TIFR GS 2018 – TIFR GS 2018 is conducted by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions. The registration for TIFR GS 2018 is available, and will continue till October 12, 2017. The online registration for is open for Mathematics / Physics / Chemistry / Computer & Systems Science. Candidates will need to register first on the official website of TIFR GS at univ.tifr.res.in. The Graduate programmes at TIFR are Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Biology, Computer Systems Sciences and Science Education. The TIFR national level entrance exam for biology, TIFR GS 2018, is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2018). More details of TIFR GS 2018 such as how to apply, exam centers, scholarship, fee and previous years question papers are given here.
TIFR GS 2018 Important Dates
The schedule for TIFR GS 2018 is as provided below:
|Online registration start from||September 13, 2017|
|Last date for application in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science||October 16, 2017|
|Last for application in Biology and M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation)||October 20, 2017|
|Issuance of Hall Ticket||November 10, 2017|
|Issuance of Hall Ticket||November 10, 2017|
|Date of Entrance Examination||December 10, 2017 (Sunday)|
|GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science
(including Communications and Applied Probability)
|Opens : February 5, 2018
Closes : Two weeks after GATE 2018 results declared.
|Declaration of Result (shortlist for interview)||January 31, 2018|
TIFR GS Application Form 2018
Interested candidates can apply online. The online registration link has been activated on this webpage. Candidates need to register first on the official website of TIFR GS at univ.tifr.res.in. After the successful registration, a login username will be provided to the candidates on the registered email id and phone number. Applicants may take a print of the application after successful registration or save the same as a pdf file. Applicants can make payment for the online application by either through Demand Draft or Online Payment. Candidates who wish to make payment by DD may send the DD by writing their reference code, name and telephone number behind it.
- For Ph.D. : M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech.
- For I-Ph.D.: B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech. (Students already having/completing an M.Sc. degree are not eligible).
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.
- For I-Ph.D.:
- M.E./M.Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B.Tech./B.Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
- Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total.
- In addition,
I-Ph.D. candidates with not less than four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their Ph.D. program.
- For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B.Tech./M.Pharm.
- For Ph.D.: B.Sc./B.Pharm.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements.
- For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include, M.Sc.(Ag.), B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Writeup.
- For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science.
- For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry or Biology.
Computer & System Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)
- For Ph.D. : B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech./M.C.A./M.Sc. degree holders in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering. Exceptionally well qualified students with B.E./B.Tech./M.E./ M.Tech./M.Sc./B.Sc. or equivalent degrees in other disciplines may also be considered. Exceptionally well qualified students with B. Sc. degree in computer science and related subjects may be considered for I-Phd.
Candidates not holding a Master’s degree and admitted to a Ph.D./Int. Ph.D. program can receive an M.Sc. degree in some subjects by fulfilling prescribed requirements
TIFR GS Examination Centres
The examination centers are as follows:
|Ahmedabad||St Xavier’s College|
|Bangalore||University of Agricultural Sciences|
|Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Cochin||Cochin Univ. of Science & Technology|
|Delhi||S.G.T.B. Khalsa College (Delhi University) / Kendriya Vidyalaya (Pragati Vihar) / Kendriya Vidyalaya (JNU Old Campus) / Kendriya Vidyalaya (R.K. Puram)|
|Guwahati||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Haldwani||Motiram Baburam Govt. P.G. College|
|Indore||Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya|
|Jaipur||India International School|
|Kanpur||Indian Institute of Technology|
|Kolkata||Basanti Devi College / Kendriya Vidyalay (Salt Lake) / Kendriya Vidyalaya (Fort William)|
|Madurai||The Madura College|
|Mangalore||University College, Hampanakatta|
|Mumbai||Kendriya Vidayalaya No. 1, Colaba|
|Nagpur||Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Eng. Coll.|
|Patna||Dr. D.Y. Patil Pushapalata Patil International School|
|Pune||Loyola High School and Junior College.|
|Varanasi||Banaras Hindu University|
|Visakhapatnam||GITAM Institute of Science|
TIFR GS Question Papers
GS Question paper 2017
GS Question paper 2016
GS Question paper 2015
GS Question paper 2014
GS Question paper 2013
GS Question paper 2012
GS Question paper 2011
GS Question paper 2010
TIFR GS Admission Procedure 2018
The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of a written test at one of the several nationwide centres, followed by interviews of the shortlisted candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews to be held during end-February to early-April, 2018.