NIMCET 2018 was held by NIT Surathkal. Candidates who appeared in NIMCET can now check result. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018 is, as the name suggests, a common entrance exam for MCA program admission to eleven NITs. It is being conducted in twenty one cities in India. A total number of MCA seats that are available through NIMCET 2018 are 805. Get here complete details of NIMCET 2018 including date of exam, application form, admit card, result, cut off.
Latest: Commencement of Classwork for First Year MCA is from 16 August 2018. Candidates can look up for more important dates in the below given schedule
Applying once to NIMCET 2018 is sufficient; you don’t have to apply separately to any of the NITs. Schedule of NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018 is given below.
|NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018||Dates|
|Publication of Advertisement in Press and Web||27 Feb 2018|
|Opening date for online Registration||1 Mar 2018 [10 am]|
|Last date for online submission of Application Form||
07 Apr 2018 up to 5 pm
|Availability of Admit card on the web for download||15 May 2018|
|Date and Time of Examination||27 May 2018 [Time: 10 am to 12 noon]|
|Date of Publication of Result||07 Jun 2018|
Choice filling (Last date of Locking choice)
|10 to 14 Jun 2018 [upto 5 pm]|
|First Round of Allotment||16 Jun 2018|
|The first round of Remote reporting in person in any of the participating NIT’S||22 & 23 Jun 2018 (Time 10 am to 5 pm)|
|The second round of Remote reporting in person
(fresh allottees must report. And allottees should report only if they wish to modify their option )
|05 & 06 Jul 2018
(Time 10 am to 5 pm)
|Third round of allotment/upgradations||10 Jul 2018|
|The third round of reporting at the allotted institute and Surrendering the allotted seats by those who do not wish to join, but wish to participate in the final round of allotment.||16 & 17Jul 2018|
|Announcement of vacant seats||21 Jul 2018|
|Fresh Choice Filling||22 & 23 Jul 2018|
|Final round of allotment||25 Jul 2018|
|Final round of reporting at allotted institute||30 Jul 2018|
|Commencement of Classwork for First Year MCA-2018||16 Aug 2018|
This given schedule will be followed by the NIMCET 2018 for this year admission process.
NIMCET 2018 Counselling
Candidate, who have made through the merit list are allowed to appear for counselling of NIMCET 2018. The shortlisted candidates are allowed to fill their choices in online mode. The seats are allotted to such candidates on the basis of rank obtained in merit, choice-filled and availability of seat.
The following NITs will offer admission to MCA program through NIMCET exam.
|S.No.||Name of institute|
|1||National Institute of Technology, Agartala|
|2||Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad|
|3||Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal|
|4||National Institute of Technology, Calicut|
|5||National Institute of Technology, Durgapur|
|6||National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur|
|7||National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra|
|8||National Institute of Technology, Raipur|
|9||National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (also the organizing institute)|
|10||National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy)|
|11||National Institute of Technology, Waranga|
NIMCET 2018 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NIMCET 2018 through online mode only.
- Click on the link that is provided on this page to register online for the entrance test.
- Register by entering details such as Name, Email DI, Username, password, set a security question, and submit the details.
- Applicants need to ensure that valid e-mail-id and 10 digits mobile number have been entered in the respective places. [An email will be sent automatically to the given email-id, wherein a link will be provided to access the webpage to set your own password. (If the mail is not found in the regular folder, the candidate is advised to check even the “SPAM” folder, as the spam filters of some mail service providers dump the first email from a new source to “SPAM” folder).
- Proceed to fill in other required details in the online application form. Also, candidates need to select the 3 preferred examination center. After providing the Personal details, educational qualification details, communication details etc, upload photograph and signature.
- Pay the required amount of application fee through online mode.
- After successful filling of data through online and submitting the same, a complete application form with unique application number will be generated
- Final printing/ saving of the completed Application Form: After the payment of the application fee is successfully done through the Payment Gateway, the page will show “FINALLY SUBMIT” button. By clicking on this button, the applicant is lead to the webpage containing the PDF version of the completed application form. It may be noted that this application form contains unique “APPLICATION REGISTRATION NUMBER”. This is the final version of the application. The applicant is advised to download a soft copy of this application and also keep a printed copy of the same. Please note the application number for all future references and correspondence.
The Application fee can be paid through NIMCET 2018 website only.
|Category||Application Fee charges|
Note: OBC candidates have to satisfy both the caste and creamy layer requirements detailed on the following National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website: http://ncbc.nic.in/Home. aspx. Proforma for OBC certificate (issued on or after April 1, 2017) along with the undertaking given in Annexure-I is to be submitted (uploaded) while applying online. However, the original certificate which is issued on or after April 1, 2018, by competent authority has to be produced at the time of reporting and admission.
The candidates who wish to seek admissions to MCA programmes through NIMCET 2018 should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by the exam conducting body. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Should be Indian National.
- Should have qualified B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)/BCA/BIT under 10+2+3 pattern with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject or equivalent
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2018.
- General and OBC category candidates should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA score in aggregate of all subjects
- Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
- Whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste need to score at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in an aggregate of all subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET2018 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of the institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year 2018-19. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2018 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
NIMCET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Card for NIMCET 2018 has been released and available online to download. The applicants will be able to download their Admit Card by entering the Email and Password. It is mandatory for candidates to produce the Admit Card at the Test Centre, failing which, they will not be allowed to sit for the test. Admit Cards will not be sent individually to the candidates through post. It is solely the responsibility of the candidate to preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Any request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained.
The exam pattern of NIMCET 2018 is given below, candidate is advised to go through the exam pattern once.
- Duration of the exam: Two hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the questions: English
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
|Test Center||Center Code|
Syllabus for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Representation
- Computer Basics
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Basic English Grammar
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Passage-based questions
NIMCET 2018 Result
The result of NIMCET 2018 shall be declared in online mode only. Candidates can download their NIMCET 2018 rank card by logging through their hall ticket number and password. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be shortlisted for seat allotment. The exam conducting authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in the examination.
Official Website: www.nimcet.in
For more details about NIMCET Download NIMCET Information Brochure 2018