XAT 2020 Admit Card – Xavier School of Management (XLRI) has released XAT admit card 2020, on xatonline.in. Candidates can download it from the link below, by entering user id and password. Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 is going to be conducted on January 05, 2020. On the exam day, candidates need to carry a hard copy of XAT hall ticket and a valid id proof. The admit card of XAT contains personal details of the candidate as well as exam details. Check mote information on XAT 2020 admit card like how to download it, thing to carry / not to carry, etc, from this page.
Latest: XAT 2020 admit card released. Download from the link below.
XAT Admit Card 2020
The entrance exam for XAT 2020 is to be conducted in a single day in a single session only from 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Candidates have to carry admit card because only after showing it, permission to enter exam hall is granted. Candidates can check XAT 2020 admit card download date from the table below.
|XAT 2020 admit card||Important dates|
|XAT admit card release date||20 Dec 2019|
|Last date to download XAT admit card||03 Jan 2020|
|XAT 2020 exam date||05 Jan 2020|
Download here: Click here to download XAT 2020 admit card.
XAT 2020 Mock Test
Mock test: Click here for XAT 2020 mock test.
Candidates who are preparing for XAT 2020 can take mock tests to help them judge their preparation level and improve the speed with accuracy. With the help of the mock test you will also understand the working of a computer-based test process.
XAT 2020 Exam Schedule
In the table below, candidates can check the exam schedule, i.e. reporting timing, closure time, etc.
|Reporting timings||08:00 AM|
|Gate closure time||09:10 AM|
|Exam start time||09:30 AM|
|Exam end time||12:30 PM|
How to Prepare for XAT 2020?
If anyone has prepared for CAT exam then they are not much stranger to this, however, there are some minor differences like there is no on-screen calculator for XAT, candidates can move from one section to another, there is no sectional time limit unlike CAT. The best way to prepare for XAT is to solve previous year papers. Many toppers and MBA gurus emphasize on solving previous year papers as much as possible.
Since not much time is left for the candidates, below you can check preparation tips for last few days:
- First and foremost improve your basics of quantitative aptitude, data interpretation, logical reasoning and verbal ability.
- Once you have covered the basics, the next step is to practice.
- Give mocks regularly at least 2 in a week and increase it with each day passing.
- Many say that XAT prep is quite similiar to that of CAT, hence you should try focussing more on decision making section and GA. Decision-making section can be the make or break section.
- Daily reading will help you in essay writing.
- It has been observed that majority of the questions featured for Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation comes from Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation.
- As per past year trends in XAT, it is observed that the essay topics have had stronger abstract dimensions. The topis for essay writing is based on either a common phrase or an idiom with a philosophical hint implied within.
XAT Preparation Books
Candidates can take a look at the books which they can refer to for XAT 2020 exam preparation.
|Important Books||Available at|
|XAT 2020 Simplified||Buy here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert Solved Papers |
and Practice Tests for XAT
|Jabbing Thee Xat Solved Papers|
And Mock Tests 2020
|Target XAT 2020||Buy here|
XAT Previous Year Papers
In the last few days of the exam, one thing which you should do is solve as many previous year papers as much as possible. This will help you in your revision and will build up your confidence. The best way to use previous year paper is to set the timer to as per the exam timing for XAT and then proceed to solve. This method will help you to build up your speed to finish the exam on time.
- Click here to download XAT question papers for the year 2010 to 2018.
Is there anything new in XAT 2020? Yes, the exam timings for XAT 2020 has been changed. In the year 2019, the exam started at 10:00 AM and ended on 01:00 PM. For XAT 2020, the exam timings are 09:30 AM to 12:30 PM. With this, the reporting time at the test center will also change.
How to Recover XAT 2020 Login Details?
In case if a candidate does not remember their login details, then in such a case, they can retrieve it by simply following the instructions as provided below.
How to get your XAT login ID?
Candidates who do not remember their XAT ID should check their email id, as it is sent to the candidate’s registered email id after the registration is done. Check your inbox or spam folder to get your XAT id.
