GPAT 2022 – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the result for GPAT 2022. Along with this, GPAT 2022 final answer key has released in PDF format. Whereas, The Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2022 was conducted throughout the country on 09 April 2022 in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. GPAT 2022 exam is a National Level Entrance Examination for admission into M. Pharma Programme. It is conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode and medium of question Paper is English only. Read this article to know more on GPAT 2022 such as exam date, application process, exam scheme, syllabus etc.
GPAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions / University Departments / Constituent Colleges /Affiliated Colleges for admission to M. Pharma Programme. Candidates can check the important dates related to GPAT 2022 from below table.
|GPAT 2022 Events||Important|
|Online registration and submission of Application Form (complete in all respect)||16 Feb – 17 Mar 2022|
|Last date for successful transaction of examination fee (through Canara/ ICICI Bank Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes)||18 Mar 2022 up to 11:50 pm|
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only||19 – 21 Mar 2022|
|Advance City Intimation for GPAT 2022 starts on||30 Mar 2022|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||06 Apr 2022|
|Date of Examination||09 Apr 2022 from 09:00 am – 12:00 noon|
|Display of Recorded Responses and Provisional Answer Keys on the Website for inviting challenges||30 Apr to 02 May 2022 (up to 11:50 pm)|
|Release of final answer key||20 May 2022|
|Declaration of Result on NTA Website||20 May 2022|
- Application Form
- Correction Window
- GPAT Advance City Intimation
- Admit Card
- Response Sheet
- Answer Key
Overview of GPAT 2022
Check the overview of GPAT 2022 from the table given below.
|Exam conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam name||GPAT 2022|
|Full form of the exam||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Courses offered||M. Pharma Programme|
|Mode of the exam||Computer Based Test|
|Frequency of the exam||Once a year|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions|
|Sections in the test||5 sections in each subject|
|Subjects from which questions are asked in the exam||Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Allied Subjects|
Pharmaceutics & Allied Subjects
Pharmacognosy & Allied Subjects
Pharmacology & Allied Subjects
|Duration of the exam||3 hours|
|No. of languages in which question paper will be available||English only|
|Marking scheme||+4 for each correct answer|
-1 for each incorrect answer
0 marks for un-answered
What is the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test?
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is a National Level Entrance Examination for entry into M. Pharma Programme.
- Till 2018, the Test was conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). NTA is conducting this Test since 2019.
- This test facilitates institutions to select suitable Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Masters (M. Pharma) program. The GPAT is a three hours Computer Based Online Test.
All New Important Highlights on Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT)-2022 to Know:
- GPAT-2022 will be conducted by NTA as three hour entrance examination in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode to evaluate the candidates‟ ability across various segments, for admission to the Masters (M.Pharma) program Courses in the Academic Session 2022-23. The participating Institutions of GPAT-2022 are the Institutions which will be accepting the GPAT Scores.
- NTA does not verify the information provided by the candidates during online registration and hence candidature will be purely provisional subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria as per AICTE norms.
- NTA has no role in counselling for admission to the Masters (M.Pharma) program. Candidates must apply separately to the desired GPAT-2022 Participating institutions with the GPAT Score 2022. Thereafter, each Participating Institute will release their respective cut off GPAT Scores which a candidate should meet to get qualified for admission to that particular Institution. Once qualified, the candidate will have to comply with the selection procedure of that particular Institution, which may comprise of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). The final selection of the candidate will be based on the candidate‟s performance in GD & PI.
GPAT 2022 Exam Date
Candidates can check the exam date for GPAT 2022 from below image or Download notice PDF.
GPAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To appears for GPAT 2022, candidates must check the eligibility criteria from below:
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor‟s Degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry students) or equivalent from a recognized university. Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor‟s Degree B.Pharmacy (10+2+4) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2022-23 can also apply for GPAT – 2022 Computer Based Test (CBT).
- B.Tech. (Pharmaceutical and Fine Chemical Technology)/ equivalent candidates are not eligible to apply. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no age restriction for appearing in GPAT – 2022.
Important – Check GPAT 2022 Response Sheet
GPAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for the exam will be as prescribed by AICTE.
GPAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern of GPAT 2022 from below:
- Medium of Question Paper: The medium of Question Paper shall be in English only.
- Mode of exam: Computer Based Test
- Marking Scheme:
- Each question carries 04 (four) marks.
- For each incorrect response, 01 (one) mark will be deducted from the total score.
