CDAC C-CAT 2019 – Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) has concludedC-DAC’s Common Admission Test (C-CAT) counselling process online at cdac.in. Candidates who were enrolled in CDAC had to pay the balanced course fee on or before February 14, 2020. CDAC conducts C-C-CAT twice in a year – first in June (for Aug admission), then in December (for Feb admission). Qualifiers in the test are eligible to participate in the counselling process. Check CDAC C-CAT 2019 exam date, course, registration details, and more information from this page.
CDAC C-CAT 2019
CDAC C-CAT is conducted for admission in PG-DGi, PG-DAC, PG-DBDA, PG-DITISS, PG-DIoT, PG-DAI, PG-DMC, PG-DSSD, PG-DASSD, PG-DHPCSA, PG-DESD, PG-DVLSI, and PG-DBIHI. For now, the dates are only available for CDAC February 2020 admission and candidates can check it from the table below.
|CDAC C-CAT 2019||February Batch|
|Online Registration start date||30 Oct 2019|
|Last date for Online Registratioand dnd Payment||27 Nov 2019|
|Downloading of C-CAT Admit Cards||04 to 14 Dec 2019|
|C-DAC Common Admission Test (C-CAT) Dates||CCAT I – 08 Dec 2019|
CCAT II – 15 Dec 2019
|Announcement of C-CAT Ranks||27 Dec 2019|
|Online Selection of Courses and Centres (1st Counselling)||28 Dec 2019 to 05 Jan 2020 (10 am)|
|Declaration of 1st Round of Seat Allocation||08 Jan 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of first instalment course fee for candidates allocated seats through the 1st round||16 Jan 2020 (till 5 pm)|
|Declaration of 2nd Round of Seat Allocation||21 Jan 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of first installment course fee for candidates allocated seats through the second round||28 Jan 2020 (till 5 pm)|
|Payment of caution deposit and online selection of course and centres (2nd counselling)||30 Jan to 05 Feb 2020 (10 am)|
|Declaration of Third Round of Seat Allocation (based on 2nd Counselling)||07 Feb 2020|
|Last Date of Payment of Balance course fee||14 Feb 2020|
|Registration of Students at Training Centres||17 Feb 2020|
|Commencement of PG Diploma Courses||18 Feb 2020|
Candidates must appear in an exam in order to get admission in PG Diploma courses at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing.
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Counselling & Seat Allocation Process
C-DAC’s PG Diploma counselling process is held online on the official website. Candidates have to fill the online choice filling of preferences of courses and training centres on the schedule date. All the qualified candidates will be allocated seats strictly based on the order of preferences of courses and centres given by them during the counselling.
Balanced Course Fee – After the seat allocations, candidates have to pay the courses fee online from the official website. Candidates can pay the fee in two instalments. Make sure that no Demand Draft (DD) or cheque or cash will be accepted by any C-DAC training centre.
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the total course fee of the each course from the table below:
|fee of all the PG Diploma courses (except PG-DBDA and PG-DAI)||Rs. 90,000 + GST|
|PG-DAI||Rs 150,000 + GST|
|PG-DBDA||Rs. 115,000 + GST|
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Result
CDAC declares CDAC C-CAT 2019 Result on the official website. Candidates can check their result by logging in with form number and password. Based on the candidate’s performance in the test, CDAC will prepare the C-CAT ranks, on the basis of which candidates are selected for the preferences of courses/centres.
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Cut off: Candidates who have scored less than 10% in any of the sections (A or B or C) of C-CAT will not be qualified for ranking.
In case of tie breaking which means, If more than two candidates have got the same marks in Section A or A+B or A+B+C, then the candidate having more marks in Section A will be given the higher rank.
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for CDAC C-CAT 2019 is issued in online mode only. The exam conducting body does not send any printed admit card to the candidates individually by post. The candidates can download it from the Student Login by entering details such as Form Number and Password. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the print out of the CDAC CAT Admit Card on the day of the examination. Along with it, you also need to carry a valid id proof as well. It is advised to the candidates to read the important instructions given on the CDAC C-CAT Admit Card 2019.
