TIFR GS Application Form 2020 – Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) has released the application form for Admissions to Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D programmes in Physics based on JEST-2020. Last date to fill application form is May 03, 2020. Interested candidates who have a rank within 100 can fill the application form online using the link provided below. Make sure to check the eligibility criteria before submitting the application form. Check more details on TIFR GS Application Form 2020 from this page.
Latest: JEST2020 based application form for Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D in Physics is available. Scroll down to apply.
TIFR GS Application Form 2020
The dates for application submission along with exam and interview dates are available. Candidates can check the schedule for JEST2020 based TIFR GS Application Form 2020 from the table below.
|Availability of application||Available!|
|Last date to apply||03 May 2020|
|Written test-II for JEST2020 based|
admissions in Physics
|16 Jun 2020|
|Interview for for JEST2020 based|
admissions in Physics
|17 Jun 2020|
Apply Here: Click Here to fill the JEST-2020 based application form.
TIFR GS 2020 Application Fee
To submit the TIFR GS Application Form 2020, the candidates need to pay the following given amount of the application fee:
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the TIFR GS Application Fee through online mode using credit card/ debit card/ net banking/ UPI or any other mode provided in the payment gateway.
— Application Fee Waiver —
The Institute allows the candidate on the grounds of financial distress to apply for TIFR GS Application Fee Waiver. Such candidates can request a letter from the Principal or the Head of the Department justifying the request. The letter/recommendation from the Principal/HOD should be on the official letter head duly signed and stamped. Furthermore, such candidates need to click the fee waiver option in the payment section of the application form and upload the scanned copy of the recommendation letter to their registration profile.
Documents Required for TIFR GS 2020 Application Form
It is advised to the candidates to keep the following things/ documents ready before hand. This will help you to fill-in correct information in the TIFR GS Application Form.
- Scanned image of your Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of signature
- If you are applying under the Fee Waiver category, then scanned copy of the recommendation letter from the Principal/HOD of your college is required
- If you are applying under the disability category, you will require toupload the scanned copy of the disability certificate.
- A valid email id
- An active mobile number
- Qualifying degree marksheet
TIFR GS 2020 Image Specification
In the TIFR GS 2020 Application Form, the candidates need to upload the documents as per the specifications and format provided below:
|Images to Upload||Format||File Size|
|Photograph||jpg||below 80 kb|
|Signature||jpg||below 80 kb|
(✔️) Do’s and (x) Dont’s for Uploading the Images
✔️ Candidates must upload a passport size photo
✔️ In the photo the facial features of the candidate should be clearly visible
✔️ The photo of the candidate should not be too old and should be recent
✔️ Signature should be done in a running handwriting with a black/ blue ball point pen
X Applications with personal photos (selfies) are not acceptable
X Polaroid photos are not accepted
X Edited photos uploaded in the TIFR GS 2020 Form will be rejected
How to fill the TIFR GS 2020 Application Form?
The recommended browser to fill TIFR GS Application Form are Internet Explorer (version 11 and above) or Mozilla Firefox (version 52 to 67) or Google Chrome (version 55 to 75). Candidates can check below the step-by-step instructions to fill in details in the TIFR GS 2020 Form.
Step 1: Register Online
- Click on the direct link given on this page for TIFR GS 2020 Registration.
- Next, you need to register online by entering details like your Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Place of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, etc.
- Click on the “Register” button to submit the details.
- On successfully registering online, you will receive the Application Number. Also, you will receive an SMS and Email regarding the successful registration.
Step 2: Login
- Check your email id and click on the Login link. A candidate login page will appear on the screen.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Submit the details by clicking on the “Login” button and proceed to fill in details in the Application Form.
Step 3: Fill in Details in TIFR GS Application Form
- On the top of the page, you will see a tab for “Go To Application Form”. Click on it.
- Next, the application form will appear on the screen. You will have to provide your personal details, address details, exam details, etc.
Step 4: Upload Images in the Application Form
The next for the candidates is to upload the scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature as per the specifications.
Step 5: Pay the Application Fee
- Once you have uploaded the images, next the aspirants will have to pay the required amount of the application fee.
- Choose the mode of payment, tick on the declaration and then finally click on the “Submit” button.
- On successful payment of the application fee, submit the form and take its print out for future reference.
