|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
AILET 2018, also called as All India Law Entrance Test, will be held on 06 May 2018. It will be conducted by National Law University, Delhi, for the admission of candidates in BA LLB, LLM, and PhD courses. In all, 133 seats are offered to the candidates and out of these 83 are for BA LLB, 40 for LLM, and 10 for Ph.D. courses. The information brochure for AILET 2018 is expected to release soon. The online registration for the examination will begin in the month of January 2018. The candidates will be able to apply online for AILET. Interested candidates can check AILET 2018 exam date, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, application process, and more details from this page.
The candidates can check the latest notification regarding the AILET exam date 2018 from below.
The National Law University Delhi is looked forward to conducting the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) 2018 for admission to B.A.LL.B (Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. Degree Programmes. The date of the examination can be checked from the table below.
|AILET 2018 application forms available from||January 2018|
|Last date for submission of applications||April 2018|
|Availability of AILET Admit Card 2018||April 2018|
|AILET 2018 exam date||06 May 2018|
|AILET 2018 Result||May 2018|
Note: As and when more dates will be released, we will update it in the table above.
AILET Preparation 2018
More than 12,000 students appear for the AILET every year against only around 80 seats. The level of competition is definitely high. With preparation, it is feasible to score well in AILET and get a seat in NLU Delhi. Get an idea of the minimum score you will need to get in AILET. Past year AILET cut off is given below.
|Category||AILET 2016 Cut Off||AILET 2015 Cut Off||AILET 2014 Cut Off|
- Read newspapers daily to catch up with GK and current affairs.
- Have a time table for studying. It is advised that you give at least 7-8 hours each day to prepare for law entrance exams.
- Out of the 90 minutes in the exam, you should give around 20 minutes to the English section. 10 minutes each can be for Mathematics and GK. 25 minutes each will be required to attempt the Legal and Reasoning sections.
Books and resources suggested by toppers for AILET 2017 preparation.
- RK Sharma‘s book for Logical reasoning.
- CSR Competition Success Review
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- AILET previous year question papers.
AILET Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for B.A.LL.B.(Hons.), LL.M and Ph.D. Programmes will be different from each other. There will be no negative marking in AILET exam. The detailed exam pattern for these courses are given below.
The paper pattern of All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for BA LLB is given below.
|Duration||1 hour 30 minutes|
|Questions and distribution|
|General Knowledge (Current Affairs, General Science, History, Geography, Economics, Civics)||35 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||35 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||10 Marks|
AILET pattern for LLM entrance exam is explained below.
|Questions and distribution|
|Subject areas||Law of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory|
|Objective Type||100 questions of one mark each|
|Essay||One Essay of 50 marks on a topic of law from the above subjects.|
|Total questions||100 (objective type) and 1 (Essay)|
AILET Application Form
- The application form for AILET 2018 will be available on NLU Delhi website. The application forms will be available online only from January 2018 and have to be submitted on or before, April 2018. You need to first register on NLU website, in order to apply for the preferred course.
- Interested applicants can fill and submit the application form from NLU, Delhi official website.
- In the application form, you need to fill the following details: Personal Details, Academic Details, Upload Photograph and Signature and finally make payment.
Documents to be referred for AILET application form.
- Class X mark sheet. This will be used as date of birth proof.
- Class XII mark sheet. If you are yet to appear in class 12th exam, this is not required while form fill up.
- If applicable, SC/ST/PD/KM certificate. This should be a latest and valid certificate.
- BPL category certificate copy, attested from competent authority (in case of BPL candidates of SC/ST category).
- Passport size photographs.
Please note – There are five separate courses’ application forms. Ensure that you have filled the correct form.
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) programme form for Indian national category.
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) programme form for foreign national category.
- LL.M. programme form for Indian national category.
- LL.M. programme form for foreign national category.
- Ph.D. programme application form.
|Category||Application Fee Charges|
|Reserved Categories||Rs 1,000/-|
Eligibility for AILET
Before filling the application form, ensure that you fit in the eligibility criteria as prescribed by NLU, Delhi. The eligibility criteria for AILET 2018 is specified below:
For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) course – Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
For B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) programme – The candidates must be below 21 years as on 1 July, 2018 In case of SC/ST the minimum age limit is 23 years
For LL.M. (One year) programme & PG Diploma programme – Must have completed LL.B. or an Equivalent Law Degree with 55% aggregate marks (for general candidates) and 50% marks (for SC, ST or PwD candidates).
For Ph.D programme – Must possess a LL.M. Degree or equivalent with minimum 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Candidates who are appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
AILET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will be different for all the courses. For B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) course, questions will be asked from English, General Knowledge (Current Affairs, History, Geography, General Science, Economics and Civics), Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability). Whereas, for LL.M. programme, questions will be asked from Law of Contracts, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Constitutional Law and Legal Theory.
AILET 2018 Admit Card
The AILET 2018 Admit Card will be released by the university in the third week of April, 2017 i.e., few weeks before the commencement of examination. You can download the admit card through the official website of the university. The admit card will contain details like candidate name & roll number, exam center, exam date & timing, etc. The admit card is an important document and should be brought along for the entrance examination. Admit card for AILET 2018 will be available online only. No admit card will be sent to candidate thrugh post.
AILET 2018 Result
Candidates who will participate in the AILET 2018 exam can check their result through the official website of the university. The AILET 2018 Result will be declared in the month of June, 2017. The question booklet and answer key for the AILET 2018 will be uploaded on the official website. On the basis of marks scored by candidate in AILET 2018 exam, a merit list will be prepared separately for all the categories. Candidates who wish to apply for a copy of OMR sheet may need to send a DD of Rs.1000/- drawn on the favor of Registrar National Law University Delhi.
The seat reservation in LL.M. programme for different categories will be as follow:
|Person with disability||2.5%|