C-CAT 2019 Schedule
Candidates can check the C-CAT exam timings slot schedule for different test papers from below:
|Test Paper||Morning Slot Timings||Afternoon Slot Timings|
|Section A||9:30 am – 10:30 am||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
|Section B||10:45 am – 11:45 am||3:15 pm – 4:15 pm|
|Section C||12:00 noon – 1:00 pm||4:30 pm – 5:30 pm|
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern of the C-CAT 2019 for better preparation from below:
- Mode of examination – Exam will be conducted in Online Mode
- Type of questions – Objective type questions
- No of sections – There are total 3 sections (A,B,C)
- No of question – 50 questions (per section)
- Marking Scheme – For correct ans +3 marks, for incorrect answer -1 mark and for no answer 0 marks
- Distribution table of Sections and Course –
|Course Category||Course Name||C-CAT Paper(s)|
|II||PG-DAC||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DBDA||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DITISS||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DIoT||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DAI||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DMC||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DSSD||Section A and B|
|II||PG-DASSD||Section A and B|
|II||PG-HPCSA||Section A and B|
|III||PG-DESD||Section A, B, and C|
|III||PG-DVLSI||Section A, B, and C|
|III||PG-DBIHI||Section A, B, and C|
Note – Candidates will have to chose only one for the specific section(s) in C-CAT as per the category of the courses opted by him/her.
Candidates can check the CDAC C-CAT Syllabus provided below for the exam preparation:
- Quantitative Aptitude,
- Computer Fundamentals
- C Programming
- Data Structures
- Data Communication & Networking
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Operating Systems
- Computer Architecture
- Digital Electronics
Reference books for preparation of C-CAT 2019
|English||Any High School Grammar Book (e.g. Wren & Martin)||Buy Now|
|Quantitative Aptitude&Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude Fully Solved (R. S. Aggarwal)|
Quantitative Aptitude (M Tyara)
Barron’s New GRE 2016
|Computer Fundamentals||Foundations of Computing (Pradeep Sinha & Priti Sinha)||Buy Now|
|Data Communication & Networking||Data Communication & Networking (Forouzan)||Buy Now|
|C Programming||C Programming Language (Kernighan & Ritchie)|
Let Us C (Yashavant Kanetkar)
|Data Structures||Data Structures Through C in Depth (S. K. Srivastava)||Buy Now|
|Operating Systems||Operating System Principles (Silberschatz, Galvin, Gagne)||Buy Now|
|OOP Concepts||Test Your C ++ Skills (Yashavant Kanetkar)||Buy Now|
|Computer Architecture||Computer Organization & Architecture (William Stallings)||Buy Now|
|Digital Electronics||Digital Design (Morris Mano)|
Digital Design: Principles & Practices (John Wakerly)
Modern Digital Electronics (R. P. Jain)
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to ensure that they fulfill the mentioned below eligibility criteria before applying for CDAC C-CAT 2019:
Common Eligibility –
- Graduate in Engineering (10+2+4 or 10+3+3 years) in IT /Computer Science /Electronics /Telecommunications /Electrical / Instrumentation. OR
- Must have completed P.G Degree in Engineering Sciences with corresponding basic degree (e.g. MSc /MS (10+2+3+2 years) in Computer Science, IT, Electronics)
- Mathematics in 10+2 (exempted for candidates with Diploma + Engineering).
Age Limit – There is no age restriction for admission to C-DAC’s PG Diploma courses.