How to retrieve XAT 2020 login password?
Step 1: Click here in case if you forgot XAT password.
Step 2: Next, on the login page, they need to click on the “Forgot password” link.
Step 3: In the next screen, you need to enter your registered email id and mobile number as provided in XAT registration form.
Step 4: Click on the “get password” button to submit the details, after which, a password for XAT login will be sent to your registered email id.
How to Download XAT 2020 Hall Ticket?
The admit card for XAT exam is released by online mode only at XAT login. Candidates can follow the instructions as provided below to download XAT admit card successfully:
Step 1: Click on the direct link which will be provided on this page to download XAT 2020 admit card.
Step 2: In the next screen, candidates have to log in by entering their user id and password.
Step 3: Click on the “Login” button to submit XAT login details.
Step 4: On submitting the login details, a dashboard will appear. Click on the hall ticket tab and then select an appropriate option for Assessment from the drop-down menu.
Step 5: After selecting the XAT exam date, click on the “search” button and then click on the “download” button under the Action tab.
Step 6: In the next screen, a pdf for XAT admit card will appear on the screen. Lastly, take a print out of admit card and carry it on the day of the exam.
What to Do if Unable to Download XAT Admit Card 2020?
There could be multiple reasons due to which a candidate may not be able to download their admit card. In that case, do the following:
- Try to open the login page after 10-15 minutes.
- Due to heavy load on the website, there could be a possibility that a candidate may not be able to open the website. It is advised to open it either during late night or in the early morning during these peak hours.
However, if you not able to log-in to your account, then few possible reason(s) could be:
- Ensure that you are providing correct XAT ID and password. You can cross-check it with your email received after XAT registration.
- Your payment of XAT 2020 application fee was successful.
What to Do After Downloading XAT 2020 Admit Card?
After downloading XAT hall ticket, candidates have to do these three (03) things –
- Ensure that the details provided in the XAT admit card is correct.
- In the space provided on the admit card, you have to paste your recent passport size photo. It is preferable to paste photo same as uploaded on the XAT 2020 admit card.
- In case if the photo printed on the image is blur or there is any kind of discrepancy, then in such a case, candidates must carry one passport size recent photo.
What to Do If there is a Discrepancy in XAT Admit Card 2020?
After downloading the admit card, candidates must ensure that the details printed on it is correct. In case, if there is an error in the personal detail printed on XAT admit card, then you contact the concerned authorities immediately regarding this.
Few importing things to note:
- Exam center allotted to the candidate and as printed on the XAT admit card 2020 cannot be changed.
- In case if there is a discrepancy in the photo on the candidate on XAT admit card, then you should carry a latest passport size photo, preferably the one uploaded by you in the XAT application form. Also, it is advised to contact the authorities regarding this.
What to Carry to XAT 2020 Test Centre?
On the day of the entrance exam, candidates must carry the following listed documents:
- A print out of XAT hall ticket.
- A valid id proof in original.
Acceptable ID proof for XAT 2020 – Candidates should carry any one (01) of the following id proof:
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter id card.
- PAN card.
- College id card.
- Driving License.
- Employee id card.
What is Biometric Verification in XAT exam? During the entrance exam, biometric verification of the examinees will be done to verify their identification. It is done to ensure that the aspirant who filled the application form is the one who applied for the entrance exam. In XAT 2020 entrance test, the biometric verification is done through the signature of the candidates which is to be done in the front of the invigilator on the space provided on the admit card. The signature to be done by the candidate must be the same as that printed in the admit card and uploaded by the candidates in their XAT online form.
What Not to Carry for XAT 2020 Entrance Exam?
The conducting body has clearly specified that candidates should not carry anything else other than the admit card and id proof to the test center. However, for a better understanding, candidates can check the list of debarred items below.
- Digital watches.
- Electronic gadgets.
- Food items.
- Books, notes, bits of paper.
Details Given in XAT Admit Card 2020
The admit card for XAT 2020 entrance exam consists of the following information.
