XAT 2023 is being organized by XLRI. The exam date is 8 January 2023. Registration for the exam has commenced. Candidates can apply online at xatonline.in. The last date to apply is 30 November. Then, admit card will be released on 20 December. Thereafter result will be announced on 31 January.
The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is a National level MBA entrance exam. It is conducted by XLRI for admission to MBA, PGDM, and other Management Programs offered in accepting colleges in XLRI and other XAT Associates. Students who wish to appear in XAT exam can get here the latest news and preparation material including exam date, registration, syllabus, exam pattern, question papers.
Latest – XAT 2023 registration process started. Get the link to apply here
About the exam: XAT 2023 is short for Xavier Aptitude Test. It is an MBA entrance exam at the National level. Organized by XLRI, XAT is for admission to MBA, PGDM, and other Management Programs offered in accepting colleges.
XAT 2023 Exam Date
The XAT 2023 exam date, registration release & last date, admit card release date, answer key date, result date are as follows.
|Important Events of XAT Exam 2023||Dates|
|Release of notification||As per XLRI|
|Release of XAT registration 2023||10 Aug 2022|
|Last date to apply at xatonline.in||30 Nov 2022|
|XAT admit card 2023 release date||20 Dec 2022|
|XAT 2023 exam date||08 Jan 2023 |
(2 PM to 5:10 PM)
|Issuance of answer key||As per XLRI|
|XAT 2023 result date and time||31 Jan 2023|
|XAT Score Card download||31 Jan 2023 – 31 Mar 2023|
Candidates must keep checking xatonline.in for any changes in the Xavier Aptitude Test dates.
Important Downloads and Official Links
XAT 2023 Registration
The XAT registration 2023 is opened by XLRI. In order to apply for the Xavier Aptitude Test, candidates must first do registration at xatonline.in before the last date.
How to register?
In order to register for XAT 2023, candidates must do the following:
- Go to the official website xatonline.in.
- Then do registration for the XAT exam.
- After that fill all personal, educational, contact details in the XAT 2023 registration.
- Also, upload documents such as photograph, signature in the XAT online registration.
- Finally, pay the registration fee as prescribed by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute).
Registration fees –
- Rs. 2000/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 200/- each.
- Indian candidates can apply through GMAT/GRE for PGDM (GM) whereas an NRI/Foreign national can apply through GMAT for all the programmes. Kindly note GRE scores are only valid for PGDM(GM).
- Fee for Indian Candidates applying for PGDM(GM) through GMAT/GRE– Rs. 2500/-
- Fee for NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
XAT Exam 2023 Overview
|Aspects of the XAT Exam||Details|
|Name of Exam||XAT 2023|
|Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Exam Organizing Body||Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute) (XLRI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Type of Exam||MBA entrance exam|
|Courses in which admission is through XAT||MBA, PGDM, and other Management Programs offered in accepting colleges|
|Colleges in which admission is through XAT||XLRI and other XAT Associates|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Types of Questions||TBA; Last time it was MCQs + Essay|
|Total Number of Questions||TBA; Last time it was 101|
|Subjects in Exam||TBA; Last time it was Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, General Knowledge, Essay Writing Test|
|Educational Qualification to appear in Exam||Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration|
XAT 2023 Syllabus
The XLRI does not specify any particular syllabus for the Xavier Aptitude Test. However educators have compiled a list of topics that usually make up the question paper. The XAT syllabus is as follows as per an analysis of past year papers.
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
- Essay Writing Test
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of XAT 2023 is as follows.
- Mode: XLRI will hold the Xavier Aptitude Test as Computer Based Test.
- Duration: The exam will be of 3 hours. There is no sectional time limit.
- Type of questions: The questions in the question paper will be as follows – MCQ type + Essay.
- On-Screen calculator: No, the candidates will not be given access to on screen calculator
- Order of sections: Yes the candidates can choose any section to begin with.
- Switch between sections: Yes.
Exam pattern in terms of topics are yet to be announced. .
Last year it was as follows
|Paper||No. of Qs||Max Marks|
|PART 1 – 165 Minutes|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
|TOTAL in PART 1||75||75|
|PART 2 – 25 Minutes|
|Essay Writing Test||1||?|
|TOTAL in PART 1 and 2||101||100 + Marks for essay|
- GK marks not counted for percentile / result.
- Essay marks calculated only for shortlisted candidates
Marking Scheme (last year)
- Candidates get +1 mark for correct answer in all sections.
- The negative marking is -0.25 mark for incorrect answer in all sections except GK. There was no negative mark in GK
- Penalty for unattempted questions: -0.10 Negative marks for each un-attempted question after 8 un-attempted questions
XAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Students must check the eligibility criteria of XAT exam before applying. The important points for eligibility criteria are the following.
Educational qualification – Candidates can appear in this exam after Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration.
For complete eligibility criteria, refer to official website xatonline.in and information brochure.
XAT 2023 Admit Card
The admit card of XAT 2023 is issued by Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute) for those who have submitted registration.
- Release Date – The release date of XAT admit card 2023 is as per decision of XLRI. Please refer the dates table above
- Download Link – Candidates can get the direct link to download the XAT hall ticket at xatonline.in.
- How to download XAT admit card 2023? – In order to download the admit card of Xavier Aptitude Test, candidates need to access the XAT 2023 login. Then login with the login credentials.
XAT 2023 Exam Centers
XLRI will hold XAT 2023 at centers in the following cities
Agra, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh/Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur/Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
XAT 2023 Answer Key
After the exam, students seek out the XAT answer key. Using this, one can calculate marks scored in the Xavier Aptitude Test exam and predict their result.
- Unofficial Answer Key – Many MBA entrance exam coaching centers release unofficial answer keys of XAT exam just after the exam. Candidates can check them on the same day.
- Official Answer Key – XLRI releases the official answer key of XAT 2023 at its discretion. Candidates can download the same from xatonline.in.
XAT 2023 Result
The result of XAT 2023 is declared by the Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute) as per the result date and time decided by them.
- XAT 2023 result date and time – The result date and time for XAT 2023 is decided by XLRI. Check the dates section for the same.
- Link – The direct link to check Xavier Aptitude Test result is made available on the official website xatonline.in.
- How to check XAT 2023 result – Candidates need to go to the official website xatonline.in and click on the relevant XAT result / merit list 2023 link. Then, in case of XAT 2023 scorecard / rank, login with login id and password. If there is a XAT 2023 merit list pdf, one can simply download it.
Qs 1. What is XAT exam?
Ans 1. The XAT exam is held annually by the XLRI. It is an MBA entrance exam. Through this exam, candidates get admission to MBA, PGDM, and other Management Programs offered in accepting colleges in XLRI and other XAT Associates.
Qs 2. How can I apply for XAT 2023?
Ans 2. You can apply for the Xavier Aptitude Test for academic session 2023-24 by filling the registration. Visit xatonline.in and check the registration form. Enter details, and pay fee before the last date to apply for XAT exam.
Qs 3. Who can appear in the Xavier Aptitude Test?
Ans 3. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can appear in the XAT exam.
Qs 4. What is the official website?
Ans 4. The official website is xatonline.in.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.