Check the Qualification required for Particular course if they do not fulfill the common eligibility –
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geoinformatics – 4-year Degree in Geosciences/Petroleum/ Mining/ Civil/ Planning/Architecture/ Forestry/ Agriculture, or related fields, OR Post Graduate Degree in Geography/ Geology/ Natural & Applied Sciences/Mathematics, or allied areas with minimum 50% marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Computing – Graduate in any discipline of Engineering, OR MCA, MCM, OR Post Graduate Degree in Physics /Mathematics/Statistics, OR Post Graduate Degree in Management with graduation in IT / Computer Science/Applications with minimum 50 % aggregate marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Big Data Analytics – 4-year Graduation in Bioinformatics, OR Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics/Statistics/ Physics, OR MCA with minimum 55 % aggregate marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security – Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics / Statistics, OR MCA with minimum 55 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Internet of Things – Those who have completed MCA
- with minimum 55 % marks can apply for PG-DIoT.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Artificial Intelligence – Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics / Statistics / Physics, OR MCA with minimum 60 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mobile Computing – Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics /Statistics, OR MCA with minimum 50 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in System Software Development – Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics / Statistics, OR MCA with minimum 55 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development – Candidates must have completed MCA with minimum 55 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in HPC System Administration – Post Graduate Degree in Mathematics / Statistics, OR MCA with minimum 55 % marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded – Common eligibility criteria with minimum 55% marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in VLSI Design – Common eligibility criteria with minimum 55% marks
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics – • BE/BTech in Biomedical related fields with minimum 55 % marks
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates seeking admission into P.G courses through CDAC C-CAT, have to fill the online C-CAT 2019 Application Form from the official website. They have to provide his/her personal, communication and qualification details. Candidates also have to choose the date and time of the exam according to their course section and convenience/availability. C-CAT exam centre will be allocated on the first-come first-serve basis of application form depending on the seating capacity and availability of centre. Once the exam centre is selected in the application form, it cannot be changed.
C-CAT 2019 Fee – Candidates also have to pay the exam fee online during the registration. Check the section wise examination fee from below :
|Section A||Rs. 1350/-|
|Section A+B||Rs. 1550/-|
|Section A+B+C||Rs. 1750/-|
CDAC C-CAT 2019 Test Centre
Candidates can check the exam cities across the India as given below for CDAC C-CAT 2019. CAndidates must ensure that once the test centre will be selected, it cannot be changed further :
PG Diploma Courses offered through CDAC C-CAT 2019
Candidates can check the P.G Diploma courses offered through CDAC C-CAT 2019 from below:
- PG Diploma in Advanced Computing (PG-DAC)
- PG Diploma in Embedded Systems Design (PG-DESD)
- PG Diploma in Big Data Analytics (PG-DBDA)
- PG Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems & Security (PG-DITISS)
- PG Diploma in VLSI Design (PG-DVLSI)
- PG Diploma in Internet of Things (PG-DIoT)
- PG Diploma in Artificial Intelligence (PG-DAI)
- PG Diploma in Mobile Computing (PG-DMC)
- PG Diploma in System Software Development (PG-DSSD)
- PG Diploma in Advanced Secure Software Development (PG-DASSD)
- PG Diploma in HPC System Administration (PG-DHPCSA)
- PG Diploma in Geoinformatics (PG-DGi)
- PG Diploma in Biomedical Instrumentation & Health Informatics (PG-DBIHI)
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) was set up by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India in 1988. Every year thousand of students and professional are trained in more than 30 centres across India. Today, it is offering 13 postgraduate diploma courses in various training centres located in cities across India. CDAC mission is to expand the frontiers of Electronics and Information Technology.
CDAC C-CAT Dec 2019 for Feb 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : C-CAT is CDAC’s Common Admission Test (C-CAT). It is an entry level examination for various PG Diploma courses offered by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) conducted at all India level.
Ans : C-CAT is conducted twice a year in the months of June and December
Ans : Candidates who have successfully completed their Engineering Degree or MCA or a Post Graduate in Computer Science/IT are eligible for appearing for C-CAT
Ans : All candidates (including distance education mode) meeting the eligibility criteria mentioned in C-DAC's Admission Booklet can apply.
Official Website: cdac.in.
For more information regarding CDAC C-CAT 2019, Download Information Booklet
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.