ICMAI is the Institute of Cost Accountants of India. It was previously known as the Institute of Cost and Work Accountants of India (ICWAI). Cost and Management Accountant Professionals play an important role in creating value in the socio-economic context. The Institute of Cost Accountants of India has issued the Admit Card for Inter/ Final/ Foundation Examination of June 2018. The application process for ICMAI 2018 for all the courses is over now. The ICMAI conducts the entrance exam for complete details of the ICMAI exams such as registration and application form, admit card, results and mark sheet, notifications, and other information.
- CMA Registration
- Foundation Course
- Intermediate Course
- Certificate in Accounting Technicians (CAT) Course
ICMAI CMA 2018
Candidates must check the schedule for the upcoming event, which will help them to know particular exam date. Candidates can know more about the dates and exam from below.
|ICMAI CMA Foundation December 2018||10 to 13 Dec 2018|
|CMA Inter December 2018||10 to 17 Dec 2018|
|ICMAI CMA Final December 2018||10 to 17 Dec 2018|
ICMAI whose full form is Institute of Cost Accountants of India which was previously known as ICWAI (Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India). ICMAI is a regulatory body which helps the Cost & Management Accountancy profession in India. ICMAI is held under three stages Foundation, Intermediate and Final and it is for various areas like Management Accounting, Cost Accounting, Financial Accounting, Taxation, Audits, Corporate Laws etc. ICMAI will help the candidate to become a cost and management accountant. Along with the exam the candidate has to complete three-year practical training to apply in various institutes. Candidates after qualifying the exam will be the member of institutes of Cost Accountants of India in the designation ACMA (Associate Cost and Management Accountant) and FCMA (Fellow Cost and Management Accountant), as applicable based on their type of membership of the institute.
ICMAI Foundation offers a course Certified Management Accountant (CMA) which will help the candidate to become a certified management accountant. It helps the candidates two develop two important skills which are financial accounting and strategic management. Along with the core strategy, management and accounting, it also focuses on regulatory. After clearing the foundation course the certificate will tell that the candidate possesses knowledge in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics.
ICMAI is a course of twelve months duration which is the second level/the second stage after clearing the foundation course on the path of becoming a Cost Accountant. The ICMAI course involves the study of subjects and topics such as Cost and Management Accountancy, Statistics, Auditing, Tax Laws and Tax Planning, Organization and Management Fundamentals, Accounting, Economics and Business Fundamentals,etc.
ICMAI is a 12 months course which is minimum duration; also, it is the final level/final stage study before the practical training, on the path of becoming a Cost and Management Accountant. The ICMAI course involves study of subjects and topics such as Cost and Management Accountancy, Statistics, Auditing, Tax Laws and Tax Planning, Organization and Management Fundamentals, Accounting, Economics and Business Fundamentals, etc. The course provided by the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India (ICMAI) is a mixture of postal tuition and mandatory coaching classes for a specified period. Study material is provided to the students at the time of admission.
The flow from admission to the course up to the membership is as follow.
Details of fee structure for the foundation, intermediate and final is provided below.
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (erstwhile The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India) was first established in 1944 as a registered company under the Companies Act with the objects of promoting, regulating and developing the profession of Cost Accountancy.
Objectives of the Institute
- To develop the Cost and Management Accountancy function as a powerful tool of management control in all spheres of economic activities.
- To promote and develop the adoption of scientific methods in cost and management accountancy.
- To develop the professional body of members and equip them fully to discharge their functions and fulfill the objectives of the Institute in the context of the developing economy.
- To keep abreast of the latest developments in the cost and management accounting principles and practices, to incorporate such changes are essential for sustained vitality of the industry and other economic activities.
- To exercise supervision for the entrants to the profession and to ensure strict adherence to the best ethical standards by the profession.
- To organise seminars and conferences on subjects of professional interest in different parts of the country for cross-fertilisation of ideas for professional growth.
- To carry out research and publication activities covering various economic spheres and the publishing of books and booklets for spreading information of professional interest to members in industrial, education and commercial units in India and abroad.