TIFR GS 2023 was held on 11 December 2022. Now TIFR GS 2023 result has been announced at univ.tifr.res.in. Whereas, the exam TIFR GS a National level Science entrance exam. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School (TIFR GS) is conducted by TIFR. It is for admission to PhD, Integrated M.Sc-PhD in TIFR Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad campuses. Students who wish to appear in TIFR GS exam can get here the latest news on exam date, application form and and preparation material like syllabus, exam pattern, question papers. The official website is univ.tifr.res.in.
Latest – TIFR GS 2023 result is out. Get link to check here.
TIFR GS 2023
About the exam: TIFR GS 2023 is short for Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School. It is an Science entrance exam at the National level. Organized by TIFR, TIFR GS is for admission to PhD, Integrated M.Sc-PhD.
Download Answer Key Here:
– Click here to check the TIFR GS 2023 Answer Key and Question Paper for Chemistry.
– Click here to check the TIFR GS 2023 Answer Key and Question Paper for Computer and Systems Sciences.
– Click here to check the TIFR GS 2023 Answer Key and Question Paper for Mathematics.
TIFR GS 2023 Exam Date
TIFR announces the exam date and other important dates of the TIFR GS 2023 exam. If you are appearing in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School then check the schedule here. However note that TIFR may change the dates due to various reasons. Therefore keep checking official website univ.tifr.res.in for any changes in exam dates.
|Important Events of TIFR GS Exam 2023||Dates|
|Release of notification||Sep 2022|
|Release of TIFR GS application form 2023|
|Last date to apply at univ.tifr.res.in|
|TIFR GS admit card 2023 release date||28 Nov 2022|
|TIFR GS 2023 mock test release date||06 Dec 2022|
|TIFR GS 2023 exam date||11 Dec 2022|
Computer & Systems Sciences
|09:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Afternoon Session||Biology : 02:30 p.m. to 05:00 p.m.|
Mathematics : 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 p.m.
Science Education : 02:30 p.m. to 05:30 p.m.
|Shortlisting for full application (Biology)||by mid-January 2023|
|Interview Shortlists||by end-February 2023 or per schedule of individual TIFR center|
|Start date for GATE score based applications in Systems Sciences||01 Feb 2023|
|Last date for GATE score based applications in Systems Sciences||2 weeks after the GATE 2023 results are declared on their website|
|Start date for JEST2023 score based applications in Physics||As per TIFR|
|Last date for JEST2023 score based applications in Physics||As per TIFR|
|Programme start date||01 Aug 2023|
Important Downloads and Official Links
TIFR GS Exam 2023 Overview
|Aspects of the TIFR GS Exam||Details|
|Name of Exam||TIFR GS 2023|
|Full Form||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School|
|Exam Organizing Body||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Type of Exam||Science entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through TIFR GS||PhD, Integrated M.Sc-PhD|
|PhD Programmes||Biology, Chemistry, Computer and System Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Physics of Life (Interdisciplinary) and Science Education|
|Integrated M.Sc and PhD Programmes||Biology, Chemistry, Computer and System Sciences, Mathematics and Physics|
|Colleges in which admission is through TIFR GS||TIFR Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad campuses|
TIFR GS 2023 Admit Card
Important things to note about TIFR GS 2023 Admit Card are as follows.
- TIFR issues the TIFR GS Admit Card for applicants only.
- The admit card of TIFR GS exam indicates roll number, exam center, exam date and timing.
- It is mandatory to take the hall ticket with other documents it mentions, to the exam center, on day of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School .
TIFR GS 2023 Application Form
TIFR releases the TIFR GS application form 2023. Interested and eligible students should register for Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School before last date. All details in registration form of TIFR GS should be correct and verifiable.
- Where to apply – Check univ.tifr.res.in for link to apply.
- Before you apply – First keep documents required for TIFR GS application form 2023.
- How to apply? – Go to univ.tifr.res.in and click link to apply. Then enter details asked in the TIFR GS registration. After that upload documents and pay fee as prescribed for TIFR GS exam.
TIFR GS 2023 Syllabus
The TIFR GS syllabus indicates important topics to study for Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School. You should have a firm grasp on all topics in the TIFR GS syllabus for a high score. Check the univ.tifr.res.in, TIFR GS brochure, and instructions by TIFR on most important topics for the TIFR GS 2023 exam.
