NIMCET is conducted by different NITs. NIMCET is a Common Entrance National Level Test conducted to grant admission to students who want to pursue MCA Programme. The admission into MCA Programme is given on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates in NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) Examination. Any one of 10 NITs conducts NIMCET. The MCA Programme is offered by NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Surathkal, Calicut, Bhopal, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), and Warangal. For more information about NIMCET, candidates can go through this article.
The Curriculam and Syllabi for NIMCET is desigend in such a way that the candidate can take admission into different Information Technology
firms in India and abroad. Applying once to NIMCET is sufficient; you don’t have to apply separately to any of the NITs. Schedule of NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is given below.
NIMCET Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who wish to seek admissions to MCA programmes through NIMCET should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions as laid down by the exam conducting body. The detailed eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Should be Indian National.
- Should have qualified B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)/BCA/BIT under 10+2+3 pattern with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject or equivalent
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for NIMCET.
- General and OBC category candidates should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA score in aggregate of all subjects
- Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
- Whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste need to score at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in an aggregate of all subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of the institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
NIMCET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NIMCET is given below, candidates are advised to go through the exam pattern once.
- Duration of the exam: Two hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the questions: English
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Syllabus for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Representation
- Computer Basics
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Basic English Grammar
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Passage-based questions
NIMCET Participating Institutes
The following NITs will offer admission to MCA program through NIMCET exam.
|S.No.||Name of institute|
|1||National Institute of Technology, Agartala|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|4||National Institute of Technology, Calicut|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Raipur|
|9||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (also the organizing institute)|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Warangal|
NIMCET is an Entrance Examination conducted by various NITs for admission into MCA. NITs is conducted by 10 Institutes at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and Warangal. Exams structure is prepared in such a way that the candidate is able to take admission in different Information Technology firms in India and abroad. Candidates will be alloted admission on the basis of ranks which is prepard on the basis of marks secured in NIMSET. After the candidates have graduated MCA they have high potential for jobs in IT sector.
Official Website: nimcet.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.