GPAT 2018 is the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test was held on January 21, 2018. AICTE has issued the admit card online for the candidates who have successfully registered for the exam. GPAT is a national level entrance exam conducted once a year for admission to the M.Pharm programme. To download the GPAT 2018 Admit Card, applicants need to enter Email ID and Password. The result for GMAT 2018 shall be announced by February 15, 2018, online at the official website of the exam. The GPAT 2018 exam score will be valid for three years which is for admissions until the academic year 2020-21 only. Candidate can check more information regarding the GPAT 2018 in the article below.
AICTE conducts a three hour computer based test GPAT 2018 for M.Pharm admission 2018-2019. Apart from being the basis for admission, the GPAT score is also used to provide scholarship and financial assistance. Here we have given the complete schedule for GPAT 2018.
|Start of registration for GPAT 2018||20 Oct 2017|
|Last date to apply|
|Last date for payment of fee||27 Dec 2017|
|Downloading of Admit Card||12 Jan 2018|
|Date of exam|
|Last date for objection||27 Jan 2018|
|Declaration of result|
Since GPAT is a computer based test, therefore AICTE launches a mock GPAT exam to make candidates familiar with the test interface. Candidates can check out the mock test which will help in their preparation.
GPAT 2018 Answer Key
The answer key for the GPAT 2018 exam held on January 21, 2018, will be released on the official website i.e., aicte-gpat.in. Candidates will be able to check the answer key from the official website OR through the direct link which will be provided below.
- Click Here to submit the objection form for Question.
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
The hall ticket / admit card of GPAT 2018 has been issued only for the registered candidates. To download the GPAT 2018 Hall Ticket, the candidate has to login using the Email ID and Password. In case you have forgotten the password to log in, you can retrieve the same by entering your login ID, password recovery question and answer. It is important that the candidate should carry their admit card on the day of the examination. Also, along with the GPAT 2018 Admit Card, the applicant need to bring along a valid photo id proof.
Exam Pattern for GPAT 2018
The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is being conducted as an online computer based test since 2013. The exam pattern for GPAT 2018 is as follows:
- Number of Questions: Total Number of questions in the exam is 125.
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Duration of the exam: The total duration of exam is 3 hours (180 minutes).
- Marking Scheme: For correct answers, you will get +4 marks in each question.
- Negative Marking: There will be a negative marking of 01 marks for every incorrect answer.
- The questions will consist of Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy and other related subjects of Pharmacy.
GPAT 2018 Syllabus
For preparation it is important the candidate must be familiarised with the exam pattern and syllabus. It is always advisable to the candidate to study as per the syllabus only. The syllabus for GPAT 2018 is as follows:
Qualifying GPAT exam will not be that much difficult if one approaches the exam with calm mind and analytical attitude. Just remember one thing that no one can answer all the questions of the question paper. The main key to success in the GPAT is to believe on your strength and answer the questions with utmost accuracy because in negative marking, each wrong answer can cost you dearly. After getting the question paper, read the question paper thoroughly in the next 15 minutes. Don’t be in a hurry in answering the questions; first make a tick on the questions on which you are 100 % sure and then, attempt those questions with utmost care.
After attempting those questions, take a deep breath and go through the question paper again and find that is there any other question which you can attempt. Here self-control is the most important thing as most of the students loose there self-control at this period of time.
Important Topics for GPAT exam
There are certain areas or important topics for GPAT from where you will always find a question and if a student can master these topics then they can definitely score better.
- Remember all the schedules of the drugs thoroughly because you will definitely get a question on the schedules of the drugs.
- There will be 3-4 questions on the families of the herbal drugs and the questions asked on the most common or useful herbal drugs. So you can learn them easily from the CK Kokate.
- Every year now the frequency of the numerical is increasing in the GPAT examination. Basically most of the pharmacy students have a fear of attempting the numerical problems. But for scoring good marks in the GPAT it is mandatory to attempt these numerical problems. In GPAT there are limited types of numerical problems. Most of the numericals are asked from biopharmaceutics, allegation method, depression in freezing point and dose on the basis of body weight and age.
- Every year there is a definite question on the receptors and one should study this topic from the KD Tripathi or Foye’s Medicinal Chemistry.
- Every year there are 6-8 questions on the spectroscopy and mainly questions come from Mass spectrometry, UV, IR and NMR spectroscopy.
- Make a separate note of all the classification of the drugs from KD Tripathi. You will definitely find questions on the classifications of the drugs.
- There will be definitely questions on the amino acid precursors of the basic chemical constituents of the herbal drugs. So you should study them before appearing in the GPAT.
Books Recommended for GPAT Preparation
|Book Name||Download Here|
|The Pearson Guide to GPAT and Other Entrance Examination in Pharmacy||Click Here|
|COMPETE PHARMA (A Guide For Preparation of GPAT/NIPER/BITS
/CEEB/CET And Other Pharma Competitive Exams)
|GPAT Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test||Click Here|
|MCQs in Pharmacy for GPAT||Click Here|
|GPAT: A Companion||Click Here|
|GPAT Cracker (2017)||Click Here|
GPAT 2018 Result
GPAT 2018 result is to be declared tentatively on February 15, 2018. The actual date will be informed at the time of the release of the admit card. The result will be released online, on the AICTE website www.aicte-gpat.in. Candidates can check their result from the above link. Merit list indicates score, roll number, and rank of each candidate. The marks are calculated by awarding score for correct answer, deducting negative marks for incorrect answer. Percentile is further calculated according to the total candidates who have appeared for the exam, and position of candidate.
GPAT 2018 Registration
Those who wish to complete the registration for GPAT 2018 must go through details in information brochure to know dates, procedure, fees. The key points regarding GPAT registration are as follows:
- The mode of doing GPAT registration is in online mode only.
- Candidates must register for GPAT at the official website only (aicte-gpat.in).
- Registration starts on October 20, 2017, at 10 AM and will end on December 25, 2017.
- For the purpose of fee payment, candidate can use online payment mode or offline payment mode. To pay fee online, use credit card / debit card / net banking. Whereas to pay offline, generate challan during GPAT registration and pay that in the bank.
GPAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for admission through GPAT 2018 Result. The eligibility criteria for GPAT is as follows.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He / she must have Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates).
- Candidates who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy are also eligible to appear in GPAT.
- B.Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology) / Equivalent’ Students are not eligible to appear for GPAT examination.
GPAT 2018 Login
AICTE activates the GPAT login once registration starts. Keep login credentials handy to login at GPAT website. Steps to login and what can be achieved through it are explained below.
- In order to login, enter email address and password. They must be same as the ones used to fill application form of GPAT.
- First of all, the GPAT login may be used to complete registration / application form or see status.
- The admit card for GPAT is also issued at candidate login.
- Once the result is declared, candidates can login to check result as well as download score card.
If you have any queries regarding GPAT 2018, please ask in comments below.