TIFR GS Application Form 2018 have been released on September 13, 2017. Interested aspirants can register from the link provided on this page. The last date for submitting the application is October 12, 2017. Aspirants will be first required to register and then proceed to upload photograph, signature and fill in details in the online application. For the registration, aspirants need to enter their personal details, as well as choose the program,subject and center. Get more information on TIFR GS Application form 2018 from the article below.
TIFR GS Application Form 2018
Before you start filling up the complete TIFR GS Application Form 2018 make sure the following are ready with you:
- A scanned image/electronic copy of your passport size photograph (preferably a jpg file below 100 kb in size). Applications with personal photos or edited photos uploaded will be rejected.
- Demand Draft details (DD number, Bank, etc.) or Credit / Debit card details for online payment of application fee.
- Academic details.
TIFR GS Application Form 2018 Dates
|Online registration start from||13 Sep 2017|
|Last date to submit application form||12 Oct 2017|
|Online payment link will be active upto||18 Oct 2017|
|Last date for application in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Computer Science extended to||16 Oct 2017|
|Last for application in Biology and M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) extended to||20 Oct 2017|
|GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science|
|05 Feb 2018
31 Mar 2018
GATE Score Based Application form has been released. Interested candidates can start filling up their forms from the link provided below. They have to fill-in all the details correctly & properly.
Apply Online: Click Here to apply based on GATE score.
Registration for TIFR GS 2018
For registration, aspirants need to provide the following details;
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Program Applying for
- Preferred subject for the Written test
- Preferred center for the Written Test
After entering all the details, submit it. An activation link will be sent to the registered email id. Click on the activation link and proceed to fill in details in the online application. Read the instructions carefully before you start filling up the online application form. It is advised to candidates to not to make multiple registrations for the same subject.
Filling in Details
After clicking on the activation link, a new window will be displayed in which aspirants will have to enter their personal details, educational qualification details, upload photograph and make payment for the application fees.
Details to be filled in the online application
- Set a new password for Login
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Detail about the highest degree not less than three years
- Select department if wish to apply for the M.Sc. – Ph.D. program(s)
- Pin Code
- Mobile Number
- Latest Degree Information
Candidates need to upload their photograph in .jpg, .jpeg and .gif format only with a Maximum image size being 100 Kbyte.
The payment for the application fees can be done through either of the following ways:
- Demand Draft
- Online Payment
- Fee Waiver Request
Students who wish to apply online and make payment by Demand Draft may send the Demand Draft with their name, reference code and telephone number written behind it. Alternately, students can make online payment through internet banking or by Debit/Credit Card.
Students from remote areas who do not have access to internet may apply manually. They may send a request for application form (without DD) along with a self-addressed stamped (Rs 20/-) envelope (size 25cm x 17cm) superscribed “GS-2018 (Subject)” to :
For Biology – Admissions Section, National Centre for Biological Sciences, UAS-GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065.
For other subjects, except Science Education – University Cell, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400005.
The filled-in application form should be sent along with DD and two passport size photographs (one pasted on the application and one stapled to it).
Students may appear for the written test in multiple subjects if the timings do not clash. Please send separate application (including Demand Draft) for each subject. In case of online applicants, students will have to re-register with a different email id.
For Science Education – Please see the HBCSE website for updated notification of their admission procedure in 2018.
Important Instructions for Application Form of TIFR GS 2018
- The login username for the website would be the reference code that will be generated by the system on successful registration. Please save the email sent by the system after successful registration of the application.
- If certain fields show error while registering, please try to modify the data and avoid using special characters such as . , ` ‘ ( ) / – etc.
- If the aspirant intend to apply for multiple subjects, they will have to provide different email id for each application.
- Check all the details before clicking the registration button. Ensure that you have typed your email ID correctly in the first part of the application. A auto email is sent after completion of the first part of the application wherein a link is provided to proceed further to fill the full application form.
- You may take a print of your application after successful registration or save the same as a pdf file. Applicants wishing to pay by DD may send the DD by writing their reference code, name and telephone number behind it.
- Applicants paying the application fee online will be directed to the payment gateway. Follow the instructions and complete the payment transaction. If the transaction is not completed due to technical reasons, you may login to your account and check the application/payment status. After successful completion of the transaction, please login to your account and check the payment status. If the payment is not complete, you may attempt paying online again. A maximum of five attempts are allowed for online payment.
- Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and a auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgement email within 7 days, neither your payment status is updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in “contact info” section.
- If you are unsuccessful with the online payment you can send us a Demand Draft by first filling up the DD details in the application form and then sending the DD by post/courier. Please write your reference code, name and telephone number behind the DD. Print of application is not required to be sent along with the DD.
Application in Systems Science
Engineering students with exceptional performance in GATE examination of 2018 in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mathematics may apply for the Ph.D. program in Systems Science without appearing for the TIFR Entrance Test.
In case a student who has taken the TIFR System Science Entrance Test also submits a GATE score based application, the better of the two performances will be considered.
Shortlisted GATE score based applicants will be invited to attend an interview tentatively on May 2018.
Please note that for GATE score based applications:
- Only online applications are accepted.
- There is NO application fee.
- Officials will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidates in the near future.
- You will not be able to use the reference number from GATE score based application to log into the GS-2018 website. GATE score based applicants do not need to log into GS-2018 website.