XAT Syllabus 2023 is released before exam. Get here the section wise syllabus of XAT 2023 to know what to study. The XAT exam syllabus contains all important topics from XLRI will ask questions in the exam. Students who are appearing in Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT 2023) can download the syllabus pdf as per its release. Then study the XAT section-wise topics from MBA entrance exam preparation books, video lectures to ace the test.
XAT Syllabus 2023
The syllabus of XAT 2023 is only broadly provided by the XLRI. Students can check the Xavier Aptitude Test syllabus here based on past year analysis. In addition, check the official notification and information brochure for the official XAT syllabus.
Direct Link to Download XAT Syllabus 2023 – XLRI does not provide any specific syllabus for XAT exam. However educators have compiled a list of topics to study based on past year exam analysis. That list is in the following section wise topics pdf.
- Verbal and Logical Ability
- Decision Making
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- General Knowledge
- Essay Writing Test
Section wise syllabus for XAT 2023: XLRI does not specify any particular list of topics for any sections. However, since candidates need some guidelines on what to study, educators have analysed past year papers to prepare a broad list. We have given the section wise syllabus for XAT 2023 based on the past year exam analysis below. However do note that XLRI is free to frame questions however it pleases.
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Verbal and Logical Ability
- RC passages
- Paragraph completion
- Sentence completion
- Contextual usage
- Correct use of words
- Errors correction
- Fill in the blanks with correct words
- Grammar and Vocabulary
- History & fiction
- Jumbled Paragraphs
- Science & Culture
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Social and Economic issues
- Synonyms and antonyms
- binary logic
- blood relations
- Critical Reasoning
- logical sequence
- seating arrangement
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Decision Making
- Analytical Reasoning based on QA
- Case lets
- Case Study based decision-making
- Complex Arrangement
- Conditions and Grouping Test
- Data Arrangement Test
- Decision Making in a situation
- Ethical Dilemma
- QA based decision-making
- Table based decision-making
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers
- Simple and Compound Interest
- LCM and HCF
- Linear Equations
- Mixtures and Alligations
- Number System
- Permutation and Combination
- Profit and Loss
- Pure Math
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Set Theory
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Surds and Indices
- Time and Work
- Bar Graphs
- Data charts
- Data Sufficiency
- Data Tables
- Line Graphs
- Pie charts
- Venn Diagrams
XAT Syllabus 2023 – General Knowledge
- Books & Authors
- Business & Economy
- Capitals, Countries, Currencies
- Company logos
- Company profiles
- Constitution of India
- Static GK
- Current Affairs
- Economics, Trade Relations, Trade Practices
- National and International current affairs
- Science, Technological Development
- Who’s who
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Essay Writing Test
XLRI may ask essay on any topic. Here are some past year essay topics to give you an idea of what to study
- Capitalism and democracy cannot co-exist. (2022)
- In a management, we don’t need people who have never experienced setbacks. (2022)
- Ethical practices and sustainability: do they co-exist? (2018)
- Globalization and Jingoism always coexist. (2017)
- Technology and Nature are natural enemies. (2016)
- Listening is a dying art. We hardly listen to understand. We only listen to refute or reply. (2015)
- The most beautiful thing can neither be seen nor be touched but can only be felt. (2014)
- Corruption is the root cause of economic slowdown in India. (2013)
- Government is not addressing the root cause of poverty. (2012)
- Government is not able to implement the policies properly due to the huge magnitude of poverty. (2012)
- The statesman who would attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, would not only load himself with a most unnecessary attention, but assume an authority which could safely be trusted to no council and senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of a man who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it. (2011)
- Earth provides enough to satisfy everybody’s need but not everybody’s greed. (2010)
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Weightages
The weightage of each section is as per the exam pattern.
Last time the exam pattern was as follows
|Paper||No. of Qs||Max Marks|
|PART 1 – 165 Minutes|||||
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
|TOTAL in PART 1||75||75|
|PART 2 – 25 Minutes|||||
|Essay Writing Test||1||?|
|TOTAL in PART 1 and 2||101||100 + Marks for essay|
XAT Syllabus 2023 – Overview
|Aspect of XAT Syllabus 2023||Details|
|Name of exam||XAT|
|Full form of exam name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Event of XAT 2023 exam||Syllabus|
|Official Body for exam and XAT 2023 syllabus||XLRI|
|Full form of organization||Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute)|
|Scope of XAT syllabus||National|
|Exam Type||MBA Entrance Exam|
|Courses for which XAT syllabus is to be studied||MBA, PGDM, and other Management Programs offered in accepting colleges|
|Official website for XAT syllabus 2023||xatonline.in|
Books To Prepare XAT Syllabus 2023
Students should refer to the following to prepare for the Xavier Aptitude Test.
- Textbooks of qualifying exam
- MBA entrance exams reference books to study theory concepts of XAT syllabus 2023
- Reference books to practice MCQs based on syllabus of XAT.
- Previous Year Question Papers of XAT
- Reference books with sample papers, model papers, mock tests for XAT exam.
Some of the recommended books can be found on amazon by the exam name. However you can also ask your teachers and mentors to suggest you books best suited to you as well.
Qs. What is the XAT 2023 syllabus?
Ans. The syllabus of Xavier Aptitude Test defines the important topics from which questions will be asked in the XAT 2023 question paper.
Qs. Who sets the XAT syllabus?
Ans. The exam conducting body, and/or organization regulating the course admission sets it. The Xavier School of Management (XLRI or formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute) (XLRI) is conducting XAT 2023.
Qs. When should I start preparing the syllabus of XAT 2023?
Ans. You should ideally start preparing the Xavier Aptitude Test syllabus at least 1 year before hand. However, if you decided today to take the XAT 2023, then you should start preparing from today.
Qs. How can I study the XAT exam syllabus without coaching?
Ans. You should read all your qualifying exam study material to prepare the XAT syllabus. In addition you should use XAT 2023 reference books to study tricky portions. Also, practice MCQs from XAT 2023 MCQ books. And finally solve XAT previous year question papers, sample papers, model papers. This way you can prepare the XAT syllabus with self studies!
If you have any queries on XAT Syllabus 2023, then please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.