whereas to pay offline, generate challan during GPAT registration and pay that in the bank.
- End of acceptance of cash fees in bank is December 19, 2017. Those who pay fee on December 19, 2017, must complete registration by December 20, 2017. If one has generated challan on a certain date, then they can pay that fee in bank in cash the next day.
GPAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission through GPAT 2018 Result. The eligibility criteria of GPAT is as follows.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He / she must have Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy are also eligible to appear in GPAT.
GPAT 2018 Login
AICTE activates the GPAT login once registration starts. Keep login credentials handy to login at GPAT website. Steps to login and what can be achieved through it are explained below.
- In order to login, enter email address and password. They must be same as the ones used to fill application form of GPAT.
- First of all, the GPAT login may be used to complete registration / application form or see status.
- The admit card for GPAT is also issued at candidate login.
- Once the result is declared, candidates can login to check result as well as download score card.
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
The hall ticket / admit card of GPAT 2018 will be issued to registered candidates. To download the hall ticket candidate has to log in using the ID and password. In case you have forgotten password to log in, you can retrieve the same by entering your log in ID, password recovery question and answer.
GPAT Admit Card 2018 will be available to download after the completion of Application process. Download GPAT 2018 Admit Card from www.aicte-gpat.in to appear in the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. All India Council for Technical Education is conducting GPAT on the 3rd January 2018. Students who submitted application form as per schedule can download Admit Card of GPAT 2018.
Details Mentioned in the Admit Card
The following details will be mentioned in the admit card:
- Photograph and signature
- Name of the candidate
- GPAT Roll number
- Test date, time, reporting time at the venue
- Venue name
- Venue address
- Brief instructions for the candidate.
The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is being conducted as an online computer based test since 2013. The CBT simply means that the candidate will be allotted a computer in the exam hall. On the computer screen candidate will see the questions and answers need to be clicked.
Instead of marking bubbles in an OMR sheet, all you have to do is mark correct answer by clicking on a mouse button.
- Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- You can move back and forth between the questions in the online GPAT exam.
- Total duration of exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- For correct answers, you will get +4 marks in each question.
- Negative marking is there in GPAT. For each incorrect answer, 1 mark is deducted.
- You will get rough sheets to do calculations.
- You can also read more about the exam at GPAT FAQs page.
- The questions will consist of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subject of Pharmacy.
The syllabus provided below is as per last year, but candidates may refer it and prepare according to it. The syllabus for GPAT 2018 will be updated as soon as it will be provided by AICTE on its official website.
Qualifying GPAT exam will not be that much difficult if one approaches the exam with calm mind and analytical attitude. Just remember one thing that no one can answer all the questions of the question paper. The main key to success in the GPAT is to believe on your strength and answer the questions with utmost accuracy because in negative marking, each wrong answer can cost you dearly. After getting the question paper, read the question paper thoroughly in the next 15 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry in answering the questions; first make a tick on the questions on which you are 100 % sure and then, attempt those questions with utmost care.
After attempting those questions, take a deep breath and go through the question paper again and find that is there any other question which you can attempt. Here self-control is the most important thing as most of the students loose there self-control at this period of time.
Important Topics for GPAT exam
There are certain areas or important topics for GPAT from where you will always find a question and if a student can master these topics then they can definitely score better.
- Remember all the schedules of the drugs thoroughly because you will definitely get a question on the schedules of the drugs.
- There will be 3-4 questions on the families of the herbal drugs and the questions asked on the most common or useful herbal drugs. So you can learn them easily from the CK Kokate.
- Every year now the frequency of the numerical is increasing in the GPAT examination. Basically most of the pharmacy students have a fear of attempting the numerical problems. But for scoring good marks in the GPAT it is mandatory to attempt these numerical problems. In GPAT there are limited types of numerical problems. Most of the numericals are asked from biopharmaceutics, allegation method, depression in freezing point and dose on the basis of body weight and age.
- Every year there is a definite question on the receptors and one should study this topic from the KD Tripathi or Foye’s Medicinal Chemistry.
- Every year there are 6-8 questions on the spectroscopy and mainly questions come from Mass spectrometry, UV, IR and NMR spectroscopy.
- Make a separate note of all the classification of the drugs from KD Tripathi. You will definitely find questions on the classifications of the drugs.
- There will be definitely questions on the amino acid precursors of the basic chemical constituents of the herbal drugs. So you should study them before appearing in the GPAT.
Books Recommended for GPAT Preparation
|Book Name||Download Here|
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy||Click Here|
|COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation of GPAT/NIPER/BITS
/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams)
|GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test||Click Here|
|MCQs in Pharmacy for GPAT||Click Here|
|GPAT: A Companion||Click Here|
|GPAT Cracker (2017)||Click Here|
GPAT 2018 Result
GPAT 2018 result is to be declared tentatively on February 14, 2018. The actual date will be informed at the time of the release of the admit card. The result will be released online, on the AICTE website www.aicte-gpat.in. Candidates can check their result from the above link. Merit list indicates score, roll number, and rank of each candidate. The marks are calculated by awarding score for correct answer, deducting negative marks for incorrect answer. Percentile is further calculated according to the total candidates who have appeared for the exam, and position of candidate.
If you have any queries regarding GPAT 2018, please ask in comments below.