|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
XAT 2018 – XLRI Jamshedpur is organizing XAT 2018 Exam. The Xavier Aptitude Test will be held on 7 January 2018 in 47 cities in India as well as 2 cities abroad. XAT application form 2018 has been released at xatonline.in. A significant change in XAT Exam is that it will be in online mode. The test score will be used for admission to XLRI management programs, XAMI member institutes, XAT associate member institutes, and other colleges. It is important to realize that exam pattern and syllabus of XAT exam is significantly different from other management entrance exams.
XAT 2018 Important Dates
Important dates of XAT 2018 exam have been announced by XLRI. It signifies start and end date for application form submission, issue of admit card, conduct of exam, and declaration of result.
|Exam Date Announcement||30 Jul 2017|
|Registration Start at xatonline.net.in||16 Aug 2017|
|Last date to apply for XAT 2018||30 Nov 2017|
|Download admit card from XAT 2018 official website if applied for exam from||20 Dec 2017|
|XAT 2018 Exam Date||07 Jan 2018|
|Availability of official answer key for exam||Second week of January 2018|
|Result declaration of XAT 2018 with scorecard||Last week of January 2018|
What’s New In XAT 2018
XAT 2018 Exam will be held in online mode. This is the most important change introduced in the exam.
XLRI has announced exam date, application form date, application fee, how to fill form, examination cities, eligibility
XAT Eligibility Criteria 2018
It is candidate’s responsibility to ensure that they fulfill eligibility conditions before applying.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian nationals to appear in XAT 2018 (NRI and Foreign nationals can apply for XLRI admission on the basis of GMAT scores).
- Education: All candidates who have Bachelor’s degree of at least 3 years duration are eligible.
- Appearing in final year: Those who are completing final examination by 10th June 2018 can also apply.
- Outside India: NRI and Foreign students can apply on basis of Graduate Management Admission Test scores except those in Dubai and Kathmandu where they can appear in XAT 2018 entrance test.
XAT 2018 Registration
If you have made up your mind to appear in XAT exam, then the first thing to do is apply. XAT 2018 registration is the first step towards appearing in the Xavier Aptitude Test.
The application fee is as follows.
|Without late fee||With late fee|
|Rs 1650||Rs 2000|
|Candidates interested in XLRI programmes, additional fee: Rs 300 per programme||Candidates interested in XLRI programmes, additional fee: Rs 500 per programme|
There are 3 modes of fee payment: online using credit card / debit card / online banking, DD, cash.
It is important to realize that XAT registration is different from applying to institutes of choice (through XAT application form 2018, you can only apply to XLRI; apply separately to other institutes where you wish to get admission, and, who also accept XAT score).
Filling details in XAT 2018 application form and submitting it – is a simple process. However, be careful as the correctness of form is crucial to candidature.
XAT registration 2018 will be an online process. In order to appear in exam, it is important to submit correct details in form and submit it with fees before last date. Key steps involved in registration are as follows.
- Visit www.xatonline.net.in and navigate to registration link. Enter key details upon which you will receive XAT ID and registration link.
- Create your password and then you can login by entering XAT ID and newly created password.
- Now fill details such as test city, name, mobile number. Then, you must upload a photograph and a signature as per the specifications mentioned below and click on save.
- Pay application fee in mode prescribed.
(width x height)
|Photograph||200 x 230 pixels||JPEG/ JPG|
|Signature||140 x 60 pixels||JPEG/ JPG|
XAT 2018 Admit Card
It is mandatory to carry official hall ticket to exam center on day of exam. XLRI will issue XAT admit card 2018 on 20th December 2017 and it will be available until exam day at least. Key points regarding the hall ticket are as follows.
- XAT 2018 Admit Card will be released online at candidate login.
- Only those who have submitted application forms on time will be able to download hall ticket.
- Carry officially issued admit card along with ID proof to exam hall.
- It contains important details including candidate information which is same as in application form, test centre, and exam timings.
Cities where XAT exam will be held on 7th January 2018 from 10 am to 1.35 pm are as follows:
|In India||Outside India|
|Agartala, Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Greater Noida, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Surat, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam||Dubai, Kathmandu|
XAT 2018 Syllabus
- Mode of test: XLRI will hold XAT 2018 in online mode.
