NIMCET is conducted by different NITs. NIMCET is a Common Entrance National Level Test conducted to grant admission to students who want to pursue MCA Programme. The admission into MCA Programme is given on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates in NIMCET Examination. Any one of 11 NITs conducts NIMCET. The MCA Programme is offered by NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Surathkal, Calicut, Bhopal, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Tiruchirappalli, Warangal. For more information about NIMCET, candidates can go through this article.
Applying once to NIMCET is sufficient; you don’t have to apply separately to any of the NITs. Schedule of NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is given below.
|Date of Examination||Last week of May 2019|
NIMCET Application Form
Candidates can apply for NIMCET through the online mode only. Candidates are required to register first entering the details like name, email id, password etc. After registering, candidates are going to get their login credentials. By using those credentials, candidates can fill NIMCET Application Form. Candidates are required to enter their personal details, educational qualification details etc in the application form. After filling the Application Form, candidates can submit the Application Fee.
The candidates who wish to seek admissions to MCA programmes through NIMCET 201 should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as laid down by the exam conducting body. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Should be Indian National.
- Should have qualified B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)/BCA/BIT under 10+2+3 pattern with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject or equivalent
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for NIMCET.
- General and OBC category candidates should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA score in aggregate of all subjects
- Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
- Whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste need to score at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in an aggregate of all subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of the institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
NIMCET Admit Card
The Admit Card for NIMCET is going to be made available in the online mode. The applicants will be able to download their Admit Card by entering the Email and Password. It is mandatory for candidates to produce the Admit Card at the Test Centre, failing which, they will not be allowed to sit for the test. Admit Cards will not be sent individually to the candidates through post. It is solely the responsibility of the candidate to preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Any request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained.
The exam pattern of NIMCET is given below, candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern once.
- Duration of the exam: Two hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the questions: English
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Syllabus for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Representation
- Computer Basics
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Basic English Grammar
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Passage-based questions
The result of NIMCET shall be declared in online mode only. Candidates can download their NIMCET rank card by logging through their hall ticket number and password. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be shortlisted for seat allotment. The exam conducting authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in the examination.
Candidates who have made through the merit list are allowed to appear for counselling of NIMCET. The shortlisted candidates are allowed to fill their choices in online mode. The seats are allotted to such candidates on the basis of rank obtained in merit, choice-filled and availability of seat.
The following NITs will offer admission to MCA program through NIMCET exam.
|S.No.||Name of institute|
|1||National Institute of Technology, Agartala|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|4||National Institute of Technology, Calicut|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Raipur|
|9||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (also the organizing institute)|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Warangal|
Official Website: www.nimcet.in