AGRICET 2018 Entrance Exam will be conducted in the month of July 2018. The conducting body for AGRICET is Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University. Candidates can download and register themselves for exam from June 2018. Application forms along with late fees will be accepted till the month of June 2018. Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University releases a list of eligible candidate along with the hall tickets in the month of July 2018.

Latest: – Schedule for Third & Final Counselling 2017 is released. Scroll down to check all the required details.

AGRICET 2018 will be conducted for candidates seeking admissions into Bachelor Degree (B.Sc Agriculture) courses in Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University for diploma holders in Agriculture and Seed Technology.


A large number of candidates appear for the AGRICET 2018 exam annually. This exam is conducted to grant admissions to candidates in Bachelor’s degree courses of Agriculture and Seed Technology of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University.Other salient features about AGRICET 2018 exams are listed below

Exam conducting body Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University
Mode of Application Form Offline (download)
Official Website
Total number of seats (approx) 112 (Gov.), 72 (Private)
Examination Type Objective Type
Mode of Examination Pen and Paper Based
Medium of Entrance Test Telugu

AGRICET 2018: Important Dates

The important dates with events regarding the AGRICET 2018 are listed in the table below:

Events Dates (Tentative)
Commencement of application forms June 2018
Last date to submit the form June 2018
Last date of late application form with late fees June 2018
Issue of hall tickets July 2018
Exam Date July 2018

AGRICET 2018: Eligibility

Candidates seeking admissions in the diploma and agriculture and seed technology courses of Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University should fulfill the eligibility criterias listed below. Candidates who do not fulfil these criterias will not be granted admission in the course:

  • Applicants who will to register themselves for AGRICET 2018 should have passed two year Diploma in Agriculture/Seed Technology from ANGRAU/PJTSAU.
  • Applicants who will complete their diploma courses in the year of 2017-2018 can also apply for this exam.
  • Candidates should have complete 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission with an upper age limit 22 years for all the candidates and 25 years in respect of S.C, S.T and 27 years in respect of PH candidates.

AGRICET 2018: Total number of Seats

The total number of expected vacancies for AGRICET 2018 exam is 184. A total number of 112 vacancies will be available in government agricultural colleges. A total number of 72 seats will be available in private agricultural colleges. Out of 112 seats in the governement colleges 101 seats will be for Agriculture Diploma holders and 11 seats will be for Seed Technology Diploma holders. Out of the 72 seats in private colleges 65% of the seats will be filled under Convenor Quota at the time of counseling and the remaining 35% seats will be filled by the Management of Private Agricultural Colleges from the merit list obtained from the AGRICET-2017 examination

AGRICET 2018: Reservations

The total number of expected 184 seats that will be duly filled from the AGRICET 2018 exam.As per the rules laid down by the government of Andhra Pradesh 85% of the total number of allocated seats will be reserved for local candidates and remaining 15% seats will be treated as unreserved quota.

AGRICET 2018: Application Forms

Candidates can register themselves for AGRICET 2018 tentatively from the month of June 2018. Candidates will have to download the AGRICET 2018 Application form from the  official website . From the official notification released for AGRICET 2017 we have listed what the application form for AGRICET 2018 may look like.

Certificates / documents to be enclosed with the Application

The documents listed below must be enclosed with the application form

  1. Diploma Certificate/Course completion Certificate
  2. Date of Birth Certificate
  3. Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST/BC candidates issued by the Mandal Revenue Officer.
  4. Aadhar number
  5. PH, NCC, Sports and Defense etc. Certificates issued by the concerned authorities.
  6. Study or Residence or relevant Certificates for proof of local status (last 7 years)

AGRICET 2018: Fees and Mode of Payment

The application fees for AGRICET 2018 is Rs 500 for General category and Rs. 250 for SC, ST & PH candidates. The mode of payment for the application was last time through a demand draft.

Application Form Fees
General Category Rs 500
Reserved Category (SC, ST & PH) Rs 250
Late Fees
General Category Rs 1000
Reserved Category (SC, ST & PH) Rs 500

AGRICET 2018: Exam Centers

The tentative exam centers for the AGRICET 2018 exam will be agricultural colleges in Andhra Pradesh. Candidates can choose the nearest test centre to appear for the offline exam on the date of exam. The list below comprises of the test centres for last year’s exam.

