Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI) conduct the CA Intermediated exam twice in a year i.e. June and December. Candidates have to appear in three phases to become a Cost and Management Accountant (CMA). Candidates who want to apply for CMA Intermediate exam, they first need to qualify the Foundation test, Intermediate and then Final test. The candidates should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus of ICMAI CMA Intermediate. Interested candidates can check the complete details of ICMAI CMA Intermediate from this article.
– ICMAI has released the instructions for the intermediate and final course examination December 2020. Click here to check the details.
– Correction/Change in the Choice of OPT-OUT/OPT-IN/update Mobile number and Email-id in Online link for the rescheduled Intermediate and Final Examination of December 2020 to be held in Jan 2021. Click here to make the changes.
– ICMAI CMA December 2020 Important Notification for online Intermediate and Final Examination of December 2020. Click here to check the same.
– ICMAI CMA December 2020 Notification for Merged Intermediate and Final Examination has been released. Check more details below.
ICMAI CMA Intermediate
Candidates first need to register themselves for the course they want to go for. After the examination candidates will be able to appear for the examination and see te result. CMA Intermediate examination is consist of twelve papers. Given below has all the dates for the examination of both the session.
|Exam Date||Group 1||Group 2|
10 Dec 2020
|Financial Accounting (P-05)||–|
11 Dec 2020
|–||Operations Management & Strategic Management (P-09)|
12 Dec 2020
|Laws & Ethics (P-06)||–|
13 Dec 2020
|–||Cost & Management Accounting and Financial Management (P-10)|
14 Dec 2020
|Direct Taxation (P-07)||–|
15 Dec 2020
|–||Indirect Taxation (P-11)|
16 Dec 2020
|Cost Accounting (P-08)||–|
17 Dec 2020
|–||Company Accounts & Audit (P-12)|
Download Schedule: Click here to download the schedule and notice for ICMAI CMA Entrance Test 2020.
ICMAI CMA December 2020 Notification for Merged Intermediate and Final Examination
Click here to check the above Notice.
Notification Regarding Merging of ICMAI CMA Intermediate June 2020 Exams with December 2020 Exams
Click here to check the complete notification regarding merging of exams.
CMA Intermediate Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be 10+2 passed or equivalent examination and have a secured the Foundation course from Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Qualified the Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination of Certificate in Accounting Technicians (CAT) Course of the Institute of Cost Accountants of India.
- Candidate must have secured engineering coursed or pursuing Degree examination from any recognized University or equivalent examination in any subject other than music, dancing, painting, photography, & sculpture etc.
Syllabus for CMA Intermediate
The candidates can check the complete of CMA Inter December Group I and Group II from below. After checking the complete syllabus candidates can prepare according to the syllabus.
CMA Intermediate Syllabus Group 1
- Paper 5- Financial Accounting
- Paper 6- Laws & Ethics
- Paper 7- Direct Taxation
- Paper 8- Cost & Management Accounting
CMA Intermediate Syllabus Group 2
- Paper 9- Operating Management & Strategic Management
- Paper 10- Cost & Management Accounting & Financial Management
- Paper 11- Indirect Taxation
- Paper 12- Company Accounts & Audit
Click Here to download detailed information regarding CWA Intermediate Syllabus 2019.
Exam Pattern for CMA Intermediate
Intermediate consists of a total of 12 papers consisting of 100 marks each
- Duration of Examination: 3 hours
- Mode of Examination: 60% objective, 40% subjective
CMA Intermediate Syllabus – Syllabus 2016 – Intermediate Course, Group 1
Paper 5: Financial Accounting
|A- Accounting- Basics||25|
|B- Preparation of Financial Statements||40|
|C- Self Balancing Ledgers, Royalties, Hire Purchase & Installment System, Branch &|
|D- Accounting in Computerised Environment and Accounting Standards||15|
Paper 6: Laws and Ethics
|A- Commercial Laws||30|
|B- Industrial Laws||25|
|C- Corporate Law||35|
Paper 7: Direct Taxation
|Income Tax Act Basis||10|
|Heads of Income and Computation of Total Income and Tax Liability||70|
|Tax management, administrative procedures and ICDS||20|
Paper 8: Cost Accounting
|Introduction of Cost Accounting||40|
|Methods of Costing||30|
|Cost Accounting Techniques||30|
CMA Intermediate Syllabus – Syllabus 2016 – Intermediate Course, Group 2
Paper 9: Operations and Strategic Management
Paper 10: Cost and management accounting and Financial Management
|Cost & Management Accounting and Financial Management||50|
Paper 11: Indirect Taxation
|Cannons of Taxations – Indirect Tax GST||80|
Paper 12: Company Accounts and Audits
|Accounts of Joint Stock Companies||50|
About Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI)
The institute Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI), formerly named as the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI), is a significant professional accountancy body in India with the objects of promoting, developing and regulating the profession of cost and management accountancy. It is the only licensing cum regulating the body in the country. It tells the cost accounting standards to be followed by companies in India, to which statutory body they were applicable. It also helps with cost accountants while discharging their services. ICMAI works with Central and state government and other regulating bodies in India e.g., Securities and Exchange Board of India, Reserve Bank Of India.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.