- Papers in XAT: There are expected to be 2 papers namely Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Exam Duration: Last year the duration of exam was 170 minutes to attempt all questions in paper 1 and 25 minutes for paper 2. Details of exam duration for XAT 2018 will be announced soon.
- Number of questions: Last year in XAT exam there were 100 questions. Distribution of questions is given below. Details of number of questions in XAT 2018 will be announced soon.
|Paper||Name of Section||Number of questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26||2 Hours 50 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||29||29|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25||25||35 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1 Essay||–|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Who are eligible to appear in XAT 2018?
Candidates who satisfy following eligibility requirements can appear in XAT exam.
- It is mandatory to have a recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any discipline.
- Those completing their final examination by June 10, 2018, may also apply.
Can NRI and Foreign students apply?
XAT 2018 holds significance for Indian candidates. In case of NRI and Foreign candidates, they can apply through GMAT score (except Dubai and Kathmandu wherein candidates also have an option of appearing for XAT exam).
What percentage should be filled in XAT 2018 Registration by final year candidates?
Enter aggregate marks obtained until time of form filling.
Does registration for XAT exam make one eligible for XLRI and Associate Member Institutes?
- Candidates interested in XLRI needs to apply for the programmes of their choice, please refer to guidelines in registration procedure.
- For XAT Associate Member Institutes, refer XAT Associate Institutes website.
- XAT is a common test for admission into academic programmes of XLRI.
What is the duration of test?
XAT exam is of 3 hours and 35 minutes duration.
If I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply?
Yes. You are eligible.
What is the significance of past academic performance in XAT admission?
XLRI does not have any cut off based on any of the following X, XII, graduation marks. The evaluation of candidates’ academic competence will be evaluated holistically by XLRI based on candidates’ performance in interview, group discussion and XAT written test.
XAT Result 2018
- Candidates can check their result online at XLRI XAT website.
- Declaration of XAT 2018 Result would be done in month of January.
- It is important to keep login credentials safe as they will be required to check result.
- Using XAT scores, candidates can apply for admission in XLRI and XAT Associate Institutes.
Institutes Accepting XAT Scores
Admission will be done in several colleges through XAT exam result. Candidates need to apply for XLRI admission 2018 during filling up XAT 2018 registration. In order to get admission in other institutes, visit website of institute and go through separate application process.
After XAT 2018 Result is announced, institutes where candidates have filled forms, will publish shortlist for GD PI. Candidates who are shortlisted need to attend GD PI and clear them to get admission.
XLRI offers the following programmes
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Business Management (BM)
- General Management Programme(For working Professionals)
- Accurate Institute of Management and Technology
- Acharya Bangalore B-School
- Acharya School of Management
- Acharya Institute of Management & Sciences
- Adarsh Institute of Management & Information Technology (AIMIT)
- Alliance University, Alliance School of Business
- Amrita School of Business
- APG Shimla University
- Aryans Business School
- ABS Asian Business School (NOIDA)
- Asia Pacific Institute of Management
- Asian School of Business Management
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management(BIMM)
- Bengal Institute of Business Studies
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Usha & Lakshmi Mittal Institute of Management (BULMIM)
- Bhavan’s Centre for Communication and Management
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- Birla Institute of Management Technology
- BLS Institute of Management
- BML Munjal University
- BNM Institute of Technology
- Centurion University of Technology and Management
- Chandragupta Institutre of Management Patna
- CMS Business School
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute of Management and Higher Studies
- Delhi School of Professional Studies and Research
- Desh Bhagat Institute of Management & Computer Sciences
- Development Management Institute
- Disha Institute of Management and Technology
- Doon Business School Global
- Driems Business School
- EMPI Business School
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDlI)
- First India Group of Institutions
- Flame School of Business
- Fortune Institute of International Business
- FORE School of Management,New Delhi
- GIBS Business School
- Gitam Institute of Management
- Gitam School of International Business
- Globsyn Business School
- GNIMS Business School