  • S.V.Agricultural College, Tirupati, Chittoor District.
  • Agricultural College,Bapatla, Guntur District.
  • Agricultural College, Naira, Srikakulam District.

AGRICET 2018: Hall Ticket

The hall ticket will be made available both online and offline. A list will be released by the officials on the official website comprising of the list of candidates and their hall tickets numbers.Candidates who do not receive their hall tickets can download the Hall Ticket from the University website and attend the Test. An original (copy) for the hall ticket is made available below for the candidates below so that they can get an idea as to what will their hall ticket look like.

AGRICET 2018: Syllabus

The AGRICET exam is an objective type exam with 120 multiple choice questions. The exam is a pen and paper based exams. Hence candidates are advised to prepare from the syllabus released by the officials to score well as all the questions will be asked from the prescribed syllabus.Candidates should prepare from the syllabus prescribed by the ANGRAU to Diploma courses in Agriculture and Seed Technology.

AGRICET 2018: Exam Scheme

AGRICET 2018 will tentatively be held in the month of July 2018.. The AGRICET exam is an offline exam i.e. it is a Pen-Paper based exam. The duration of the AGRICET 2018 will be 1 hour and 30 minutes. The question paper will be an objective type paper. All the questions will be Multiple Choice questions that means there will be four options provided for each question with one correct answer.The exam will have 120 questions.The examination will be conducted in the Telugu medium

AGRICET 2018: Qualifying Marks

The qualifying marks percentage will be released by the officials.However the tentative qualifying marks for candidates will be at least 25% of the maximum.These candidates will be considered for the AGRICET 2018.However, for candidates belonging to scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe, no minimum qualifying mark is prescribed. But their admission will be limited to the extent of seats reserved for such categories.

AGRICET 2018: Results

A merit list will be released on the official website of the university. Candidates who have successfully qualified the exam shall be informed about the counseling date through the University website.

In case of more than one candidate secures the same combined score the tie shall be resolved considering the following pointers.

  • The total marks secured in AGRICET 2018
  • The percentage of aggregate marks secured in the qualifying examination
  • SSC Overall Grade Point
  • If the tie still persists the date of birth of the concerned candidates.

AGRICET 2018: Counselling

Candidates whose name appear on the official website and have received a confirmation to attend the counselling session may have to report at the auditorium, RARS, LAM, Guntur along with all the original documents.

AGRICET 2017 Third Round Counselling

Third and Final combined counselling for filling up of a few seats fallen vacant or unfilled for admission into Bi.P.C. Stream Courses of B.Sc.(Hons) Agriculture / B.Tech.(Food Technology) / B.V.Sc.& A.H. / B.F.Sc. / B.Sc.(Hons) Horticulture Courses in ANGRAU, SVVU & Dr. YSRHU and in private Agricultural / Horticultural Colleges for 2017-18.

Counseling of the candidates who have submitted application ONLINE for admission into the above courses in these Universities will be held in the Auditorium, Regional Agricultural Research Station (R.A.R.S.), Lam Farm, Guntur based on their A.P. EAMCET 2017 and also SPOT COUNSELING for all eligible candidates with AP AGRICET 2017 Ranks on the dates and time mentioned below:

More number of candidates than required are called for Counseling and therefore this call does not guarantee admission into courses to all those who have been called for.

Candidates should report at the Counseling centre one hour before the scheduled time with all original certificates as listed in Information Brochure along with the relevant fees. The fee has to be paid on the spot during counselling on allotment of seat.

To Check Detailed Notification – Click Here

Further information on seat vacancy position, eligibility and fee particulars can be obtained from University website: The candidates are advised to go through these details in the website before appearing for counselling.

AGRICET 2017 Cut Offs

Last Rank for UG Course 2017-18 is given below.

AGRICET 2016 Cut Offs

Last Rank for UG Course 2016-17 is given below.

AGRICET 2015 Cut Offs

Last Rank for UG Course 2015-16 is given below.

Candidates can also refer last time’s Official Notification of AGRICET.

Insofar, official details of AGRICET 2018 have not been announced. Details on this page are as per last year brochure and only for reference. As soon as official details of AGRICET 2018 are announced, they will be updated here.

Agricultural Entrance Exams


Leave a Reply