- Candidate’s name.
- XAT ID.
- Date of birth.
- Date of the test.
- Reporting timings.
- Gate closure time.
- Duration of the exam.
- Center name.
- Address of the test centre.
- Test city.
- Google link.
- Candidate’s photo and signature
- Space to paste the candidate’s photo and to put signature.
- Invigilator’s signature.
- Invigilator’s remark.
- Important instructions to the examinees.
Sample Image of XAT admit card is given below…
How to Locate the XAT 2020 Test Centre?
In XAT 2020 admit card, candidates are given a Google link to locate the test centre allotted to them. It is important that candidates must ensure that they should visit the test centre a day or two before the exam date so that they are familiar with the route and reach the test centre on time on the day of the entrance test. To locate the test centre on google map, follow these instructions:
Step 1: As soon as the admit card pdf appears on the screen, click on the Google map link or you can directly type the name of the test centre on the google map as well.
Step 2: As soon as you click on the google map link, in the next screen, you can check the distance of the test centre from your place, shortest route, directions to reach the test centre, etc.
XAT 2020 Exam Centres
XLRI is conducting XAT 2020 entrance exam at 68 test cities spread across India. Candidates can check the complete list of test cities below.
|Agra||Bokaro Steel City||Goa|
XAT 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important that the candidates must prepare for the entrance exam as per the exam pattern and distribution of questions given by XLRI. Candidates can take a quick look at the XAT 2020 exam centre from below:
- Mode of exam – It is an online computer-based test.
- Duration of the exam – It is a 03 hours duration test.
- Language of the questions – In XAT, questions are asked in the English language only.
- Type of questions – There are objective type multiple-choice questions.
- Number of questions – XLRI has not clear;y mentioned the number of questions which are asked in the test. However, as per previous years, it can be estimated that in XAT, there are 99 number of questions in total.
- Marking scheme: Likewise, the marking scheme is also not clear for XAT 2020. However, on the basis of analysis done in previous year papers, candidates can expect 01 marks for correct answer, 0.25 marks deduction for incorrect answer and 0.10 marks deduction in case if a question is unanswered.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions in XAT 2020 based on previous year exam papers from the table below.
|Name of the Sections||Number of Questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||27|
XAT 2020 Result
XLRI declares result for XAT 2020 online at xlri.ac.in. To check the result online, candidates require to login using their XAT id and password. XAT result 2020 is released in the form of scorecard which contains details like candidate’s roll number, marks obtained in each subject, the status of passing the test, etc. Based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam, candidates are shortlisted for admission in their preferred college and course.
About XAT 2020
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is conducted every year by Xavier School of Management (XLRI). The entrance exam is conducted on behalf of XAMI at national level. This entrance test has now been conducted for the past 60 years to shortlist candidates for admission in various management courses. Score for XAT is used by various XLRI colleges and more than 150+ B-schools for admission in MBA courses.
Xavier School of Management (XLRI) is one of the first business school which was founded in the year 1949. For 70 years, XLRI had its campus only at Jamshedpur and has now decided to expand its footprint across the country by setting up new campuses in the North, West and Southern parts of India. XLRI opens its new campus in Delhi-NCR for the academic session 2020-22, the classes for the two section of PGDBM program will commence from June 2020.
XAT 2020 Admit Card Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Candidates have to carry a valid Id proof such as Aadhaar Card, Voter Id, PAN Card etc. along with the XAT 2020 Admit Card. In case the photo of the candidate is not clear, they must carry a passport size photograph with them.
Ans : You can take out the print out of the XAT 2020 Admit Card by connecting the printer to your system.
Ans : In case of any error in the Admit card, you can contact the Admission authority immediately.
Ans : No, candidates have to carry only the Hard copy (printout) of the XAT 2020 Admit Card.
Ans : Candidates must report at around 8:30 at the exam centre.
Ans : Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic devices to the exam hall.
Ans : No, there is no dress code for XAT 2020 exam.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.