Details to Enter in TIFR GS Application Form 2020
In the TIFR GS 2020 Form, the aspirants have to fill in the following information:
Personal Details – In this section, the following information is to be provided:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- PWD status
- Address details
Exam Details – Here you will have to give at least three (03) preferences for the test center. Remember that the test center once chosen and submitted by the candidate will be final and cannot be changed.
Educational Qualification Details – In this part, you will have to provide your academic details, like Degree obtained, the name of the College/ Institution, month and year of passing, etc.
Other Details – In this section, you will have to provide other necessary information like if you would like to apply for other centres of TIFR, subject to be considered for, etc.
TIFR GS 2020 Test Centers
In the exam detail section, aspirants need to select at least 03 test center preferences. The list of test cities for TIFR GS 2020 is provided below. However, it is to be noted that the
How to Apply for TIFR GS 2020 in Systems Science?
Engineering students with exceptional performance in GATE examination of 2020 in Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering, Mathematics may apply for the Ph.D. program in Systems Science without appearing for the TIFR Entrance Test.
In case a student who has taken the TIFR System Science Entrance Test and also submits a GATE score based application, the better of the two performances will be considered. Shortlisted GATE score based applicants will be invited to attend an interview tentatively on May 2020. Note that for GATE score based applications:
- Only online applications are accepted.
- There is NO application fee.
- Officials will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidates in the near future.
- You will not be able to use the reference number from GATE score based application to log into the GS-2019 website. GATE score based applicants do not need to log into GS 2020 website.
Important Instructions for TIFR GS Application Form 2020
- The login username for the website would be the reference code that will be generated by the system on successful registration. Please save the email sent by the system after successful registration of the application.
- If certain fields show error while registering, please try to modify the data and avoid using special characters such as . , ` ‘ ( ) / – etc.
- If the aspirant intends to apply for multiple subjects, they will have to provide different email id for each application.
- Check all the details before clicking the registration button. Ensure that you have typed your email ID correctly in the first part of the application. An auto email is sent after completion of the first part of the application wherein a link is provided to proceed further to fill the full application form.
- Applicants paying the application fee online will be directed to the payment gateway. Follow the instructions and complete the payment transaction. If the transaction is not completed due to technical reasons, you may login to your account and check the application/payment status. After successful completion of the transaction, please login to your account and check the payment status. If the payment is not complete, you may attempt paying online again.
- A maximum of five attempts is allowed for online payment.
- Normally, online payments are received within 2 working days and an auto email is sent by the system acknowledging the payment. If your transaction has been successful and your account has been debited and you do not receive the acknowledgment email, neither your payment status is updated in your account, you may write to the email ids as given in “contact info” section.
TIFR GS 2020 Admit Card
Registered candidates are issued TIFR GS Admit Card 2020 online. No hard copy of the Admit Card is sent to the candidates via post. To download the TIFR GS Admit Card, candidates have to log in by entering their user id and password. It is a mandatory verification document which a candidate must carry on the day of the test. Digital copy of the Admit card will not be accepted at the test centre.
About TIFR GS 2020
The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) conducts the Nationwide Entrance Examination known by the name of Graduate School Admissions (GS). It is conducted to shortlist candidates for admission in Graduate Programme at TIFR in subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability) and Science Education. The admission is offered at the Mumbai campus and various National Centres of TIFR. TIFR exam for biology is also called Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS). Institutes like Department of Biological Sciences (TIFR), TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (Hyderabad) etc accepts JGEEBILS score.
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) is India’s premier research institution located in Mumbai, India. The Institute works under the umbrella of the Department of Atomic Energy of the Government of India and is dedicated to basic research in mathematics and the sciences. The Institute was established in June 01, 1945. It has a graduate programme leading to a PhD in all the major fields of study.
TIFR GS 2020 Registration Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Register online on their official website.
Ans : The Integrated PhD programme aims to provide an integrated approach to combining taught material with the experiences of PhD level research. This programme offers the opportunity for students to broaden and deepen their knowledge in support of their chosen field of research and their future career.
Ans : In other words, you can say that Integrated PhD is the 5 years dual degree course of masters and PhD. Generally, the first two years candidates need to study the master's course (M.Sc or M.Tech) for the first two years and they focus on the research work and core PhD Course for the next three years.
Ans : TIFR is a research-oriented Institute here you can focus only on quality research. In TIFR faculties are very cool and best in their respective fields. All are student-friendly and every student calls them by their name.
In case if you have any questions about the TIFR GS 2020 Application Form, then let us know in the comment section below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.