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks|
|Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Allied Subjects||38||152|
|Pharmaceutics & Allied Subjects||38||152|
|Pharmacognosy & Allied Subjects||10||40|
|Pharmacology & Allied Subjects||28||112|
Recommended: GPAT 2022 Answer Key
Important Books for GPAT 2022
While preparing for the GPAT 2022, candidates must keep in mind the latest GPAT 2022 exam pattern and syllabus. They can also refer to the books given below as a reference for a comprehensive revision for the GPAT 2022.
|Gpat a Companion By N.N Inamdar||Click here|
|GPAT 2022: Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test by PrepGorilla Prep Experts||Click here|
|Pearson’s Complete Companion for GPAT and other Competitive Examinations in Pharmacy||Click here|
|Chemicol: Concepts in Pharmacy – Most Relevant book for GPAT and NIPER||Click here|
More About GPAT 2022
Query Redressal System:
National Testing Agency (NTA) has established a Query Redressal System (QRS), an online web-enabled system developed by NTA. QRS is the platform based on web technology which primarily aims to enable submission of queries/grievances by the Registered Candidate(s) of GPAT 2022 Examination with (24×7) facility for speedy redressal of the queries/grievances. A Unique Registration Number will be generated for tracking the status of the queries/grievances.
The Registered Candidate(s) are advised to use the online facility for speedy response before mailing their queries on the official email id of GPAT i.e. [email protected]
Common Services Centres / Facilitation Centres
Unfair Means Practices and Breach of Examination Rules
Unfair Means practice is an activity that allows a candidate to gain an unfair advantage over other candidates. It includes, but is not limited to
- Being in possession of any item or article which has been prohibited or can be used for unfair practices including any stationery item, communication device, accessories, eatable items, ornaments or any other material or information relevant or not relevant to the examination in the paper concerned.
- Using someone to write examination (impersonation) or preparing material for copying.
- Breaching examination rules or any direction issued by NTA in connection with GPAT 2022 examination.
- Assisting other candidate to engage in malpractices, giving or receiving assistance directly or indirectly of any kind or attempting to do so.
- Writing questions or answers on any material other than the answer sheet given by the Centre Superintendent for writing answers.
- Contacting or communicating or trying to do so with any person, other than the Examination Staff, during the examination time in the Examination Centre.
- Threatening any of the officials connected with the conduct of the examination or threatening any of the candidates.
- Using or attempting to use any other undesirable method or means in connection with the examination.
- Manipulation and fabrication of online documents viz. GPAT 2022 Admit Card, Rank Letter, Self-Declaration, etc.
- Forceful entry in /exit from Examination Centre/Hall.
- Use or attempted use of any electronic device after entering the Examination Centre.
- Affixing/uploading of wrong/morphed photographs/signatures on the Application Form/Admit Card/Proforma.
- Creating obstacles in smooth and fair conduct of examination.
- Any other malpractices declared as Unfair Means by the NTA.
All the correspondence should be addressed by e-mail. The e-mail query shall be addressed only if it is not anonymous and contains the name, postal address and contact number of the sender. An e-mail containing vague or general queries and other queries as contained in the Information Bulletin shall not be entertained. Queries shall not be entertained from person claiming themselves to be representative, associates or officiates of the applicant candidate.4
The following information shall not be revealed by phone or email:
- Internal documentation /status of NTA
- Internal decision-making process of NTA/AICTE, Any claim/counter claim thereof
- Dates and venue of internal meetings or name of the staff/officers dealing.
- Any information which in the opinion of NTA/AICTE cannot be revealed
NTA Helpdesk Contact details (incase the payment related issues are not resolved through the above-mentioned Helplines of the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator)
Email: [email protected]
Phone No.: 011-40759000
FAQs on GPAT 2022
What will conduct the GPAT 2022 exam?
GPAT 2022 exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
What is the mode of GPAT 2022?
GPAT 2022 exam is conducted in Computer Based Test.
What is the exam date of GPAT 2022?
GPAT 2022 exam date is April 09, 2022 from 09:00 AM to 12 Noon.
What is a Test Practice Centre (TPCs)
The Ministry of Human Resource Development mandated the NTA to set up, establish and create a network of Test Practice Centres for candidates, especially in remote and rural areas to enable them to practice and be comfortable in taking a Computer Based Test (CBT). This facility is completely free of cost. Candidates can register online (on NTA website) where they are provided a convenient TPC near to their location to practice on a given computer node. This facilitates and eases the process of being able to take a Computer Based Test (CBT). The entire experience of using a computer is close to the actual experience of taking a CBT. All efforts are made to provide practice tests and questions so that candidates can familiarize themselves with logging into the system, go through the detailed instructions regarding the test, use the mouse or numeric keyboard on screen (virtual) for attempting each question, scroll down to the next question, navigate between questions, review and edit their options and submit questions.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.