- Biology: The test consists of multiple choice questions covering *basics only* in physics, chemistry, maths, and biology. There is no guidebook and no syllabus. No special knowledge or preparation is required. Revise your basics, that is all.
- Other Subjects: Please refer to our website http://univ.tifr.res.in/admissions/Syllabus/Syllabus.htm
TIFR GS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
You should check all the eligibility conditions of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School before you apply. It is also good to check eligibility criteria of universities, colleges where you seek admission through TIFR GS. Some of the important points TIFR GS eligibility criteria for 2023-24 are as follows:
For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M.Math./M.Stat./M.E./M.Tech.
For I-Ph.D. : B.A./B.Sc./B.Math./B.Stat./B.E./B.Tech. (Students already having/completing a Master’s degree by July 2022 are not eligible for I-Ph.D.).
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
For I-Ph.D.: M.E./M.Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./B.Tech./ B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total. Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
Physics of Life:
Interdisciplinary Ph.D. programme: B.E./B.Tech/M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Sc./M.S. in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Computer Science are eligible. Biotechnology degree holders should apply directly to the Biology admission stream.
For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Pharm. or equivalent degree.
For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree.
Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees, enrolled in the Ph.D. programme can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling additional requirements.
Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV, letters of recommendation and Scientific write-up.For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./M.Tech.), or a > 4 year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS). Students holding an M.Sc. degree in a non-Biology-allied discipline such as Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science, and who wish to obtain an M.Sc. in Biology, will be offered the option of enrolling in the I-Ph.D. programme at the time of joining.
For I-Ph.D./I-PhD (with MSc exit): Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/Mathematics/any branch of Biology) OR any 4-year degree programme that awards a “Bachelor’s degree” including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 year course).
For M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation): Indian nationals who have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation. Graduate nationals from Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications are also eligible to apply.
Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Machine Learning):
For Ph.D. : B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc.(4-year degree)/M.Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well qualified students with a B.Tech./ B.E./B.Sc. (4-year degree)/M.Tech./M.E./M.Sc. degree in other disciplines may also be considered. Candidates not holding a master’s degree can obtain an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling the prescribed requirements during their Ph.D. programme.
For I-Ph.D. : B.Sc. (3-year degree) or any other 3-year degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well-qualified students with a 3-year undergraduate degree (B.Sc.) in related subjects may be considered for the I-Ph.D. programme. Candidates in the I-Ph.D. programme will need to fulfill the requirements for both an M.Sc. and Ph.D.; upon successful completion, they will receive both degrees.
For Ph.D. : Master’s degree in any subject with not less than 5 years of study including the undergraduate degree.
For complete eligibility criteria, refer to official website univ.tifr.res.in and information brochure.
TIFR GS 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can check the TIFR GS answer key after exam. Key things to know about it are as follows.
- The answer key of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School tells you the correct answers of all questions in the TIFR GS 2023 question paper.
- You can also use the TIFR GS answer key to calculate marks and predict result.
- Note that the unofficial TIFR GS answer key is by Science coaching centers.
- Whereas the TIFR GS 2023 official answer key is by TIFR which is released at univ.tifr.res.in.
TIFR GS 2023 Result
Key points related to the TIFR GS result 2023 are as follows.
- Tata Institute of Fundamental Research declares the results on the result date and time decided by them.
- Where to check result – You can get the direct link to check TIFR GS result at official website i.e. univ.tifr.res.in.
- How to check TIFR GS result? – To check the result, go to the official website univ.tifr.res.in and click on the result link. You can check the TIFR GS result as score card, rank card, merit list, or rank list depending on what TIFR publishes. You can either download TIFR GS merit list pdf or login to download TIFR GS rank card or score card as per their availability.
Qs 1. What is TIFR GS exam?
Ans 1. The TIFR GS exam is a Science entrance exam. The TIFR organizes it. On the basis of performance in Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School, one gets admission in PhD, Integrated M.Sc-PhD in TIFR Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad campuses.
Qs 2. How can I apply for TIFR GS 2023?
Ans 2. You can apply for TIFR GS 2023 by doing registration and filling the application form. Visit univ.tifr.res.in to apply. To submit your application you need to give your personal, contact, academic details in the form.
Qs 3. Who can appear in the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Graduate School?
Ans 3. Those who satisfy the eligibility criteria as per Tata Institute of Fundamental Research can appear in TIFR GS exam.
Qs 4. What is the official website?
Ans 4. The official website is univ.tifr.res.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
can i appear for both tifr physics and jgeebils?