- Goa Institute of Management
- Great Lakes Institute of Management
- HDF School of Management
- Hyderabad Business School,Gitam University
- IBMR – Business Schools
- ICBM – School of Business Excellence
- Institute for Future Education, Entrepreneurship& Leadership
- IFIM Business School
- IILM College of Management Studies
- IILM Graduate School of Management
- IILM Institute for Business and Management
- IIMT School of Management (ISM)
- Indian Institute of Finance
- Indian Institute of Forest Management
- Indian Institute of cost and management studies & research
- Indus Business Academy
- Indus World School of Business
- Institute for Financial Management and Research
- Institute for Technology and Management
- Institute of Business Studies and Research
- Institute of Health Management Research
- Institute of Management & Information Science (IMIS)
- Institute of Management Technology ( Dubai)
- Institute of Management Technology ( Hyderabad)
- Institute of Management Technology ( Nagpur)
- Institute of Management Technology (Ghaziabad)
- Institute of Rural Management Anand
- Institute of Science & Management
- International Academy of Management & Entrepreneurship (IAME)
- International Institute of Business studies
- International School of Business & Media
- International School of Management Excellence
- Invertis Institute of Management Studies
- ISBR Business School
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies
- Jagran Institute of Communication and Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- Jaipuria Institute of Management
- O.P. Jindal Global University
- JK Lakshmipat University
- JRE Group Of Institutions
- Kaziranga University
- Kejriwal Institute of Management & Development Studies
- Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research
- Kohinoor Business School, Khandala
- Krupajal Business School
- Lovely Professional University
- Management Education & Research Institute
- Mangalvedhekar Institute of Management (MIM)
- Manipal University Jaipur
- Marian Institute of Health Care Management
- Master School of Management
- MATS Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
- MISB Bocconi
- MIT Pune’s, MIT School of Telecom Management
- MIT School of Business
- M S Ramaiah Institute of Management
- Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA)
- MVRR Institute of Business Management
- Myra School of Business
- NIIT University
- National Institute of Securities Markets
- National School of Business
- New Delhi Institute of Management
- Praxis Business School
- Prin. L.N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research
- Pune Institute of Business Management
- Raffles University Japanese Zone
- Ravenshaw Management Centre
- Regional College of Management Autonomous
- Regional College of Management Bangalore
- RICS School of Built Environment,Amity University
- Sharda University
- Shanti Business School
- S P Jain Institute of Management & Research
- School of Management
- School of Management Sciences
- School of Management, KIIT University
- School of Petroleum Management, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- SCMS Cochin School of Business
- Shiva Institute of Management Studies
- Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development
- SIET Institute of Management
- Siva Sivani Institute of Management
- Sri Shrada Institute of Indian Management Research
- Sri Sri University
- Suryadatta Group of Institutes
- T A Pai Management Institute
- Taxila Business School
- The National Management School
- Training & Advanced Studies in Management and Communications Ltd (TASMAC)
- United World School of Business
- Vanguard Business School
- VIT Business School
- Vignana Jyothi Institute of Management
- Vivekananda Insititute of Professional Studies – Technical Campus
- Vivekananda Global University
- WLC College India
- WOXSEN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Mount Carmel Institute of Management
- ST. FRANCIS INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH (SFIMR)
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration
- St.Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology
- Xavier Institute of Management
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship
- Xavier Institute of Management & Research
- Xavier Institute of Management, Jabalpur
- XLRI Xavier School of Management
- Xavier Institute of Social Service
XAT Cut Off
Cut off is fixed by XLRI and other institutes that offer admission on basis of XAT score. XAT 2018 cut off refers to minimum marks that are required to get admission in institute or be eligible to appear in GD/PI process. Last year’s XAT Cut Off are mentioned below.
XAT Cut off for BM and HR Programmes.
XAT Cut Off for GMP Programme
|VA||5 and above|
|DM||5 and above|
|QA||6 and above|
|Total||22 and above|
Being one of the most astute examinations, it takes lots of hard work and determination to crack XAT. Every year, thousands of aspirants apply for XAT to get admission in good colleges.
C. H. Area (East)Jamshedpur
+91 657 665 3203 /3204/3205
1800 419 2929
Monday to Saturday 08:00am – 08:00pm