NIMCET 2018 is a National level test conducted by NITs for admission to their MCA programme. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is conducted for admission to the MCA programme into NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the academic session 2018-19. The interested aspirants can apply online for NIMCET 2018 at, nitdgp.ac.in.
The application will be available online and aspirants need to provide valid details in it. Register online, fill in other required details in the online application, upload scanned copy of the photograph and signature and make payment for the application fee. Candidates need to submit the printout of the completed application form to the NIMCET 2018 office. The admit card for the entrance exam will be issued for only those candidates who will submit their application before the due date. On the basis of marks obtained by the candidate, a merit list will be prepared and selected candidates will be allowed to participate or counselling and seat allotment. Check more details on NIMCET 2018 from the article below.
The expected schedule for NIMCET 2018 is provided in the table below:
|Notification will be released on||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|Application process begins from||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|NIMCET application with documents can be submitted till||Last week of Mar 2018|
|Issuance of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2018|
|NIMCET 2018 exam date||Last week of May 2018|
|Announcement of result||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Choice filling will begin from||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Counselling and seat allotment commences from||3rd to last week of Jun 2018|
NIMCET 2018 Application Form
- Aspirants can apply for NIMCET 2018 through online mode only.
- Click on the link that will be provided on this page to register online for the entrance test.
- Register by entering details such as Name, Email DI, Username, password, set a security question, and submit the details, on submitting the details, the aspirants will receive an OTP number to verify their account.
- Proceed to fill in other required details in the online application form. Also candidates need to select the 3 preferred examination center. After providing the Personal details, educational qualification details, communication details etc, upload photograph and signature.
- Pay the required amount of application fee through online mode.
- After successful filling of data through online and submitting the same, a complete application form with unique application number will be generate
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the generated application form and send it with all relevant documents to the NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018 office, by Speed Post/Registered Post.
The Application fee can be paid through NIMCET 2018 website only. The copy of the payment receipt needs to be sent along with the generated application to NIT MCA Common Entrance Test-2018 office.
|Category||Application Fee charges|
The candidates who wish to seek admissions to MCA programmes through NIMCET 2018 should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by the exam conducting body. The eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- Should have qualified B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons.)/BCA/BIT under 10+2+3 pattern with Mathematics/Statistics as a subject or equivalent
- Candidates who possess a Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology degree or equivalent from a recognized University are also eligible to apply for NIMCET 2018.
- General and OBC category candidates should have obtained a minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA score in aggregate of all subjects
- Whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories i.e Scheduled Tribes, Scheduled Caste need to score at least 55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in an aggregate of all subjects.
NIMCET 2018 Admit Card
The Admit Card for NIMCET 2018 will be made available online only. The applicants will be able to download their Admit Card by entering the Username and Password from 3rd week of May 2018. It is mandatory for candidates to produce the Admit Card at the Test Centre, failing which, they will not be allowed to sit for the test. Admit Cards will not be sent individually to the candidates through post. It is solely the responsibility of the candidate to preserve the Admit Card till the entire process of admission is complete. Any request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained.
- Duration of the exam: Two hours
- Number of questions: 120
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- Medium of the questions: English
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
Syllabus for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2018
- Set Theory
- Probability and Statistics
- Coordinate Geometry
- Data Representation
- Computer Basics
- Meaning of words and phrases
- Technical writing
- Basic English Grammar
- Word power
- Synonyms and Antonyms
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Passage based questions
NIMCET 2018 Result
The result of NIMCET 2018 shall be declared in the 1st week of June 2018 in online mode only. Candidates can download their NIMCET 2018 rank card by logging through their hall ticket number and password. Candidates who will qualify the entrance exam will be shortlisted for seat allotment. The exam conducting authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks scored by the candidate in the examination.
NIMCET 2018 Counselling
Candidate, who will make through the merit list will be allowed to appear for counselling of NIMCET 2018. The shortlisted candidates will be required to fill their choices in online mode. The seat will be allotted to such candidates on the basis of rank obtained in merit, choice filled and availability of seat.
Insofar, official details of NIMCET 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as NITs release NIMCET 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.